Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,945 posts
  • 325 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by kyinwa
  • Topic is favorited by 188 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3125 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3126 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3127 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3129 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3128 (resized).jpeg
    70200477285__4506A207-1186-4D98-9B84-C6E9DFB6AD0C (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1648 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1651 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6936 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6938 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6932 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2794 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2795 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2793 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2792 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0938 (resized).jpeg (©  Of my)

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1246 Flipper measurements Posted by DiabloRush (1 year ago)

Post #1320 Settings database links. Posted by Ollulanus (1 year ago)

Post #2055 Install procedure on a JJP Guns 'n Roses. Posted by fooflighter (1 year ago)

Post #2099 TECH: ASSEMBLY Fix for flipper that won't clamp Posted by Duster72 (1 year ago)

Post #2541 Flipper removal process Posted by 1956PINHEAD (8 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jvspin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#153 1 year ago

I like the look and the idea of improving flipper performance. At first glance I thought the top holes were there to key the bat to the shaft but that doesn't appear to be the case. One concern I have is with the spline/bat interface stripping. Is locktite used on the top screw?

2 weeks later
    #350 1 year ago
    Quoted from lemmings418:

Wasn't looking forward to peeling off the Bone toppers from Back Alley Creations each time I need to tweak something on my GnR LE flippers.

I guess you could always tweak them from the bottom.

1 week later
    #407 1 year ago
    Quoted from Sorokyl:

based on the amount of "I installed these and immediately got new high score" I am doing something terribly wrong. I played 800 games on my GZ before the mod, as the only pin I have, so it took me a while to adjust but 50 games later or so I'm right back to where I was... (close enough. I've cracked a billion several times before mod and haven't hit it yet on these)
    I could certainly tell the difference at first, but I've gotten used to it now and have pretty much the exact same playing experience I had before! I can't really name one shot that is much different with these flippers. Not that there was any such advertisement - just offering a counter experience to all of the glowing reviews.

Sounds a little like my experience when trying a new tennis racket. I've wondered why it usually seems like magic at first, then it's back to my same old game. Perhaps it has something to do with being more focussed when trying something new.

#463 1 year ago

Slimline Mirror Bats
    aka SMBs

3 weeks later
    #824 1 year ago

I've read that some people have had to adjust their lane guides after intalling these flippers to prevent flipper hop. Is this unusual or are they actually wider than standard? If standard size, any thoughts as to what may be causing this?

#848 1 year ago
    Quoted from blizz81:

I'll be putting an order in for a pair for LOTR.

I'm waiting on the gold halographics for my LOTR.

3 weeks later
    #972 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

My solution to the factory flipper shaft link arm clamps. No more having to torque the snott out of those clamping screws. When available these will make it super simple to install the flipper shafts and eliminate the possibility of the shafts turning in the clamp. These will only work with my system since flipper position is set above the playfield. Testing is underway now, hope to have them available as an option in the near future. They will be sold with the flipper shafts of course.
    [quoted image]

I like your keyed solution. How do you plan to handle the various return spring and EOS lever configurations from different manufacturers?

1 week later
    #1019 1 year ago
    Quoted from Vespula:

Can we possibly play around with halo wall thickness to start to control amount of bounce/ flex? How did the current thickness get determined?
    Like pool cues have have thickness, halo may benefit from accommodating different versions with different levels of flex achieved by wall thickness.

That's an idea, but maybe diminishing returns given there's only 24 hours in a day.
    I'm looking forward to seeing what other mods he has in mind.

1 week later
    #1100 1 year ago
    Quoted from DeeGor:

Yes. I added them to my Twilight Zone, and they are a bit too strong. I'm looking into which coils would make sense for the bottom flippers, but I'm not sure what to go with. I think I'm going to try adjusting the end of stroke switch gap, to see if I can weaken them slightly. I'm not sure if that will work, but it doesn't cost me anything to try.

I wouldn't add them to White Water without getting weaker coils. That game is already prone to breaking plastic with normal flippers. These would just increase the chances of breakage.

Has anyone tried adding an extra return spring to reduce the power?

1 week later
    #1252 1 year ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

The gap between glass and top of a flipper bat on The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle and Friends is 1.993". With the Halo bats shorter overall thickness that would be 2.243".

Not sure where you're seeing the 1/4" difference in height. Judging from the photo, I see the top of the halo flipper at about 1/16" lower than the top of the plastic flipper, as is the top of the flipper rubber on the halo compared to the plastic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jvspin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/review-precision-pinball-products-cnc-flipper-system?tu=Jvspin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.