(Topic ID: 321563)

RFM computer runs fine but not much else...

By ElCid95

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by ElCid95
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ElCid95.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 1 year ago

Got an RFM that the computer that boots up fine, CRT shows the game running, but that's about it. There is a message saying the coin door is open even when it is closed or the interlock switch is pulled out. Only half of the LEDs on the power driver board are on, specifically, 3, 8, 9, 10, 16 and 17 (starting with the green led and all the ones to the right of it and the +5V). All the cables are snug and plugged in properly. None of the 4 coin door buttons seem to work and none of the playfield lights, coin door lights or the florescent light comes on. I've also recently had the motherboard recapped since it had a couple of bulging capacitors. The game does make a "ding" sound shortly after it is turned on. Any suggestions on things to check?

#3 1 year ago

All the fuses are fine.

#4 1 year ago

I was looking at the schematic last night, looking for a common spot between the lit leds and the ones that were not and now I wonder if the relay at K1 is bad. Any way to check it?

2 weeks later
#5 1 year ago

I changed out the relay at K1 and also transistors Q30 (was discolored) and Q34 (had a crack on the back) but no real improvement. I did notice that the playfield light turn on and then back off for an instance when I turn the game on.

#7 1 year ago

Thanks. I checked all the TP's and got good readings. I did find out the interlock switch may be bad since I didn’t get any continuity when i checked it with my multimeter. The power driver board is currently out for repair, so hopefully with a new interlock switch it will work again.

4 months later
#8 1 year ago

Got the power driver board back and it had some bad traces from a high voltage short and poor previous work, and a locked on solenoid driver. Putting in the new interlock switch unfortunately didn't cause the game to work any better.

1 month later
#9 1 year ago

Finally figured out the problem once I was able have a working RFM brought over. Turns out the ribbon cable inside the computer for the 25 pin connector was plugged in upside down on the motherboard...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.00
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

7,500 (OBO)
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ElCid95.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-computer-runs-fine-but-not-much-else?tu=ElCid95 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.