Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 62 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by DK
  • Topic is favorited by 85 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 12 months ago
Quoted from slochar:

It's OK if you would need to get up to speed on the environment. Since I'm already familiar with it it's a lot easier for me.
No need to be rude btw. Not everyone is in things for money only. Also when you don't charge you can set your own timeline. I find money being the end result of all interactions tedious. Maybe what he wants done is too much... Maybe it isn't. Like you said, you value your time more. I value my satisfaction more, and my own knowledge furthering.
Fwiw I responded to him in the original thread he asked before he posted he wanted to pay... I guess he didn't see it there.

Not all interactions are about money, but why am I going to spend my time on someone else's passion project? I can further my knowledge wor king on my own projects. If this were all about money I would not be in the habit of resurrecting machines which have been parted out. Currently a silverball, black hole, and Bally Star Trek. It doesn't pay, but I get satisfaction from it.

Congrats on enjoying doing your good deed. It's not unreasonable for someone to be paid for work. You don't ask a mechanic to do things in the side for next to nothing. The same goes of any other profession. After a long day of staring at a screen some of us desire to do something else unless we are compensated accordingly.

#52 12 months ago

So.... We agree except on what our passions are. I get satisfaction from this particular experience... You don't. I'm over the take parts machines and save them, BTDT. I still have a couple of those to complete but as a hobby I do it when I feel like it. I wouldn't try to put someone off doing what they like though... That's what your into, great. I'm into something else.

2 months later
#53 9 months ago

So, I see there is a tournament- no steal - for Police Force. Any chance the unlimited millions can be altered? I don't do code, but seems like a relatively easy fix.?

I was considering purchasing this game, and "new code" would probably complete the transaction.

Maybe this is already done or in the works?

3 weeks later
#54 8 months ago
Quoted from RonSS:

So, I see there is a tournament- no steal - for Police Force. Any chance the unlimited millions can be altered? I don't do code, but seems like a relatively easy fix.?
I was considering purchasing this game, and "new code" would probably complete the transaction.
Maybe this is already done or in the works?

Why would you alter the unlimited millions? It's a skillful shot, not awarded by randomness. The tournament mods code that people do is mostly for fairness, not for kneecapping a legit scoring opportunity.

#55 8 months ago
Quoted from slochar:

Why would you alter the unlimited millions? It's a skillful shot, not awarded by randomness. The tournament mods code that people do is mostly for fairness, not for kneecapping a legit scoring opportunity.

Makes the game play too long, and isn't interesting to watch/etc. There are many games with some level of unfair randomness that TDs would rather use than police force

1 month later
#56 6 months ago

These were in progress but are now listed as AVAILABLE

Newly added Available mods:

New added In Progress mods:

updated with new framework:

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#57 6 months ago

Whirlwind 2.0 is not by me I just posted the announcement thread

#59 6 months ago
Quoted from cait001:

New added In Progress mods:

Mousin' Around! (1989, Bally) - code update: The Cat's Meow by idealjoker - IN PROGRESS https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-cat-s-meow-a-new-home-rom-for-bad-cats

Bad Cats, not Mousin’ Around

#60 6 months ago

thank you all for the corrections.

Added Slochar's Galaxy

• Galaxy (1980, Stern) - 7 digits + new rules by slochar - AVAILABLE https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-galaxy-code-disassembly/page/4#post-7448296

Corrected to Bad Cats
    Changed Whirlwind mod to Pedretti

• #61 6 months ago

Adding:

• Flash Gordon (1981, Bally) - Flash Gordon 2023 by dpannell - AVAILABLE https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flash-gordon-2023

• 2 weeks later
    #62 6 months ago

Hey I wanted to check out Mata Hari rom but site came back as 404
    Anyone got a link? Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
    $ 49.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    FlipMods

$ 29.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
    Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
    Eproms
    Pinballrom

$ 1.25
    Lighting - Led
    Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
    Eproms
    Pinballrom

$ 29.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Mod Co.

$ 400.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields

$ 84.99
    Cabinet - Decals
    FlyLand Designs

$ 35.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    UpKick Pinball

26,000 (OBO)
    Machine - For Sale
    Auckland, NZ
    Pinball Machine
    Paradise Distribution

$ 15.00
    Playfield - Other
    RobTune

$ 35.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 250.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
    Rocket City Pinball

$ 38.00
    Boards
    PinballReplacementParts

$ 12.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
    Eproms
    Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
    Corbin, KY
    Great pinball charity
    Pinball Edu
    There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/revisiting-the-classics-new-code-megathread/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.