IMG_2811 (resized).JPG
IMG_2809 (resized).JPG
IMG_2810 (resized).JPG
IMG_2808 (resized).JPG
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 14.04.07 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 10.36.47 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 10.21.09 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 6,716 posts in this topic. You are on page 118 of 135.
#5851 1 year ago
Quoted from Zee:

There's an aftermarket scoop for that with slotted mounting holes so you can change the "aim" of the thing.
https://mantispinball.com/product/revenge-from-mars-scoop/

The green one listed below that.... is that a replacement for the part above the playfield??

#5852 1 year ago
Quoted from Canuck_pinhead:

The green one listed below that.... is that a replacement for the part above the playfield??

That looks like the one in the back of the playfield that puts the ball onto the right plastic ramp.

#5853 1 year ago
Quoted from Zee:

That looks like the one in the back of the playfield that puts the ball onto the right plastic ramp.

Right.
Totally unnecessary to replace that one...

so I'll likely get it at some point.

#5854 1 year ago

Right.
Totally unnecessary to replace that one...
so I'll likely get it at some point.

I recommend leaving it flat black so as not to mess up the video projections.

#5855 1 year ago
Quoted from Zee:

I recommend leaving it flat black so as not to mess up the video projections.

Good point.... but doesn't help my need to throw money down the hole that is pinball ownership.

#5856 1 year ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Working on some new hardware features for v2.60 . Physically lock those balls for multiball..
Also adding some shaker effects, specifically mothership mb
[quoted image]

Great to see you are working on a new release ! Thank you for making this Pinball shine

#5857 1 year ago

So this will be an add on mechanism? (Like the 6 ball trough/shaker)

Yes

#5858 1 year ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Working on some new hardware features for v2.60 . Physically lock those balls for multiball..
[quoted image]

THANK YOU

#5859 1 year ago

Put me on the buy list

#5860 1 year ago

I've often wondered why there isn't a functional physical ball lock on this game, it seems like the hardware was already there.

#5861 1 year ago
Quoted from Grauwulf:

I've often wondered why there isn't a functional physical ball lock on this game, it seems like the hardware was already there.

Cost saving as the game got closer to production.

#5862 1 year ago
Quoted from applejuice:

[quoted image]

You are like a god for RFM owners

#5863 1 year ago

Hi recently bought a revenge from mars.
Everything has been working perfect until now. It will randomly reset. At one point I did get a "checksum rom image error” on startup.
For whatever reason, when I slid the computer out hanging i was able to play for a while with no problem. All of the cables plugged in to the computer don't seem under any stress when doing this. Now whenever I try to slide the computer back in, the game will reset. It seems like something is loose or maybe a bad connection somewhere.

I was able to get the computer back in and and played a few games with no problems. I just need to be careful not to shake the machine or cause a ball search, or it might shut down. Definitely seems like a loose connection. Even when very carefully sliding the computer back in with the computer on will usually cause the computer to restart or just shut off entirely. The PSU fan, cpu fan, and the fluorescent bulb will stay on. Turning the machine off and on will often get the computer to boot up again. Also to mention at one point everything BUT the monitor was working. I'm very new to this and don't know much about diagnosing this kind of problem so any help is seriously appreciated! Thanks for your time
#revengefrommars

#5864 1 year ago

Check to make sure everything is secured in the cpu case. It cards aren't loose... Motherboard isn't shorting somewhere.

#5865 1 year ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Check to make sure everything is secured in the cpu case. It cards aren't loose... Motherboard isn't shorting somewhere.

Thinking about bringing it down to a local computer repair and having them take a look, I’ve had the computer out multiple times but am not confident in messing with anything myself. Hoping it is something simple like you said. Here are some pics.

7D302C2C-D93B-44D8-9BC0-71764D80BDC3 (resized).jpeg7D302C2C-D93B-44D8-9BC0-71764D80BDC3 (resized).jpeg8A1B61D1-23F7-4943-8F31-1AAD66740021 (resized).jpeg8A1B61D1-23F7-4943-8F31-1AAD66740021 (resized).jpeg921725F6-3C50-4D64-A248-934D62E582B0 (resized).jpeg921725F6-3C50-4D64-A248-934D62E582B0 (resized).jpegE92CD1D8-C48D-4E78-9342-69BB26472BA7 (resized).jpegE92CD1D8-C48D-4E78-9342-69BB26472BA7 (resized).jpeg
#5866 1 year ago

Does the fan run properly? Those things have been known to not work well after a while. Verify the fan works before going too far, I’d say…
I had to replace the fan on mine first.

