Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,970 posts
  • 326 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 188 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2062 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3125 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3126 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3127 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3129 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3128 (resized).jpeg
    70200477285__4506A207-1186-4D98-9B84-C6E9DFB6AD0C (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1648 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1651 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6936 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6938 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6932 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2794 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2795 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2793 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2792 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1246 Flipper measurements Posted by DiabloRush (1 year ago)

Post #1320 Settings database links. Posted by Ollulanus (1 year ago)

Post #2055 Install procedure on a JJP Guns 'n Roses. Posted by fooflighter (1 year ago)

Post #2099 TECH: ASSEMBLY Fix for flipper that won't clamp Posted by Duster72 (1 year ago)

Post #2541 Flipper removal process Posted by 1956PINHEAD (8 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ZoraShinoda.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#312 1 year ago

ETA on when these will be back in stock?

#324 1 year ago

1956PINHEAD I am looking to order 3 Flipper Kit (Black) With Flipper Shaft Bushings, do i need to specify something to let you know that it is for a JJP machine(GNR)?

#325 1 year ago
    Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

1956PINHEAD I am looking to order 3 Flipper Kit (Black) With Flipper Shaft Bushings, do i need to specify something to let you know that it is for a JJP machine(GNR)?

nevermind, figured it out, there is a selection at the top of the page for anyone else who doesn't see it like i didn't at first:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    1 week later
    #393 1 year ago

Anyone know how to open up the flipper clamp a bit wider, the part that the shaft slides into? These shafts are bigger, or at least flat on the bottom as opposed to rounded. I was able to install the lower left bat on my GNR LE, however the shaft on the lower right flipper will not go into the clamp, I can easily reinsert the JJP shaft into the clamp, but the Precision one does want to go into the clamp.
    See pic below, you can see the JJP shaft(rounded/beveled) on the left and Precision on the right.
    Any thoughts? Anyone run into a similar issue?

#395 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinballinreno:

Open the pawl a bit more with a big screwdriver.

Thanks much that worked I thought that might be the answer but I wantee confirmation before I tried that there wasn't some other way I wasn't aware of.

#419 1 year ago
    Quoted from DiabloRush:

The above-the-playfield adjustability of these flippers is a great feature. Of course, Ollie insists on helping everytime I remove the glass....[quoted image]

I have a dog that is tall enough on his back legs to reach the Lockdown bar button, but haven't been able to train him to push it when needed. Maybe ollie could do that for you.

#475 1 year ago

Bikini Flippers

1 week later
    #665 1 year ago
    Quoted from killborn:

I was thinking red flippers because I thought they looked great in other photos I saw, but I think the gold looks awesome. Sign me up for a gold mini flipper please.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I just stayed with black on mine.
    Note for anyone else if they are installing on GNR, to install for the third flipper by the shooter lane, you're going to need to remove the right ramp return and the speaker kit above the flipper, at least i had to, i didn't want to force the new shafts in at an angle.

#737 1 year ago
    Quoted from fooflighter:

Okay, just installed the Flipper/Bushing 3 x kit in my GnR LE...Holy Friggin Moly!
    Seriously, JJP should partner with you IMMEDIATELY 1956PINHEAD! It really makes the game feel entirely different in a great way! This is how GnR was meant to be played.
    If you got rid of your GnR because you thought it felt sloppy, too much multiball crowding etc...I urge you to seek out someone with GnR and this system installed. It literally is a new game. The shots are clean and crisp, shoot ...even had fun calling my shots on Slash Solo, which in the current code is an amazing feat.
    In no particular order, just random thought on the install and initial playtesting>>
    1. I had to set the flipper coil power back to DEFAULTS. Yep, you read that correctly. Default is plenty of power with these flippers and bushings. The game now shoots amazing. None of this floaty garbage, you get serious returns from serious accuracy.
    2. Part of making GnR fun is getting balls up the guitar lock and around the orbits during multi-ball to clear the chaos and keep the songs rolling. This system really helps in that task of allowing you to nail the orbits and the guitar lock on the fore and backhand shots.
    3. The bushing and shaft tolerances are so tight, it magnified the power in my right flipper and at first I was getting a loud clack on the flip...thought I did something wrong at first...I then inspected the flipper coil and whalla, the thing was way past due for a change. The new system illuminated the fact I was due for a coil stop change. Who would have thought? Changed the coil and loud clack disappeared.
    4. These look amazing. Industrial and clean. Actually took off my old flipper toppers in favor of the clean look
    5. As mentioned above, I had to remove 3 bolts on the right ramp to be able to insert the shaft through the bushing.
    6. Biggest pain was changing the bushings as I had to remove each assembly to get at the locknuts holding the bushing screws
    7. Once the shafts were in, aligning the flippers was a breeze. I did have some serious ball hop at first and had to re-align and raise the ball guides on the inlanes as they were sitting too low towards the player and giving too much ball hop on a slow roll.
    8. I aligned the flippers with the rubber on using a straightedge across the guides and flipper , then adjusted the guide rail. When done, I had maybe a millimeter of clearance between the straightedge and the flipper rubber with the edge sitting right on the guide rail. This completely got rid of any hop.
    9. All the flipper tricks are there, dead stops, live catches, drop catches, post passing...it also make shatzing a little easier due to just a slight bit more control on the flipper tips. Which again makes the orbits and the under the flipper shot easier to repeat also.
    10. I did not install a short flipper on the upper playfield, didn't seem necessary and seemed more of a hassle.
    11. Going to get them for Star Wars Premium and Walking Dead LE next
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Recently installed on my GNR as well. Also remove the right ramp to get to the third flipper. No ball hop on my right flipper but I do have a little on my left flipper. I'll try your trick to fix it. Thanks.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ZoraShinoda.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/review-precision-pinball-products-cnc-flipper-system?tu=ZoraShinoda and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.