• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RFM_Coin_Mechs_2.jpg
Revenge_from_Mars_Coin_Mechs.jpg
#1 11 years ago

Hi Guys-- I just recently purchased an RFM that I'm in love with. I never really pay any attention to coin mechs, but since my 3 year old is interested in these things now and enjoys putting quarters in the slot so that he can "buy" a game and hear the noise that it makes when it registers a credit, I noticed that mine doesn't seem to be working. I put a quarter in and nothing. I manually operated the switch at the bottom of the coin mech and still nothing. I've included a photo and I would appreciate if anyone sees anything amiss that they could let me know. It lights up no problem, by the way. I was wondering if the two connections not connected to anything next to the menu buttons have anything to do with it.

Also, it appears that the coin mechs have been updated to newer Happ mechs. The coin takers on the outside look like Stern ones and there is a sticker with an 05 manufacture date.

I really appreciate any direction that I may be given.

Revenge_from_Mars_Coin_Mechs.jpgRevenge_from_Mars_Coin_Mechs.jpg RFM_Coin_Mechs_2.jpgRFM_Coin_Mechs_2.jpg

#2 11 years ago

Here is where you go into switch edge test and flip each one with your finger and see if they work.

If not start investigating. Easy to have a broken wire common to both of them killing them. Wires run from switches through coin door harness to a board inside.

Pretty easy to check continuity with a meter if need be to find a broken wire.

LTG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.00
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

7,500 (OBO)
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-coin-mechs-question-help-much-appreciated and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.