IMG_2811 (resized).JPG
IMG_2809 (resized).JPG
IMG_2810 (resized).JPG
IMG_2808 (resized).JPG
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 14.04.07 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 10.36.47 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 10.21.09 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 6,714 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 135.
#5051 2 years ago

Gutted and upset to hear about lyman . He was a true inspiration to me and is one of the main reasons why I started coding pinball games and IS the benchmark to compare to

To work on updates for rfm and other games means even more to me now especially when you see how he wrote stuff. Legend, will never be forgotten ❤️❤️

#5052 2 years ago

Does anyone know if it’s possible to put a dollar bill validator on a RFM or SWE1? If so, which models are known to work?

#5053 2 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Gutted and upset to hear about lyman . He was a true inspiration to me and is one of the main reasons why I started coding pinball games and IS the benchmark to compare to
To work on updates for rfm and other games means even more to me now especially when you see how he wrote stuff. Legend, will never be forgotten ❤️❤️

Is it possible to add a dedication in the attract with a RIP? That would be cool.

#5054 2 years ago
Quoted from OutlawTorn304:

Does anyone know if it’s possible to put a dollar bill validator on a RFM or SWE1? If so, which models are known to work?

Definitely is possible. Mine came with one and I just pulled it the other day and put in a coin door plate I got from pinball life. I believe it is a Mars. I can check model number later.

#5055 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Definitely is possible. Mine came with one and I just pulled it the other day and put in a coin door plate I got from pinball life. I believe it is a Mars. I can check model number later.

Awesome. Thanks.

#5056 2 years ago

Having a lighting issue with my RFM. It blows F111 fuse as soon as it’s powered up. F111 handles Lamp Matrix A. Any idea of what could be bad or what should test to diag this issue?

#5057 2 years ago

What does all of this mean? I’m assuming the self diag is seeing switch and lamp problems?

05699432-7CA7-46D2-A40A-349C05110778 (resized).jpeg05699432-7CA7-46D2-A40A-349C05110778 (resized).jpegAC11BC3C-C2BF-4C65-A370-A9D91572EAD0 (resized).jpegAC11BC3C-C2BF-4C65-A370-A9D91572EAD0 (resized).jpeg
#5058 2 years ago

What does all of this mean? I’m assuming the self diag is seeing switch and lamp problems?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Exactly...seems some lamps are out and some switches not registering

#5059 2 years ago

Here's the one I removed. It's Mars brand.

20220126_193641 (resized).jpg20220126_193641 (resized).jpg

#5060 2 years ago

Want to sell this stuff. Is this a daughter board and then eproms? Also what is it worth? I have no idea what to sell it at.

3E775F0B-1109-4B8A-97D9-93CA2E892C52 (resized).jpeg3E775F0B-1109-4B8A-97D9-93CA2E892C52 (resized).jpeg45EDAFAB-865F-4190-8FBD-A3E8960A9AB4 (resized).jpeg45EDAFAB-865F-4190-8FBD-A3E8960A9AB4 (resized).jpegCD980566-EF14-4CFD-BDD7-52E820B2C0F8_1_201_a (resized).jpegCD980566-EF14-4CFD-BDD7-52E820B2C0F8_1_201_a (resized).jpeg
#5061 2 years ago

Another supplemental update for v2.24 coming shortly.

Screenshot 2022-01-29 at 18.15.09 (resized).pngScreenshot 2022-01-29 at 18.15.09 (resized).png

#5062 2 years ago

I'm looking for power driver board if anyone has one they want to sell. PM me.

#5063 2 years ago

I have a busted target. I think this is the replacement for it if anyone could confirm?
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-18019-11

Also I noticed that the left red target on my machine is different than the others. From looking at the gallery images, this is intentional? I noticed that there is a little loose black bracket that also scrapes it and wondered if anyone else had that issue as well.

PXL_20220130_184116038.jpgPXL_20220130_184116038.jpg
#5064 2 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Another supplemental update for v2.24 coming shortly.
[quoted image]

Fitting tribute.

