1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by CadillacMusic
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CadillacMusic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 1 year ago

Got an RFM that had a new motherboard put in about a year ago. It routinely refuses to fully boot. It gets stuck at "updating game code", and just...sits there. Game plays fine when it finally does boot. Sometimes it seems reseating all the cards helps for a few games, but it could be an illusion. This computer has done it in two different machines. What causes the freeze?

#4 1 year ago

It's supposedly a brand new motherboard, so it shouldn't be the caps. They look fine, but I know looks can be deceiving. Now power supply, I can believe. We have dozens of ATX supplies lying around, so that's worth a test. Thanks for the pic, though.

#6 1 year ago

We have every type of power supply under the sun except that one. Waiting for it to come in. I know I could steal one from a megatouch, but I want a brand new one to rule out any issues.

#9 1 year ago

Contact goo! Well, if the power supply doesn't work, that's the next step. I haven't had any issues with the graphics or resets, though. Just the booting.

#10 1 year ago

Update: Power supply has cables that are too short to reach the motherboard. I had to mount the damn thing upside-down with velcro. Was the only way I could think of securing it without drilling holes in the case. Anyways, game booted up fine, so now it's just a test of time.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Trade
Sale Pending!
Annapolis, MD
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Boards
PCB Emporium
$ 40.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CadillacMusic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside