Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,945 posts
  • 325 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 21 hours ago by kyinwa
  • Topic is favorited by 189 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3125 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3126 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3127 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3129 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3128 (resized).jpeg
    70200477285__4506A207-1186-4D98-9B84-C6E9DFB6AD0C (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1648 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1651 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6936 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6938 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6932 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2794 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2795 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2793 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2792 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0938 (resized).jpeg (©  Of my)

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1246 Flipper measurements Posted by DiabloRush (1 year ago)

Post #1320 Settings database links. Posted by Ollulanus (1 year ago)

Post #2055 Install procedure on a JJP Guns 'n Roses. Posted by fooflighter (1 year ago)

Post #2099 TECH: ASSEMBLY Fix for flipper that won't clamp Posted by Duster72 (1 year ago)

Post #2541 Flipper removal process Posted by 1956PINHEAD (7 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider purbeast.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1557 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Quick update for everyone. My new keyed shaft link arm clamp mod is now available and in stock for ordering, I will begin shipping tomorrow. For those who plan to purchase and install please post some photo's (after installation) in their respective game threads so others will be aware, I'd really appreciate it.
    Again sorry this mod took me a little longer than I had anticipated to get released, but its defenitly worth it.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Do you plan on offering any full kits in the store that includes these?

Like 2/3 flipper sets that include the flippers, bushings, keyed shaft, and keyed clamp?

#1577 1 year ago

Anyone have the metal/silver halo's installed on Godzilla? I'm curious how it looks. Seems like it could go good with the mecha theme.

#1581 1 year ago

broada OSUBuckeye98 thanks for the pics.

I have light blue rubbers and am thinking that the silver would probably look the best with it if I go with these flippers. I think it would contrast the best with silver. However the gold does look good too and the blue looks good with stock yellow flippers, which are kinda close to the gold color in a way.

#1588 1 year ago
    Quoted from DiabloRush:

I have light blue rubber on my GZ with green flippers. Looks fantastic in person.
    [quoted image]

Damn that does look great!

Wonder what green halos would look like with light blue.

#1591 1 year ago

Yeah after seeing the green in GZ with light blue rubbers, that is the direction I'd definitely go personally but I like the halos over the solid ones.

2 weeks later
    #1732 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbrave77:

Yea nothing at Hd or lowes. They dont have the black ones with the deep hex hole

These are the ones I got at HD that were basically direct replacements.

screw (resized).jpgscrew (resized).jpg

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-10-32-x-3-4-in-Hex-Socket-Head-Stainless-Steel-Socket-Cap-Screw-2-Pack-805278/204274328

#1762 1 year ago

1956PINHEAD just wanted to clarify something with ordering...

If I am buying a fully new set (bats, clamps, shafts, bushings) to replace my stock ones on GZ, and I want the new key shaft, I need to order 3 of the "Link Arm For New Flipper Kit (Stern)" and then also a second item of "HALOGRAPHIC-PRO 3 Flipper Kit with shaft Bushings" correct?

I read your description but just wanted to be sure that I am doing it right and I won't receive 2 shafts for each flipper and only the keyed one.

(getting ready for the green halos and want to be sure I order the right stuff)

#1768 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

purbeast Yes you have that correct. If you order any flipper kit and also order the Link Arm/keyed shaft and Clamp system for New Flipper kit the kit (or kits) will come with the correct shafts and the cost is adjusted so that your are not paying for the standard round shafts that would normally come with the kits.
    Green and Purple are going into the tanks for coloring end of next week. Hope to have them in about 10 days.

Awesome and thanks!

I'll most likely place an order for a set of the green halos as soon as you post them available in this thread.

And if you are able to, feel free to hold 3 of them for me for my GZ as well

#1793 1 year ago
    Quoted from eyeamred2u:

I agree, I switched from Titan low bounce back to soft rubber, Control is spot on.

I have low bounce on my pins right now but plan to try out the halos once the green ones are released.

You have a link to these "soft rubber" ones you are referring to?

And are you saying that stock flippers + titan low bounce feel similar to halos + soft rubber ones?

2 weeks later
    #1859 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Available soon.
    [quoted image]

Got any pics of the green ones?

#1894 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mattyk:

Got my Halos today! Nice job with the packaging and highly detailed instructions! Gonna install these tonight on GZ
    [quoted image]

Only 2 flippers though?

#1954 1 year ago
    Quoted from DiabloRush:

Just got a set of the Halos in Green. Perfect fit for my GZ. [quoted image][quoted image]

Nice.

That is the combo I've been waiting for to make the plunge.

#1957 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Green will be available when my store pages go active next week, as will all the other colors.
    [quoted image]

Are the halo's and solids different shades of green, or is it just the lighting in that pic?

#1972 1 year ago

I am definitely getting key's shafts when I get a set. I've replaced flippers on my JP and it is a pain in the ass to get it tight enough. I've even stripped screws trying to get it tight enough and had to go to HD and get some new ones. Then you can tighten it TOO much that the clamp bends, which I thought I did but I think I bent it back.

#1980 1 year ago

Just placed an order for the green halos for GZ. I look forward to trying em out. And I honestly like them just for asthetics even if they didn't change the gameplay lol.

If they make that much of a difference, I may order some for my JP after to replace my LED flippers on there.

#1985 1 year ago
    Quoted from rmf-pinball:

Keyed shafts are "key". Easy to tighten, work like a charm. Do NOT understand why ALL shafts aren't this way.

It's pretty simple lol - you wouldn't be able to adjust the flipper angle.

#1996 1 year ago

Installed my halo's today in GZ. The only word of advice I'd give is the right flipper is easier to change with the playfield upright. I couldn't get a good angle/leverage with it just leaning over the edge but once I got it upright, it was much easier for me.

I only got like 5 minutes of balltime after so I can't really comment on em much yet, but I literally hit the right ramp shot 15 times in a row before I stopped trying lol. So perhaps "more precise".

My flipper power I had already lowered a bit with stock flippers but I definitely could tell the ball was moving a bit faster with these and the same setting. I could tell how fast the ball whipped around the backwall when hitting those right ramp shots that it was just moving noticeably faster.

Anyways, here are some pics I snapped.

IMG_0069 (resized).JPGIMG_0069 (resized).JPGIMG_0070 (resized).JPGIMG_0070 (resized).JPGIMG_0071 (resized).JPGIMG_0071 (resized).JPGIMG_0072 (resized).JPGIMG_0072 (resized).JPGIMG_0073 (resized).JPGIMG_0073 (resized).JPGIMG_0074 (resized).JPGIMG_0074 (resized).JPGIMG_0075 (resized).JPGIMG_0075 (resized).JPGIMG_0076 (resized).JPGIMG_0076 (resized).JPG
    #1998 1 year ago
    Quoted from mostater:

Nice! Did you get the keyed shafts, too?

I did not because they were out of stock.

Honestly though, I'm kind of glad I didn't because it saved me like $80 lol.

And hopefully I never have to tighten them again or anything.

1 week later
    #2058 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ollulanus:

Solid vs halos on Rick and Morty in purple. I had blue on here and actually like that best with the lights up as it matches the squid and is a nice contrast, but the purple is best with the lights out (how I usually play). Seems to be slightly UV reactive, and I've got UV in the apron. Really pops!
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

From pure aesthetics, I like the way the solids look more than the halos on there.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider purbeast.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/review-precision-pinball-products-cnc-flipper-system?tu=purbeast and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.