#5065 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

I have a busted target. I think this is the replacement for it if anyone could confirm?
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-18019-11
Also I noticed that the left red target on my machine is different than the others. From looking at the gallery images, this is intentional? I noticed that there is a little loose black bracket that also scrapes it and wondered if anyone else had that issue as well. [quoted image]

That is the correct part for the green target and all your red targets are correct as well.
If you want to replace the larger square red one this is the part. https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-20846-4
As for the part rubbing on it I would have to open mine up and I am not at home at the moment but I know mine does not rub on the target at all.

#5066 2 years ago
Quoted from Lithonion:

That is the correct part for the green target and all your red targets are correct as well.
If you want to replace the larger square red one this is the part. https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-20846-4
As for the part rubbing on it I would have to open mine up and I am not at home at the moment but I know mine does not rub on the target at all.

Thank you very much for the confirmation. I was thinking I probably don't want to replace the big red one since it's probably preventing a ball trap.

#5067 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Thank you very much for the confirmation. I was thinking I probably don't want to replace the big red one since it's probably preventing a ball trap.

It's broken. It's also leaning and could have lost structural integrity. I would want to replace it.

#5068 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

It's broken. It's also leaning and could have lost structural integrity. I would want to replace it.

Ah, okay I didn't realize it was broken. I'll definitely get replacements for both parts. Thanks for the advice!

#5069 2 years ago

Is the knocker volume adjustable? Even with the volume turned down the knocker is a bit obnoxious. Putting mine on location in a restaurant and don’t want the owner bitching that the game is barking to loudly.

#5070 2 years ago

Is the knocker volume adjustable? Even with the volume turned down the knocker is a bit obnoxious. Putting mine on location in a restaurant and don’t want the owner bitching that the game is barking to loudly.

No afaik it is not
You can deactivate it in the settings or install a real one with the later software revisions

#5071 2 years ago

Hey- lovely Lyman tribute.

However -- every RFM version I tried since the shaker is supported, I get a hard reset before I can finish a game, it is that bad.

Never happened to me on any 1.x software, not 1.5 nor 1.8 (enough memory in the PC).

% Fatal Errors
------------

Game #50070 : Revenge From Mars
Game Version : 2.24 - Sun Dec 19 18:43:00 2021
XINA Version : 1.36 - Sun Oct 30 17:16:00 2021

Current Time : Thursday, 3 February 2022, 7:25:10 pm
*** Fatal: 11 Jan 2022 22:11:10
*** Fatal: Last[XPid 1 APid -1 (grimreaper)] Current[XPid 50 APid 142 (Switch_42)]
*** Fatal: Leff Manager(RT): Error creating leff Run() process

*** Fatal: 3 Feb 2022 19:15:27
*** Fatal: Last[XPid 129 APid 0 (exec)] Current[XPid 66 APid 143 (Switch_43)]
*** Fatal: Deff Manager(SU): Error creating deff Run() process

The last crash was in mothership multiball -- I cannot quite remember where the other one occured.
I think it is quite usual to happen in multiball though.

Is there anything I can do to provide better output?
I would really love a fix, else I would have to trash the shaker and knocker...

talking of which. The 2.24 knocks *twice* for the first two extra balls, but it did knock only once when I got the third one (not a points price this time).

Cheers + Thanks for reading,
--Enver

#5072 2 years ago

Having a lighting issue with my RFM. It blows F111 fuse as soon as it’s powered up. F111 handles Lamp Matrix A. Any idea of what could be bad or what should test to diag this issue?

If I remember correctly, what fails here usually is a bridge rectifier made out of four discrete diodes 4x P601.

#5073 2 years ago
Quoted from Enver:

If I remember correctly, what fails here usually is a bridge rectifier made out of four discrete diodes 4x P601.

That’s exactly what it was. 2 dead diodes in the circuit.

