(Topic ID: 89376)

RFM - best cleaner for the playfield glass?

By j_m_

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Mancave
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
#1 9 years ago

I know that you're not supposed to use anything like windex on PDI or invisiglass, but what's the best option for cleaning the P2K playfield glass. I've tried using simple green and it leaves a lot of streaks for some reason

#2 9 years ago

I use Sprayway World's Best Glass Cleaner, a spray in a can.

No streaks, cleans good.

P2K glass has the darkness and mirroring in the glass. So Windex is fine too.

LTG : )™

#3 9 years ago

I have had nothing but excellent results with Sparkle. Works on Invisiglass, too!

This'll last you a while for only $8:
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Sparkle-Glass-Cleaner-Spray-Bottle-and-Refill-Combo-Pack-20515/203261397

#4 9 years ago

Distilled water, or distilled water/white vinegar. Clean just like cleaning an LCD.

#5 9 years ago

thanks for the responses!

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I use Sprayway World's Best Glass Cleaner, a spray in a can.
No streaks, cleans good.
P2K glass has the darkness and mirroring in the glass. So Windex is fine too.
LTG : )™

I agree with using Sprayway. It's good stuff. But the mirror coating is actually on the top surface of the glass (if it weren't then you'd get a doubling effect). Most cleaners are not going to affect it, but you can scratch it off, so be careful.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

I agree with using Sprayway. It's good stuff. But the mirror coating is actually on the top surface of the glass (if it weren't then you'd get a doubling effect). Most cleaners are not going to affect it, but you can scratch it off, so be careful.

I was wondering about that . I use sprayway w/ a micro fibre currently & want to get some PDI glass and don't want to damage it..

#8 9 years ago

Sprayway is what we used at the longtime route operator I worked at for 28 years. We bought cases of it. Always had at least 3 cans of it in the route collector's van.

4 months later
#9 9 years ago

really late follow-up. I picked up a case of sprayway and I can't be more pleased. it definitely cleans the playfield glass a lot better than other products that I've try without streaking.

thank you everyone that recommended this product

#11 9 years ago

I've used sparkle before. still not as good a sprayway

#12 9 years ago

Windex with Vinegar followed by Brilianize or you can get away with just Brillainize most of the time.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/17202427?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&adid=22222222227016951717&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=40343336912&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=78303921392&veh=sem

http://www.brillianize.com

I can't promote Brillianize enough for your machines from playfield to glass.

Its the best product of its kind out there period. Thats why NASA and HONDA uses it and the place where I work my day job, The Metropolitan Museum of Art which I recommended to them to use it.

Don't believe me? Just come to MPNYC and look at machines that get more plays in a week then most of your machines will get in their lifetimes and see how they shine.

People ask me at Modern all the time "what do you use?" and I tell them all Brillianize.

NO NO NO I don't work or have any connection with Brillianize.

#13 9 years ago

As far as i know, can't get sprayway over here (in the shops at least, or on Fleabay, etc), i have used windex for glass on my machine and it has cleaned no worries (streak free) without doing any damage at all

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 85.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-best-cleaner-for-the-playfield-glass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.