Topic Stats

• 96 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by RoyF
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 27 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_7677 (resized).JPG
IMG_7676 (resized).JPG
IMG_7675 (resized).JPG
RFMmemory (resized).jpg
RFMmonitorCable (resized).jpg
pin2kGXMAV (resized).jpg
pin2k586GXm (resized).jpg
IMG_7228 (resized).JPG
IMG_7226 (resized).JPG
IMG_7227 (resized).JPG
IMG_7225 (resized).JPG
P2K - cga cable (resized).jpg
RFMvideomaybe (resized).jpg
CGA (resized).JPG
IMG_3830 (resized).JPG
IMG_7218 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markmon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 3 years ago

As an FYI you would never want to run this machine even for a second with the cpu fan dead. By the time e the machine starts to boot the cpu will be overheating and going into thermal shutdown or just malfunctioning. It's highly likely this is why it wouldn't boot.

#17 3 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Well, there goes that. I was hoping my RFM was fixed and bulletproof, it thought otherwise. The boot issue is back again. It freezes at the last blue line on the white screen, something about "Starting Update Game Rom" or similar. Sometimes it just freezes, and sometimes it re-boots itself. In a couple rare instances it will start the game, then boot itself.
As mentioned before, I've replaced the PSU, CPU fan, and the 5 common problem capacitors. My friend has a SWEP1 and let me use his computer to narrow down the issue, and I've narrowed it down to the motherboard. I've altered and replaced everything else. Any thoughts on what to check on the motherboard?

Im not sure if this is helpful or not. But the stock update procedure was to use a serial port. You said your system hangs during the system boot when checking for update. (If it gets this far, it has booted most the way and gotten past the typical computer issues with bad board caps etc). If when your computer lost its initial settings, the configuration of the serial port got messed up in the bios, perhaps the system is having problems checking the serial connection for update due to that.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
2,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bp
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Chippewa, PA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markmon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside