Topic Stats

• 199 posts
  • 81 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by NoahFentz
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 19 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

016.JPG
018-302.JPG
024.JPG
021.JPG
020-73.JPG
015-388.JPG
014.JPG
013-319.JPG
002-624.JPG
001-355.JPG
012-626.JPG
003-867.JPG
010-889.JPG
006-94.JPG
image-76.jpg
image-427.jpg

There are 199 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 5 years ago

I'm hoping everyone at MGC had a chance to check out my new FT cabinet I had in The Spooky Pinball booth. It's something I literally had whipped up the month leading up to the show, so it was a true prototype. I've still got a couple of bugs to work out, but the artwork and cabinet construction are pretty much what they are.

The artwork is NOT a decal clear coated. The artwork is printed directly on the cabinet pieces using a very high end digital ink press. I hesitate calling it a printer. The artwork is then cleared coated using UV protective clear. The cabinet is then fully assembled.

Most people did not notice the lack of carriage bolts normally found on the outside of the cabinet. An example are the sixteen normally used to hold the metal corner brackets in the head. My goal is to eliminate all of them. This is one of the bugs I still need to work out.

Fish Tales was used as my first because of the bright colors on the cabinet but my goal is to offer many other titles. I'll be working with Rick at PPS so you don't have to ask me if this is licensed. Speaking of licenses, I'm currently only able to offer those cabinets that Rick has third party licensing for. No, I can't do IJ or TAF!!!

The next two I've been thinking about doing are MB and BOP. Let me know what other titles you'd be interested in. My price point is currently $1295 and that would simply be the cabinet and head ready for you to install everything else.

Let me know what you think. I'm open to any suggestions.....unless they're really f'ing stupid ones.

// Error: Image 218723 not found //

#2 5 years ago

Here's a pic. That's all I've got for now. Once I get the cabinet home, I'll take more detailed ones.

image-293.jpg

#3 5 years ago

TOTAN?

(and south park and super mario brothers - they are always trashed... lol)

*runs away*

#4 5 years ago

....and yet another pinball innovation...very cool.....the PPS acquisition of William's rights has been amazing for our hobby!

#5 5 years ago

Looks nice. Have you thought about selling as a flat pack which the buyer assembles? Does it bring the price down any?

#6 5 years ago

I'd maybe be interested in Jackbot. My cabinet's pretty nice, but if I can get a perfect one....uh.....why not. It's a keeper game for me.

#7 5 years ago

Cirqus Voltaire! I would be in for one!

Marc

#8 5 years ago

I sincerely thought it was a thing of beauty.

#9 5 years ago

Indy 500 would be a good one too.

#10 5 years ago

Any chance of getting these flat packed? What about wide body?

These were amazing seeing these in person. The cabinet was really slick and i couldn't stop touching it .

The only noticable difference was the WMS style locking corner in the corner joint, but with the screw fasteners it should be real solid.

I really want these.

-c

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

The next two I've been thinking about doing are MB

That would be awesome to see done. MB hast to be the worst side art as far as the wrinkle of decal

#12 5 years ago

AFM and Getaway are almost always bleached out and are very popular.

#13 5 years ago

I looked at this cabinet quite closely, Awesome work!

Great meeting you this weekend Bryan.

#14 5 years ago

I never thought about a flat pack. I'm not sure I want to have to pack and ship side panels with cleared artwork but it may be an option. As for "locking" corner joints, 90% of all cabinets I restore need those "locking" corner joints reglued. My cabinets are glued and also screwed, so I doubt you'll have an issue.

Quoted from CraigC:

Any chance of getting these flat packed? What about wide body?
These were amazing seeing these in person. The cabinet was really slick and i couldn't stop touching it .
The only noticable difference was the WMS style locking corner in the corner joint, but with the screw fasteners it should be real solid.
I really want these.
-c

#15 5 years ago

Very nice to meet you too, Mr. Flank!!

Quoted from centerflank:

I looked at this cabinet quite closely, Awesome work!
Great meeting you this weekend Bryan.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

My price point is currently $1295

Is that a shipped price?

#18 5 years ago

Any cabinet that tends to fade, is a good candidate, but I'll be honest, there are some cabinet colors that are hard to reproduce with inks and AFM orange is one. That's why AFM decals are screened. It's the only way to get the exact color.

Having said that, my printer tells me he can come damn close with the press he has. I would then have to decide if people would be happy with "damn close." Personally, I would for the look of cleared artwork.

Quoted from SealClubber:

AFM and Getaway are almost always bleached out and are very popular.

#19 5 years ago

No. Shipping would be extra.

Quoted from Pinballer22:

Is that a shipped price?

#20 5 years ago

For those concerned about price over everything else, you need to see this in person. This is not to spruce up your everyday beater game. The quality of the side art and the feel of it is beyond what you could imagine. It is the highest quality pin cab I have seen.....ever.

Compare price to cost of decals and all the work involved. It's a job most will never tackle. This cab may be out of range for many of us but I would consider it for one pin that wood be the centerpiece of my collection.

#21 5 years ago

The flat pack would allow people to buy more than the games they can carry at a show and I would think it would reduce the overall shipping cost dramatically. The only con I see is that someone who shouldn't be operating power tools would be assembling these and then trying to blame you for somehow being at fault for their ineptness.

I need to do a few games and this looks like an awesome option. It's pretty fairly priced too.

-c

#22 5 years ago

I'd bite on one of those for my FT...any idea on what shipping would run to the MA 01867 area?
Thanks,
Dan

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

For those concerned about price over everything else, you need to see this in person. This is not to spruce up your everyday beater game. The quality of the side art and the feel of it is beyond what you could imagine. It is the highest quality pin cab I have seen.....ever.
blockquote>

100% agree. More shine than decals, plus no carriage bolts hosing up the look of the cabinet.

the only omission I saw was the screening on the back of the head, and that was me being really picky.

-c

#25 5 years ago

My question is, how does this hold up in durability when compared to an original?

#26 5 years ago

@Bryan

Why hasnt there been an integrated cheese pump option?

I missed the pump if it was there this weekend, I assumed I would have seen naked people covered in cheese running around late saturday night and yes Im looking at you Mr.Middendorf.

#27 5 years ago

For many that are trying to understand the way the cabinet looks and feels, This cabinet is similar to the WOZLE. Before JJP started cutting corners and doing decals. I have had many people look at my cabinets, and i have many HOU machines, and when they see the WOZLE cabinet art and feel compared to say ACDC, there is no comparison.

Like others have said, if you want to have a top notch cabinet, this is it. I have went to the extent of doing a new cabinet before. If you think of it, his price point is very fair. I know that the cabinet i had done before was 800 for the cabinet and 300 for the art. I then still had to apply the art. So for 200.00 more, i will have screen printed versus decals (so no more wrinkling) I will have a clearcoated cabinet. And best of all, I dont have to do the work!!

Great Job Bryan

#28 5 years ago

whoops left the window open too long... flies buzzed in- sorry

(that is I posted but it was already answered between when I opened the window to type and when I hit send)

#29 5 years ago

I checked out the Fishtales cab in person and thought it looked fantastic! I'll take a glossy clearcoated direct print cabinet over decals anyday. And your price-point seems reasonable as well considering how much it costs to pay someone to professionally prep and re-decal a game. The biggest question is what are we going to do with all of these old cabinets? I suppose we could always cut them up and use them as wall/ceiling art or give them to the virtual pinball cab builders?

I think TZ would be a great choice since so many of those cabinets are faded and it's such a collectible game.-and there are plenty of playfields available for restorations.

#30 5 years ago

Trust me, I want picky people to tell me what they think!!

The warning text WILL be screened on the back. My printer simply didn't have the time to have the screen made.

Quoted from CraigC:

100% agree. More shine than decals, plus no carriage bolts hosing up the look of the cabinet.

the only omission I saw was the screening on the back of the head, and that was me being really picky.

-c

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

...my printer tells me he can come damn close with the press he has...

"Press"; you're cute Bryan. In order to be a press, you need to be "pressing", it's a printer.

Awesome work as usual my friend, beautiful cabinet!

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

The biggest question is what are we going to do with all of these old cabinets?

Any locals that end up with a decent condition empty cab I would take one. I have a re-theme I want to try in the not to distant future.....

#34 5 years ago

Depends on what you mean by durability, John. Hit it with a hammer and it will dent. Run a key along the side and it will scratch. You will, however, never have to worry about wrinkling around the legs.

If you've ever had a cabinet restored by any high end restorer, you want to treat it like a fine piece of furniture. This one would be no different.

Quoted from johnwartjr:

My question is, how does this hold up in durability when compared to an original?

#35 5 years ago

Sorry, Mr. Flank, but the only way to experience my cheese pump is to be invited to my gameroom. You, sir, are officially invited.

Quoted from centerflank:

@Bryan
Why hasnt there been an integrated cheese pump option?
I missed the pump if it was there this weekend, I assumed I would have seen naked people covered in cheese running around late saturday night and yes Im looking at you Mr.Middendorf.

#36 5 years ago

Interested in a potential MB... also BSD.

#37 5 years ago

You're such a dick, Rob.

You can call it a press or you can call it a printer or you can call it direct ink or you can call it next gen. Call it anything you want, but it's all pretty much the same thing. However, the quality you get is determined by the quality of the "printer" you're using and my guy has one you don't find at very many print shops.

Quoted from Borygard:

"Press"; you're cute Bryan. In order to be a press, you need to be "pressing", it's a printer.
Awesome work as usual my friend, beautiful cabinet!
--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

No. Shipping would be extra.

Excellent work as always Bryan! It is great to see innovation and improvement be incorporated into restoration. Would the shipping include a personal visit from Mr. Kelly?

Brad

#39 5 years ago

BOP

Let me know when it's ready.

#40 5 years ago

Whitewater!

#41 5 years ago

For you, Brad, I'll even bring the cheese pump!!

Quoted from jellikit:

Excellent work as always Bryan! It is great to see innovation and improvement be incorporated into restoration. Would the shipping include a personal visit from Mr. Kelly?
Brad

#42 5 years ago

So for those of use who's rubbed up on a WOZLE cabinet is the feel and look pretty similar to that?

#43 5 years ago

I would like a FT cabinet. The bottom of mine is about to fall out. Do you plan to sell your prototype?

#44 5 years ago

Yup. Where do you think I got the idea.

Quoted from Aurich:

So for those of use who's rubbed up on a WOZLE cabinet is the feel and look pretty similar to that?

#45 5 years ago

Bryan, what do you expect shipping to cost to California?

#46 5 years ago

The other reason I did FT is because my buddy has one just like yours and this one will be going to him. This cabinet, and any other early WPC cabs I do, will have the cross brace installed to keep the transformer off the bottom.

Quoted from boo32:

I would like a FT cabinet. The bottom of mine is about to fall out. Do you plan to sell your prototype?

#47 5 years ago

Sorry, but I haven't gotten to that point yet.

Quoted from Jvspin:

Bryan, what do you expect shipping to cost to California?

#48 5 years ago

Any chance of you doing the older Bally titles such as Medusa?

#49 5 years ago

A flat pack and easy to assemble system would be cool. Hey if I can build something from Ikea.....

Looks great

#50 5 years ago

Looks great!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 399.95
$ 16.00
There are 199 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside