IMG_2811 (resized).JPG
IMG_2809 (resized).JPG
IMG_2810 (resized).JPG
IMG_2808 (resized).JPG
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 14.04.07 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 10.36.47 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 10.21.09 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 6,720 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 135.
#5401 1 year ago
Quoted from gibsonrd:

Hello fellow RFM fans! I believe I have a dead powers supply in the original computer. Can anyone help this noob find the correct replacement? Is there a simple drop in solution? Thanks in advance!!!

Athena Power AP-AT30 300W AT Power Supply 6Pin P8 6pin P9 Connector https://a.co/d/df6dAOn

#5402 1 year ago

Anyone replaced the red T-mold on the head?

Mine is looking pretty faded. Trying to decide if I want to keep it red.

Anyone changed it up? Black, Chrome? Red metallic?

#5403 1 year ago
Quoted from Canuck_pinhead:

Yes, mine is Martian green. Use the green from galaga cabinets

#5404 1 year ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Yes, mine is Martian green. Use the green from galaga cabinets

Was thinking green as well... do you have a pic?

#5405 1 year ago

Was thinking green as well... do you have a pic?

Here is an old pic of my lineup a few years back. (tube is turned off on purpose)

rfm lineup - 1 (resized).jpegrfm lineup - 1 (resized).jpeg

#5406 1 year ago

Working on some new features for v2.25

DOUBLE SCORING

#5407 1 year ago

I changed to black and I like it a lot...green looks also rad.

#5408 1 year ago

Green looks great!
For the pennies it costs I may try it and go from there.
Thanks!

Also like the matching legs!

#5409 1 year ago

Green looks great!
For the pennies it costs I may try it and go from there.
Thanks!
Also like the matching legs!

Yes, i got the power coater to match it to the T moulding colour

It is this t-moulding - https://www.t-molding.com/3-4in-bright-green-t-molding.html

#5410 1 year ago
Quoted from applejuice:

DOUBLE SCORING

Now we REALLY gotta save the interns!!!

#5411 1 year ago

Would anyone know where the flasher above the kick out scoop is tied into the driver board ?

#5412 1 year ago
Quoted from Jeff1960:

Would anyone know where the flasher above the kick out scoop is tied into the driver board ?

See appendix b on my shaker install instructions here

https://www.mypinballs.com/files/rfm-shaker-instructions_v11.pdf

Item 22 in the list

#5413 1 year ago

I found an old computer with a null modem connector but the guy who is selling it to me says that it is strongly advised to not go on the web with Window's XP and that I should download the 2.24 files on a USB key from my modern computer then transfer them on the old computer and then do the update from there.
Has anyone tried doing this?
Can it work this way too?
Let me know.
Thanks.

#5414 1 year ago
Quoted from GILV:

I found an old computer with a null modem connector but the guy who is selling it to me says that it is strongly advised to not go on the web with Window's XP and that I should download the 2.24 files on a USB key from my modern computer then transfer them on the old computer and then do the update from there.
Let me know.
Thanks.

Or you could use my modern updater software directly on your modern windows 10 computer and forget the old machine

#5415 1 year ago
Quoted from GILV:

Let me know.
Thanks.

Yes, this is exactly what I do. I have an old XP laptop with a physical COM port. No need to go online... just drop the update file on there via thumb drive.

#5416 1 year ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Or you could use my modern updater software directly on your modern windows 10 computer and forget the old machine

Please be patient with me, I'm a dumby on a computer.
If I download on my Windows 10 , how will I transfer the files on the RFM afterwards if I don't have a Null Modem connector on my computer?

#5417 1 year ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

Yes, this is exactly what I do. I have an old XP laptop with a physical COM port. No need to go online... just drop the update file on there via thumb drive.

What's "thumb Drive" ?

#5418 1 year ago

v

#5419 1 year ago
Quoted from dashv:

Now we REALLY gotta save the interns!!!

But take the Blue Dress

71CE40F7-8FFD-4004-A0EC-DDB545B5E8C4 (resized).jpeg71CE40F7-8FFD-4004-A0EC-DDB545B5E8C4 (resized).jpeg
#5420 1 year ago
Quoted from GILV:

Please be patient with me, I'm a dumby on a computer.
If I download on my Windows 10 , how will I transfer the files on the RFM afterwards if I don't have a Null Modem connector on my computer?

There are USB to Null modem cables you can get.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0769FY7R7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00

#5421 1 year ago
Quoted from GILV:

What's "thumb Drive" ?

Thumb drive is a USB Memory stick.

#5422 1 year ago

Thank you Canuck_pinhead, now everthing seems much easiler.....
Can I get full detailed instructions on the process somewhere?

#5423 1 year ago
Quoted from GILV:

Thank you Canuck_pinhead, now everthing seems much easiler.....
Can I get full detailed instructions on the process somewhere?

nevermind this question, I found the answer.
https://mypinballs.com/software/pinball2000/software_updater.jsp

#5424 1 year ago

What a difference leds make in this game. For me it feels the way it should have been.
Everything just pops now and I can play in the dark.

#5425 1 year ago

So Applejuice are you saying I can set up pinbox on any pc now?

#5426 1 year ago

There are USB to Null modem cables you can get.
amazon.com link »

Be careful with the ones off Amazon if you're using a Mac. I got one for my Mac and now that Apple has updated the OS, there are no drivers for it. Now I either have to buy another license from Applejuice for a Windows machine or another cable.

#5427 1 year ago
Quoted from applejuice:

DOUBLE SCORING

Looking forward to it
Thanks!

#5428 1 year ago
Quoted from TheClownpuncher:

Be careful with the ones off Amazon if you're using a Mac. I got one for my Mac and now that Apple has updated the OS, there are no drivers for it. Now I either have to buy another license from Applejuice for a Windows machine or another cable.

Just use a decent cable. Prolific chipset v3 or buy one of our lead sets.

Cheap cables will bite you

#5429 1 year ago

About to rebuild my skip ramp.

Saw folks mention adding a spring in. Anyone have a recommended spring size?

#5430 1 year ago

About to rebuild my skip ramp.
Saw folks mention adding a spring in. Anyone have a recommended spring size?

Cleaning and a new sleeve is all mine needed. File any burrs off the plunger.

#5431 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Cleaning and a new sleeve is all mine needed. File any burrs off the plunger.

Ya. Got a new sleeve, new plunger and new skip ramp.

I can see how a spring would help it snap back though.

#5432 1 year ago

A little help please. I downloaded and updated from v1.0 to v2.24, utilizing fupdate. The install went extremely easy, and reported "***Flash Update Complete***", "No Errors". However, when I perform the Checksum ROMs under Diagnostics, it shows "Masked ROMs (U100, U101) Checksum BAD". All of the fuses are good, has a new motherboard battery, and I reseated the Prism Card. I redownloaded v2.24 and updated again to the same result. Of note, the game does play.

Is their anything to check, outside of pulling the Prism card and checking all of the connections?

#5433 1 year ago
Quoted from Leaftail:

A little help please. I downloaded and updated from v1.0 to v2.24, utilizing fupdate. The install went extremely easy, and reported "***Flash Update Complete***", "No Errors". However, when I perform the Checksum ROMs under Diagnostics, it shows "Masked ROMs (U100, U101) Checksum BAD". All of the fuses are good, has a new motherboard battery, and I reseated the Prism Card. I redownloaded v2.24 and updated again to the same result. Of note, the game does play.
Is their anything to check, outside of pulling the Prism card and checking all of the connections?

Have you changed the battery in the Prism Card?
You can get a Checksum error if a couple files didn't write correct. You might not see it till it needs to address those in game play.
Also if it were mine I would start over and update to 1.5. That is a factory Williams update then update to 2.24 and see what happens.

#5434 1 year ago

Thank you for the quick reply. I do have a Prism card battery on order, as I could not find one locally. I should have it by this time next week. I will certainly try v1.5 with the new battery. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks

#5435 1 year ago
Quoted from Leaftail:

Game Roms ( which are reporting the checksum problem) aren’t used when your game is running from the flash update. They are only there as a backup in case the flash update fails.

Do you know what version is on the roms themselves? If it’s a very early version then they may explain the checksum issue

#5436 1 year ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Game Roms ( which are reporting the checksum problem) aren’t used when your game is running from the flash update. They are only there as a backup in case the flash update fails.
Do you know what version is on the roms themselves? If it’s a very early version then they may explain the checksum issue

Hello Guys,
we are many to have the same issue.
See higher in the Post sheet 105.
But this is not disturbing the game.

Another question :
I have the 6 balls kit from you applejuice
all the multiball modes, martian attack, multiball and bonus wave, they all end when I still have 2 balls on the playfield.
I can still play with the 2 balls, 1 ball if I loose 1 of the 2, even when the next mission starts in case of bonus wave.

