Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 517 posts
  • 185 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by pindel
  • Topic is favorited by 98 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3015 (resized).jpg
    42BE77D3-B1F3-463E-83F5-2751823D7222 (resized).jpeg
    2ED9E7D4-CB34-428D-84EE-EC7DDD530566 (resized).jpeg
    EF7E8FD6-B99F-4DF4-B433-48DFEE34E394 (resized).jpeg
    099C4357-28D7-4CF3-919F-E7ED75CCDF2A (resized).jpeg
    4B8C486B-0B3F-4B0C-8747-4294E12DD0E1 (resized).jpeg
    7AD191E9-7F90-4B19-BAA4-C8F9BCBB7647 (resized).jpeg
    20201130_110021 (resized).jpg
    7707CFEA-9D91-4A1F-99DE-C2EC62A8ADE7 (resized).jpeg
    EC5B0ED4-31C4-4C8A-942F-3B24019D6BF5 (resized).jpeg
    2B4E2A02-3AA2-4F0D-8A43-A54A35E863E9 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7413D (resized).jpeg
    0E3883F4-7D70-4FAB-AFF6-3CF9714F7587 (resized).jpeg
    AF67548E-DAE5-43B1-A074-2D9F510CD105 (resized).jpeg
    99BCA700-8E8C-4870-A6A2-F36C509469DC (resized).jpeg
    A9158694-015C-41C1-B85F-987FDB085FCA (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kerry_richard.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#77 5 years ago

Your TAXI looks sharp!

I'd be interested in Indiana Jones, Mousin Around & Bad Cats.

1 month later
    #112 5 years ago

I'd be interested in BSD... let me know.

Thanks
    Kerry

#117 5 years ago
    Quoted from Highclasspinball:

I have bsd in stock...

Where do I see / purchase them?

3 months later
    #193 4 years ago

I recently purchased (2) sets BSD & FT. I'd be in for IJ for sure and possibly Getaway HSII.

#202 4 years ago
    Quoted from mollyspub:

Those hideous siderails have to go and why would you use those protectors under the legs ? The decals will become wrinkled.

I like the chrome side rails.

I agree: don't use those protectors... you'll be sorry! I suggest the small metal ones, that don't allow the legs to touch the side art.

#208 4 years ago
    Quoted from joeraptor2003:

They are Mustang Pauls Light Up leg protectors. Try them they are awesome!

Cool... not for me tho.

#211 4 years ago
    Quoted from Gov:

Another vote for Indy 500.

Yes... me too, Indy-500

#214 4 years ago

Yep, me too for IJ

2 weeks later
    #225 4 years ago

Indiana Jones... I'm in!

5 months later
    #247 4 years ago

Mirco...

I went to your website, for Taxi Rad-Cals. You have 9 listed there, but I don't see taxi. https://mircoplayfields.com/en/c/rad-cals-cabinet-art

Can you provide additional info?

Thanks
    Kerry

#250 4 years ago

Great Thanks Mirco...

BTW: I've bought 2 sets of Rad-Cals from you and 2 playfields.

I'm in on your IJ Playfield & side art.

I sent you a PM asking about a couple others... can you get back to me on those?

Thank You!
    Kerry

#252 4 years ago

Help from anyone...

Am I in / on the wrong Mircoplayfields / Highclasspinball website, to locate and purchase Taxi Rad-Cals?

There are only 9 Rad-Cals here. If you go to the home page, search Taxi, the only 2 things that come up are 2 different playfields (Lola & Marilyn).

Here's the link: https://mircoplayfields.com/en/c/rad-cals-cabinet-art

Let me know.
    Thank You!
    Kerry

3 weeks later
    #277 4 years ago

ZEN... Thanks for vid of Taxi Prep. I'm anxious for your next chapter.

I'm also redoing my Taxi. I've been in touch with Mirco for purchase of Taxi & Indian Jones RadCals. I'm waiting on IJ, so he can send them all together in same shipment.

Kerry

#280 4 years ago
    Quoted from ZEN:

if you want me to show something on the next video, pt 5, just ask me here

ZEN... I've only seen the first 2 parts of your TAXI you-tube vids. How can I/we see the others? I know how to get on You-Tube... but not sure what to search for.

Let me know.
    Thanks
    Kerry

EDIT: I found them

3 months later
    #321 3 years ago

I have 4 sets of Rad-Cals waiting to be installed: Taxi / FT / BSD & IJ

I wasn't planning on painting a base coat on cabinets / heads... but now I'm thinking differently

#326 3 years ago
    Quoted from yaksplat:

Keep in mind that the exposed areas that aren't covered by the radcals should preferably match the radcal.

