Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,945 posts
  • 325 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by kyinwa
  • Topic is favorited by 188 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3125 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3126 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3127 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3129 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3128 (resized).jpeg
    70200477285__4506A207-1186-4D98-9B84-C6E9DFB6AD0C (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1648 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1651 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6936 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6938 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6932 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2794 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2795 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2793 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2792 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0938 (resized).jpeg (©  Of my)

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1246 Flipper measurements Posted by DiabloRush (1 year ago)

Post #1320 Settings database links. Posted by Ollulanus (1 year ago)

Post #2055 Install procedure on a JJP Guns 'n Roses. Posted by fooflighter (1 year ago)

Post #2099 TECH: ASSEMBLY Fix for flipper that won't clamp Posted by Duster72 (1 year ago)

Post #2541 Flipper removal process Posted by 1956PINHEAD (8 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Zitt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I worry about what if the flipper bat breaks, or the flipper base plate comes loose and drops. Either scenario could be a metal flipper bat dragging on the playfield.

Well; if you're OPing it... sure.
    But in these days of clear coat in combination with mainly home use; you should be fine.
    If you look at their weird design; you'll see the bat appears to be missing the most of the "lip" of the bat so probably less of a problem.
    Seems like these are ALOT pricer than PinballLife's original design.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pbl-aluminum-flipper-bats-long-term-reviews/page/3#post-5976525

58 >> 30

#34 1 year ago

I ordered a set as I loved pbls flipper bats.
    I have concerns with the design of these. The kneruled feature specifically... But we'll see.

#44 1 year ago

As I understand it; you need a liquid/high humidity for corrosion to be an issue.
    I wouldn't be expecting my pinball machine to be a source of issues.

I really just want to see what is "justifying" the price tag.

#55 1 year ago

Sorry. Gonna call bullsh1t on these reviews and on this product.
    I got mine in today; and I don't have to even install it to realize this product is not "precision".
    Sure; they are precision CNCed. But that's where the precision ends.

These are nothing more than Aluminum Flipper bats that have been on the market before.
    There nothing special about this kit. No extra parts - nothing which makes them more accurate.
    https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2018/03/07/adpin-flippers-2/

You get a top bat, A stainless steel "shaft", a #10-32 stainless steel screw to secure the bat to the shaft, and a reverse clamp to remove the bat from the shaft in the future.

You don't replace anything but the bats and shafts; so no way can this be a more precise pinball experience. The "triangular" shaft top is knurled so it "bites" against the aluminum flipper bat. The shaft was done (I'm guessing) with stainless steel so it would actually bite into the aluminum. This is why you have to have a reverse clamping system to remove the bat in the future. I imagine eventually; this knurling will deform the aluminum so don't expect to get many install/reinstall cycles.

They are pretty and look cool; but seriously - nothing here screams precision or anything more than a standard bat. IMHO: certainly NOT worth 65/set of two.

Edit: I did NOT order the aluminum bushing as I'm a firm believer if it ain't broke; don't fix it. Nothing wrong with the plastic bushings... and I doubt metal bushings really provide a justified benefit to the player when combined with the risk of a gummy situation when the lubed metal on metal action attracts dust from the rest of the machine.

My advise- they look cool. If you like the look of the product; then by all means enjoy it.
    But don't buy this "system" for the marketing wank that is clearly part of their store.

#61 1 year ago

As I stated, bushings can't and won't provide"precision"... At least not in the way you describe.

Also, what's with the down votes?
    A legit, honest review gets a down vote?

#116 1 year ago

I get it some people want and need to upgrade their machine to look good.
    But the consistency and "precision" argument is just that... an opinion.

Come up with a scientific way to measure both (consistency and precision) and publish the results here. Make sure to follow the scientific method and publish your testing strategy.

Without this; Diablo is just pumping a product he claims to have no affiliation with... which based upon his post here makes me suspect his motives / affiliation.

I bought the product. I think the product looks nice... but I personally don't see the value to performance argument. I'm not sure these are going to be more than a flash in the pan.

#150 1 year ago

The point is the flipper bat should not be labeled "precision" as they are just bats.
    If you want to claim the bats are compatibly with the "precision system" fine.
    But they "kit" sold with only flipper bats is not precision.

They look like a nearly identical copy of what has already been out there. It looks like nearly an identical rip-off of the ADPIN system except they aren't adjustable.

All said; I'm glad the aluminum bats are currently available. Hopefully 1956PINHEAD can keep his vendor in line and continue to provide these bats to the interested population.

#179 1 year ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

I expect the coil stop being pulverized is the main contributor.

yeap; the cheap brass coil stops used in Stern Star Trek definitely left a fine brass powder everywhere.

#194 1 year ago

punkin When did someone appoint you the moral compass of this forum?
    You've been frustratingly negative in other threads; I find it odd that you choose to chastise some of us for having opinions that differ than yours.

I'm glad DiabloRush believes in this product. I know 1956PINHEAD appreciates the support.
    In General, I stand by my comments. Outside the weird defense I saw the OP take initially; I'm glad that we finally seem to have some closure as to who the OP is vs the owner of the product. Skepticism is a real need in our hobby lately given all the scammers working to steal our money.

If your post wasn't directed at me specifically; then well... sorry for reading more into it than you intended.

#210 1 year ago

I officially apologize to DiabloRush for any part I played in his Stress.
    I appreciate your fandom and support of another's product.

I still don't agree with his assessment of the product; but, if he's happy I'm happy for him.
    The product's not "bad"; just overpriced in my opinion.

#214 1 year ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

You didn’t actually evaluate the whole product, you left out the most important part.

I did evaluate the whole product. I bought the flipper bats as a kit. They were sold separately and claimed to be precision. You can't claim a bat is more precise if it relies on another item sold separately to be precision.

Cargument: You can't claim it's self driving if it lack the hardware to be self driving aware.

Metal on Metal moving parts are a no-no on pinball machines. I stand by this comment and nothing said here will change that.

#228 1 year ago

Please don't pretend to tell me JJP makes a quality machine.
    They don't. And they don't care if it breaks down/ wears out in 3months. More revenue for them via a replacement part.
    I'm done flaming this thread with "my" $0.02 by all means; Fanboi's assemble.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Zitt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/review-precision-pinball-products-cnc-flipper-system?tu=Zitt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.