Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,955 posts
  • 326 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 minutes ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 188 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2062 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3125 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3126 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3127 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3129 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3128 (resized).jpeg
    70200477285__4506A207-1186-4D98-9B84-C6E9DFB6AD0C (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1648 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1651 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6936 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6938 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6932 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2794 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2795 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2793 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2792 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1246 Flipper measurements Posted by DiabloRush (1 year ago)

Post #1320 Settings database links. Posted by Ollulanus (1 year ago)

Post #2055 Install procedure on a JJP Guns 'n Roses. Posted by fooflighter (1 year ago)

Post #2099 TECH: ASSEMBLY Fix for flipper that won't clamp Posted by Duster72 (1 year ago)

Post #2541 Flipper removal process Posted by 1956PINHEAD (8 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider enchantress.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#565 1 year ago

Combats
    Simply precision
    Flipper slipper

#592 1 year ago

Waiting for all color options in the cut out version……Want to drop any teasers on your upcoming offerings??

2 weeks later
    #851 1 year ago
    Quoted from DiabloRush:

I've been nagging John to do another anodization (color) run on both the miniflippers and the Halographic Pros. It's not cheap, unfortunately. To help, perhaps we should list our 3 preferred colors for this. Here's mine:
    Gold
    Red
    Black
    Come on, John. You know you're going to cave and make this happen...

Blue and purple!!

2 weeks later
    #944 1 year ago

Just installed in Metallica this pm and my PSA for this product, “Holy Shit” what a difference. By coincidence it was either all the positive feedback that I’ve read on this thread (positive thoughts) or it was actually these flipper/bushing combos that got me my all time high score. You actually feel the difference in your flipper finger/hand. Looking forward to the Halo experience in the rest of my pins. Cheers to you John for your brilliant contributions to our hobby.

8CD097EF-FC76-4D61-A1F8-8AC938EFF25B (resized).jpeg8CD097EF-FC76-4D61-A1F8-8AC938EFF25B (resized).jpeg
    1 week later
    #991 1 year ago

John these are multi fit for JJP, Stern, CGC etc….obviously with the use of your entire setup correct!?

#993 1 year ago

Did my homework …… It’s all in the varying bushing size grasshopper!! Placing order now.

#998 1 year ago

How many sets of black Halos did you sell out in approx. a couple of hrs?

1 week later
    #1047 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Posting a quick update to let everyone know I dropped off the HALO's to anodizing today. I should have Red, Black, Blue, and Gold all back in stock this Friday. I'll start shipping them out again on Saturday.
    I also wanted to share with everyone that as of last weekend 14 games out on one location have now racked up over 2,300 plays each with my flipper system installed, and all with the original aluminum bushings. The owner and maintainer of the games reports that to date he's had to replace 5 broken return springs with no other mechanical issues. That's over 32,000 combined games played on those 14 machines.

Looks like that R & D was on point!!

2 weeks later
    #1223 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ollulanus:

Actually rather concerning to me, and unfortunate...not as worried about the wear on the bats (you'll only notice if you pull the rubber), but wear on the ball and thus the playfield is concerning. This has happened pretty quick with the Rick and Morty, hard to say on the Zilla.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Wondering if I should remove my low bounce rubbers and go back to thicker standards to attempt to avoid this result?!

#1247 1 year ago

Hopefully someone is compiling all these observations/concerns into a FAQ list so John can get back into his shop where he can continue producing to satisfy all our needs!
    Awaiting the release of the link-arm clamping block so that I can finish installing my remaining sets of Halos.

2 weeks later
    #1439 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Hayfarmer No worries. With your background I can totally relate to what you stated, even with my limited experience with welding (15 years) it's easy to conclude which materials are 'the real thing' and what's full of junk, spitter spatter and so on. I source my raw materials from only one supplier and they all come with certs, even then certs don't mean the material is free of a minor inclusion or localized defect.
    On another note, I wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow with your family and friends. Take time to play a little pinball if you can

Same to you and your family John! You deserve a break from the shop to consume some feathered foul. At least for a couple hrs.......

2 weeks later
    #1554 1 year ago

John are you offering the keyed extended shafts for our upper playfields ie. GnR etc?