Yes, good point... I was planning on painting the corners, top & inside of the head, before installation. I think I'll end up painting the whole cabinet & head, before installation of Rad-Cals.

1 month later
    #345 3 years ago

Toucanf16... your TAF looks awesome!!!

Questions:

1) As mentioned; does the RadCals go up to the bottom of glass rail or is there a tiny bit left to tuck under it?
    2) Were the head bolt holes precut, or did you drill them. I've seen picts of a Whirlwind with them recessed and no bolts showing. I'm on the fence with which way I prefer.
    3) Any tips, tricks or suggestions to offer for a better / easier application?

I've purchased 4 sets of RadCals and will be doing my first one in about a week or 2.

Thanks!
    Kerry Richard

#346 3 years ago

Toucanf16...

BTW: I see your Whirlwind in the background. From a distance, the cabinet looks beautiful. Is it original cab, re-decaled or RadCals?

Kerry

#348 3 years ago

Your game looks beautiful! Can't wait to install mine.

#351 3 years ago
    Quoted from yaksplat:

Keep in mind that every bolt puts pressure on the surface of the radcal and will create distortion on the surface. That's why I recessed my bolts on the whirlwind. The bolts are also for reinforcement and would never have to be removed.

Very good points! I just redid my Taxi (decals, then 4 coats of auto-clear), only to have small donut sized rings around 2 of the head bolts. I even backed the pressure off those 2 bolts, but donuts would lie down (finger massage them down) and always come back

2 weeks later
    #359 3 years ago
    Quoted from bobukcat:

Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Very good points! I just redid my Taxi (decals, then 4 coats of auto-clear), only to have small doughnut sized rings around 2 of the head bolts. I even backed the pressure off those 2 bolts, but donuts would lie down (finger massage them down) and always come back

@bobukat for clarification to the Pinside Fans...
    I got a few doughnut sized rings around the bolts on my "Decaled cabinet with 4 coats of auto-clear", not on RadCals. I just wanted to be sure there was no misunderstanding. With that said: I do own 4 sets of RadCals and haven't installed them yet.

Kerry

1 month later
    #367 3 years ago

I too would fill them and paint the cabinet & head a solid color. Did you see the IJ install where he didn't paint first? You can see the original artwork and he was off about 1/2" from original.

#369 3 years ago

I'm doing 3 RadCals: Taxi (yellow under) / Indiana Jones (Black) and Bad Cats (Black? / Orange?) not sure yet.

I don't think you could be wrong with either Black or White. But I'd recommend you seeing those picts of IJ. I just don't know where they are, otherwise I'd repost them.

#373 3 years ago

I'm going to paint my IJ all black before installation of RadCals

6 months later
    #432 3 years ago

Buy a new coin door, sell the old one at a slight discount

5 months later
    #465 2 years ago

Re: cutting holes for flipper buttons, start buttons etc on the Rad Cals.

EZPZ, Crisp, Quick and Clean. Simply drill a small pilot hole and drop this Flush Cut router bit in. Clean flush cuts in seconds!

I use the smallest flush cut ball bearing I could find on the Net. Amana Tool MR0105 Miniature 3/16 D Flush Trim with 3/16 D Ball Bearing x 7/16 CH x 1/8 Inch SHK Carbide Tipped Router Bit

https://www.toolstoday.com/v-12109-mr0105.html?glCountry=US&glCurrency=USD&ne_ppc_id=1701009076&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIjJWbvs7u7QIVyhOtBh0OOQe9EAQYASABEgIDBvD_BwE

I also purchased this for my Dremel. It works beautifully. I showed my 2 buddies and they used the one that came with their Dremel with similar results.

https://www.stewmac.com/luthier-tools-and-supplies/types-of-tools/routers-and-bits/routers/precision-router-base/?lac_guid=1d39d0ff-2c49-eb11-8102-ecb1d775572b&utm_campaign=EMAIL-ORD&utm_medium=Email&utm_source=Order_Confirmation

Hope this is helpful
    Kerry

#469 2 years ago

Tip: The ball bearing on this little flush mount route bit is very sensitive. Meaning: if there is a small burr inside the hole you're attempting to route on the RadCals... it will reflect that small burr (bump) on the RadCal.

With that said: I simply take sand paper and smooth out the inside of the holes. This is done before the RadCals are installed and I spray paint the inside holes black. That way, the ball bearing will have smooth sailing, while doing its job.

It's very clean, quick and an extremely smooth cut.

Kerry

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kerry_richard.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/revised-rad-cals-for-many-more-wms-games?tu=kerry_richard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.