Topic Stats

• 199 posts
  • 81 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by NoahFentz
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 19 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

016.JPG
018-302.JPG
024.JPG
021.JPG
020-73.JPG
015-388.JPG
014.JPG
013-319.JPG
002-624.JPG
001-355.JPG
012-626.JPG
003-867.JPG
010-889.JPG
006-94.JPG
image-76.jpg
image-427.jpg

There are 199 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 5 years ago

I appreciate the cheese pump offer Bryan! I need to meet up with you and Ross as well, I saw his picture in there somewhere... It was more than a decade ago that I bought his HUO SWE1, time waits for no one!

Brad

#52 5 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Yup. Where do you think I got the idea.

Nice. I'm glad you were able to read my post through the grammar I'm now wincing at too.

#53 5 years ago

Bad Cats!
Bad Cats!
Bad Cats!
Or any system 11 cabs...

#54 5 years ago

While it may look better in person, I'm afraid that the light present in the picture makes it look a bit washed out to me. I look forward to the better pics, though!

#55 5 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

A flat pack and easy to assemble system would be cool. Hey if I can build something from Ikea.....
Looks great

I agree, would save a lot of shipping

#56 5 years ago

I would take a Roadshow one. As in I would buy one right now.

I would also think congo and BSD are good opportunities (based on fade). It really depends if these can be made in limited runs and be cost effective for you. MB likely makes sense due to the games value and those willing to drop the cash on a cab fix up.

I spent a good time looking it over and I want mine to be like the factory with black paint only half way up the side. What is this paint the entire sides crap ? Just screwing with you.

Is there a possibility of clearing over the inside with the protective coating also? Would be nice to have an easy to wipe out surface as gunk fals down on it.

The quality of the cab was far better than the WOZ ones.

The color was perfect and the finish was very nice. I would expect nothing less from you.

#57 5 years ago
Quoted from boagman:

While it may look better in person, I'm afraid that the light present in the picture makes it look a bit washed out to me. I look forward to the better pics, though!

it was pretty sexy in person. there was something slighty different with the orange to red halftone but it was very minor. I might be thinking of my old game though where someone airbrushed in the red a little bit which erased some of the half tone. I'll take whatever differences over having a super delicate decalled cabinet where you have to baby the edges. It really feels like a screened cabinet.

-c

#59 5 years ago

All I can say is that's not my immediate focus.

Quoted from meSz:

Any chance of you doing the older Bally titles such as Medusa?

#60 5 years ago

I would like to see Indiana Jones (Williams).

#61 5 years ago

Doh! You said 3rd party licenses were out.

#62 5 years ago

Trust me, the colors were anything but washed out. In fact, the clear makes the bright colors on FT really pop.

Quoted from boagman:

#63 5 years ago

is it as nice as a woz cab ..1st run...??

#64 5 years ago

Very nice! I'd probably buy a Whitewater cabinet. Maybe a Funhouse, too. Thanks for pursuing this idea.

#65 5 years ago

Which 3rd party licenses does Rick have access to? I'd assume MB since that was mentioned, but what else?

#66 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Which 3rd party licenses does Rick have access to? I'd assume MB since that was mentioned, but what else?

Anything you see Next Gen decals for on the PPS site.

#67 5 years ago

Thanks, Hilton, and your opinion does matter to me. You're one of the up and coming restore guys that I'm hoping to appeal to. There's no reason at all why I can't do wide body games, but again, I have to be careful of those involving third party licensing. And because of the printing process, once I have the artwork files and cad files for the cabinet, I can make them one or two or as many as I want at a time. Makes no difference in cost.

Quoted from Whysnow:

I would take a roadshow one. As in I would buy one right now.
I would also think congo and BSD are good opportunities (based on fade). It really depends if these can be made in limited runs and be cost effective for you. MB likely makes sense due to the games value and those willing to drop the cash on a cab fix up.
I spent a good time looking it over and I want mine to be like the factory with black paint only half way up the side. What is this paint the entire sides crap ? Just screwing with you.
Is there a possibility of clearing over the inside with the protective coating also? Would be nice to have an easy to Wipe Out surface as gunk fals down on it.
The quality of the cab was far better than the WOZ ones.
The color was perfect and the finish was very nice. I would expect nothing less from you.

#68 5 years ago

How about a blank cabinet for someone to put on their own IJ decals?

#70 5 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Anything you see Next Gen decals for on the PPS site.

Thanks. Looks like MB, Creech, SS, SW: Ep1, Shadow, and TZ. If TZ was done that might be enough to convince me to attempt doing that playfield swap!

#71 5 years ago

'wife' body, lol.

If Roadshow can be a reality I will honestly take one.

Also, can custom art be done on a standard cab? I have a project I plan to do at some point and will have custom art.

#73 5 years ago

How long would it take to get a Fish Tales one made? And is local pick up an option? I'm a 6 hour drive away and it would cheaper fuel then for shipping. This is AWESOME Bryan. I just spend 50 hours on my Monster Bash cabinet and I would happily just pay $1295 next time to avoid all that time in repairs etc. and to have a much superior option. VERY well done here!

#74 5 years ago

JM would be a great candidate! Just about every last one of them is faded.

#75 5 years ago

I think Cactus Canyon would be a great candidate.

#77 5 years ago

Honestly, the printing of the artwork and the clearing is what makes this cabinet special, but I see no reason why I couldn't just leave that off and sell a blank cabinet. I'll think about it.

Quoted from jints56:

How about a blank cabinet for someone to put on their own IJ decals?

#78 5 years ago

I saw the cabinet at MGC and it looks great. I've just spent many hours on a wh20 cabinet and its ready for paint and decals but this is still very tempting.

I hope PPS can work something out for the IJ license. That would be an automatic buy for me and I'm sure you would sell a ton of them as the art is always washed out.

#79 5 years ago

For those who have asked about availability, I can see FT about a month out. I still need to iron out the couple issues I'm aware of and I still need to stick the playfield back in and make sure it even fits.

As for other titles, I really have no idea. I did this FT cab just to see if there was interest. Now that I see there is, it all comes down to Rick getting me what I need to do other titles.

Rick, are you hearing me?

#80 5 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Trust me, I want picky people to tell me what they think!!
The warning text WILL be screened on the back. My printer simply didn't have the time to have the screen made.

What, the back of the head is too good to do direct printing?

I'd completely be down for a BoP cabinet... and I even have replacement artwork for my existing cabinet!

I'd also love a flat pack option, plus I think it'd be good for you too. That way several could be taken to shows easily in the back of a vehicle. Or in my case, an unassembled cabinet could fit next to the full game that I'd invariably be transporting anyway. (Would need an outer box plus paper between for transport, of course.)

#81 5 years ago

Believe it or not, my printer tells me you won't get the correct look on the warning text with digital print. He'd prefer screening it and who am I to argue after I've told him how original I want some things to look!

I've got to tell you, Vince, with all the new shit coming out for BOP, I'm seriously thinking about maybe looking into that one next. Of course, because you're such a good friend, you only pay 10% over retail.

Quoted from TheKorn:

What, the back of the head is too good to do direct printing?
I'd completely be down for a BoP cabinet... and I even have replacement artwork for my existing cabinet!
I'd also love a flat pack option, plus I think it'd be good for you too. That way several could be taken to shows easily in the back of a vehicle. Or in my case, an unassembled cabinet could fit next to the full game that I'd invariably be transporting anyway. (Would need an outer box plus paper between for transport, of course.)

#82 5 years ago

If we get a cabinet, do we get to see the cheese pump?

#83 5 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Trust me, the colors were anything but washed out. In fact, the clear makes the bright colors on FT really pop.

Well, I honestly wasn't trying to be critical, as I know you (and Craig above, as well), and I know that you do good stuff. I just wasn't "wowed" by that particular picture of FT, quite frankly, and I attributed it to the ambient light.

I fully agree that this would be a nice thing if the colors are as, er, "sexy" as Craig said they are. I can think of no better candidate, though, than most Monster Bash cabinets, which have *always* bugged me with their decals (in addition to just about everything else with the game). The washed out reds all across the pinball spectrum, however, would really benefit the most.

#84 5 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

oh, i'm sure he'll show it to you if you ask nicely.

#85 5 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

oh, i'm sure he'll show it to you if you ask nicely.

Dave, It's nice to see you getting back into pinbal......hey, where did he go?

#86 5 years ago

Bryan a question about the metal internal leg braces, will they be the stock crappy ones or the HD aftermarket ones? I'd like to see a HS or a BoP. Could I pick-up, your local.? Thanks.

Also, me being in MN I assume I'd have to pay MN sales tax, another $170 or so. Am I correct?

#87 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Bryan a question about the metal internal leg braces, will they be the stock crappy ones or the HD aftermarket ones? I'd like to see a HS or a BoP. Could I pick-up, your local.? Thanks.

Bryan only uses crappy parts.

#88 5 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Bryan only uses crappy parts.

NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!.....I mean cabinet. Had to ask.

#89 5 years ago

This is really cool. I can't afford it, but still very cool. If you could flat pack it and do group buys, I wonder if you might get the price down a bit? If you knew you needed enough Whirlwind blue for 200 cabinets, that's got to save some money right?

Chris

#90 5 years ago

Buy two and I might even let you touch it.

Quoted from TomGWI:

#91 5 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Buy two and I might even let you touch it.

And pics?

Brad

#92 5 years ago

Definitely interested in seeing some more finished product pics. Original post talks of BoP in the works, and with all the current works (2.0, playfield, ect) seems like a perfect time to fix up the body as well. Will definitely have to keep my eyes on this thread.

#93 5 years ago

Hey Bryan.
You suck

#94 5 years ago

Will you Bryan Kelly, be bringing some of these so called ultra cabinets to Expo ? If not, you had better wear a cup !

#95 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Also, me being in MN I assume I'd have to pay MN sales tax, another $170 or so. Am I correct?

Initially, I'm just selling an empty cabinet with artwork applied. What you put in or on it is up to you. I will say, on FT and other early WPC games, the wood block the power box mounts to in the front right corner is too close to the front to allow mounting the heavy duty leg bracket in that corner. On my cabinet, that block was moved back so it will fit.

#97 5 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Hey Bryan.
You suck

Jay, let me know if you want to come by and visit my garage again one of these days...

Brad

#98 5 years ago

Anything for sale?

#99 5 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Hey Bryan.
You suck

That's not what your Mom told me last night.

#100 5 years ago

Jay, you have been PM'ed!

Brad

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
There are 199 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside