Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,945 posts
  • 325 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by kyinwa
  • Topic is favorited by 189 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3125 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3126 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3127 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3129 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3128 (resized).jpeg
    70200477285__4506A207-1186-4D98-9B84-C6E9DFB6AD0C (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1648 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1651 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6936 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6938 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6932 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2794 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2795 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2793 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2792 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0938 (resized).jpeg (©  Of my)

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 59.
    #2801 60 days ago

Copper halos on Rush LE. I was going back and forth on copper vs gold and decided to try copper since I already have gold on my Foo. I'm liking that call.

IMG_5252 (resized).jpegIMG_5252 (resized).jpegIMG_5253 (resized).jpegIMG_5253 (resized).jpeg
    #2802 60 days ago

What color are people putting on Iron Maiden? I'm thinking halos would look really good on it, just need to figure out what color.

#2803 60 days ago

I tried a couple of colors on IM and found red (w/orange Titan rubber) was a nice look. FYI.

IMG_2072 (resized).JPGIMG_2072 (resized).JPGIMG_2076 (resized).JPGIMG_2076 (resized).JPG
    #2804 60 days ago
    Quoted from DiabloRush:

I tried a couple of colors on IM and found red (w/orange Titan rubber) was a nice look. FYI.

Thank you, that does look good. I'm considering copper or gold as well. Not sure if there is a bronze color, I need to go check

#2806 60 days ago

Gold looks good on IM as well. Here's a pic from when I tried them, as well as the straight silver Halos FYI.
    68219432103__35E3F855-6D8E-4C6D-BB98-1CC50A9107F3 (resized).JPG68219432103__35E3F855-6D8E-4C6D-BB98-1CC50A9107F3 (resized).JPGIMG_2670 (resized).JPGIMG_2670 (resized).JPG

#2807 60 days ago

I did gold halos with green an yellow up top.

17080248346554340381102083619106 (resized).jpg17080248346554340381102083619106 (resized).jpg17080248926381758114014559922595 (resized).jpg17080248926381758114014559922595 (resized).jpg17080250260734611221639836700441 (resized).jpg17080250260734611221639836700441 (resized).jpg17080251374879148079620117801060 (resized).jpg17080251374879148079620117801060 (resized).jpg17080251837587029491347358955639 (resized).jpg17080251837587029491347358955639 (resized).jpg17080253601572411786234622014606 (resized).jpg17080253601572411786234622014606 (resized).jpg17080254428188676331820679421246 (resized).jpg17080254428188676331820679421246 (resized).jpg
    #2808 59 days ago

Thanks for sharing the pictures. The gold halos are looking good on Maiden. Has anyone tried copper halos on it?

1 week later
    #2809 53 days ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Ollulanus That blue/white combo looks good. I had been considering doing a light blue for Jaws as well. What are your thoughts on that color flipper bat?

Any update on the special color for Jaws?

#2810 52 days ago

Duster72 After now having gotten to see the game first hand and actually place a few color samples on the playfield, I've decided to just stick with my current Blue as I think it blends OK with the playfield. Also a consideration is the Gray I offer as well as the playfield color shifts with some gray in it.

At some point I may have a powder coat white available (because white anodize is not an option), but not until I've validated the durablility of the powder coat which is currently ongoing. Here's a photo with the Blue installed in case you hadn't seen it from a prior posting.

Thanks.
    Jaws N Blue (resized).jpgJaws N Blue (resized).jpg

#2811 52 days ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

AWDSOME I do not offer Bronze at the moment.

John, I messaged you through the precision pinball website last week. Is it better to message you through pinside?

#2812 52 days ago

AWDSOME I'm sorry but did I not reply? I typically respond pretty quickly to inquiries on my website or thru pinside. Either one works as I get notified either way. Please send your inquiry again so that I can respond.

Thanks.

#2813 52 days ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

At some point I may have a powder coat white available (because white anodize is not an option), but not until I've validated the durablility of the powder coat which is currently ongoing.

