Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,945 posts
  • 325 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by kyinwa
  • Topic is favorited by 188 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3125 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3126 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3127 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3129 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3128 (resized).jpeg
    70200477285__4506A207-1186-4D98-9B84-C6E9DFB6AD0C (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1648 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1651 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6936 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6938 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6932 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2794 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2795 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2793 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2792 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0938 (resized).jpeg (©  Of my)

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1246 Flipper measurements Posted by DiabloRush (1 year ago)

Post #1320 Settings database links. Posted by Ollulanus (1 year ago)

Post #2055 Install procedure on a JJP Guns 'n Roses. Posted by fooflighter (1 year ago)

Post #2099 TECH: ASSEMBLY Fix for flipper that won't clamp Posted by Duster72 (1 year ago)

Post #2541 Flipper removal process Posted by 1956PINHEAD (8 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zahner.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#298 1 year ago
    Quoted from Frax:

...It's Pinside. Unless you're making an expensive mod that will break at a cat's fart, you're not going to get a pass on anything. This is a hobby full of arrogant rich entitled dudes. Literally the "Karen HQ" of entertainment hobbies along with boating, cigar smoking, car collecting, and watches. At least there were a few sane individuals pointing out the minor expense to try them out. Got people on here paying 15k for a damn machine and 4k for a bloody gold leaf'ed topper bitching about 150 buck flippers.......f00kin' ridiculous. At least when I posted on the dude's fancy Godzilla add on, I just said it was too much for me to afford right now and moved on.

Ha! By Jove, I think he’s got it!

#301 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Hi All, I thought I'd take a couple minutes to give everyone a little behind the scenes look at the machines I use to manufacture my Flipper bats and bushings, and provide an update on the timing for the release of the next production run.
    It's been two weeks since I sold out the first run, I want to thank all who posted in this forum, and for sharing your thoughts. There are many more from the first run who have yet to post in here, but I'm certain more will as time goes on.
    For those who have sent me PM's wanting me to alert them when kits are back in stock I want you to know I'm working very hard to get the next run of parts completed. I estimate having everything back in stock August 12th. I will follow-up with sending PM's to all that have reached out to me to confirm in advance.
    A quick note about the machines pictured. These are HAAS 3 axis CNC machines capable of 12,000 RPM spindle speeds. When combined with the proper cutters this modern high speed machining technology allows me to produce parts at faster rates with finishes that require minimal hand finishing. The photo of the flipper bats just off the machine (in the raw) shows just how complete they are after machining. Both the flipper bats and the bushings start out as blanks of solid aluminum which are then profiled to shape, drilled, tapped, pocketed, bored, reamed, and inspected before being sent to hand finishing.
    I hope you enjoyed this little behind the scene look at how this product comes together.
    Thanks,
    John
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I'm guessing you didn't get this with a coupon at Harbor Freight. Thanks for the look. Definitely going to pm you re notice. Want to get a set and try them out.

2 weeks later
    #401 1 year ago

So I added a set of these to my Houdini. First flipper was a bit of work. Second was simple. Reason was what I discover in the photo showing the underside of the flipper mounting plate. Guess what happens when you try to unscrew something held in by a locknut that you do not know is there. It busted. I could not get the thing out once I took out the flipper assembly and ultimately had to drill the stupid thing out. The locknut kept spinning, but would not come off and the bolt was frozen. Well, boo hoo me and that's not why I'm posting.

If you are installing these babies in a Houdini and perhaps other AP pins, I offer the following tips that should only augment the instructions that come with the flippers:

1. Plan on removing the entire flipped mech, plate and all. Really super simple. Just unplug the solenoid, loosen the clamp on the shaft and lift out the flipper. Unscrew the EOS switch assembly if one has been installed [an addition available from AP] and let it dangle there and then unscrew the plate. Boom - done.

2. I took the flipper assembly apart for a couple of reasons which will become clear. Take off the coil stop and take out the solenoid and crank assembly. It's just easier and takes just a second to put back together [take photos and there is a diagram on the AP site in the Houdini manual if all else fails]. This makes it easier to get at the bushing and you will need to caveman open the damn shaft clamp, so this affords a better opportunity to do that with all fingers intact.

3. First remove the locknuts on the underside of the plate holding the bushing. Then just unscrew the three bolts. I put in new. just do the reverse to install the new bushing.

4. Get a big screwdriver and hammer to pry open the shaft clamp on the crank assembly otherwise the new shaft simply will not fit. With it out of the solenoid and off the flipper assembly it's pretty simple to get it to split apart. I took off the Flipper Spring Retaining Bracket, The thick washer, the Locking Stud Bolt, and the locking nut. Once again very simple to get apart and together, just made the banging and splitting with the screwdriver nice and easy.

The rest is just following the included instructions after you put the flipper assembly back together. The second flipper took me about 30 minutes to remove, take apart/reassemble/modify with the new parts and put back in the game. Really simple if you are anticipating the dang locknuts on the back of the flipper plate. Sorry if these instructions are a bit verbose. Most of what I did is really instinctive if you have been doing this for a long time. It is really very simple.

I used that red clamp to grab on to the end of the shaft that stuck out of the clamp. It held it place and helped me adjust the vertical play that's described in the instructions.

Oh, and the game plays great with them installed. I'll have to adjust the power a bit, but I too am more regularly hitting shots. I had the new right flipper installed and compared it to the regular factory right flipper. Way tighter and more accurate.

Anyway, for all those millions of Houdini owners out there, I hope this helps.
    IMG_2843 (resized).jpgIMG_2843 (resized).jpgIMG_2847 (resized).jpgIMG_2847 (resized).jpg

#549 1 year ago

Okay, can’t resist
    FineLines
    Battle Bats

Ding Bats and the Cassiopia omega fusion whatever + suggestions should get at least an Allen wrench if not a set of bats for “most entertaining.”

#682 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

And the Winner's are:
    spspencer and PinZig. I decided to combine two of the suggestions into the winning name, Post # 469 for 'HALO', and Post #557 for 'Graphic', hence the name: HALOGRAPHIC-PRO.
    I also picked two names out of the bunch as Honorable Mentions, they are: 'Hollow Points' Post #523 by Blackjacker, and 'Neo Casssiopeia Fission Omega Ion Blasters' Post # 531 by PoMC.
    Thanks again to everyone who participated in this little friendly competition. The above Pinsider's have won themselves a set of 'HALOGRAPHIC-PRO'S!
    I'll reach out to the winners and coordinate with them for sending out their new flipper bats.
    John

Congratulations to the winners! Great name. Still love the runners up 'Neo Casssiopeia Fission Omega Ion Blasters'

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zahner.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/review-precision-pinball-products-cnc-flipper-system?tu=zahner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.