Topic Stats

• 199 posts
  • 81 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by NoahFentz
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 19 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

016.JPG
018-302.JPG
024.JPG
021.JPG
020-73.JPG
015-388.JPG
014.JPG
013-319.JPG
002-624.JPG
001-355.JPG
012-626.JPG
003-867.JPG
010-889.JPG
006-94.JPG
image-76.jpg
image-427.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zitt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#131 5 years ago

Id ask where my STNG is... but I already know what the answer is.

1 month later
#157 5 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

And that is by far the biggest problem with making these cabinets...getting the colors correct. The art files we used came from Rick at PPS. The problem is, the colors his printer prints are not going to be the same colors my printer's printer prints. In order to get them correct, my printer would literally have to spend hours and hours adjusting the color levels on his machine to get them right. In this case, he spent about four and I told him that has to be close enough. The amount of money I'd have to pay him to correct them is just not worth it.
Having said that, if you had this cabinet sitting in your gameroom, you'd think it looked incredible and wouldn't give the colors a second thought.

WTF?! There is this old fangled technology called color matching. His printer should have a color profile
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_management

While I agree the cabinet looks good... I find it highly suspect that your printer isn't more adept at color matching.

I would give the color a second thought. I'm pretty retentive. If I'm going to buy a new cab; it needs to be color matched to original files.

#160 5 years ago

Fair Enough...
I'm retentive... so I've calibrated my monitors, scanners, and laser printer as best I could.
I do agree tho... outsourcing to the printers is a task.
I do think if I were selling a premium product like this... I'd have requested he make a better effort.

#194 5 years ago

:Waves white flag:
My comments should only have been taken seriously if he wanted to market it as THE replacement for high end restores.

Bryan,
I'd like to personally apologize if you took my comments as critical of the work. I think the cabs are AWESOME... and I didn't realize at the time this was a Screened cabinet. I had assumed these were decals so... assumed the vynl printer was just lazy,

You have to realize that I'm an odd duck. All you have to do is look at my Star Trek: Mirror Universe project to realize that I'm highly detailed oriented and take my restores seriously.

Having said that... I would seriously consider buying one of your pieces of art - even with the slight color differences.
So PLEASE don't use me as an excuse for not offering them to "understanding people".

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 239.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zitt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside