Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,967 posts
  • 326 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by mIkea
  • Topic is favorited by 188 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2062 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3125 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3126 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3127 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3129 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3128 (resized).jpeg
    70200477285__4506A207-1186-4D98-9B84-C6E9DFB6AD0C (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1648 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1651 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6936 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6938 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6932 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2794 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2795 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2793 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2792 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1246 Flipper measurements Posted by DiabloRush (1 year ago)

Post #1320 Settings database links. Posted by Ollulanus (1 year ago)

Post #2055 Install procedure on a JJP Guns 'n Roses. Posted by fooflighter (1 year ago)

Post #2099 TECH: ASSEMBLY Fix for flipper that won't clamp Posted by Duster72 (1 year ago)

Post #2541 Flipper removal process Posted by 1956PINHEAD (8 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MikeS.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1445 1 year ago

What's the recommended configuration for GNR LE? Black Halo's? What all do you need to order for the mini flipper? Do you order a 3 flipper set and then add on the parts for the mini individually? Thanks!

3 months later
    #2088 1 year ago
    Quoted from fooflighter:

Finally got my Halos installed with the keyed shafts and metal bushings. Ive tried all the variations on my GnR...original precisions, plastic flippers with metal bushings, plastic bushings with metal original precisions....I can now confirm, this final SETUP is the best setup and GnR shoots like a dream now. No hops, smooth control, just enough play, no hard weird rebounding, able to hit all the shots, under the flipper, backhand ramp and all the orbits...I'm using power settings 24, Left, 26 Right and 14 upper right for the GnR folks out there...I've got a steeper game so that's the reason for the slight bump, otherwise, I probably would leave the power at default.
    A+
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I ordered this same setup for my game thanks to foo's recommendation (black Halos with keyed shafts and metal bushings) and installed them on my game yesterday afternoon. I only have a few games in but I've noticed a huge improvement in the accuracy and feel of the flippers. The scores on my initial games was much higher than normal and I feel like I have way more control. I'm also able to hit all of the shots on the game such as the under the flipper shot. I'm using the same power settings that foofighter recommended which were actually pretty close to what I was using before. It's now way easier to lock balls on the guitar neck and the spinner shots really rip. With that being said this mod isn't going to magically turn your JJP flippers into Stern flippers (JJP flippers still seem to have limitations in the power range) but the flipper feel and accuracy is way better than it was before and they no longer feel like hot garbage. This mod corrected the #1 issue I have with JJP games and I'm really happy with my purchase. thank you!

I did notice that on one of my keyed shafts that it was a major PITA trying to get the shaft into the flipper linkage. I ended up having to tap it in with a punch and hammer (and I had to try and widen the slot with a screwdriver because there was no way I could get it to fit through by hand. I'm dreading the day that I need to remove it. the other 2 went in super easy so it may be something where you need to double check the tolerances before sending them out. Other than though I thought everything went really smooth and easy.

20230301_165459 (resized).jpg20230301_165459 (resized).jpg20230301_165510 (resized).jpg20230301_165510 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MikeS.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/review-precision-pinball-products-cnc-flipper-system?tu=MikeS and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.