Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,934 posts
  • 325 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by kyinwa
  • Topic is favorited by 191 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

70200477285__4506A207-1186-4D98-9B84-C6E9DFB6AD0C (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1648 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1651 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6936 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6938 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6932 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2794 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2795 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2793 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2792 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0938 (resized).jpeg (©  Of my)
    20240331_194423 (resized).jpg
    Jaws Disc 3 (resized).jpg
    Jaws Disc 1 (resized).jpg
    Jaws Bushing (resized).jpg
    Review_–_Precision_Pinball_Products_CNC_Flipper_System_All_modding!_Pinside.com_-_2024-03-28_05.09.46 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,934 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 59.
    #2701 4 months ago

For those who are looking forward to my Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale please use the discount code shown below. Good through Monday the 27th.

Discount Code: 2023HOLIDAY-SPECIAL

#2702 4 months ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

For those who are looking forward to my Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale please use the discount code shown below. Good through Monday the 27th.
    Discount Code: 2023HOLIDAY-SPECIAL

Is this active yet? I’m getting “Invalid coupon. Please try again”.

#2703 4 months ago
    Quoted from SiN13:

Is this active yet? I’m getting “Invalid coupon. Please try again”.

Not working yet, might be set to Pacific time?

#2704 4 months ago

I'm sorry, try lower case letters, code is now active.

#2705 4 months ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

I'm sorry, try lower case letters, code is now active.

I had to use the ‘2023bf-special’ code quoted on the web site, the other one wouldn’t work.
    Can’t wait to try the Halos out on Rush!

#2706 4 months ago

What are the upper playfield flipper parts you need to add onto the order for Lebowski? I only see an option for a two flipper kit no 3 kits.

#2707 4 months ago

2 1/4 mini flipper and extended shaft. John said you do not need a bushing. I just ordered a set for my TBL.

Quoted from JimB:

What are the upper playfield flipper parts you need to add onto the order for Lebowski? I only see an option for a two flipper kit no 3 kits.

#2708 4 months ago

I was just going to adjust my flippers on Foo to change the angle a bit and then also though about maybe giving these a try. The shots of foo are so unrepeatable for me compared to Godzilla. My problem is that my allen screw that tightens the flipper in is so tight I feel like I'm going to break my allen wrench. It just wont budge. Is this common with Sterns newer games? Any tips? I could bring in a soldering iron and try to heat it up to loosen but just asking for any prior tips.

#2709 4 months ago

dpadam450 The Stern Factory must use an electric driver to tighten the flipper clamp screws because yes, they are super duper tight. I use an extended length hex wrench on them when removing to install my flipper system. Just make sure you have the hex seated all the way in the screw to avoid stripping the hex on the wrench and or the screw. Once they break free your good.

When re-installing I place a small drop of 3-in-one oil on the tip of the screw threads before inserting back into the clamp. This really helps reduce the friction between the screw and the threads in the clamp. It will go back together much easier and you can get a better feel for how much torque you need to sinch it back down. Hope this helps you.

#2710 4 months ago

I bought T handle keys for this.

#2711 4 months ago
    Quoted from mIkea:

Can’t wait to try the Halos out on Rush!

Looking forward to the report!

#2712 4 months ago
    Quoted from Vespula:

J'attends le reportage avec impatience !

What color did you choose ?

And the Rubbers ?

#2713 4 months ago

Any plans on doing orange anodized precision bats?

#2714 4 months ago

John has a copper in stock, which is a variant on orange. Looks great.

Screenshot 2023-11-28 at 12.30.53?PM (resized).jpgScreenshot 2023-11-28 at 12.30.53?PM (resized).jpg
    #2715 4 months ago

Gold looks good in replacement for orange too.

#2716 4 months ago
    Quoted from DiabloRush:

John has a copper in stock, which is a variant on orange. Looks great.[quoted image]

Copper is good, thanks. I was just browsing Pinside ads, but found the website: https://precisionpinballproducts.com

#2717 4 months ago

I wanted to take a minute to say thank you to all my new customers who took advantage of my holiday sale and welcome you into the Precision Pinball family. I also want to thank all my prior customers who ordered kits as well, you guys are the best!

I'm working to get all these orders processed and shipped out in the order I received them. That said I expect to be caught up in about 7 -10 days. So if you haven't yet received your order please be patient as I am making shipments every day.

Thanks,
    John

#2718 4 months ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

I wanted to take a minute to say thank you to all my new customers who took advantage of my holiday sale and welcome you into the Precision Pinball family. I also want to thank all my prior customers who ordered kits as well, you guys are the best!
    I'm working to get all these orders processed and shipped out in the order I received them. That said I expect to be caught up in about 7 -10 days. So if you haven't yet received your order please be patient as I am making shipments every day.
    Thanks,
    John

So good to see your idea's, research, sunk costs and hard work come home to you John.

As a customer can i say i appreciate both the product and the service.
    I'm very glad that other people are recognizing a great product.

Thanks mate.

#2719 4 months ago

punkin Thanks for the kind words as you were one of my early customers that took the leap of faith when many were having fun predicting how the product was going to ruin their machines. I knew it would take time to gain acceptance within the community and to that I can say the fan base is growing daily. While there are those that are still hesitant to even try the product, I think at some point they will and it just might surprise them.

What I can say for myself for certain is that when I walk up to any pinball machine without my flipper system installed and play them (old or new) they just feel sluggish. I adjust my play to compensate for this, but I always walk away thinking how much better and snappier the game would play if it had my flipper system installed. It brings old games to life, and brings new games up to the level they should be in modern times, my opinion of course!

I did an installation for a local customer last week over the holiday on 4 of his JJP games. After completing the installation on his first game (GNR) he started playing it right away. The words out of his mouth were, "Wow, what a game changer". When I finished the installation on all four we chatted for about an hour as he was so blown away with how much better the games felt and played. He has a Big Lebowski arriving mid January and requested I come up to do the installation on that game when it comes out of the box.

Those that have installed the product know that what I say in my advertising is true, this product really is: "A Game Changer"

#2720 4 months ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

punkin Thanks for the kind words as you were one of my early customers that took the leap of faith when many were having fun predicting how the product was going to ruin their machines. I knew it would take time to gain acceptance within the community and to that I can say the fan base is growing daily. While there are those that are still hesitant to even try the product, I think at some point they will and it just might surprise them.

What I can say for myself for certain is that when I walk up to any pinball machine without my flipper system installed and play them (old or new) they just feel sluggish. I adjust my play to compensate for this, but I always walk away thinking how much better and snappier the game would play if it had my flipper system installed. It brings old games to life, and brings new games up to the level they should be in modern times, my opinion of course!
    I did an installation for a local customer last week over the holiday on 4 of his JJP games. After completing the installation on his first game (GNR) he started playing it right away. The words out of his mouth were, "Wow, what a game changer". When I finished the installation on all four we chatted for about an hour as he was so blown away with how much better the games felt and played. He has a Big Lebowski arriving mid January and requested I come up to do the installation on that game when it comes out of the box.

Those that have installed the product know that what I say in my advertising is true, this product really is: "A Game Changer"

I can't imagine playing without them! So much better control, tighter shots & they just look damn cool. One of the only mods you can do that actually helps you play better pin, other than taking the glass off!

#2721 4 months ago

John have you been approached by any manufacturer interested in utilizing any part of your system yet? Is this your end goal? Hopefully we never see a cheap Asian copy on any future builds/offerings. Kind of like Stern's Cliffy's on my Rush.

#2722 4 months ago

@ Enchantress I have been in talks with a couple of manufacturers, they are play testing at this time. Naturally I'd like to see one (or more) of the manufacturers adopt the system. Time will tell.

#2723 4 months ago

Got my new to me AIQ LE put back together with Halo flippers (gray) and spinning disk. Absolute must-have game changers!

No more frustrating Black Widow / Captain Marvel rejections, the ball just plows through them. Not to mention they look stunning!

Can't recommend the product, company, and owner more.

PXL_20231201_162440219 (resized).jpgPXL_20231201_162440219 (resized).jpgPXL_20231201_162536510 (resized).jpgPXL_20231201_162536510 (resized).jpg
    #2724 4 months ago
    Quoted from Enchantress:

John have you been approached by any manufacturer interested in utilizing any part of your system yet? Is this your end goal? Hopefully we never see a cheap Asian copy on any future builds/offerings. Kind of like Stern's Cliffy's on my Rush.

I know the Haggis boy's were very interested in the Precision story when they have played my machines at Pinfest Newcastle as we had a conversation about them afterwards.

It may just be co-incidence that John then brought out a flipper model just for the Mermaids, and that Centaur is coming.......

#2725 4 months ago

With the current price of pins the Precision system should have already been implemented.

#2726 4 months ago

On the fence here and I'm sure it has been enumerated before, but which version plays/feels best (whatever your interpretation of that is) and/or closer to original bats. For those who have played both, what is your preference and why? From all the photos posted I find the halo-graphic bats to be a visual distraction to me (i.e. looking through them to a deeper perspective and seeing the playfield art), so I think I'm leaning more towards the solid ones.

#2727 4 months ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

On the fence here and I'm sure it has been enumerated before, but which version plays/feels best (whatever your interpretation of that is) and/or closer to original bats. For those who have played both, what is your preference and why? From all the photos posted I find the halo-graphic bats to be a visual distraction to me (i.e. looking through them to a deeper perspective and seeing the playfield art), so I think I'm leaning more towards the solid ones.

Which machines?

#2728 4 months ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Which machines?

I own a Getaway, Stern Jurassic Park (Prem), and CGC Attack from Mars (LE).

#2729 4 months ago

The modern machines will benefit more in the looks department for me with the halo's. It also happens that i think they perform differently and have more snap. I haven't changed the coils in my AFMrm, or my two Sam's that have them, but others probably would.

You could go either way really on AFM, Getaway if it's a keeper, and i know yours is i'd use the solids.

None of them will feel like standard flippers, but the difference is not startling.

#2730 4 months ago

Mr_Tantrum Because there are several vairables associated with the flipper mechanisms accross the manufacturers, and depending on the overall health/age of the mechanism I can say that in general terms the HALO's will have a little softer feel. Both the solid top and HALO's will deliver the same engergy to the ball, but the HALO's with it's design does allow for some flex to occur whereas the solid tops have no flex at all.

Once one makes the adjustment in the timing of the shots the differences come down to the types of rubber used as this will have a greater effect on feel in my opinion.

#2731 4 months ago

Are the keyed shaft and clamps still available? Can't find them for sale anywhere.

#2732 4 months ago

mattster I am currently out of stock but should have them back in stock near the end of the month.

#2733 4 months ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

mattster I am currently out of stock but should have them back in stock near the end of the month.

Excellent, Thanks!

#2734 4 months ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I prefer the solid ones over the Halos. The Halos have the smallest, and I mean smallest amount of difference or feel to them, but to the novice person, they would not feel it. I agree, Halos distract when I play, but that may be bcuz I am older and my vision is terrible, lol. Or, maybe I just like the old school look of the solid flipper bat. They are both amazing products and I am glad I have them on my machines.

Ken

#2735 4 months ago

I have solids in gz, halos in the rest. Both are great.

