Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,934 posts
  • 325 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by kyinwa
  • Topic is favorited by 191 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

70200477285__4506A207-1186-4D98-9B84-C6E9DFB6AD0C (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1648 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1651 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6936 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6938 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6932 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2794 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2795 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2793 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2792 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0938 (resized).jpeg (©  Of my)
    20240331_194423 (resized).jpg
    Jaws Disc 3 (resized).jpg
    Jaws Disc 1 (resized).jpg
    Jaws Bushing (resized).jpg
    Review_–_Precision_Pinball_Products_CNC_Flipper_System_All_modding!_Pinside.com_-_2024-03-28_05.09.46 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,934 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 59.
    #2751 3 months ago

I asked John this via PM, but since he's taking a well-deserved break at the moment I figured I'd post here as well.

Has anyone ever had a flipper bat become so attached to the shaft that the puller will not release it? I took my halo shafts and bats off my Foo Fighters to replace the plastic bushing with metal ones. After putting the shafts back in place, I obviously needed to tweak the position of the bats. I was able to pop the left flipper off with no problem using the puller, but all attempts to release the right bat from the shaft have failed... I've broken 3 screws trying to get enough leverage to pop it off. Anyone have ideas how to get the bat off the shaft if the puller doesn't work? Should I just look for some better quality screws and keep on trying to use the puller?

#2752 3 months ago

parsonsaj I just returned back from holiday and got your message, check your inbox. Short response is better screws (18-8 Stainless Steel), I have them and can send you some.
    Thanks,
    John

#2753 3 months ago
    Quoted from parsonsaj:

Has anyone ever had a flipper bat become so attached to the shaft that the puller will not release it?

I had a similar problem until I realized I forgot to remove the cap screw first. I'm not suggesting you made the same mistake, but that was my problem.

#2754 3 months ago
    Quoted from MayDave:

I had a similar problem until I realized I forgot to remove the cap screw first. I'm not suggesting you made the same mistake, but that was my problem.

I have definitely done that in the past but I did learn from my mistake and didn’t do it this time.

#2755 3 months ago
    Quoted from parsonsaj:

I asked John this via PM, but since he's taking a well-deserved break at the moment I figured I'd post here as well.
    Has anyone ever had a flipper bat become so attached to the shaft that the puller will not release it? I took my halo shafts and bats off my Foo Fighters to replace the plastic bushing with metal ones. After putting the shafts back in place, I obviously needed to tweak the position of the bats. I was able to pop the left flipper off with no problem using the puller, but all attempts to release the right bat from the shaft have failed... I've broken 3 screws trying to get enough leverage to pop it off. Anyone have ideas how to get the bat off the shaft if the puller doesn't work? Should I just look for some better quality screws and keep on trying to use the puller?

If it was me, i'd drill a hole in a piece of wood for the shaft to go through and the bat to sit flat, put a longer screw in the hole that holds the bat on and hit the top of the screw with a soft hammer.

#2756 3 months ago

Picked up an ST Premium to put on location. Wasn't going to put halos on it since it's going out, it's a simple layout and played fine. But had a spare set of shafts so figured I'd try them before putting it out just for sport. Had a set of gunmetal halos handy so just threw them on - would never have thought to go that route, but damn they look sharp with purple rubber here. And while I didn't really figure it'd be a huge dif in play on this one...yeah, it's buttery now.

Guess another is going on route with Halos. Bastards better pump some quarters in it to pay for them :p

PXL_20231229_023621988.NIGHT~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20231229_023621988.NIGHT~2 (resized).jpg
    #2757 3 months ago

That looks fantastic with the gun metal/purple combo. May have to do this on my ST.

1 week later
    #2758 3 months ago

Any tips on keeping the edges on top of these from getting banged up? It doesn’t really happen on most of my games, but the left flipper on my GZ premium is pretty beat up, and only after like 30 games. ☹️

IMG_4149 (resized).jpegIMG_4149 (resized).jpeg
    #2759 3 months ago

Chopplebrains It looks like your flipper rubber is rounded off some near the upper area and worn as well mid way to the tip. You might try replacing the rubber, and also just cheat it up upward about 1/16", this may help. While this has happened to a few, it's not a common thing to get that many ball marks that high up the flipper bat as that's not where the ball makes contact during normal play and with good rubber installed.

What does the right flipper look like?

