IMG_2811 (resized).JPG
IMG_2809 (resized).JPG
IMG_2810 (resized).JPG
IMG_2808 (resized).JPG
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 14.04.07 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 10.36.47 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 10.21.09 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 6,719 posts in this topic. You are on page 119 of 135.
#5901 1 year ago
Quoted from GILV:

Check if the wire colors are the same colors on both coils, if so, search for a bad diode on one of the 2 coils.
That's what I would do first.

It ended up being a switch diode!
A few months ago I had installed a replacement switch and totally borked the diode attachment (put it on the wrong leads).
Today, I referenced how other switches looked around there and copied that.
All good now!

#5902 1 year ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

It ended up being a switch diode!
A few months ago I had installed a replacement switch and totally borked the diode attachment (put it on the wrong leads).
Today, I referenced how other switches looked around there and copied that.
All good now!

Happy to know that you found your problem, it really sounded like a diode problem, when 2 coils are activated at the same time when they have nothing to do with each other, diodes are very often the cause.

#5903 1 year ago

Friendly word of advice. Don't cheap out on the usb to serial-lead when updating your RFM. I did so, and it did not work at all. applejuice however was super helpful and gave patient support. I ended up having to buy the "official" mypinballs-lead as well. Once I used it, however, the update worked like a charm!
But man, what a great game RFM becomes when updated!

#5904 1 year ago

I've noticed a few posts recently that have pictures of "Title screens" per se as shown below... Is there a reason I don't see these on my machine at all? Is there a setting that needs to be switched on?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#5905 1 year ago

2.50 incoming!
Thanks applejuice

16800279405484358276068089879078 (resized).jpg16800279405484358276068089879078 (resized).jpg
#5906 1 year ago
Quoted from Canuck_pinhead:

2.50 incoming!
Thanks applejuice
[quoted image]

WOW! I love that green T-molding. Very nice.

#5907 1 year ago
Quoted from GILV:

WOW! I love that green T-molding. Very nice.

Actually stole the idea from applejuice.

Thinking about powder coating legs, lockdown bar and maybe speaker grill and top metal moulding the same colour.

16800323140325588729891346327317 (resized).jpg16800323140325588729891346327317 (resized).jpg
#5908 1 year ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Parts - For Sale

Parting out the container kit if anyone’s interested the ads are up

Revenge from mars container kit

Archived

NOS (New Old Stock) - “Revenge from mars container kit. I opened the box, it’s been sealed in heated storage since 1999. I opened this just to take pictures and put everything back. Everything containe...”

2023-03-19

Norwood, MA
(8 mi)

lllvjr

Archived after: 7 days
Viewed: 445 times

Edit & Re-list
Change listing result

In case anyone is interested

#5909 1 year ago

Thinking about powder coating legs, lockdown bar and maybe speaker grill and top metal moulding the same colour.[quoted image]

When you do powder coat those, I'd really like to see your game afterwards, please post pictures.

#5910 1 year ago

2.50 incoming!
Thanks applejuice
[quoted image]

Donations welcome!

Thinking about powder coating legs, lockdown bar and maybe speaker grill and top metal moulding the same colour.[quoted image]

Yes, I have green t-moulding and matching green power coated legs. Everything else factory. Too much green would be wrong, but this is just right.

#5911 1 year ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Yes, I have green t-moulding and matching green power coated legs. Everything else factory. Too much green would be wrong, but this is just right.

Legs and lockdown bar are where I'm leaning. Think you're right about the speaker grill and the top bracket though.

Question regarding the new code. When I play a multi player game the stroke of luck will select REDUCE SCORES every time for the first 3 or 4 times. Is this purposeful?

#5912 1 year ago

Legs and lockdown bar are where I'm leaning. Think you're right about the speaker grill and the top bracket though.
Question regarding the new code. When I play a multi player game the stroke of luck will select REDUCE SCORES every time for the first 3 or 4 times. Is this purposeful?

Only if the score war setting is on in the party options.

#5913 1 year ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Only if the score war setting is on in the party options.

Found it! Thank you!!

Do you know the answer to my other question about the "Title screens" with the pictures as shown above? I don't see them.

#5914 1 year ago

Found it! Thank you!!
Do you know the answer to my other question about the "Title screens" with the pictures as shown above? I don't see them.

If you don't see title screens then you have an issue I've not seen before. Graphics roms maybe? is it original or emulated hardware you are using?

#5915 1 year ago
Quoted from applejuice:

If you don't see title screens then you have an issue I've not seen before. Graphics roms maybe? is it original or emulated hardware you are using?

Original hardware.

#5916 1 year ago

Original hardware.

The “title screen” will show for a second or two after a mode is selected at the start of a game. They also should show after completing a mode and moving on to a new one.

