Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by cougtv
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 10 months ago

Got a rfm with episode 1 kit. As episode 1, game boots and plays fine. If I plug in the half of the rfm prism sandwich with chips and rfm playfield, the game goes into a boot loop. The initial pin 2000 screen comes up, the loading screen comes up, the playfield lights flash.... and then it reboots. I never see any rfm graphics on screen.

I think I’ve narrowed it down to the rfm chips. I’ve swapped the chips onto another prism card half and it does the same thing.

Anyone have some chips I can buy, or any other insight?

Thanks
Mike

#2 10 months ago

You need to put episode 1 kit back in the machine, boot it up, go to service menu and disable automatic updates. Then you put in rfm chips, boot it and you need to dowload rfm code into the machine by the serial data cable or by a prism update card with the latest code. You can download the code from planetary pinball. The game will not work unless you disable updates and then download game code into the machine. If you use a computer it needs to have a null modem cable port to connect to the games pc board. It is not just as simple as switching the roms. I learned the hard way and same issue. You can google ep1 to rfm swap for help.

#3 10 months ago

You alsodo the same process to go back to ep1. Forgot to mention that. Goodluck.

#4 10 months ago

Are you loading the correct dynamic data to the prism?
Update with pub / rs232 when you switch? Otherwise go nucore or get a second prism.

#5 10 months ago

I have a second chip half of the sandwich, with the rfm chips on it. When I’m switching from e1 to rfm I’m switching the entire half. In other words I have two chip halves, one with rfm chips, one with e1 chips. I still have to do the update process above?

#6 10 months ago

Yes you need to update game code. Does not matter that you have two boards. Unless you disable update and download game code the game will not work. I have rfm and sold my ep1 kit and went through the process a few times. Unless you download the game code to the pinballs cpu it will not work. Ep1 works because the cpu has that code installed. Until you put rfm code onto that cpu it will just keep rebooting.

#7 10 months ago

You will need a older computer with a null serial modem port on it and you will need to go to planetary pinballs website, download pinball 2000 manager and the game codes to seitch back and forth. There are pub cards to do samething that work easier, but you need a pub card to go that route. And you would need a computer with a slot that takes the card and download the game code to the pub card. Its not as simple as switching the roms. Until you have what is needed to update the games cpu you are stuck playing ep1.

2 weeks later
#9 10 months ago

Are you going to York? I have pub cards with the latest code I would let you use at the show.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Siegecraft Electronics
$ 40.00
3,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hillsboro, OR
Trade
Machine - For Trade
San Mateo, CA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Medford, NJ
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Boards
PCB Emporium
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside