Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,036 posts
  • 329 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 26 days ago by 1956PINHEAD
  • Topic is favorited by 191 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6662 (resized).jpg
    Pulp 2 Sil Halo (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2024-06-15 at 2.28.54 PM (resized).png
    doctor2 (resized).jpg
    lw13 (resized).jpg
    lw12 (resized).jpg
    lw11 (resized).jpg
    lw10 (resized).jpg
    R0010598 (resized).jpg
    R0010599 (resized).jpg
    R0010582 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0746 (resized).jpeg
    Pinside_forum_8218105_3936622 (resized).jpg
    Pinside_forum_8218105_3936623 (resized).jpg
    Pinside_forum_8218105_3936621 (resized).jpg
    R0010576 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 61.
    #3001 40 days ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

GCS2000 As a suggestion you might want to re-torque those retaining screws after maybe 50-75 plays. That isn't a common problem, so maybe you're just not tightening them enough perhaps? I typically hold the flipper with one hand and use the long end of the hex wrench to tighten the screws, very tight!
    I've never had to go back and retighten, it's OK to crank them down.
    Keep me posted.
    John

I have had 2 different flippers come off like that, BUT do believe is because I didn't have cranked down as hard as I should have, no problems since, that was on Mando which is aggressive on flippers, never once happened on GZ, so agree, crank them down really good, making sure you have them locked into the groove on stem......

#3002 40 days ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Uh oh. Some kind of catastrophe.
    [quoted image]

They do have a pill for that problem

#3003 40 days ago
    Quoted from GCS2000:

This happens on my MB all the time (at least 3 times since I installed them last year).
    It always requires me to reposition and sinch down on the top screw. I swear I tighten the heck out of it but happens again several months later.

It's not creep mate, it was a failure of something during a hot 40m+ first ball with extra ball coming.

It just broke something underneath, i'll have a look and see what it was this morning. This has full strength coils with no adjustment, same as Tron.

#3004 40 days ago

punkin Good thing you know the guy who makes these, I'll take care of you

#3005 40 days ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

punkin Good thing you know the guy who makes these, I'll take care of you

Might just be a clamp, linkage or somesuch, i'll report back when it gets light and i've had my morning tea and morning beer.

#3006 39 days ago

1956PINHEAD Loving these flippers on Pulp Fiction! Much appreciated

Pinside_forum_8218105_3936621 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_8218105_3936621 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_8218105_3936622 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_8218105_3936622 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_8218105_3936623 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_8218105_3936623 (resized).jpg
    #3007 39 days ago

Congrats on those royalty checks!

IMG_0746 (resized).jpegIMG_0746 (resized).jpeg

#3008 39 days ago
    Quoted from punkin:

It's not creep mate, it was a failure of something during a hot 40m+ first ball with extra ball coming.
    It just broke something underneath, i'll have a look and see what it was this morning. This has full strength coils with no adjustment, same as Tron.

Apology in order, the screw had backed out almost completely. What made me consider it wasn't creep was the suddenness the flipper let go of the shaft. It was playing just fine on a great ball, and the flipper then just completely let go.
    I haven't seen them do this before, normally they just creep down or up when they start to come loose.

Back in order now.

#3009 39 days ago

@punkin, Glad it was just a minor detail. That kinda makes sense as the flipper and shaft are pretty well connected if torqued down tightly from the beginning such that if the screw did back off the flipper would stay put for a while, then just release as it did. Good data point, are you applying for a future product tester job

#3010 38 days ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

@punkin, Glad it was just a minor detail. That kinda makes sense as the flipper and shaft are pretty well connected if torqued down tightly from the beginning such that if the screw did back off the flipper would stay put for a while, then just release as it did. Good data point, are you applying for a future product tester job

I'd love that job, i have a bunch of machines that need these flippers and most of my funds are committed to beer.

#3011 37 days ago

1956PINHEAD do you make flippers for Gottlieb system 3s?

#3012 37 days ago

FireKingpin My flipper system will adapt but the bushings will be an issue as they are unique. I've custom made a few bushings in the past for a customer who installed in a system 3s. I might be able to do that again but would need your original plastic bushings to copy over. If you want to send me a photo of one of the bushings removed from the game and measure it up and send me a PM with the info I'll look it over and get back to you.
    John

#3013 37 days ago

Brought Lost World up the front to sit next to Gorgar for a while.

Got some choices, but i think the gold solids would go better in this than the purple halo's.

R0010582 (resized).jpgR0010582 (resized).jpg

#3014 37 days ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Brought Lost World up the front to sit next to Gorgar for a while.
    Got some choices, but i think the gold solids would go better in this than the purple halo's.
    [quoted image]

Yeah gold bats w/ purple rubbers. I'm stoked having that option with the Precision system, not to mention makes for a superior flip!!

#3015 37 days ago
    Quoted from Enchantress:

Yeah gold bats w/ purple rubbers. I'm stoked having that option with the Precision system, not to mention makes for a superior flip!!

Pretty sure i have two pairs of them, i'll eye Gorgar off too. Just don't know what bushings i have...

Is there a way to tell the stern from the B/W ones with a measurement that normal people can measure with cheap verniers John?

#3016 37 days ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Pretty sure i have two pairs of them, i'll eye Gorgar off too. Just don't know what bushings i have...
    Is there a way to tell the stern from the B/W ones with a measurement that normal people can measure with cheap verniers John?

Wasn't the Stern bushings etched with the number 1 or something!?

#3017 36 days ago

The bushings are identified as follows: #1 stamped onto the mounting flange signifies STERN. A #2 stamped into the mounting flange signifies SPOOKY. And no visible number signifies use on ALL OTHER GAMES.

#3018 36 days ago

Can't see any markings cept machining ones. So must be good.

Someone with the extra buttons should mark John's post above as a key post.

#3019 36 days ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

The bushings are identified as follows: #1 stamped onto the mounting flange signifies STERN. A #2 stamped into the mounting flange signifies SPOOKY. And no visible number signifies use on ALL OTHER GAMES.

John can the bushings for an PB Alien be used on another game?

#3020 36 days ago
    Quoted from GCS2000:

John can the bushings for an PB Alien be used on another game?

You quoted the answer to your question. Since PB is not STERN and PB is not SPOOKY, the ones for PB would be "ALL OTHER GAMES"
    Indeed when you click the link for that product:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/shops/shop/1341-precision-pinball-prod/07808-flipper-kits-to-fit-all-games-other-than-stern-or-spooky
    it links PB Alien. You can see the (most of) the other games the bushings are compatible with on the same page.

#3021 35 days ago

Can you edit your post to say where on the bushing we should look for the marks please John?

When a mod comes by and key posts it it will be handy for us dumb cunts.

Lost World done, i have no idea why i hadn't done this 15min job before now.

I also have no idea why companies like CGC, PB, JJP ect are still using the fucked up clamp system the use now for pawls. Look how elegant it was 50 years ago. Wooden linkages that an op could make on site from scrap to replace too.

lw13 (resized).jpglw13 (resized).jpg

She's beautiful. Think i'll take it to pinfest Newcastle this year and upset the purists.

New sound card with speech and 80's background arcade sounds, CPR playfield, crisp modern DE pops, purple trim and all. Precisions really set it off, thanks John, you are doing a real service for us mate. There's karma in that for you.

lw10 (resized).jpglw10 (resized).jpg

lw11 (resized).jpglw11 (resized).jpg

lw12 (resized).jpglw12 (resized).jpg

Definitely hasn't helped my score, a tenth of my GC, but it looks and sounds brilliant i reckon. Love the ting ting of the solids on these old games.

R0010599 (resized).jpgR0010599 (resized).jpg

R0010598 (resized).jpgR0010598 (resized).jpg

My third machine ever and i still love it.

The late 70's rocked.

I was 15, living in Kings Cross and getting all my tattoos done. I still have a love of the era, and the music and art were progressive building on the 60's. before we fell in love with looking cool in the 80's.

#3022 35 days ago

Gorgar tomorrow probs, i have to wait for the drugs to wear off.....

doctor2 (resized).jpgdoctor2 (resized).jpg

#3023 35 days ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Gorgar tomorrow probs, i have to wait for the drugs to wear off.....
    [quoted image]

Appreciate them while you still can!

#3024 35 days ago
    Quoted from Enchantress:

Appreciate them while you still can!

I have lots more, i'm a bulk buyer, part timer with rules about intake....

#3025 35 days ago

Damn those gold flippers were meant for Lost World. Looks OEM!

#3026 35 days ago

1956PINHEAD any chance of making some precision flippers for early bally solid states? @punkin's lost world has me thinking that I would love to put some on my Bally Eight Ball. I see the Fathom flippers on the site... I'm assuming they would work, but I would want the clear alumunium that I could bring to a polish.

Screen Shot 2024-06-15 at 2.28.54 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2024-06-15 at 2.28.54 PM (resized).png
    #3027 34 days ago

Duder_ Unfortunately, I do not have any of those style flipper bats in silver, just the blue. Bummer man!

#3028 31 days ago

For those out on the west coast, I'll be at the California Extreme Pinball Show July 26th-28th. I'll have my booth set up with games to play with my flipper system installed. Make sure to stop by and say hello, I'll have some free goodies to hand out as well. Hope to see some of you there

#3029 31 days ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

For those out on the west coast, I'll be at the California Extreme Pinball Show July 26th-28th. I'll have my booth set up with games to play with my flipper system installed. Make sure to stop by and say hello, I'll have some free goodies to hand out as well. Hope to see some of you there

I will see you there as I will be there at my friends booth.

#3030 29 days ago

Anyone installed these on a Pulp ?? if so would love to see what color you picked.

#3031 29 days ago

Customer photo with silver installed

Pulp 2 Sil Halo (resized).jpgPulp 2 Sil Halo (resized).jpg
    #3032 28 days ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

[quoted image]

Thanks...so many options. HA

#3033 28 days ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

[quoted image]

Gold and red is leading so far...LOL.

#3034 26 days ago

precisions finally put on, went with purple trans for flipper and sling, green glow for all the other rubbers, great flippers as always......originally had solids on GZ and Mando, switched those to halo and only halo's going forward, just like them better.....

IMG_6662 (resized).jpgIMG_6662 (resized).jpg
    #3035 26 days ago

Those look fantastic. Totally bespoke for Wick. Nice.

#3036 26 days ago

lakerone Lookin Good! Thanks for posting in the Wick owners forum as well!
    John

There are 3,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 61.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.