002-624.JPG
001-355.JPG
012-626.JPG
003-867.JPG
010-889.JPG
006-94.JPG
image-76.jpg
image-427.jpg
There are 199 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Will you Bryan Kelly, be bringing some of these so called ultra cabinets to Expo ? If not, you had better wear a cup !

Don't know yet, Jim. The logistics in getting one to every show may be a little tough. You can stop over and check it out in person anytime.

#102 10 years ago

Brian,

Will your cabinet come with installed grounding braid and side rails?

#103 10 years ago

I'm not sure my cabinet buddy lives close enough to me to make that feasible. I'd love to be able to though.

Quoted from ToucanF16:

Brian,
Will your cabinet come with installed grounding braid and side rails?

#104 10 years ago

I would like to see some more pictures. It sounds awesome, and I know you wouldn't recommend it if it was junk.

I've had a HEP pin, but I prefer to restore my own, which I *do* treat like fine furniture

Might be interested in a White Water cabinet at some point, since mine is held together with drywall screws. I've got another used lower White Water I was thinking about restoring, but by the time I buy the artwork, fix all the issues in the cabinet, and install the artwork....

I was mostly asking about durability, as I know how much stress and weight playfield slides hold, and I was trying to figure out how they would attach with no fasteners through the cabinet.

#105 10 years ago

Man, I'm one of the more anal collectors I know and I have to say that cabinet bolts never caused me to lose any sleep Hard for me to find fault with my HEP/PMD/PinWerks restored cabinets…

Nevertheless, good luck with the new venture…would love to see one in person (pics don't do it justice).

#106 10 years ago

Honestly, John, the pivot bolts that hold the playfield are my biggest issue. I don't feel the way they were done for the show will work but after explaining to my cabinet guy how they work, that's what he came up with. I've already talked to him about it and personally, I don't have an issue with the four larger bolts in the sides but he's one of those kind of guys that simply wants to figure out a way. Not sure yet what we'll come up with.

As for durability, I honestly couldn't tell you. By the time I'm done with this first one, it may not be usable. If that's the case, I'll take a hammer and screwdriver to it and see what happens.

Quoted from johnwartjr:

I was mostly asking about durability, as I know how much stress and weight playfield slides hold, and I was trying to figure out how they would attach with no fasteners through the cabinet.

#107 10 years ago

LOL I know exactly what your saying, but after seeing all the great comments about how a WOZ looks, we thought, what the hell. Why not try it with repro cabinets.

This still might be a brain fart, but it's a pretty brain fart.

Quoted from snaroff:

Man, I'm one of the more anal collectors I know and I have to say that cabinet bolts never caused me to lose any sleep Hard for me to find fault with my HEP/PMD/PinWerks restored cabinets…
Nevertheless, good luck with the new venture…would love to see one in person (pics don't do it justice).

#108 10 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

All I can say is that's not my immediate focus.

How about if I buy you a beer and slip you $5 under the table........is it now????

#109 10 years ago

You might also have to include sexual favors.

Quoted from meSz:

How about if I buy you a beer and slip you $5 under the table........is it now????

#110 10 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

You might also have to include sexual favors.

PM sent

#111 10 years ago

So all these posts and all we have is that one shitty pic still?

#112 10 years ago

You're going to have to give me another week or so. With the rain on Sunday, I wasn't able to bring it back with me. Charlie was nice enough to haul it back to his place. I'll be picking it up next weekend...as long as it's not raining.

Quoted from turbo20lbs:

So all these posts and all we have is that one shitty pic still?

#113 10 years ago

Bryan,

i have a truck going to the twin cities friday night/ saturday (april 25th and 26th).

if you can't figure things out with charlie see if you can someone get him to meet me in madison during the week and we can figure it out

Christopher
King Pin Games

#114 10 years ago

Did you secure the TAF license yet, Bryan?

kelly-454.jpgkelly-454.jpg
#115 10 years ago

Thanks, Chris, but it's a bit more complicated than that. I've also got an AFM I need to get to Ben Heck and he has a TOM that's coming to me. Our plan was to meet at Charlies and do the swap. He's got some things he needs to do on his game anyway. Let me think about it.