#2760 3 months ago

I'd be looking at fixing the airballs that are causing it.

#2761 3 months ago

That orange and blue combo looks perfect

#2762 3 months ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Chopplebrains It looks like your flipper rubber is rounded off some near the upper area and worn as well mid way to the tip. You might try replacing the rubber, and also just cheat it up upward about 1/16", this may help. While this has happened to a few, it's not a common thing to get that many ball marks that high up the flipper bat as that's not where the ball makes contact during normal play and with good rubber installed.
    What does the right flipper look like?

The rubber is brand new titan. Got awfully dirty though. I’ll try reseating it slightly higher. I’m guessing there’s some hard returns/bkunces. Power is turned down and doesn’t feel too high but I’ll look at that too. Right flipper has no dings, it’s all on the left.

#2763 3 months ago
    Quoted from MiniPinHead:

That orange and blue combo looks perfect

Thanks! It’s fun to play with color combos. I really like the way precision flippers look - nice anodized aluminum

#2764 3 months ago

Chopplebrains You may have to lower the coil power a tad more as it does look as if you are getting some air balls coming back at the flipper. The game geometry/layout may tend to direct balls back to the left flipper more than the right, hence your left flipper is the one that's showing the ball marking.

I'd suggest you lower the coil power down some more until the flipper response is less then optimal, then work your way back up to find the sweet spot. Hope this helps you. Those are good color choices for that game!

#2765 3 months ago

I just picked up ACNC and I have a precision kit for modern Stern machines laying around. What's the difference between the Stern and Spooky kits? I wanted to swap it into Alice to see if I liked them in my new Spooky pin before purchasing, but not sure if I'll run into issues?

#2766 3 months ago

Npbassman The only difference between the flipper kits are the bushings, they vary in length. The flipper shafts and flipper bats are all universal fitment, it's just the bushings that must be matched to the game manufacturer. Spooky to Spooky, Stern to Stern, and all others game manufacturers combined into one type.

#2767 3 months ago

Curious if any other Twilght Zone owners are in here and can report on their experience with the precision upgrades?! I added the full kit on all flippers and while they “feel” great they are sending balls in all sorts on directions! The power difference is really noticeable and god help you if you get the powerball, Airballs galore! Guessing I may need to revert back to my old setup but maybe just keep the bushings?

#2768 3 months ago
    Quoted from atg1469:

Curious if any other Twilght Zone owners are in here and can report on their experience with the precision upgrades?! I added the full kit on all flippers and while they “feel” great they are sending balls in all sorts on directions! The power difference is really noticeable and god help you if you get the powerball, Airballs galore! Guessing I may need to revert back to my old setup but maybe just keep the bushings?

For older games that don’t have coil strength settings you’ll want to put in lower strength coils. Hopefully someone here can advise by how much, from what color to another. This is mostly why I haven’t bothered putting this system in a WPC era game yet.

#2769 3 months ago
    Quoted from SiN13:

For older games that don’t have coil strength settings you’ll want to put in lower strength coils. Hopefully someone here can advise by how much, from what color to another. This is mostly why I haven’t bothered putting this system in a WPC era game yet.

Now you tell me! If I would’ve known that I would not have switched either. I just had a few extra halos from another build sitting around and caught the Black Friday fever. Figured what the hell, might as well put them on all my games! Lesson learned. I’ll probably give the old setup a try with the precision bushings, see if that helps. If not I’ll go back to stock.

#2770 3 months ago

Anyone thrown a set on Labyrinth yet? Assuming it’s the normal Bally/williams set that works?

#2771 3 months ago

JPloof I've received a few orders for Labyrinth, Copper seems to be the color of choice so far. Yes, the B/W set is what you would order for that game. I'll be updating my store listings to add Barrels of Fun (BOF) onto the list of game manufacturers soon.

1 week later
    #2772 81 days ago

I just put a set of lower flippers on my Lebowski and Wonka and good gosh my scores have jumped!
    Excited to get the mini for the upper playfield on Lebowski.
    Might also do the top 2 on wonka. Love em!

20240122_170516 (resized).jpg20240122_170516 (resized).jpg20240122_170524 (resized).jpg20240122_170524 (resized).jpg
    #2773 79 days ago

Got the mini flipper today for Lebowski and it was a crazy easy install!
    Just needed a 3/8 Socket for the nut.
    There is a small back plastic washer that snagged for the original flipper.
    Took more time to take the glass off and lift the playfield then it took to do the install.

20240124_195958 (resized).jpg20240124_195958 (resized).jpg20240124_200302 (resized).jpg20240124_200302 (resized).jpg20240124_200414 (resized).jpg20240124_200414 (resized).jpg20240124_200643 (resized).jpg20240124_200643 (resized).jpg20240124_201735 (resized).jpg20240124_201735 (resized).jpg
    #2774 79 days ago

bossk4hire Thank you for posting this information as I've had a few others inquire about swaping out that mini. Much appreciated!

#2775 79 days ago

Speaking of Lebowski, the copper looks fantastic here. Debated blue or white bands; went with white superbands. Significant improvement in play - busted my GC on my second game.

PXL_20240125_021314804 (resized).jpgPXL_20240125_021314804 (resized).jpgPXL_20240125_022958904 (resized).jpgPXL_20240125_022958904 (resized).jpg
    #2776 79 days ago

Ollulanus Glad you tried that Gold, they really do look good with the white bands

#2777 78 days ago

Just moved to Halo's from solids on the Mando, love it, especially the copper, as others have said, Halo's have a little more natural feel, closer to the original flippers, also moved to Super Bands, so far so good, Titans just don't last, really impressed how the halo looks, should have chose that in the beginning.....
    Thanks John

IMG_6227 (resized).jpgIMG_6227 (resized).jpgIMG_6228 (resized).jpgIMG_6228 (resized).jpg
    #2778 78 days ago

Watching Carl on IE Pinball I'm curious if he uses modified flippers, coils or mechs on his games? The consistency in making the shots and repeating some shots on for instance Godzilla is mindblowing. Even with cold coils I can rarely get the ball around the loop more than two times using the top left flipper. And his shots are always powerful and correctly aimed. Is it just his (amazing) skill-level or something more?

#2779 78 days ago
    Quoted from JayLar:

Watching Carl on IE Pinball I'm curious if he uses modified flippers, coils or mechs on his games? The consistency in making the shots and repeating some shots on for instance Godzilla is mindblowing. Even with cold coils I can rarely get the ball around the loop more than two times using the top left flipper. And his shots are always powerful and correctly aimed. Is it just his (amazing) skill-level or something more?

Some people are naturally gifted, I'm not one of them, was watching a recent video on Godzilla gameplay, the guy hit right ramp perfectly 8 straight times, I thought the video was looped, nope, that good.
    Will say since I put Precision's in months ago I'm definitely more able to hit consistent hard shots like the 180 on Mando, but I'm still not that great, working on it, spent way too much time last bunch of months modding Mando/Godzilla, time to get serious......

#2780 78 days ago
    Quoted from JayLar:

Is it just his (amazing) skill-level

pretty much yep

#2781 77 days ago

My experience is that my top left flipper would never have the consistent power to hit the loop more than two times even if I did aim perfectly every time. It usually feel weak after first two shots. That's why I wonder how Carl does it. I still see the possibility that it is down to skill though.

#2782 76 days ago

JayLar On that upper left flipper on GZ it's also about setting up the angle of the flipper in the resting position. I played with that some on my GZ and a little tweak can help with that loop shot. Give it a try, it might help.

#2783 76 days ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

JayLar On that upper left flipper on GZ it's also about setting up the angle of the flipper in the resting position. I played with that some on my GZ and a little tweak can help with that loop shot. Give it a try, it might help.

Can we see a pic of that? I think im out as far as I can without the ball hitting the flipper as it passes. Thx

#2784 76 days ago

Hayfarmer This is where I have mine set, it's a bit agressive and could be moved back in just a tad, but that's the sweet spot for me. Even with it set where it's at I almost never get any balls making contact with the tip of the flipper. With my precision's installed the ball goes where I want it to go each and every time. This setting will no doubt change your shot timing, so once you get that recalibrated you'll be set. Your results may vary

GZ Upr left (resized).jpgGZ Upr left (resized).jpg
    #2785 76 days ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

. With my precision's installed the ball goes where I want it to go each and every time.

It's about time.

You've earned a boast after the journey they put you through John.

#2786 76 days ago

punkin Thanks man. One of the things I like most is the feedback I get from a wide range of players who write me to tell me how much they like them, and how much better their games play. The Precision Pinball owners community gets bigger every month, and that's a good thing

#2787 75 days ago

Any advice on settings for Elvira HOH? I don't see it in the database. I turned them down to 240 and that definitely doesn't seem like enough. The ball kicks back out of the front door of the house. The red ones do look great!