Has the topic of anodized fasteners been addressed at any point? When I really get bored and feel like dropping too much money for a vanity project, there is a powder coating business near me that specializes in coating the tops of fasteners, and I'm planning on checking them out if I can't get anodized versions of all the visible fasteners on my playfields. Having color matched fasteners for precision flippers seems like a natural choice.

#2814 52 days ago

HeronameX I've had a few inquire about colored fastener heads. I did explore this option with my anodize house a while back. They also do powder coating. At some point I may get them to run some samples, but I know from my prior discussion with them that the anodize and powder coat colors do vary.

Thanks for bring this topic up. I may have to revist this again

#2815 50 days ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

HeronameX I've had a few inquire about colored fastener heads. I did explore this option with my anodize house a while back. They also do powder coating. At some point I may get them to run some samples, but I know from my prior discussion with them that the anodize and powder coat colors do vary.
    Thanks for bring this topic up. I may have to revist this again

Yeah...I figured color matching a powder coat to the anodized aluminum wouldn't produce an exact match, but I also wasn't sure if anodizing the fasteners would be an option and/or be subject to variance due to material differences. I may have to tinker around with anodizing stuff in the future just to learn more about the process.

#2816 44 days ago

Hi guys!

I ordered some stern bushings halos and shafts for my godzilla, but Ive decided to switch back to stock bats to see if my live catches improve. Problem being stock bats dont seem to be fitting in the bushings and im assuming I shouldnt be forcing it down there.

Am I mistaken that they should fit?

#2817 44 days ago

Acronymicon My bushings are sized for my flipper shafts. If you are wanting to install the factory plastic flipper bats with their mating shafts I would suggest that you not force them into my bushings. You may have to revert back to the plastic busings as they have a much wider tolerance gap.

Feel free to PM me if you have additional questions.
    Thanks,
    John

#2818 44 days ago

Just got my Alien Ripley yesterday. Today I installed precision flippers and titan rubbers.
    It was interesting to see how it would go putting the precision flippers on this game.
    I used all the parts including the bushings. I used the Bally/Williams bushings and the keyed shaft system.
    I would say when I checked the bushings against the pinball brothers bushings the height was identical, but the girth was a bit of a issue.
    Do this at your own risk. I had to very very lightly drill out my playfield flipper holes to essentially clean out the extra clear coat that was down in the holes. Once I did that the bushing fit very snuggly, but they worked. The rest of the system installed like normal.

I went green flippers with glow in the dark titans. It's the Alien Acid Blood color, lol. I think it works well.

IMG_2551 (resized).jpgIMG_2551 (resized).jpgIMG_2552 (resized).jpgIMG_2552 (resized).jpg
    #2819 44 days ago
    Quoted from ASAC_Schrader:

Just got my Alien Ripley yesterday. Today I installed precision flippers and titan rubbers.
    It was interesting to see how it would go putting the precision flippers on this game.
    I used all the parts including the bushings. I used the Bally/Williams bushings and the keyed shaft system.
    I would say when I checked the bushings against the pinball brothers bushings the height was identical, but the girth was a bit of a issue.
    Do this at your own risk. I had to very very lightly drill out my playfield flipper holes to essentially clean out the extra clear coat that was down in the holes. Once I did that the bushing fit very snuggly, but they worked. The rest of the system installed like normal.
    I went green flippers with glow in the dark titans. It's the Alien Acid Blood color, lol. I think it works well.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

How is the difference in playing with precision flippers vs original?

#2820 44 days ago

Respect. Well thought out. Well done

#2821 44 days ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Acronymicon My bushings are sized for my flipper shafts. If you are wanting to install the factory plastic flipper bats with their mating shafts I would suggest that you not force them into my bushings. You may have to revert back to the plastic busings as they have a much wider tolerance gap.
    Feel free to PM me if you have additional questions.
    Thanks,
    John

Dang I thought I deleted that question before it was read lol.

Turns out it was just one of the stock bats that was too big. Weird. Appreciate the great customer support though.

#2822 43 days ago

Just wanted to say thanks John and his excellent customer service. Had a small problem and as usual he went above and beyond to stand behind the quality of his products and make everything right.