#5074 2 years ago
Quoted from Enver:

Hey- lovely Lyman tribute.
However -- every RFM version I tried since the shaker is supported, I get a hard reset before I can finish a game, it is that bad.
Never happened to me on any 1.x software, not 1.5 nor 1.8 (enough memory in the PC).
% Fatal Errors
------------
Game #50070 : Revenge From Mars
Game Version : 2.24 - Sun Dec 19 18:43:00 2021
XINA Version : 1.36 - Sun Oct 30 17:16:00 2021
Current Time : Thursday, 3 February 2022, 7:25:10 pm
*** Fatal: 11 Jan 2022 22:11:10
*** Fatal: Last[XPid 1 APid -1 (grimreaper)] Current[XPid 50 APid 142 (Switch_42)]
*** Fatal: Leff Manager(RT): Error creating leff Run() process
The last crash was in mothership multiball -- I cannot quite remember where the other one occured.
I think it is quite usual to happen in multiball though.
Is there anything I can do to provide better output?
I would really love a fix, else I would have to trash the shaker and knocker...
talking of which. The 2.24 knocks *twice* for the first two extra balls, but it did knock only once when I got the third one (not a points price this time).
Cheers + Thanks for reading,
--Enver

Sounds like you didn’t install protection diodes on the shaker and knocker hardware. A hard reset would be spotted pretty damn quick otherwise in the development of these updates.

Regarding the double knock just update the software to the newer v2.24 as mentioned above

#5075 2 years ago
044BF5BA-BC44-46DA-80D4-E5C8B48FF8BE.jpeg044BF5BA-BC44-46DA-80D4-E5C8B48FF8BE.jpeg
#5076 2 years ago

Hi,
I would like to add an extra spotlight on the right side of the playfield ( the same that on the left side).
Do you know where tout get power for this lamp ?
Cause I think there are no GI lamps, only controlled lamps.....
Thx

#5077 2 years ago

Just got my art blades...
Any install tips... they look Awesome

#5078 2 years ago
Quoted from Canuck_pinhead:

Just got my art blades...
Any install tips... they look Awesome

I did art blades on Metallica and it sucked with the playfield in place. On RFM I’d pull the playfield out and get it all lined up and do one half of each blade at a time.

#5079 2 years ago

applejuice

I'm playing the latest code and this game is so much better than before with the new modes. I love the midnight madness multi. Fantastic job man! It was well worth the hassle of updating.

I also have your saucer kit, 6 ball multi, shaker and knocker and the level of interaction is certainly much improved. Almost too improved lol! My shaker will knock your fillings loose!

Is there any way I could somehow weaken the motor or perhaps would you consider coding an adjustment? I am using the standard sam rev b if that is useful info. I'd love to just take it down a notch to be more in line with my other games. I'm not sure if there is some kind of adjustment I can wire in? Any help would be great!

Thanks again for all the effort you put into this project!

#5080 2 years ago

Just joined the club with one of the most fun pinballs.
Damn I’m glad the Pin2k are grossly underrated.
82780451-FC58-4314-AA9F-100294D903B2 (resized).jpeg82780451-FC58-4314-AA9F-100294D903B2 (resized).jpeg

#5081 2 years ago

Are these the cables needed for updates?

Just got it and doing some upgrades.

Screenshot_20220206-170524_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220206-170524_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
#5082 2 years ago
Quoted from Canuck_pinhead:

Are these the cables needed for updates?
Just got it and doing some upgrades.
[quoted image]

If your computer was made in the last 15 years, you may need a USB->serial cable. I also needed a M/F converter so the cable connected to the game's port inside the coin door.

#5083 2 years ago
Quoted from themotherbrain:

applejuice
I'm playing the latest code and this game is so much better than before with the new modes. I love the midnight madness multi. Fantastic job man! It was well worth the hassle of updating.
I also have your saucer kit, 6 ball multi, shaker and knocker and the level of interaction is certainly much improved. Almost too improved lol! My shaker will knock your fillings loose!
Is there any way I could somehow weaken the motor or perhaps would you consider coding an adjustment? I am using the standard sam rev b if that is useful info. I'd love to just take it down a notch to be more in line with my other games. I'm not sure if there is some kind of adjustment I can wire in? Any help would be great!
Thanks again for all the effort you put into this project!

the shaker interaction should be just like any other game really. My game shakes about the same intensity as most others games. There are longer and shorter shakes built into the game on purpose for best choreography.

There are a few ways to lower the voltage on a shaker input, which might help, but not really recommended. I would check that the voltage input into the shaker is around 12v first

#5084 2 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Sounds like you didn’t install protection diodes on the shaker and knocker hardware. A hard reset would be spotted pretty damn quick otherwise in the development of these updates.
Regarding the double knock just update the software to the newer v2.24 as mentioned above

Honest?