20240122_180325 (resized).jpg20240122_180325 (resized).jpg
    #2788 75 days ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Any advice on settings for Elvira HOH? I don't see it in the database. I turned them down to 240 and that definitely doesn't seem like enough. The ball kicks back out of the front door of the house. The red ones do look great![quoted image]

I have mine turned down to like 225 on EHOH at 6.75 degree pitch.

#2789 75 days ago

John_I I have my coil power turned down to 220 on BRK left and right respectively. That might be just a tad low, but give that a try. I like to go way low then take them back up in small increments until I find the sweet spot. Also, it's not uncommon for this game to get rejects from the house, there are a couple tricks to help reduce that. One solution is to place one or two small pieces of velcrow (the cloth side) to the inside of the plastic scoop behind the house ramp, does a pretty good job of preventing rejections. I think there's a few postings of that in the EHOH's owners forum thread.

BTW, That red is the perfect color combo for that game, good choice!

1 week later
    #2790 67 days ago

I still want white, but these do look sharp

Haven't played enough to dial in, but set at 195 left, 225 right for now. Need to play with the angles and power on the right a bit more though, little tough on the left spinner shot. Think it might need a little less juice to smooth it out.

PXL_20240206_014852041 (resized).jpgPXL_20240206_014852041 (resized).jpg
    #2791 66 days ago
    Quoted from Ollulanus:

I still want white, but these do look sharp
    Haven't played enough to dial in, but set at 195 left, 225 right for now. Need to play with the angles and power on the right a bit more though, little tough on the left spinner shot. Think it might need a little less juice to smooth it out.
    [quoted image]

Those do look nice. I've stopped using anything but real rubber on flippers, so pretty much limited to black, yellow and red.

#2792 66 days ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Those do look nice. I've stopped using anything but real rubber on flippers, so pretty much limited to black, yellow and red.

Those are superbands. I'm not a huge fan of the way they play, but for route pins it's the way to go. Last forever and don't even get dirty.

Personally, I think standard titans on halos play very similar to black rubber. They just don't last long enough for routing.

#2793 66 days ago

Ollulanus That blue/white combo looks good. I had been considering doing a light blue for Jaws as well. What are your thoughts on that color flipper bat?

#2794 66 days ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Ollulanus That blue/white combo looks good. I had been considering doing a light blue for Jaws as well. What are your thoughts on that color flipper bat?

The light blue would work with any water themed games. JAWS come to mind, as does White Water and CFTBL. I am sure there are others too with light blue areas in the lower playfield (No-Good Gofers, Funhouse, Roadshow, RollerCoasterTycoon)

#2795 66 days ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Personally I think the darker blue would be my preference, but I'm guessing either would look good. Actually, I bet the gray would look great here too with light blue titans.

#2796 61 days ago

Just a quick note to let everyone know that I'll be at the Texas Pinball Festival again this year. I'll have two machines set up for play and of course flipper kits available at the show. If you're planning to go please make sure to stop by and say hello. Looking forward to seeing everyone again this year, and getting out of the 'flipper factory' for a few days to just have some fun

#2797 58 days ago

Gold flippers with glow in the dark Titan silicone pops on Foo Pro, especially with clip protectors and uv light.

I should have my Rush LE set up with copper halo's tonight

IMG_5247 (resized).jpegIMG_5247 (resized).jpegIMG_5249 (resized).jpegIMG_5249 (resized).jpegIMG_5251 (resized).jpegIMG_5251 (resized).jpeg

#2799 58 days ago

JJP Godfather. The best looking colors were gold and red. Given the light shows on GF are heavily-red, that tended to wash out with the red flippers. Ended up with Gold Halos here, looks great. And this shoots magnificently with the precisions.
    IMG_1304 (resized).jpegIMG_1304 (resized).jpegIMG_1306 (resized).jpegIMG_1306 (resized).jpeg

IMG_1276 (resized).jpegIMG_1276 (resized).jpeg
    #2800 58 days ago

DiabloRush Another fine looking installation. Nice looking gameroom! Where's the cocktail bar located?

There are 2,934 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 59.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/review-precision-pinball-products-cnc-flipper-system/page/56?hl=1956pinhead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.