Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,967 posts
  • 326 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 hours ago by mIkea
  • Topic is favorited by 188 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2062 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3125 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3126 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3127 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3129 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3128 (resized).jpeg
    70200477285__4506A207-1186-4D98-9B84-C6E9DFB6AD0C (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1648 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1651 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6936 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6938 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6932 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2794 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2795 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2793 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2792 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1246 Flipper measurements Posted by DiabloRush (1 year ago)

Post #1320 Settings database links. Posted by Ollulanus (1 year ago)

Post #2055 Install procedure on a JJP Guns 'n Roses. Posted by fooflighter (1 year ago)

Post #2099 TECH: ASSEMBLY Fix for flipper that won't clamp Posted by Duster72 (1 year ago)

Post #2541 Flipper removal process Posted by 1956PINHEAD (8 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eyeamred2u.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#580 1 year ago

Here Are my suggestions:

Ultra-See Thru
    Magna- Mirrors

1 month later
    #1095 1 year ago
    Quoted from arrbee:

Have you done a test where you turn your fans off and check for fade - now that you have these flippers?
    Some have suggested that it might be less necessary to run cooling...

I turned my fans off to test and fade immediately returned, so PinMonks fans are doing a great job. I have turned my power down, don't have the numbers in front of me, but it is not that much side to side.

1 week later
    #1171 1 year ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’m having more success with the halos as well.

Do you think the Halos allow for better control due to less weight contacting the ball? Now that you have the reference of using the originals? I think these look great on the games, I just got used to them and now I am reading how the Halos are playing, makes me want to buy a set.

1 month later
    #1636 1 year ago
    Quoted from awesome1:

Hmmm, that has not been my experience. I have ~1000 plays on my Godzilla with the original early release solid Precision flips and original bushing design. I've had no issues at all with the flippers getting and staying tight using the top flat head screw and they have never come loose. I always needed the tool to remove them when I changed the angles a few times early on.

I had an issue early on and just unseated and rotated the shaft, then locked it into position(was only one flipper) since then not one issue with moving around. I chalked it up to me being cautious on the install. This product is amazing.

3 weeks later
    #1789 1 year ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I only use soft red rubber, makes it harder to get the ball under control. Halos play well with those.

I agree, I switched from Titan low bounce back to soft rubber, Control is spot on.

#1792 1 year ago

Any Oktoberfest images? Just bought one and was hoping to see some installed.

Ken

2 weeks later
    #1899 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mattyk:

Yeah I wasn’t sure how I’d like them and figured if I did, I could always buy the third when I placed an order for another game.
    I played about 20 games with them. I use Titan low bounce rubbers. I didn’t notice a ton of extra power (my flippers are already turned up a bit), but I could tell they were a bit more powerful. I like that
    Timing is different for live and dead catching but I think I can get used to it. So far so good.
    [quoted image]

Try regular rubber. I had Titan Low bounce, then went to standard rubber and I am not regretting it. Control was much better for dead catching, IMO. chuckwurt gave the recommendation, so I can't take full credit for it, but I will not go back to anything else when using the Precision flippers, including the Halos.

5 months later
    #2526 8 months ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Stern hasn't made a game i want since Deadpool.

I felt that same way, then Godzilla hit. Now they are back to making meh's again. However, I still go and play the new pins when they come out, don't want to be a true hater in my old-ish age lol

1 month later
    #2611 7 months ago
    Quoted from Npbassman:

Has anyone installed the gun metal gray Halo's on a GZ yet? If so, can you please post a pic? I'm not into the green or gold colors and I'm going back and forth between the silver (will it stick out too much?) and the gray. I'm also considering red, but I wonder if that will blend into the rest of the playfield too much. Decisions, decisions...

I considered Red, however for me the PF already had a considerable amount of red/orange in the area for me, so I opted for Gold. I think if I had a do over, Silver would be my next choice.

#2613 7 months ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

I had to switch back to regular rubber because I was blowing through so much Titan rubber on my precision flippers.
    It seems to really vary by title. Godzilla was normal wear... Deadpool would chew through titans in 2 weeks of play.
    Titans in general I don't find to be that long lasting. They are nice in looks and cleaning.. but they deform and thin out on the narrow end.. and tend to split prematurely in location play. I can't be rotating rubber rings multiple times a week.

Here, here for regular rubber on flippers!

#2621 7 months ago
    Quoted from Npbassman:

Thank you! Its great to see them on the playfield so I can visualize it. I appreciate it!

The Silver Halos are the BOMB!

2 months later
    #2734 4 months ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

On the fence here and I'm sure it has been enumerated before, but which version plays/feels best (whatever your interpretation of that is) and/or closer to original bats. For those who have played both, what is your preference and why? From all the photos posted I find the halo-graphic bats to be a visual distraction to me (i.e. looking through them to a deeper perspective and seeing the playfield art), so I think I'm leaning more towards the solid ones.

I prefer the solid ones over the Halos. The Halos have the smallest, and I mean smallest amount of difference or feel to them, but to the novice person, they would not feel it. I agree, Halos distract when I play, but that may be bcuz I am older and my vision is terrible, lol. Or, maybe I just like the old school look of the solid flipper bat. They are both amazing products and I am glad I have them on my machines.

Ken

3 months later
    #2836 43 days ago
    Quoted from swinks:

problem that I saw a little while back was the extended bats colours (on your website) didn't suit Ghostbusters and colours are not shown on pinside, hence why I went to the website and reached out that way.
    If I go to the extended option here on pinside - there is no colour choice ? hence why I am puzzled of how to move forward.

I always PM here if I am puzzled Jady. I have had good comminication and even better results from this team.

Ken

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eyeamred2u.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/review-precision-pinball-products-cnc-flipper-system?tu=eyeamred2u and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.