Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,955 posts
  • 326 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 hours ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 188 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2062 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3125 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3126 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3127 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3129 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3128 (resized).jpeg
    70200477285__4506A207-1186-4D98-9B84-C6E9DFB6AD0C (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1648 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1651 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6936 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6938 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6932 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2794 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2795 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2793 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2792 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1246 Flipper measurements Posted by DiabloRush (1 year ago)

Post #1320 Settings database links. Posted by Ollulanus (1 year ago)

Post #2055 Install procedure on a JJP Guns 'n Roses. Posted by fooflighter (1 year ago)

Post #2099 TECH: ASSEMBLY Fix for flipper that won't clamp Posted by Duster72 (1 year ago)

Post #2541 Flipper removal process Posted by 1956PINHEAD (8 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mostater.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1997 1 year ago
    Quoted from purbeast:

Installed my halo's today in GZ. The only word of advice I'd give is the right flipper is easier to change with the playfield upright. I couldn't get a good angle/leverage with it just leaning over the edge but once I got it upright, it was much easier for me.
    I only got like 5 minutes of balltime after so I can't really comment on em much yet, but I literally hit the right ramp shot 15 times in a row before I stopped trying lol. So perhaps "more precise".
    My flipper power I had already lowered a bit with stock flippers but I definitely could tell the ball was moving a bit faster with these and the same setting. I could tell how fast the ball whipped around the backwall when hitting those right ramp shots that it was just moving noticeably faster.
    Anyways, here are some pics I snapped.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice! Did you get the keyed shafts, too?

#2000 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

mostater Keyed Shaft/Clamps aren't really necessary on Stern Games as long as you crank down the clamp screws really tight like they do at the factory. It's the other game manufacturers that use the B/W style clamps that benefit from installing them.

Ah, I was wondering about that. Thanks!

#2022 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ollulanus:

Threw the gold solids on Zep before sending back for halos for photos in case anyone wants to see what they look like. Pretty sharp!
    [quoted image]
    Have blue halos on there while I wait for the golds, not bad either (and play f'ing fantastic)
    [quoted image]
    Spare silver on the upper flipper, wouldn't be my first choice but it's what I have on hand and maybe others taste varies:
    [quoted image]

Those gold solids look awesome on LZ! I'm sure the gold halos will look great, too, but I probably wouldn't change unless I thought the difference in play was appreciably different.

#2034 1 year ago
    Quoted from Lounge:

I remember somewhere on here someone polished a set of raw halo’s - they looked cool but they don’t come polished.

Post 907 talked about using a stainless steel polisher. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/review-precision-pinball-products-cnc-flipper-system/page/19#post-7152200

3 weeks later
    #2113 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I always have a little giggle when i see people asking what colour bats to use in a particular machine, because i've never had trouble seeing the options in my head.
    But i have to make an order for some little things, and i have a Cirquis Voltaire coming that is at the restoreres for a playfield swap.
    Can anyone advise who has done coloured bats for their machine what they went with?
    Or does anyone with good colouir sense want to have a stab at a bat/rubber combo?
    The lack of art round the flippers is throwing me off. Looks pretty bad really.
    [quoted image]

I'll suggest green bats with yellow or black rubber

2 weeks later
    #2248 1 year ago
    Quoted from awesome1:

Some games you can definitely notice it on. AIQ is a good example. If you play long games or many back to back games over long periods of time, the flippers will fade. My single longest game of pinball is on AIQ at just over 90 minutes.
    I actually have a DIY flipper coil fan thread here on Pinside, but am eager to see John's new product.

I agree that some games are more noticeable. I have it on GZ. Getting the ball up the right ramp becomes harder and harder as the game goes on. Putting in Precsion halos and bushings has helped a lot just by the increased power. So I'm not sure I'm putting fans in that game. However, I have put cooling fans into JJP GNR (thanks Pinmonk) and have never noticed an issue since. That is one multi-ball heavy game so I felt the need there. Black halos look great in that game and I may go that route as well.

BTW, if any mod deserved a twipy, it most definitely was precision flippers and halos, specifically.

#2250 1 year ago

Ooops...snapped the longer, removal screw. What size screw is this... #6 1.5"??

PXL_20230401_220923813 (resized).jpgPXL_20230401_220923813 (resized).jpg
    #2254 1 year ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

You left the Allen head screw in didn't you? I can laugh cuz I bent the hell out of one the first time I adjusted and didn't remove it

Yep...

3 weeks later
    #2370 12 months ago
    Quoted from Duster72:

You guys like pictures? Here you go. For me these are a must have upgrade. Makes playing every game more fun for me.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Agreed! Great mod!!

Quoted from GCS2000:

How many people have put precisions on GZ?
    If so how do you like them?

Silver halos on mine and I like 'em more than a pothead likes cheetos!

1 week later
    #2429 11 months ago
    Quoted from null:

A reddit user reports that some Halographics in an on-location Foo Fighters broke:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/pinball/comments/13by3kw/broken_foo_fighters_pinball_fliper/
    [quoted image]

It's just a flesh wound

3 months later
    #2552 8 months ago
    Quoted from PiNiK:

Hi all
    I am new to owning pins, but have played many over the years. With regards to upgrading the flippers, while I see the advantages for home use, It raises a question for me. How much does this upgrade then take away from playing a standard pin without the flipper upgrade?

All other factors being equal, there will be a slight difference but nothing extreme. That difference will primarily be in power given the tighter tolerances. At least that is my understanding based on observations posted here and what feels like to be the case in my own use of the Halo flippers. I don't feel that it takes away anything at all. Plus, there are so many other variables that impact game play from one machine to the next. I wouldn't be concerned about this mod being the one factor that is the most noticeable.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mostater.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/review-precision-pinball-products-cnc-flipper-system?tu=mostater and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.