Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,965 posts
  • 326 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by 1956PINHEAD
  • Topic is favorited by 188 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2062 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3125 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3126 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3127 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3129 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3128 (resized).jpeg
    70200477285__4506A207-1186-4D98-9B84-C6E9DFB6AD0C (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1648 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1651 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6936 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6938 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6932 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2794 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2795 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2793 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2792 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1246 Flipper measurements Posted by DiabloRush (1 year ago)

Post #1320 Settings database links. Posted by Ollulanus (1 year ago)

Post #2055 Install procedure on a JJP Guns 'n Roses. Posted by fooflighter (1 year ago)

Post #2099 TECH: ASSEMBLY Fix for flipper that won't clamp Posted by Duster72 (1 year ago)

Post #2541 Flipper removal process Posted by 1956PINHEAD (8 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider abe_flips.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1923 1 year ago

Hey there, as I'm prepairing for tournaments I change the pitch of my games and remove rubbers.
    However, the hardest part for me is to adjust to different flipper angles on tournaments.

I was hoping those flippers can help in this regard since i can adjust the angles easily by hand,
    but I want as natural feeling as possibe. I was thinking about NOT istalling the bushings and using
    the halo flippers only for this purpose. So i can easily change the flipperangles and try to get used
    to the new angles as quick as possible.

Regarding the natural feeling. I have seen that the rebound can be quite strong due to the material stiffness.
    Livecatches can be hard for example. Here a little fun example... however, on earlier streams from Joel seen
    in this video, he used the Halo flippers, and those didn't bounce as much?

Anyone can tell me whats the best solution for me? I dont have access to many games here so I have to play at home mostly.

#1926 1 year ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Halos are closer to the feel of regular flippers but are still different.

would you recommend them for my issue with adjusting to different flipper angles?

#1936 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

jonesjb I just emailed you a set of the instructions.
    ABE_FLIPS you can also install the kits and use the plastic OEM bushings, but you'll be giving up a key component of the system that dramatically improves shot accuracy. Also, as others have stated the HALO's can be tweaked to play very close to the same feel for dead bounce and live catches depending on the style and type of flipper rubber used. I can say with 100% confidence after installing you'll look forward to adjusting and experimenting with adjusting flipper angles, its super easy and painless. Oh, and you can change between styles easily too, but that's a given.

Thanks for the information! I'm just not sure if I want that key component of a flawless aim since my goal is to get comfortable with standard and bad adjusted machines. I'm sure it will be helpful to get to super secret wizard modes, but then again... I also can close my outlanes, remove the tilt bob and use a pitch of 6°.
    So why should I want it? Of course I'd be interested how it feels with such a great accuracy.

#1941 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Don't buy it then.
    It hasn't helped my substandard game so much i feel like I'm cheating (as all the other things you said are), that's for sure.

You didn't read my initial comment? There is a reason I was asking for it.

#1946 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I've read all the comments in this thread, but i have the memory of a goldfish and don't remember what each person has said in the past.

I was saying that I have problems to adjust on different flipper angles on tournaments and if this system can help, since I can change the angles fast with it. However, my concern was that the flippers feel different and how it affects the ball and that I want original bounces and not so much the precision thing, thats all.
    So your comment "I should not buy it" makes no sense

Quoted from trecemaneras:

I haven't had mine on a very long time, but I think they're likely to make me a better player because for one, my whirlwind plays faster than it's ever played since I put them on.
    Also, it's been touched on previously in this thread, but I suspect the improved accuracy is going to improve my play as well. I'll use the cellar shot on my whirlwind for an example. With the normal flipper setup, when shooting that shot from the right flipper, the exact center of the flipper was the most likely spot to successfully sink the ball in the scoop... but not always. There were plenty of times I'd flip with the exact right timing and it would brick to the right or left of the scoop. Additionally, there were just as many times where I'd know I flipped either way too early or way too late, but the slop in the system would luck the ball into the hole for me anyway. With the halos and precision bushings, that shot is now consistently 2/3's of the way down the flipper. If I flip early, it misses right, and if I flip late, it misses left. The range of where the ball can be on the flipper for a successful shot is really small now, whereas with the plastic flippers and bushings there was a range of well over half the width of a ball where that shot might well go in.
    I think it's not so much that these new flippers give you flawless aim, it's more that they give you consistent precision. So, yes, on one hand it does make the game easier, in that you no longer get the surprise misses when you've shot with the correct timing, but I would guess that is more than balanced out by the fact that you also never get the false positives where a badly timed flip makes the shot anyway.
    I'm definitely curious what more experienced players and people who've had precisions on their games longer think in comparison to what I'm seeing though.

thanks for the long text, I will give it a shot. If it can help me at least to be aware of the flaws of the precision of standard flippers it's also a win already, since I want to learn as much about those things as possible. I know exactly what you are talking about... I experienced the same failed shots on the whirwind I owned

#1949 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I know English is not your first language Abe, but i have trouble understanding what you are saying in this instance.
    If you change from plain rubber to perfect play or titans it makes "the flippers feel different and how it affects the ball". If you polish the playfield before the game or not it makes the game different.
    If you want original bounces, you need to stick to plain rubber and set the machine up with the manufacturers recommended playfield angle, rather than the angle that makes the game play best.
    So, to me, what you are saying "makes no sense'.
    Respectfully.

No bad feelings, sometimes it's hard to express my thoughts with english language. Here is the original post. I think most people understood it since I got good answers.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/review-precision-pinball-products-cnc-flipper-system/page/39#post-7388363

chuckwurt
    thanks I'll try it!

4 weeks later
    #2092 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

For those who do plan to travel to TPF end of the month here's a photo of me so you can connect the name with a face when you walk up to my booth. And for all my other customers who I've had the pleasure of speaking with on the phone and by PM you can now put a face with the name. Oh, and the other guy needs no introduction, I'm certain you know who that is
    [quoted image]

Wow you are handsome, especially those red shoes looking good

Installed your flippers at my godzilla. Dialed the flipperpower down -15 steps and couldn't get good control over the ball.
    Dialed it down to -17 and now they feel quite good, crazy how little can make such an impact! Try different settings!
    Live catches working again and drop catches are working even better than with the original flippers.
    Still need some time to get used to them. I was a littlebit disapointed with the removing process of the flippers, since it requires those three screws.

However, I made a new record in the PinClash qualification right away and the flippers are looking great. I'll show them up in upcoming tutorials for sure.
    I guess you feel more of a difference on games with weaker flippers, thats where I can see the real benefit. Regarding "more precision" I couldn't feel a difference in accuracy.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1755837622

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider abe_flips.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/review-precision-pinball-products-cnc-flipper-system?tu=abe_flips and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.