Quoted from KingPinGames:

Bryan,
i have a truck going to the twin cities friday night/ saturday (april 25th and 26th).
if you can't figure things out with charlie see if you can someone get him to meet me in madison during the week and we can figure it out
Christopher
King Pin Games

#116 10 years ago

No. It's still all a blur.

Quoted from davewtf:

Did you secure the TAF license yet, Bryan?

kelly-454.jpg 33 KB

#117 10 years ago

Conquering the hideous problem of grotesque carriage bolts on pinball cabs. Yes, the pinball hobby has officially jumped the shark. smh

#118 10 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

LOL I know exactly what your saying, but after seeing all the great comments about how a WOZ looks, we thought, what the hell. Why not try it with repro cabinets.
This still might be a brain fart, but it's a pretty brain fart.

I'd much rather buy your cabinet than have to restore one, so I wouldn't call it a brain fart Bryan. I was actually wondering when someone would start emulating the WOZ cabinets. To me this is a no brainier. I'd standardize on your cabs for all my resto projects. Great work. I need a MB, SS, CFTBL, and TZ.

Flat pack option would be awesome

#119 10 years ago

Mike, I have no doubt someone like yourself would have no issue assembling something like this. It's the do it yourselfer guy that really doesn't know what he's doing that concerns me.

I talked with my cabinet guy this weekend and we just don't like the idea of flat packs. It's not so much the shipping of the cleared panels as it would be the individual putting it together. I hate to say it, but I have this feeling there are those out there who, while attempting to assemble it, would damage a panel and guess who's getting an Email saying their panel was damaged? That would be me.

I'd also feel a lot better knowing the cabinet and head are assemble before shipping and will be done correctly.

Quoted from PinballMikeD:

I'd much rather buy your cabinet than have to restore one, so I wouldn't call it a brain fart Bryan. I was actually wondering when someone would start emulating the WOZ cabinets. To me this is a no brainier. I'd standardize on your cabs for all my resto projects. Great work. I need a MB, SS, CFTBL, and TZ.

#120 10 years ago

Bryan,

I like the idea of the flat pack as well but understand your concerns regarding final assembly. Does anyone have an idea what the difference in shipping costs are for a full cabinet vs. flat pack?

And forgot the about TAF rights you need to focus on IJ

#121 10 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Mike, I have no doubt someone like yourself would have no issue assembling something like this. It's the do it yourselfer guy that really doesn't know what he's doing that concerns me.
I talked with my cabinet guy this weekend and we just don't like the idea of flat packs. It's not so much the shipping of the cleared panels as it would be the individual putting it together. I hate to say it, but I have this feeling there are those out there who, while attempting to assemble it, would damage a panel and guess who's getting an Email saying their panel was damaged? That would be me.
I'd also feel a lot better knowing the cabinet and head are assemble before shipping and will be done correctly.

I hear ya.

When do you envision having MB units available?

#122 10 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

It's not so much the shipping of the cleared panels as it would be the individual putting it together. I hate to say it, but I have this feeling there are those out there who, while attempting to assemble it, would damage a panel and guess who's getting an Email saying their panel was damaged?

Whatever, my tools are ready to rock for flat pack assembly. Edit----Tony would make a great Proctologist.

gt_toolset_med.jpggt_toolset_med.jpg

#123 10 years ago

No idea at all, Mike.

I hear ya.

#124 10 years ago

If you're buying that many, make the drive up to MN and play some pinball!

#125 10 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

If you're buying that many, make the drive up to MN and play some pinball!

I might do that

Anyway, I'll keep an eye on your thread Bryan regarding future cabs. Best of luck with this project. I think you'll do quite well with this venture. At the price you listed it's really a no brainer.

#126 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Whatever, my tools are ready to rock for flat pack assembly. Edit----Tony would make a great Proctologist.

Just grab onto the edge of this pinball cabinet... this might be a little uncomfortable

#127 10 years ago

One of these would look really nice with my TZ playfield in it.... Just don't make them look too good or I might have to scrap the Funhouse cabinet I decaled and the beautiful silkscreen it had over top a shitty paint job

#128 10 years ago

I hear ya.

Definitely would buy an MB also

#129 10 years ago

FT cabinet was so beautiful. I wish you all the best on this endeavor BK!

#130 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballKen:

FT cabinet was so beautiful. I wish you all the best on this endeavor BK!

Me too! Hopefully the license headaches don't bog down your work.

#131 10 years ago

Id ask where my STNG is... but I already know what the answer is.

#132 10 years ago

If you do EATPM, I want the first one!

#133 9 years ago

I would be in for a Funhouse!!

#134 9 years ago

I'll take the TZ prototype when you decide to do a widebody. You got a bunch of other shit to do to it anyway.

Just keep your friggin cheesy poof covered fingertips away from it when assembling. Still trying to get my truck clean from your cheese covered corn snack addiction.

#135 9 years ago

If I work on your TZ, you'll pay me in Cheesy Puffs. Lots and lots of f'ing Cheesy Puffs.

Quoted from PinManV:

I'll take the TZ prototype when you decide to do a widebody. You got a bunch of other shit to do to it anyway.
Just keep your friggin cheesy poof covered fingertips away from it when assembling. Still trying to get my truck clean from your cheese covered corn snack addiction.

#136 9 years ago

Why does everything with you revolve around cheese? (that one goes deep)

BTW... FT cabinet was amazing to say the least.

#137 9 years ago

I'd take a TZ cab if you made them. preferably w/ the proto art.

#138 9 years ago

I'll get more pics when I get it home but here are a couple of the front corners.

image-427.jpgimage-427.jpg image-76.jpgimage-76.jpg
#139 9 years ago

Those corners are perfect. Now THATS quality.

#140 9 years ago

Looks beautiful Bryan. I'm in for a Monster Bash, possibly a Whitewater as well if I can afford it. Might end up doing that one on my own.

#141 9 years ago

I saw this at the show, and I must say it was VERY impressive. Well done, really looking forward to your progress.

#142 9 years ago

Man, that's pretty. I'd totally get one, but then I'd need a new playfield to put in it.

#143 9 years ago

I finally got the FT cab back in the shop and have most everything back in. I've got shitty lighting in the shop but here are a few pics.

006-94.JPG006-94.JPG 010-889.JPG010-889.JPG 003-867.JPG003-867.JPG 012-626.JPG012-626.JPG
#144 9 years ago

Here are a few more.

001-355.JPG001-355.JPG 002-624.JPG002-624.JPG 013-319.JPG013-319.JPG 014.JPG014.JPG 015-388.JPG015-388.JPG
#145 9 years ago

Wish my FT looked half as good as that!

#146 9 years ago

Here's a comparison between old and new.

020-73.JPG020-73.JPG 021.JPG021.JPG 024.JPG024.JPG
#147 9 years ago

How did you source the original art. Was it always a yellow/orange or would it have been more of a red/organe possibly?

#148 9 years ago

This is why I picked FT to try first. This is my buddy's cabinet with the typical busted out bottom. New ones will have the cross bracket the transformer mounts to.

018-302.JPG018-302.JPG
#149 9 years ago

The cabinet looks fantastic!

Judging from the decal that was under the hinge and side rail, the art looks a lot more red/orange though.

#150 9 years ago

This was our attempt at replacing the pivot nut carriage bolts with something that didn't require the bolts through the cabinet. My cabinet guy came up with a couple different options, none of which I thought would hold the weight of the playfield, so I came to the conclusion, there will have to be those four bolts through the cabinet.

016.JPG016.JPG
There are 199 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/revolutionary-new-fish-tales-cabinet-at-mgc/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.