#2823 42 days ago

OSUBuckeye98 I'm happy to assist you and all my customers who have purchased my products. I introduced this product for everyone to enjoy and hopefully improve their pinball playing experience. I stand behind my product and strive for continuous improvement, the feedback you provided is part of that process.

Thank you!
    John

#2824 38 days ago

TPF is just around the corner, and I'm burning the midnight oil getting ready. I was a bit overwhelmed last year and sold out of flipper kits mid day Saturday, so this year I'll be bringing more product with me.

I'll also be introducing a couple new flipper colors at the show, and should have them available within a few weeks. Those who have been wanting white will be happy as that is one of the new colors.

I'll also be showing a new mod I have in the works for Jaws. Stay tuned and make sure to stop by the booth if you'll be attending the show.

John

#2825 36 days ago

had reached out via the website as wanted to get a few sets but specifically a extended set for GB and no reply, sadly, keen to support

#2826 36 days ago
    Quoted from swinks:

had reached out via the website as wanted to get a few sets but specifically a extended set for GB and no reply, sadly, keen to support

Unlike John…He is awesome. Bet you get a reply within the hour.

#2827 36 days ago

they do make custom bushings for Pinball Brothers machines - which seems to require a slightly larger diameter bushing - they made me some so I did not have to drill out my Alien - be sure to ask if you are interested - you'll be taken care of

#2828 36 days ago

swinks I'm sorry I didn't respond to your inquiry, I must have missed it. Feel free to PM here in Pinside, or shoot me another email. I'm happy to set you up with those special GB flipper bats.

Thanks,
    John

#2829 35 days ago

Fresh batch of flipper bats back from anodize last Friday. Just a portion of what I'm taking to TPF next weekend. Can you say 'Pinball Jewerly'

TPF 2024 (resized).jpgTPF 2024 (resized).jpg
    #2830 35 days ago

So good to see this happening. Well done Sir.

#2831 35 days ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

swinks I'm sorry I didn't respond to your inquiry, I must have missed it. Feel free to PM here in Pinside, or shoot me another email. I'm happy to set you up with those special GB flipper bats.
    Thanks,
    John

Thanks for the reach out, I will give you a shopping list in the next day and can fulfil after Texas show if that helps

What are going flipper colours for Ghostbusters and Foo Pro ?

#2832 34 days ago

Just got my flippers in today, had to install them immediately. I have about 3 games on the so far, I'm really liking them. I'm going to play with the stock rubber for a few days and then I will switch to pinball life's silicone bands

PXL_20240311_210431677 (resized).jpgPXL_20240311_210431677 (resized).jpgPXL_20240311_231711952 (resized).jpgPXL_20240311_231711952 (resized).jpgPXL_20240312_002728435 (resized).jpgPXL_20240312_002728435 (resized).jpg
    #2833 34 days ago
    Quoted from swinks:

Thanks for the reach out, I will give you a shopping list in the next day and can fulfil after Texas show if that helps
    What are going flipper colours for Ghostbusters and Foo Pro ?

Hit the image gallery for this thread and you'll find plenty of pics of different variations on both those.

Personally I bet the new white ones would look killer on GB with GITD or purple rubbers. Several folks have done gold with red bands on foo, looks sharp with those sling plastics.

#2834 34 days ago

swinks Thanks for the follow-up. For Ghostbusters the majority of the customers go for Purple. For Foo Fighters it seems gold is the most popular.

My shop will be open but I will not be able to ship anything until I return back from the show. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you have any additional questions.

John

Foo with Gold (resized).jpgFoo with Gold (resized).jpg
    #2835 34 days ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

swinks Thanks for the follow-up. For Ghostbusters the majority of the customers go for Purple. For Foo Fighters it seems gold is the most popular.
    My shop will be open but I will not be able to ship anything until I return back from the show. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you have any additional questions.
    John
    [quoted image]

problem that I saw a little while back was the extended bats colours (on your website) didn't suit Ghostbusters and colours are not shown on pinside, hence why I went to the website and reached out that way.

If I go to the extended option here on pinside - there is no colour choice ? hence why I am puzzled of how to move forward.

#2836 34 days ago
    Quoted from swinks:

problem that I saw a little while back was the extended bats colours (on your website) didn't suit Ghostbusters and colours are not shown on pinside, hence why I went to the website and reached out that way.
    If I go to the extended option here on pinside - there is no colour choice ? hence why I am puzzled of how to move forward.

I always PM here if I am puzzled Jady. I have had good comminication and even better results from this team.

Ken

#2837 34 days ago

swinks I didn't realize you were looking to purchase the extended length flipper bats, now that I know I can better answer your question. The standard colors for the extended length are red, blue, gold. To clarify those who have ordered for Ghostbusters mostly order the standard length flippers in purple. I have made extended purple flippers in the past, but that was a custom short run about a year ago. I'm happy to run more purple but they would not be available for about 4-6 weeks. Hope this helps.

John

#2838 34 days ago
    Quoted from swinks:

I also deal via PM mate. John hasn't told me to stop it yet.

#2839 31 days ago

Batman approves.

CADEEBF0-5A70-4953-AFA9-F6E493AE6199.jpegCADEEBF0-5A70-4953-AFA9-F6E493AE6199.jpegIMG_3163.jpegIMG_3163.jpeg
    #2840 31 days ago

steve-o Looking Good! I installed all black on mine, but sometimes I put green on too, depends on my mood

Batman black (resized).jpgBatman black (resized).jpg
    #2841 30 days ago

Hi All, Day one of TPF in the books. Once again this venue is fantastic. Big shout out to Dominator for bringing his fully restored H20 for everyone to see and play at my booth. A two year restoration and the best looking H20 on the planet with the new white HALOGRAPHIC-Pro's installed.

TPF Booth 2024 (resized).jpgTPF Booth 2024 (resized).jpgH20 TPF 2024 (resized).jpgH20 TPF 2024 (resized).jpgH20 _2 (resized).jpgH20 _2 (resized).jpg
    #2842 30 days ago

Stopped by the booth and picked up my first set. Excited to get them installed. Thank you 1956PINHEAD for the exceptional customer service.

#2843 30 days ago

Thanks John for holding my AIQ spinner yesterday. Glad I got one before they sold out.

Precision Pinball is awesome.
    They probably have the best playing Jaws Pro on the floor here at TPF too.
    Snappy!

I’m going to order more stuff in the future for sure.
    Was great meeting you in person.

#2844 30 days ago

Whitewater is what i'm waiting on the white halo's for.

Mines whiter than most. Just need white boulder set.

ww4 (resized).jpgww4 (resized).jpg

#2845 30 days ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Hi All, Day one of TPF in the books. Once again this venue is fantastic. Big shout out to Dominator for bringing his fully restored H20 for everyone to see and play at my booth. A two year restoration and the best looking H20 on the planet with the new white HALOGRAPHIC-Pro's installed.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I'm tall I guess but "dominator" might be a stretch.

#2846 30 days ago
    Quoted from Damonator:

I'm tall I guess but "dominator" might be a stretch.

You dominated that rebuild

You should post a video of it being played

#2847 29 days ago

Damonator Sorry about that, it was a long day and my brain wasn't firing on all clyinders yet when I posted. Your the best for bringing your awsome game to the show and placing it in my booth for everyone to play. The game is the hit of the show for H20 and Bally Williams fans, just over the top great looking game.

FireKingpin & NimblePin thank you for the kudos and kind words. Was good to meet you both and very happy you like my products, makes all the effort to do these shows worth it.

punkin PM me and I'll get you hooked up with some white Halo's on the next production run, sold out at the show.

#2848 29 days ago

How are the white halos coming along? Are the powdercoated? Cerakoated? Other?

#2849 29 days ago

what do the white Halo's look like ?

will be in touch after the show 1956PINHEAD - did not want to hassle you a week prior.

Cheers

#2850 29 days ago

Getting ready for day three here at TPF. Here's a photo of the white powdercoated flippers.

White Prototypes (resized).jpgWhite Prototypes (resized).jpg
    There are 2,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 59.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/review-precision-pinball-products-cnc-flipper-system/page/57?hl=1956pinhead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.