#2736 4 months ago
    Quoted from eyeamred2u:

I prefer the solid ones over the Halos. The Halos have the smallest, and I mean smallest amount of difference or feel to them, but to the novice person, they would not feel it. I agree, Halos distract when I play, but that may be bcuz I am older and my vision is terrible, lol. Or, maybe I just like the old school look of the solid flipper bat. They are both amazing products and I am glad I have them on my machines.
    Ken

My pinball friend says it looks like they bend when he flips the halos. They obviously don’t, but his brain plays tricks on him. Because of that I removed all my Halos and just run the solid ones.

#2737 4 months ago

Hey, John. What bushing does Spooky (Rob Zombie) use, do you know?

Couldn't see them listed on your site. I have some purple Halo's here that would fit right in there.

#2738 4 months ago

Just wanted to chime in here... I bought some CNC flippers for my Houdini. It's a machine that needs super precise setup to play well – there's really not a lot of room for error – and the CNC flippers took what I had accomplished and allowed me to dial in the amount of flop I needed in the flippers with total accuracy and fine tweaks. But, interestingly, they are so smooth and clean in their operation that they radically increased the power of the flippers (I can only surmise it results from less friction)... thus, requiring me to notably dial back flipper power. BUT, it makes me think that they would be a fantastic addition to Wonka, which has that soggy JJP flipper feel that several JJP titles have.

Looks like I missed the Black Friday sale ... hopefully Santa will drop some in my stocking!

Anyhow, great product.

T

#2740 4 months ago

27dnast Thanks for posting your comments here. Reducing the coil power will significantly help with reduced flipper fade during long extended periods of play. That is another one of the benefits of this flipper system that spans accross all manufacturers and games. My system removes all the slop in the flipper components which translates into increased flipper response and delivers more energy to the flipper. Glad you are happy with them.

Tell Santa you need another set

#2741 4 months ago

Thanks mate, i was on your site but not in the shop here.

So the BW/stern ones i have will not fit?

#2742 4 months ago

punkin You can modify the BW bushings by shortening the length of the upper stem by 1/16". That should position the flipper at the correct height above the playflield for Spooky games.

#2743 4 months ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

punkin You can modify the BW bushings by shortening the length of the upper stem by 1/16". That should position the flipper at the correct height above the playflield for Spooky games.

All good, i'll just order the bushes when you release the white bats....

#2744 4 months ago
    IMG_5044 (resized).jpegIMG_5044 (resized).jpegIMG_5045 (resized).jpegIMG_5045 (resized).jpeg
    #2745 4 months ago

Pic from a pitch black room after installing my metal bushings and Precision flippers and boy do they feel great!

Venom LE (resized).jpgVenom LE (resized).jpg
    #2746 4 months ago

Yipykya Good looking installation. Glad you like how they play, you've joined an ever growing population of players who have experienced 'The Magic' of this flipper system. If you don't mind please post the photo in the game owners forum thread. Thanks for posting

#2747 4 months ago

Has anyone put either the regular or Halo-graphic Pros in LOTR? How'd you like them? What color did you choose for LOTR?

#2748 4 months ago

Valinor Here's a couple customer photos showing what they chose to install. There are several more that have installed them in this game so hopefully they'll see your post and respond back.

Thanks,
    John

LOTR Gold Halo (resized).jpgLOTR Gold Halo (resized).jpgLOTR Red Solid (resized).jpgLOTR Red Solid (resized).jpg
    #2749 3 months ago

I Wanted to let everyone know that I'll be shutting down for a few days over the Christmas break. My last day for shipping orders for December will be the 22nd. I will resume shipping January 2nd.

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and happy holidays and thank you for all your support of my products.

#2750 3 months ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

I Wanted to let everyone know that I'll be shutting down for a few days over the Christmas break. My last day for shipping orders for December will be the 22nd. I will resume shipping January 2nd.
    Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and happy holidays and thank you for all your support of my products.

Enjoy your break John, can’t wait to see what you have in store for us in 2024!

There are 2,934 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 59.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/review-precision-pinball-products-cnc-flipper-system/page/55?hl=1956pinhead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.