• Latest reply 8 years ago by Spock
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

youvebeenherefor8months.png
#1 8 years ago

well after only a month of RFM, my ten year old said to me, "dad do you the rfm or swe1 better?"
i asked him what his thoughts are, "well dad i really don't want to upset you after all the work you did to make the rfm work, but it kinda sucks dad, can we have the SWE1 back?"
and honestly i really don't see the big following it has and the lack SWE1 has.
i may be the only one here but i will have to side with my son and say that swe1 has better overall game experience. i cant stand the shooter button.

#2 8 years ago

Noob alert (me): what machine is SWE1?

#3 8 years ago
youvebeenherefor8months.pngyouvebeenherefor8months.png
#4 8 years ago

I also started out with a SWEP1 for 2 years, afterwards I bought a RFM and for many months, me and my 2 sons (13 and 14 years old at the time) had the same feeling, but after owning RFM for 2 years, I now have the opposit feeling, SWEP1 sucks compared to RFM, but I still love both games, RFM has more depth and different shots but SWEP1 has faster game play and better sound.

#5 8 years ago

RFM for me too. RFM is more for the adults and SWEP1 is more of a kids game.

#6 8 years ago

As much as I love JarJar and little Annie's call outs... and the incredible "dress the princess" mode...

I'm going to have to go with RFM........by a landslide.

I had SWEP1 and an RFM "kit" - RFM was installed 98% of the time.

#7 8 years ago

when fall comes around me and my son will do a PF swap on the RFM and maybe his interest will be back. its not that fun when he's waking away middle of a game, or he drains on purpose.
now SM on the other hand, he will school me all night long if given the chance.
little shit will cradle every shot, his ball times are 3-5 mins every ball.

#8 8 years ago

Did you keep your SW playfield and computer?
Shouldn't take but 15 minutes or so to swap out at free will. Why wait till fall?

#9 8 years ago

yes i have both , each has a dedicated motherboard and a dedicated prism card. (i only have 1 PUB card with rfm on it and cannot find a swe1 pub card to swap easily so i just swap the MB, i know some guys have them but 250.00 is way to much for a 40.00 pub card)
i bought a NOS PF for the RFM but have to start the hunt for the rest of the stuff to freshen it up to like new again .

10 months later
#10 8 years ago

If still needed i have a Star Wars Episode 1 Prism Update Card (Pub card) with v1.5.

#11 8 years ago

I owned both, kept swe1. I probably will get rfm again, but I like swe1 much better. I own ramps and plastics for rfm

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

yes i have both , each has a dedicated motherboard and a dedicated prism card. (i only have 1 PUB card with rfm on it and cannot find a swe1 pub card to swap easily so i just swap the MB, i know some guys have them but 250.00 is way to much for a 40.00 pub card)
i bought a NOS PF for the RFM but have to start the hunt for the rest of the stuff to freshen it up to like new again

Sounds like Nucore is coming back and will be for sale if you don't want to use the bootleg version. That is your best option if you want to swap games without having to do anything with the computer. It will auto detect which game it is.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Hackensack, NJ
4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 234.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Cento Creations

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 54.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-back-to-swe1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.