Jeff

#5867 1 year ago
Quoted from Grangeomatic:

Does the fan run properly? Those things have been known to not work well after a while. Verify the fan works before going too far, I’d say…
I had to replace the fan on mine first.
Jeff

Yes, the fans runs properly. The cpu fan was the only thing I replaced I was very careful in doing so. The original fan was very loud.

#5868 1 year ago

I don't see anything obvious. Unless you manage to "desocket" the cpu slightly when you were replacing the fan.

My take (if it were me) would be to pull the CPU case from the game; set it on a bench. Power it up with a power cable and a VGA monitor. Then gently bang around to see if you see a reset. If you can't reproduce on the "Bench"; it's maybe a cable issue in the game.

If it does reproduce on the bench; I'd try "tapping" the cards and connectors with an insulated screwdriver handle to see if you can isolate to a card/area.

#5869 1 year ago

Try to mount the Prism board in the other place, just near.
I had this problem on mine.
The Prism board was slightly loosen in the 1st place.
Now It is working fine.

#5870 1 year ago

I assume you mean mount the prism card in a different slot?
because age vs weight in the original ISA slot may be the reason the game resets?
Not a bad hypothesis and easy to test.

#5871 1 year ago

Yes that's it

#5872 1 year ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I don't see anything obvious. Unless you manage to "desocket" the cpu slightly when you were replacing the fan.
My take (if it were me) would be to pull the CPU case from the game; set it on a bench. Power it up with a power cable and a VGA monitor. Then gently bang around to see if you see a reset. If you can't reproduce on the "Bench"; it's maybe a cable issue in the game.
If it does reproduce on the bench; I'd try "tapping" the cards and connectors with an insulated screwdriver handle to see if you can isolate to a card/area.

Quoted from Matt08:

Try to mount the Prism board in the other place, just near.
I had this problem on mine.
The Prism board was slightly loosen in the 1st place.
Now It is working fine.

Well, it’s been a couple days since I first experienced this reboot issue. Last night I was able to play over 10 games and haven’t had any problems. I think I am going to leave it alone for now and if it the problem ever shows itself in the hopefully not near future, I will try to figure it out again. I really appreciate everyone’s input.

#5873 1 year ago

So I was watching a video for gameplay strategy and I noticed in one of them that they triggered Attack Mars after completing only 3 "missions", I assume that is a setting you can flip on? Is that right? (I ask as I have yet to trigger it despite almost completing all 9 missions... my best shot was when I had 1 ball to get to the mystery mission... only to get alien bowling and have it crash! )

#5874 1 year ago

I have these RFM ROM's for sale if anyone is interrested.
Thanks.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-nos-rom-s-

#5875 1 year ago
Quoted from Matt08:

You are like a god for RFM owners

I try my best. Its mainly just a lot of hours and graft!

So I was watching a video for gameplay strategy and I noticed in one of them that they triggered Attack Mars after completing only 3 "missions", I assume that is a setting you can flip on? Is that right? (I ask as I have yet to trigger it despite almost completing all 9 missions... my best shot was when I had 1 ball to get to the mystery mission... only to get alien bowling and have it crash! )

Its number of saucer lights not number of modes

#5876 1 year ago
Quoted from applejuice:

I try my best. Its mainly just a lot of hours and graft!

Its number of saucer lights not number of modes

Good to know... I guess I suck. Lol

#5877 1 year ago

Reseated the prism card, no problems since. Last night I decided to try an update from 1.4 to 1.5. I was able to do this successfully using the fupdate and the computers command prompt.

I did some more research and found mypinballs, version 2.5. I’m trying to use the fupdate program with this code but am having problems.
Can this be done the same way I updated from one 1.4 to 1.5? I just downloaded the fupdate program and the game software and put them together on a flashdrive. With the computer plugged into the revenge from mars, Is there a certain command prompt I should be using to start the process? Thanks for any info!

#5878 1 year ago
Quoted from Nickz4860:

Reseated the prism card, no problems since. Last night I decided to try an update from 1.4 to 1.5. I was able to do this successfully using the fupdate and the computers command prompt.
I did some more research and found mypinballs, version 2.5. I’m trying to use the fupdate program with this code but am having problems.
Can this be done the same way I updated from one 1.4 to 1.5? I just downloaded the fupdate program and the game software and put them together on a flashdrive. With the computer plugged into the revenge from mars, Is there a certain command prompt I should be using to start the process? Thanks for any info!

This is the video that I followed and it worked fine for me. I'm still on 2.24 and need to update to 2.5.

#5879 1 year ago
Quoted from Nickz4860:

You could buy a license for applejuice software installer and monetarily support his efforts

#5880 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

This is the video that I followed and it worked fine for me. I'm still on 2.24 and need to update to 2.5.

Got it, that is the same tutorial I used to do the update from 1.4 to 1.5. I tried to do the same thing with a 2.5 software but would not work.

You could buy a license for applejuice software installer and monetarily support his efforts

I did purchase a license key but I haven’t been able to find the “application key” needed In order to receive the license key. This is what I see with the computer plugged into the RFM. I cannot click on the “connect to game” icon. The 2.5 software is showing up in the “select update version” This is all being done on an apple laptop. Also not sure if it matters, i am using the same USB flash drive that I used for the 1.5 update. I just deleted everything and added the 2.5 code. I tried using the fupdate method, by using the same command prompt as I did with the 1.5 it did not work.

57313039-952B-4AE0-BBDF-33EB1D959B70 (resized).jpeg57313039-952B-4AE0-BBDF-33EB1D959B70 (resized).jpeg
#5881 1 year ago
06CD5F1D-BCED-4C99-A220-F102871BFEF5 (resized).jpeg06CD5F1D-BCED-4C99-A220-F102871BFEF5 (resized).jpeg54680A5A-3440-4C03-9E36-377A25F545B3 (resized).jpeg54680A5A-3440-4C03-9E36-377A25F545B3 (resized).jpeg
#5882 1 year ago

Sorry for the triple post! Was trying to edit and ended up replying to my own post.

#5883 1 year ago
Quoted from Nickz4860:

Sorry for the triple post! Was trying to edit and ended up replying to my own post.

No idea with apple.

applejuice is responsive if you reach out though

#5884 1 year ago

You should have a connection problem.
Check the wires.
I just updated 2 days ago from 2.24 to 2.5
I am using the original soft from Bally, and an old computer with XP.

#5885 1 year ago
Quoted from Nickz4860:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Is fupdate in your \....\system32 ?

#5886 1 year ago
Quoted from GILV:

Green should look great.
Here's a topper I made for mine.
I've got both Pin2000 games for one cabinet:

I've got both Pin2000 games in one cabinet, so I bought these off Ebay and added a background to my already home made topper, made of planet Mars and planet Nabou (planet Mercery) cut out a quarter of each planet and sticked it on a polycarbonate sheet with double sided tape with mylar to cover and protect the planets.
Results:
ebay.com link: itm
IMG_9683 (resized).JPGIMG_9683 (resized).JPGIMG_9687 (resized).JPGIMG_9687 (resized).JPG

#5887 1 year ago
Quoted from Nickz4860:

Got it, that is the same tutorial I used to do the update from 1.4 to 1.5. I tried to do the same thing with a 2.5 software but would not work.

I did purchase a license key but I haven’t been able to find the “application key” needed In order to receive the license key. This is what I see with the computer plugged into the RFM. I cannot click on the “connect to game” icon. The 2.5 software is showing up in the “select update version” This is all being done on an apple laptop. Also not sure if it matters, i am using the same USB flash drive that I used for the 1.5 update. I just deleted everything and added the 2.5 code. I tried using the fupdate method, by using the same command prompt as I did with the 1.5 it did not work.

https://www.mypinballs.com/files/pin2k/pin2k_updater_instructions_summary.pdf gives location of app key

#5888 1 year ago
Quoted from Giulio:

Is fupdate in your \....\system32 ?

I successfully updated to version 2.5 from 1.5. Thank you everyone for the replies! The game is much nicer now

#5889 1 year ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Yes i'd love to do this, and i bought a NOS populated SWEP1 playfield to help me with it, but I don’t have what I need for it, so i cant do alot with it right now
I had alot of ideas to port over all the std stuff like shaker support, knocker support, trough auto launch, 6 ball support, midnight madness, multiball add-a-ball, expanded high score tables, party mode flipper stuff, led lamp improvements/error surpressing etc etc and then start to improve the specific game rules.