Normal issue?

#5437 1 year ago
Quoted from Matt08:

Hello Guys,
we are many to have the same issue.
See higher in the Post sheet 105.
But this is not disturbing the game.
Another question :
I have the 6 balls kit from you applejuice
all the multiball modes, martian attack, multiball and bonus wave, they all end when I still have 2 balls on the playfield.
I can still play with the 2 balls, 1 ball if I loose 1 of the 2, even when the next mission starts in case of bonus wave.
Normal issue?

Rom checksums can be caused by a few things but if you use your flash update it doesn’t really matter.

No, something must be wrong with your trough

#5438 1 year ago

V2.25 dev progress . Working double scoring (now experimenting with text colours and layout)

E90C0B7C-5B6C-4622-8F36-0724E76ABC04 (resized).jpegE90C0B7C-5B6C-4622-8F36-0724E76ABC04 (resized).jpeg013CADA3-C79F-45FA-A301-7D481E012CBD (resized).jpeg013CADA3-C79F-45FA-A301-7D481E012CBD (resized).jpeg

10201DCC-23DF-4EEA-B810-171598C9786C (resized).jpeg10201DCC-23DF-4EEA-B810-171598C9786C (resized).jpeg

Also improving family mode settings after all the other speech update changes and adding more new sol awards

#5439 1 year ago
Quoted from applejuice:

V2.25 dev progress . Working double scoring (now experimenting with text colours and layout)
[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]
Also improving family mode settings after all the other speech update changes and adding more new sol awards

Good to see you are working on 2.25
Thank you so much for what you are doing as it really a must have for this pinball !

#5440 1 year ago

When I code the rules for how you get double scoring it should add some interesting strategies for playing it to . Adding more items to collect from intelligent mystery awards shooting and also missile collecting can give other strategies for bigger scores

#5441 1 year ago

Does anyone have any insight to the original plan for the Drain-O-Beam? I have seen the proto board pictures with the overlays, and see that applejuice has already added the speech to the outlane speech selection.

#5442 1 year ago

Anther thing I'm looking at for v2.25 is better family mode speech integration. For all those with young kids who want to enjoy the game, some modes never had a family mode inclusion like alien abduction and some other speech adding from recent updates could do with a few tweaks for this to

#5443 1 year ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Rom checksums can be caused by a few things but if you use your flash update it doesn’t really matter.
No, something must be wrong with your trough

Hello Applejuice,
I have unplugged all cables, your additional board, checked all the wirings in the plugs, plugged again.
And now it is working fine

#5444 1 year ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Anther thing I'm looking at for v2.25 is better family mode speech integration. For all those with young kids who want to enjoy the game, some modes never had a family mode inclusion like alien abduction and some other speech adding from recent updates could do with a few tweaks for this to

In addition to the family mode, how about a "very rude" mode?

#5445 1 year ago
Quoted from Snux:

Yes, great idea, only for adults

#5446 1 year ago
Quoted from Snux:

The original set of speech had some unused rude-ish/inuendo phrases in it so i already added everything i could find in earlier releases.
so standard = rude. There is no way to add new speech phrases in currently, and i already perform daily miracles to get all these new features to fit in the existing 4mb update flash. Any space i do have i keep for game rule additions.

#5447 1 year ago

Hi there,
Does anyone one have a suggestion as where to look for a sluggish left flipper?
It does function but feels off.

Thanks Jeff

#5448 1 year ago
Quoted from Jeff1960:

Hi there,
Does anyone one have a suggestion as where to look for a sluggish left flipper?
It does function but feels off.
Thanks Jeff

I had the same problem, my flippers were sluggish as well when I bought the game and I fixed the problem by reseating a few times the connectors inside the cabinet beside the coin door, at your left when you open the coin door, they are very small connectors. Flippers were very strong afterwards and still are many months after.
I can send you a picture of the exact location of the board tomorrow if you want.

#5449 1 year ago

Thank you,
I will try that but I may have more of a problem.
The flipper has no holding power.

#5450 1 year ago

Has anyone found a good replacement for the blackstrip on the front of the ball catch? I'm thinking about gaff tape, as it is flat black and won't cause a glare. Glare is the one downside of adding a video amplifier.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,720 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 135.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-hillary-come-here-you-gotta-see-this/page/109?hl=dashv and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.