Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by doctor_pinball
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

After a long and frustrating time troubleshooting, I finally got my RFM (purchased as a project) working. Its amazing the ingenuity some ppl take to do something wrong. A keyed connector *can* be connecting wrong if you turn it around and then connect it offset (half connected). Some mothers have 'em. But I got a good deal on it cus it was dead and the fix was easy, so I can't complain much.

Now that its alive, I'm looking into the monitor issues

One issue I have is that the image is faint and colors muted. I can crank up the brightness and tweak the contrast, but it simply distorts the picture too much. I'm assuming a video amp would be called for in this case, but wanted to confirm.

The other issue I have is the convergence is way off. I haven't looked yet to see if anyone has fiddled with the neck rings. Will a video amp help in this regard at all?

#2 5 years ago

Test the tube on a rejuvenator first to see if the tube is weak. If the tube tests ok then recap the monitor.

#3 5 years ago

samsung CRT s are so weak need a pro rejuvenator if not will be worst so best way is setting up an lcd

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 159.00
Cabinet - Toppers
FlipperLED
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Des Moines, IA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
San Mateo, CA
$ 399.95
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside