Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,945 posts
  • 325 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by kyinwa
  • Topic is favorited by 188 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3125 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3126 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3127 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3129 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3128 (resized).jpeg
    70200477285__4506A207-1186-4D98-9B84-C6E9DFB6AD0C (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1648 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1651 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6936 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6938 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6932 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2794 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2795 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2793 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2792 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0938 (resized).jpeg (©  Of my)

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1246 Flipper measurements Posted by DiabloRush (1 year ago)

Post #1320 Settings database links. Posted by Ollulanus (1 year ago)

Post #2055 Install procedure on a JJP Guns 'n Roses. Posted by fooflighter (1 year ago)

Post #2099 TECH: ASSEMBLY Fix for flipper that won't clamp Posted by Duster72 (1 year ago)

Post #2541 Flipper removal process Posted by 1956PINHEAD (8 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider OSUBuckeye98.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1016 1 year ago

1956PINHEAD any plans to produce holographic pros in a mini flipper size? I really want to try them, but all the pins I want to try them on have a mini and I am too OCD to not have the flippers match.

1 week later
    #1076 1 year ago
    Quoted from Hammer3246:

Nice!
    Now for the other sizes, I can't leave Maiden with a stock upper left flipper (need gold).

Another point I would like to make other than aesthetics for mini flippers, that sarcophagus loop shot on Maiden drives me nuts, I would love something that helps me make it more consistently.

Just ordered some red Halos for AC/DC. Cannot wait to try them out.

#1086 1 year ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Defintely not me, I'm much younger than those 2 gents lol but it looks like we're all in agreement that they were awesome!

Think he was saying those two guys agreed with you, not that it was you.

2 weeks later
    #1343 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Turned the flippers down from 255 to 240 during testing after getting....
    you won't believe this.....
    an airball over the flipper.
    [quoted image]
    Admittedly it was two balls colliding and had fuck all to do with the flipper height, but still, what's the chances?

Lo lol…..Dance with the devil

2 weeks later
    #1495 1 year ago

I was finally able to get some time to spend with my pins. Here are some more color combinations to see if anyone likes. Iron Maiden was supposed to have yellow titans but somehow I selected red. Love the black on the red for AC/DC.

Also, shout out to John for the outstanding customer service. I forgot to include something in my basket while ordering and he caught the mistake and included the forgotten item.

Now off to see if I can make some sarcophagus shots on maiden with better consistency!

057272F1-A1AE-4557-8DE1-4BF40E77A431 (resized).jpeg057272F1-A1AE-4557-8DE1-4BF40E77A431 (resized).jpeg94D8E5C3-14CA-4ECB-AA8A-BAA50ECB8655 (resized).jpeg94D8E5C3-14CA-4ECB-AA8A-BAA50ECB8655 (resized).jpegA8EB3EE8-FB0D-4085-B8A7-889DEBAC65E5 (resized).jpegA8EB3EE8-FB0D-4085-B8A7-889DEBAC65E5 (resized).jpegB8FD7D27-0BB3-4021-9FB6-7AFB35465731 (resized).jpegB8FD7D27-0BB3-4021-9FB6-7AFB35465731 (resized).jpegC010272A-B639-48EB-8E27-AE5B47F11774 (resized).jpegC010272A-B639-48EB-8E27-AE5B47F11774 (resized).jpeg
    #1497 1 year ago

Do it.. I just matched some low bounce titans on with some halos.. just wow. I am hitting the left ramp on Godzilla almost at will. Great control.

Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

OSUBuckeye98 Great looking machines, good work on the color matching. Happy to help you and others out anyway I can.
    Thank you for posting the photos. I know I keep asking, but for those who haven't yet posted their game photos please do so as it will help others when trying to decide which color flipper bats they want.
    BTW, Thanks to everyone who taken advantage of the holiday sale, it's over tomorrow so last call everyone!

#1506 1 year ago

Lethal_Inc ..for sure put them in Maiden.

Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Lethal_Inc Perhaps Iron Maiden would be a good game to try them out on. You will notice the difference as others have stated, it really is a game changer, and that's just not a slogan, it's for real.
    It will take you a few games to adjust to them, but once you adjust your shot timing you'll be dialed in and impressed.

1 week later
    #1580 1 year ago

purbeast love the gold on mine if you are looking for additional options

Quoted from purbeast:

Anyone have the metal/silver halo's installed on Godzilla? I'm curious how it looks. Seems like it could go good with the mecha theme.

342EF8D0-5E40-481F-BF79-BB99314FAF0B (resized).jpeg342EF8D0-5E40-481F-BF79-BB99314FAF0B (resized).jpegCC345E45-7380-4CFF-B1CA-DB97B5780F70 (resized).jpegCC345E45-7380-4CFF-B1CA-DB97B5780F70 (resized).jpeg
    #1601 1 year ago

I had a similar problem with on of mine. I ended up loosening the shaft and rotating it a bit. I think the bat just “fit” tighter when aligned differently, I know it shouldn’t. It now stays in place, before the flipper would work its way forward gradually as I played a game.

#1616 1 year ago

1956PINHEAD John, I want tie dye just in case I ever get an Austin Powers

@ PinHead50 The answer to that is Yes. Both Purple and Green for the HALO's will be coming into the line-up for 2023

#1618 1 year ago

This is the exact reason I think they are awesome! I am a not good, non tournament player!

Quoted from Fishman54:

I have a lot of game time on these flippers given my closest location has a bunch of stern LEs with these flippers. I am a tournament player and a collector myself so this is from the player / owner perspective.
    The flippers are snappy and definitely shoot faster then a stern factory flipper. The major thing that bothers me about these flippers is how much it changes gameplay. It is much easier to drop cash / live catch with those flippers. The dead bounces and softer and allow for more ball control. The largest drawback with these flippers is they train bad habits. What I mean is that you can hits shots with these flippers that you can never make on any other game. Example … right ramp on Godzilla is makeable with ease from the upper left flipper. Rush you can backhand the right ramp consistently. As a tournament player this will train your brain on bad habits and bad tendencies.
    For the home use I think this is a great product that can actually help the beginning player learn to how to control the ball and play with more control

#1637 1 year ago

That’s really odd, I don’t think I’ve used the removal tool once on any of the flippers..

Quoted from DiabloRush:

I've had the opposite experience. I installed about a half-dozen of the original sets, and they're super-tight. I have to use the removal tool everytime. I've not had a single flipper come loose in over 5 months of pretty heavy usage on a half-dozen games.

3 weeks later
    #1796 1 year ago

I’m waiting on some purple for my Rush!

2 weeks later
    #1885 1 year ago

Pink!

Quoted from punkin:

Guess what colour i need?
    [quoted image]

2 weeks later
    #2009 1 year ago

Not the worst mistake, I would like to compare the solids vs the halos at some point.

Quoted from Ollulanus:

Yeah, already seeing about swapping the golds I ordered for Zep, but think I'm gonna keep the solid purples just to have a set of solids to try on games. Would be sharp if I ever get around to picking up the Alice Cooper I've been wanting too...

1 week later
    #2046 1 year ago

Here is a purple/purple on Rush that I didn’t expect to like but it’s really growing on me.

019B90D7-05DE-4956-8936-9574BAF7ED6E (resized).jpeg019B90D7-05DE-4956-8936-9574BAF7ED6E (resized).jpeg
    3 weeks later
    #2114 1 year ago

That’s tough, Purple bats with blue rings?

#2121 1 year ago

I’m waiting on my FFLE, hopefully 2 weeks. I thought a long long time about ordering pulp fiction, but I’m holding out hope CGC will say something about another run of MMr.

4 months later
    #2524 8 months ago

John, any chance you will be doing gold in the future? I would like to put a full set in my FFLE.

Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

The feeling I have on Venom is, I'll pass. Just can't get into it, I also think I'm not alone in that feeling.
    The 2-1/8" mini's (both HALO's and standards) are off the machine, they are going to anodizing end of the week. I'm doing them green and blue, and will also have silver.

3 weeks later
    #2586 7 months ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

Wow, you're claiming it improves accuracy and drastically reduces flipper fade? How on earth would new flipper hardware, without replacing coils, reduce flipper fade? Improper coil choice and software settings affect flipper fade. Not the rest of the hardware. Much was written about the flipper fade on LOTR 20 years ago. They fixed it and it hasn't been a significant issue since.

I have a Rush and Foo Fighters that beg to differ with you on flipper fade…

2 months later
    #2707 4 months ago

2 1/4 mini flipper and extended shaft. John said you do not need a bushing. I just ordered a set for my TBL.

Quoted from JimB:

What are the upper playfield flipper parts you need to add onto the order for Lebowski? I only see an option for a two flipper kit no 3 kits.

3 months later
    #2822 47 days ago

Just wanted to say thanks John and his excellent customer service. Had a small problem and as usual he went above and beyond to stand behind the quality of his products and make everything right.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider OSUBuckeye98.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/review-precision-pinball-products-cnc-flipper-system?tu=OSUBuckeye98 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.