Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 517 posts
  • 185 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 days ago by pindel
  • Topic is favorited by 98 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3015 (resized).jpg
    42BE77D3-B1F3-463E-83F5-2751823D7222 (resized).jpeg
    2ED9E7D4-CB34-428D-84EE-EC7DDD530566 (resized).jpeg
    EF7E8FD6-B99F-4DF4-B433-48DFEE34E394 (resized).jpeg
    099C4357-28D7-4CF3-919F-E7ED75CCDF2A (resized).jpeg
    4B8C486B-0B3F-4B0C-8747-4294E12DD0E1 (resized).jpeg
    7AD191E9-7F90-4B19-BAA4-C8F9BCBB7647 (resized).jpeg
    20201130_110021 (resized).jpg
    7707CFEA-9D91-4A1F-99DE-C2EC62A8ADE7 (resized).jpeg
    EC5B0ED4-31C4-4C8A-942F-3B24019D6BF5 (resized).jpeg
    2B4E2A02-3AA2-4F0D-8A43-A54A35E863E9 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7413D (resized).jpeg
    0E3883F4-7D70-4FAB-AFF6-3CF9714F7587 (resized).jpeg
    AF67548E-DAE5-43B1-A074-2D9F510CD105 (resized).jpeg
    99BCA700-8E8C-4870-A6A2-F36C509469DC (resized).jpeg
    A9158694-015C-41C1-B85F-987FDB085FCA (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ZEN.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#53 5 years ago

How does the rad calls handle scratches, bumps, etc. These look great, but I'm concerned around start buttons, plungers etc.. if scratched, how do you rectify them?

7 months later
    #220 4 years ago

If we order some before expo can you bring em with you?

5 months later
    #245 4 years ago

Highclasspinball If someone wanted to buy a set of Taxi Rad Cal's, how does one do this? Are they available?

#248 4 years ago

I too couldn't find them in your pinsider shop either (taxi) If you have them in stock, send me an invoice please and I will pick up a set today. Assuming they are the same price as the one in the pinside shop. Thanks Highclasspinball

#253 4 years ago
    Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Help from anyone...
    Am I in / on the wrong Mircoplayfields / Highclasspinball website, to locate and purchase Taxi Rad-Cals?
    There are only 9 playfields here. If you go to the home page, search Taxi, the only 2 things that come up are 2 different playfileds (Lola & Marilyn).
    Here's the link: https://mircoplayfields.com/en/c/rad-cals-cabinet-art
    Let me know.
    Thank You!
    Kerry

I am having a hard time buying these as well..you are on the correct site, not updated...

1 week later
    #258 4 years ago

So I did get my rad cals, for Taxi. I am currently prepping my cabinet, and making repairs, etc. There is not a lot of info out there on installation, I was curious what you cut this material with, i saw a dremel or a drill bit or scissors, does anyone have a special tool for that? I will make a youtube install video for posterity.
    -One other thing I noticed, the taxi rad cals are cabinet height, so you cant put them on without taking off the rails, drilling button holes, etc, I prefer this actually but wanted to mention that.

2 weeks later
    #276 4 years ago

So I bought some Rad Cal's for my taxi. There were really no proper how tos, other than peel em off and stickem!! I am usually more thorough than that and wanted more.

I went ahead and started filming several parts of prep and installation. It has been a process, and I have learned a lot. Here is a link to part 1.. noting that on my YouTube channel are the other parts, Should be just a few more as I am close to being done

This is a cool product, but to look good, you probably need do some prep... To some degree.. my 2c

#278 4 years ago
    Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

ZEN... Thanks for vid of Taxi Prep. I'm anxious for your next chapter.
    I'm also redoing my Taxi. I've been in touch with Mirco for purchase of Taxi & Indian Jones RadCals. I'm waiting on IJ, so he can send them all together in same shipment.
    Kerry

No sweat, I have done 4 parts so far, see my YouTube channel for the others, I have a few more to do.

Anyone, if you want me to show something on the next video, pt 5, just ask me here or on IM...

1 week later
    #287 4 years ago

Finished my last vid on the Taxi installation. Really not too bad to install, my takeaways:
    - prep your cabinet. Fix dents ,cracks holes, it's worth it. If you are sticking over existing decals do you best to have no air underneath..
    -trim the decal prior to sticking it down
    -focus on precut art areas and the front two corners for fitting.
    - they do look great, not factory but very nice alternative

#289 4 years ago
    Quoted from paynemic:

Tell me why to fix cab dings? I kind of thought that was the big advantage of these. Can you see the dings through the radcal?

It's like not fixing rust when you paint your car, it looks good at first, but eventually I believe you will see it. Air pockets underneath these decals probably won't age well.

Still, far less prep, you cab does not need to be glass smooth, but take the time to prep, u Will be happier.

#291 4 years ago
    Quoted from MMP:

I appreciate the video and feel a bit more level-set on these. Seems they would not be any easier for me to properly install than cabinet decals.

Everyone's skill level/comfort level is different. I have put on decals several times. Rad Cal's are MUCH easier to install, and that being said, you could stick them on out of the box and have a better looking game. I started with a dinged up game, now it looks awesome, but I did more prep. This is why I made videos, so other could see. Lots of folks wouldn't care about some of my concerns so it would go much faster for them.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ZEN.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/revised-rad-cals-for-many-more-wms-games?tu=ZEN and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.