#5917 1 year ago
Quoted from Nickz4860:

The “title screen” will show for a second or two after a mode is selected at the start of a game. They also should show after completing a mode and moving on to a new one.

Yup... never seen them...

#5918 1 year ago

Do you hear the sound call associated with the mode title screens? Like "Big-O Beam!" with the music?

#5919 1 year ago

Just tried to update to 2.5 and I'm seeing some weirdness.

The software version shows as .80.

It remembers all my high scores. It's on free play but showing credit info.

And the weirdest thing is when I press start the game starts looking for pinballs. All 4 are in the trough.

I'm on original hardware and used fupdate. D:\>fupdate -fpin2000_50070_0250_ COM1

The game went through the flash and rebooted. I'm attaching a couple pics. I'm sure I must've messed something up.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

20230329_201315 (resized).jpg20230329_201315 (resized).jpg20230329_201706 (resized).jpg20230329_201706 (resized).jpg20230329_201723 (resized).jpg20230329_201723 (resized).jpg

#5920 1 year ago

what do you get when you run a roms checks in the test menu?

#5921 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Just tried to update to 2.5 and I'm seeing some weirdness.
The software version shows as .80.
It remembers all my high scores. It's on free play but showing credit info.
And the weirdest thing is when I press start the game starts looking for pinballs. All 4 are in the trough.
I'm on original hardware and used fupdate. D:\>fupdate -fpin2000_50070_0250_ COM1
The game went through the flash and rebooted. I'm attaching a couple pics. I'm sure I must've messed something up.
Thanks in advance for any assistance.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Well your update failed and the game reverted back to v0.8 on the rom card so you aren’t using the flash update currently

Run the updater again or use a better updater like mine and better leads, lower update speed. Direct connection to game computer etc

This is not uncommon with that old updater or naff leads

#5922 1 year ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Well your update failed and the game reverted back to v0.8 on the rom card so you aren’t using the flash update currently
Run the updater again or use a better updater like mine and better leads, lower update speed. Direct connection to game computer etc
This is not uncommon with that old updater or naff leads

Thanks. I'll give it another go tonight. I've done 3 updates with this cord. It's the one from Amazon that has been recommended here. I'll try direct to the PC this time. It tricked me since it went through the visual process of updating.

EDIT: Ended up having some extra time before work and did the direct connection. Update seemed to go through fine this time. Phew.

Got Martian Invaders for the first time ever in a test game. That's a neat mode.

#5923 1 year ago
Quoted from Zee:

Do you hear the sound call associated with the mode title screens? Like "Big-O Beam!" with the music?

Nope.

#5924 1 year ago

Ok...
Looks like this could be the issue.

Solutions?

16801831034007011665334102236651 (resized).jpg16801831034007011665334102236651 (resized).jpg
#5925 1 year ago

Ok...
Looks like this could be the issue.
Solutions?
[quoted image]

My first thought would be to remove and reseat that mask rom. Maybe shoot some contact cleaner into the socket while it is out. I don't have direct experience on the prism card, but it has worked on other roms where they were not reading right due to a dirty or bad socket.

#5926 1 year ago

My first thought would be to remove and reseat that mask rom. Maybe shoot some contact cleaner into the socket while it is out. I don't have direct experience on the prism card, but it has worked on other roms where they were not reading right due to a dirty or bad socket.

I'll give it a try.

Anyone have tips or cautions when doing this?

Do I need a separating tool for prism card?? I thought I recalled seeing that in the past.

#5927 1 year ago

I'll give it a try.
Do I need a separating tool for prism card?? I thought I recalled seeing that in the past.

I'll give it a try.

I highly recommend getting the tool, I think M&M Creations has them available but you'll need to contact them via PM on Pinside I believe. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mampm-creations-prism-tool

#5928 1 year ago

They are also 3D-printable if you have access to a 3D printer. I had my brother make me one. I can't remember where I found the file.

#5929 1 year ago

I'll give it a try.

I've separated those cards with my bare hands a few times to replace batteries on my 2 sets of prism cards and if you are really carefull you will have no problems at all.

#5930 1 year ago
Quoted from justyn:

They are also 3D-printable if you have access to a 3D printer. I had my brother make me one. I can't remember where I found the file.

Fourth one down here: https://thangs.com/search/Pinball%202000?scope=all

#5931 1 year ago

Video amp question I'm hoping someone can help me with. Just got my RFM up and running as the previous monitor broke and had to be replaced. I'm looking to add the amp but am confused by the vert/horz sync. Specifically, my current chassis is shown in the photo with wires from the VGA cable to Red, Green, Blue, Ground, V/Sync and H/Sync. As the amp only has one sync output, do I connect it to the V/sync or the H/sync?

RFM video (resized).jpgRFM video (resized).jpg
#5932 1 year ago

Any chance that mypinballs.com has a USA distributor? The postage costs from the UK are crazy!