Are you saying this is the kind of error you'd get when there's no protection diode? To me it looks more like resource exhaustion, but this is not to say you're wrong, only I'd like to understand what's going on. The reset also never happens early in the game, so that's another pointer.

I did mount the diode on the knocker (but I don't think it was about to go off anyway when the last reset occurred).
I have the Stern SAM shaker, and I am using the original Stern control board. Will check whether this diode is on the board already or if I am really missing one over the next few days.

'newer 2.24'?
Will have a read -- so there are two or more 2.24 then, okay... did not expect that, as the installed one is 2.24.

Cheers+Thanks,
--Enver

#5085 2 years ago

That’s exactly what it was. 2 dead diodes in the circuit.

Thanks for the feedback! Glad it worked out!

#5086 2 years ago
Quoted from Enver:

Honest?
Are you saying this is the kind of error you'd get when there's no protection diode? To me it looks more like resource exhaustion, but this is not to say you're wrong, only I'd like to understand what's going on. The reset also never happens early in the game, so that's another pointer.
I did mount the diode on the knocker (but I don't think it was about to go off anyway when the last reset occurred).
I have the Stern SAM shaker, and I am using the original Stern control board. Will check whether this diode is on the board already or if I am really missing one over the next few days.
'newer 2.24'?
Will have a read -- so there are two or more 2.24 then, okay... did not expect that, as the installed one is 2.24.
Cheers+Thanks,
--Enver

It was just a suggestion as some people had strange issues when they didnt put diodes in. If you are using a stern driver board then its probably fine. I thought from reading your message you were saying it was crashing every time the shaker went off, so you were going to remove it. If its not that and at a specific repeatable point in the game, like very far into it then i can have a look, but i would have expected to get more reports of this, as hundreds of people run the updates so its unusual for anything like a hard crash not to be spotted pretty quick, plus i extensively test everything on my own game to. I'm only human though

Regarding the update for v2.24 i just though it was easy to make a new v2.24 for this very very minor single fix, as every update has new date stamp, see below. Again i'm only human and something slipped through on the eb graphics change. The amount of messages about this, reinforces what i said above again. Again i'm sorry for the bug!! There's going to be another 2.24 update maybe today to add the lyman screen in to.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-hillary-come-here-you-gotta-see-this/page/101#post-6712179

#5087 2 years ago

East troubles are fun to fix.
PC wouldn’t boot, suspected the power supply had given up during transport.
But it was only the on/off button that had jumped out to off position.

But damn this game is in great shape. The television is A LOT sharper and more colors than my fathers RFM I’ve played for 10+ years. But also playfield has zero wear.
Does anybody know if the games played can be erased? It said 1275 games played and honestly I wouldn’t even doubt it looking at the fabulous playfield.

Though two adjustments needs to be made.
The ball sometimes jumps out of the catcher-thingy (don’t know the name) after making the jump up at the end of a game mode.
And the ball sometimes seems to catch on to something when plunging it up, so it doesn’t always reach the bumpers as it should.

Either way, kid approves!
CB64A4B9-780F-4D09-A89F-74D9AF126748 (resized).jpegCB64A4B9-780F-4D09-A89F-74D9AF126748 (resized).jpeg

#5088 2 years ago

The supplemental update to include the LYMAN tribute screen is now uploaded to https://mypinballs.com

The update date stamp is 29/01/2022, so if you have an earlier version of 2.24 reupdate to get the new screen

#5089 2 years ago

Thanks for all your work improving this Pin

#5090 2 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

If its not that and at a specific repeatable point in the game, like very far into it then i can have a look, but i would have expected to get more reports of this, as hundreds of people run the updates so its unusual for anything like a hard crash not to be spotted pretty quick, plus i extensively test everything on my own game to. I'm only human though

Others told me they never had a problem like I do, agreed. I switched RAM for testing, to no avail. I have another Pinball 2000 machine remaining, so I can switch computers with an SWE1 in case the mainboard variant plays a role, or maybe CPU speed or something like that.

I will also double-check that the crash times logged indeed reflect the hard crash.