I'll be keeping my SWEP1 conversion kit for many years.... plus I want to have the privilage of playing it with the updated code eventually, my very first Pin2000 game was SWEP1 and I love game play, so this should be awsome. Thanks ahead of time.
I'm patient.....

#5890 1 year ago

applejuice ...
Any chance of seeing NTP client options in a future update? You know; to keep the date/time synced up.

I'd also like to see a "web server" which would display the high score table(s) via a post/get command. No; not scorbit... but something free but in a similar vein.

#5891 1 year ago
Quoted from GILV:

I'll be keeping my SWEP1 conversion kit for many years.... plus I want to have the privilage of playing it with the updated code eventually, my very first Pin2000 game was SWEP1 and I love game play, so this should be awsome. Thanks ahead of time.
I'm patient.....

I need the game source first..

#5892 1 year ago
Quoted from Zitt:

applejuice ...
Any chance of seeing NTP client options in a future update? You know; to keep the date/time synced up.
I'd also like to see a "web server" which would display the high score table(s) via a post/get command. No; not scorbit... but something free but in a similar vein.

Scorebit is the way here and is being worked on. I recently got one of my other games hooked up to the platform without the need for additional hardware so all web services. If you recall I did run a web based tournament server with high score list access previously (2008 ish) so scorebit integration will build upon this legacy

#5893 1 year ago
Quoted from applejuice:

I need the game source first..

No problem, when you do have the game source, I'll be ready.....
Thank you for everthing you've done for the Pin2000 platform.

#5894 1 year ago

Parts - For Sale
NOS (New Old Stock) - “Revenge from mars container kit. I opened the box, it’s been sealed in heated storage since 1999. I opened this just to take pictures and put everything back. Everything containe...”
2023-03-19
Norwood, MA
Archived after: 7 days
Viewed: 445 times

In case anyone is interested

#5895 1 year ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Scorebit is the way here and is being worked on. I recently got one of my other games hooked up to the platform without the need for additional hardware so all web services. If you recall I did run a web based tournament server with high score list access previously (2008 ish) so scorebit integration will build upon this legacy

I'm not paying their fees for a service I'd rarely use. I suspect that is one of the reasons JJP dropped support for them moving forward. hence the term; scorebit-like.
But it's your project; I'm sure someone will use it.

#5896 1 year ago

I recently did an LCD conversion. I used a video sync combiner kit. Everything worked out great. The only thing I’m noticing are some vertical lines on the screen. I checked all of the connections and still no change. I used a different monitor and the vertical lines also showed. It seems more noticeable in the “whites”. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this? Thanks

F54C3BD9-A178-4CEE-A020-A4D9EFF6C951 (resized).pngF54C3BD9-A178-4CEE-A020-A4D9EFF6C951 (resized).png
#5897 1 year ago

I'm having a weird issue:
Every time the center ramp is in the up position, the stroke of luck scoop continually fires.
Any ideas of what to look at?

#5898 1 year ago

#5899 1 year ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

I'm having a weird issue:
Every time the center ramp is in the up position, the stroke of luck scoop continually fires.
Any ideas of what to look at?

Check if the wire colors are the same colors on both coils, if so, search for a bad diode on one of the 2 coils.
That's what I would do first.

#5900 1 year ago
Quoted from Nickz4860:

I recently did an LCD conversion. I used a video sync combiner kit. Everything worked out great. The only thing I’m noticing are some vertical lines on the screen. I checked all of the connections and still no change. I used a different monitor and the vertical lines also showed. It seems more noticeable in the “whites”. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this? Thanks
[quoted image]

Ended up buying a new GBS8200 converter and that fixed the vertical line problem. Does anyone have any tips for setting the best picture/color setting? I have the contrast turned up almost all the way with the brightness less than half way. Are there any other adjustments that could help with the 3D effect?

9F65EA5B-661A-485F-AD86-83DDE588D426 (resized).jpeg9F65EA5B-661A-485F-AD86-83DDE588D426 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

There are 6,716 posts in this topic. You are on page 118 of 135.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-hillary-come-here-you-gotta-see-this/page/118?hl=canuck_pinhead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.