1 week later
    #1638 1 year ago

TWD is getting blinged out today! Well walker is in for some tough love!! These link arm clamps are pretty painless to install, only 7 more pins to go!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #1657 1 year ago
    Quoted from DiabloRush:

I installed the longer in my GnR, and I didn't bother with a metal bushing. Same for the mini upper flipper on WOZ.

Just ran into same issue on my GnR with upper playfield, that bushing would need to be about 3 1/4". I hit up John to see if those might be in the works. The standard precision metal bushing wouldn't support that elongated shaft enough, correct!?

1 week later
    #1699 1 year ago

Truly at this point they shouldn't be considered mods, they should be standard issue on all pins. What an F'n difference they really make.

#1706 1 year ago

Hopefully there never comes a point of less expensive outsourced imported knock offs! So paying for the upgrade after the fact knowing where the product is coming from PRICELESS!

1 month later
    #1976 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

jk2171 I should have them back in stock in about two weeks.
    Thanks,
    John

John sounds like this “little” project of yours has become your new day AND nighttime job whether you like it or not. Gotta keep ‘em happy and give ‘em what they want….. or at this point NEED! Cheers to you brother

1 month later
    #2109 1 year ago

Showing my resto some love! John must be in the black doing a little profit sharing with my latest kit! I realize some are old school with our directions but John save yourself some time/money and just post a QR code which takes us to your website for install directions.

IMG_20230315_194635 (resized).jpgIMG_20230315_194635 (resized).jpgIMG_20230315_194703 (resized).jpgIMG_20230315_194703 (resized).jpgIMG_20230315_194759 (resized).jpgIMG_20230315_194759 (resized).jpg
    3 weeks later
    #2299 1 year ago

Has anyone switched their TAF over yet?

2 months later
    #2504 9 months ago

John, any plans on offering mini bats in all colors (green)? ETA on extended shafts?

4 months later
    #2721 4 months ago

John have you been approached by any manufacturer interested in utilizing any part of your system yet? Is this your end goal? Hopefully we never see a cheap Asian copy on any future builds/offerings. Kind of like Stern's Cliffy's on my Rush.

#2725 4 months ago

With the current price of pins the Precision system should have already been implemented.

2 weeks later
    #2750 4 months ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

I Wanted to let everyone know that I'll be shutting down for a few days over the Christmas break. My last day for shipping orders for December will be the 22nd. I will resume shipping January 2nd.
    Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and happy holidays and thank you for all your support of my products.

Enjoy your break John, can’t wait to see what you have in store for us in 2024!

2 months later
    #2855 36 days ago
    Quoted from ASAC_Schrader:

Mikey anxiously awaiting some 2 1/8" blue flippers to finish off Jaws!

Digging the thought of an extra 1/8" inch for my Woz munchkin land! Can't keep that dastardly ball from draining to save my life...

#2859 35 days ago

I’m starting to wonder if Titan’s aren’t ideal/compatible on Precision’s. These are low bounce, if that might make a difference. Have them on all my pins and this has happened several times recently. Torn tip at less than 100 games in! Also this is on a JJP weaker flippered pin. Switched over to Superbands on Woz to confirm durability.
    And yes I loaded tip per Titan!

94AC63E2-621F-49F8-B44B-992AE12FB65E (resized).jpeg94AC63E2-621F-49F8-B44B-992AE12FB65E (resized).jpeg
    #2863 35 days ago

Just heard from Titan and they said their use on Precision flippers are not ideal due to lack of longevity.

#2868 35 days ago
    Quoted from HeronameX:

Thanks for the confirmation. I've experienced the same on my Foo Pro with non-halo Precisions...the tips get mauled. I'm trying to rotate them more frequently now to see if I can get some extra life out of them, but 2-3 sets in, it seems to be a pattern for me.
    Did Titan mention anything about low bounce vs. normal?

No! I've never really had an issue till recently. The only thing that has changed on my side of things is I've started switching over to low bounce. I inquired if something has changed with manufacturing.

12 + 1!

1 week later
    #2902 26 days ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Anyone want to guess what this is?
    [quoted image]

John anticipation is killing me!?!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider enchantress.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/review-precision-pinball-products-cnc-flipper-system?tu=enchantress and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.