I tried connecting to the machine via 'nc' on port 23, and I realised that the command 'reslist' works only a few times: when I start a game and choose some mode, then keep the ball in the shooter lane, after a few runs of 'reslist' the system reboots. Having said that, I sold my other Pinball2000 kit so I cannot easily check if this misbehaviour was already present with RFM1.5 (and there the TCP high-ports bug would even have to be mitigated).

It seems the mothership multiball is a good candidate for when the machine crashes, but I am not sure if I can start this from the terminal.

Interestingly, I just issued "attack_mars start" and after a few seconds without play, the machine crashed and rebooted.

Which opens up another theory: maybe most (testing) people don't have a network card in the machine, and/or have networking disabled?

If you'd find the time to have a look, I suggest we take the debugging 'off line', that is, into personal messages or such to reduce public clutter.

Cheers,
Enver

#5091 2 years ago

Hopefully someone can help me out here.

I pulled the pf out to put on art blades (which look awesome).

After I plugged the pf back in it now keeps firing balls into the shooter lane non stop.

Any idea what I've done?

#5092 2 years ago

Disregard.... one plug was ever so loose

#5093 2 years ago

Well shit… My CRT just bit the dust. Flyback is arcing like crazy. Just ordered a new flat panel. I was planning on it anyway but was hoping it would last longer than a week lol.

#5094 2 years ago

Well shit… My CRT just bit the dust. Flyback is arcing like crazy. Just ordered a new flat panel. I was planning on it anyway but was hoping it would last longer than a week lol.

Is repairing the monitor out of the question for you?

#5095 2 years ago
Quoted from Zee:

Is repairing the monitor out of the question for you?

It’s not but the game is on location and I need it to run. I’m not going to trash the monitor but it’s not getting fixed immediately

#5096 2 years ago
Quoted from Enver:

Others told me they never had a problem like I do, agreed.

applejuice Upgraded to 2.24 of 29th January 2022. I turned off the Network connectivity in my original computer and could play without any reset, attacked Mars in the first game (default 2.24 ball savers). Probably this is what most people have.

WITH Network (IP 192.168.1.99, Netmask 255.255.255.0, Gateway 192.168.1.1, DNS 192.168.1.1) though after a few modes I had the usual hard reset.

Hope this helps fixing the beast. Thanks a bunch!

Cheers,
--Enver

#5097 2 years ago

Found my monitor issue. No wonder it was putting on a light show, flyback cracked all to hell. Green circles are cracks. Red circle shows a constant stream of electricity was jumping to the metal plate.

A8FD3B48-61AD-4357-97BC-B2B9E90278A9 (resized).jpegA8FD3B48-61AD-4357-97BC-B2B9E90278A9 (resized).jpeg

#5098 2 years ago

Found my monitor issue. No wonder it was putting on a light show, flyback cracked all to hell. Green circles are cracks. Red circle shows a constant stream of electricity was jumping to the metal plate.
[quoted image]

Just replaced one with a similar issue in one of my other games, actually replaced three flybacks within a two week period. One cracked "bedazzled" like yours, other went completely nuclear and took out the HOT/fuse/and something else, and one that just wouldn't hold focus. Easy work.

#5099 2 years ago

LCD turned out great IMHO. I had to play with the brightness and contrast but I got the black looking pretty good. You can see the difference in these two pictures. Martian and Abe are before adjustment. Cow and Duck are after I played with it some.

0BF4525C-BB1B-4D4B-A428-29F555389039 (resized).jpeg0BF4525C-BB1B-4D4B-A428-29F555389039 (resized).jpegAF04E1AD-88ED-48F6-87ED-CD383EC07947 (resized).jpegAF04E1AD-88ED-48F6-87ED-CD383EC07947 (resized).jpeg
#5100 2 years ago

LCD turned out great IMHO. I had to play with the brightness and contrast but I got the black looking pretty good. You can see the difference in these two pictures. Martian and Abe are before adjustment. Cow and Duck are after I played with it some.

I have to be honest with you... both of those look like crap. And the alignment is poor.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 85.00
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

There are 6,714 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 135.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-hillary-come-here-you-gotta-see-this/page/102 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.