#5933 1 year ago

Pinball 2000 playfield glass still available. I ordered and received mine as a backup.

https://www.planetarypinball.com/pinball-04-127391

#5934 1 year ago
Quoted from Engel67:

Pinball 2000 playfield glass still available. I ordered and received mine as a backup.
https://www.planetarypinball.com/pinball-04-127391

Am I happy that when I was ready to buy last november that they were out of stock, I finally got one for less than 100$.

#5935 1 year ago

Looking for a right ramp and lockdown bar if anyone has them.
Thanks

#5936 1 year ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Looking for a right ramp and lockdown bar if anyone has them.
Thanks

Saw it listed here for 3D printing if you can't find one.
https://thangs.com/search/Pinball%202000?scope=all

#5937 1 year ago

Ok I tried reseatting the ROMs. no change. Still testing bad.

If I buy programmable ROM's... anyone know where or how to program them?? Or would it be done with an update?

I'm clueless here.

#5938 1 year ago

If I buy programmable ROM's... anyone know where or how to program them?? Or would it be done with an update?
I'm clueless here.

I would check with Dave at pinballrom.com. He likely knows what the EPROM equivalent would be, and should be able to program one for you.

#5939 1 year ago

I would check with Dave at pinballrom.com. He likely knows what the EPROM equivalent would be, and should be able to program one for you.

even better! He's just up the highway from me!!Thanks... should have thought of him!

#5940 1 year ago

I'm clueless here.

I'm sorry to say this but I've tried finding these but nobody can burn them I've asked two guys, in Ontario who do burn ROM'S and they both said they could not do them......, you can only get original factory ROM's and they rare rare rare.....
I just sold a set 2 weeks ago, I had 2 back ups so I sold one of them, too bad
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-nos-rom-s-

#5941 1 year ago
Quoted from GILV:

I'm sorry to say this but I've tried finding these but nobody can burn them I've asked two guys, in Ontario who do burn ROM'S and they both said they could not do them......, you can only get original factory ROM's and they rare rare rare.....

Any idea why they can't be burned?

#5942 1 year ago
Quoted from justyn:

I'm guessing copyright violation concerns.

Maybe it's time for you to switch to a Nucore-type arrangement.

#5943 1 year ago
Quoted from GILV:

Dang it.

Nucore may be the next best option.

#5944 1 year ago
Quoted from justyn:

Size. The largest EPROMs available are 32Mbit, and these masked ROMs are 64Mbit.
Of course, with a little hackery, you could stack a couple 32Mbit EPROMs.... Or build an adapter board for a large flash/EEPROM.

#5946 1 year ago

I saw those... doesn't specify they are tested though.

I guess for $40AUD with shipping it's worth a risk though.

#5947 1 year ago

Maybe you could buy those and get them burned Canuc_pinhead ?

#5948 1 year ago
Quoted from GILV:

Maybe you could buy those and get them burned Canuc_pinhead ?

I bought them.
We'll see

#5949 1 year ago
Quoted from GILV:

I've got both Pin2000 games in one cabinet, so I bought these off Ebay and added a background to my already home made topper, made of planet Mars and planet Nabou (planet Mercery) cut out a quarter of each planet and sticked it on a polycarbonate sheet with double sided tape with mylar to cover and protect the planets.
Results:
ebay.com link: itm
[quoted image][quoted image]

"Space, the final frontier......." and the final step to my ultimate pinball2000 topper.
I cut the 2 sides of my planet Mars poster with the space background and applied double face 3M tape to it, stuck it on a sheet of polycarbote, added a mylar on top, bought some thin styrofoam sheets from Dollarama, bought the 50 watt LED flood light you see in the link and made this for a space lighted background for my 2 pin2000 games (see pictures).

IMG_9739 (resized).JPGIMG_9739 (resized).JPGIMG_9741 (resized).JPGIMG_9741 (resized).JPGIMG_9743 (resized).JPGIMG_9743 (resized).JPGIMG_9744 (resized).JPGIMG_9744 (resized).JPGIMG_9745 (resized).JPGIMG_9745 (resized).JPGIMG_9746 (resized).JPGIMG_9746 (resized).JPGIMG_9747 (resized).JPGIMG_9747 (resized).JPGIMG_9748 (resized).JPGIMG_9748 (resized).JPG

#5950 1 year ago

I found it was much too illuminated in the back of the topper, fixed it.

IMG_9750 (resized).JPGIMG_9750 (resized).JPGIMG_9751 (resized).JPGIMG_9751 (resized).JPG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.00
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

There are 6,719 posts in this topic. You are on page 119 of 135.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-hillary-come-here-you-gotta-see-this/page/119?hl=canuck_pinhead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.