Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,964 posts
  • 326 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 56 minutes ago by mIkea
  • Topic is favorited by 188 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2062 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3125 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3126 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3127 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3129 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3128 (resized).jpeg
    70200477285__4506A207-1186-4D98-9B84-C6E9DFB6AD0C (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1648 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1651 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6936 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6938 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6932 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2794 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2795 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2793 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2792 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,964 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 60.
    #2301 1 year ago

Just finished installing purple Halos with keyed shaft kit on Rick & Morty. The purple looks awesome with the UV apron lighting and glow Titans. Going to tune these in and report back. Definitely need to turn down the flipper power and play with the settings a bit. I dropped the right flipper to 20 and can still backhand the right ramp easily. Install was a little time consuming and tedious, but that’s because of Spooky using mounting plates that have to be dug out in order to access the nuts on the back of the bushing bolts.

83F1F67E-966E-4AC4-9BE8-B88FC16472D4 (resized).jpeg83F1F67E-966E-4AC4-9BE8-B88FC16472D4 (resized).jpeg8DC428FB-D936-44BB-8012-9C5F3468A47D (resized).jpeg8DC428FB-D936-44BB-8012-9C5F3468A47D (resized).jpegC9DA0D07-CECA-496F-82BD-5C4750907B09 (resized).jpegC9DA0D07-CECA-496F-82BD-5C4750907B09 (resized).jpegD85CF043-C459-4FDB-81F0-F43706406F22 (resized).jpegD85CF043-C459-4FDB-81F0-F43706406F22 (resized).jpeg

#2302 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinstym:

[quoted image]

whoa first one I have seen like this. How do you like it? After all it’s a new game

#2303 1 year ago
    Quoted from GCS2000:

whoa first one I have seen like this. How do you like it? After all it’s a new game

I like it better than this.

20230404_201003 (resized).jpg20230404_201003 (resized).jpg
    #2304 1 year ago

I used to be one of those that was o that's not how the game came from the factory but after playing in many leagues tournaments I've changed my attitude as weak coils, broken switches, playfields so dirty also wasn't how they came from factory either. Wow what a game changer!!! Balls that you had absolutely no chance at getting, now you can catch the end of the flipper.

I had them Cerakoted in white. Precision flippers delivers again.

PXL_20230414_154558586 (resized).jpgPXL_20230414_154558586 (resized).jpg

#2305 1 year ago

Here’s my Foo Fighters Pro with red halos.

67566B17-2E7F-4171-9975-5DA16B657442 (resized).jpeg67566B17-2E7F-4171-9975-5DA16B657442 (resized).jpeg
    #2306 1 year ago

Just added a set of 3 to my tmnt prem. Looks and feels great. Anyone find a good setting for them? Thanks! Jeff

#2307 1 year ago

Interestingly enough, I find the difference in Hobbit VERY noticeable (using the keyed shaft and clamp), not to mention that I don't get any flipper fade (had to adjust power down otherwise the ball was flying on the right wireform ramp). Second game, Grand Champion score (OK, it's not very high compared to other players, but it was higher for me). I could align loops and ramps far more easily.

I feel there's less of a perceived difference on my GZ and SW, at least at my skill level. It "feels" better, but it's not as noticeable as on Hobbit.

I have not yet installed it in older Stern machines or WPC for comparison, a friend did and he finds it very useful in WPC, but need to change coil to accomodate for higher power transfer.

Cheers

#2308 1 year ago

My search-fu hasn't provided any hits. I have had these installed on my GZ Prem with the precision bushings for quite awhile now but recently had to tear down the left flipper due to it getting "stuck." I've narrowed it down to either a lack of lubrication (unlikely due to the bronze bushings I see inside) or some sort of damage to the shaft/precision bushing itself (bent perhaps?) either way the shaft and bushing no longer run freely.

I'm going to try some lubrication and some other troubleshooting to see if I can figure it out further, but wondering if anyone else has seen an issue like this to date.

#2309 1 year ago

Nothing been reported here like that. I'm sure John will be in touch.

#2310 1 year ago

KidRichard When things get sticky or a flipper starts to drag or hang up it's typically due to the flipper shaft clamp gap being to close and riding on the bushing. If you've validated that you have a little gap/float in the flipper shaft vertically when all is tight then there is something else going on for sure.

Feel free to PM me and we can work through it. Not likely the shaft is bent, but I suppose it could happen.

#2311 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

KidRichard When things get sticky or a flipper starts to drag or hang up it's typically due to the flipper shaft clamp gap being to close and riding on the bushing. If you've validated that you have a little gap/float in the flipper shaft vertically when all is tight then there is something else going on for sure.
    Feel free to PM me and we can work through it. Not likely the shaft is bent, but I suppose it could happen.

See the PM, but crisis successfully averted. Something akin to "percussive maintenance" solved the problem

To add to the pile, I just want to reiterate to everyone following along with this thread, I really dig this precision flipper product. I have no idea if it helps my game or not, but it's super cool and generally lovely!

#2312 1 year ago
    Quoted from KidRichard:

See the PM, but crisis successfully averted. Something akin to "percussive maintenance" solved the problem
    To add to the pile, I just want to reiterate to everyone following along with this thread, I really dig this precision flipper product. I have no idea if it helps my game or not, but it's super cool and generally lovely!

We were talking about that kind of hammer stuff the other day.

I said that's the difference that a car technician has from a car mechanic. A mechanic has no idea what to do with a usb cord, and a technician has no idea what to do with a 5 pound hammer.

#2313 1 year ago
    0B810453-815D-41BB-886A-6D46401DD8FE (resized).jpeg0B810453-815D-41BB-886A-6D46401DD8FE (resized).jpegB6C1694F-8E32-4655-9FA3-1F686A386CFE (resized).jpegB6C1694F-8E32-4655-9FA3-1F686A386CFE (resized).jpeg
    #2315 1 year ago

Need shiny gold halos for this pin!

#2316 1 year ago

got them installed on Queen today, I had to drill the bushing holes on playfield bc the precision one was just slightly bigger than the plastic ones. definitely feels better.

20230421_151111 (resized).jpg20230421_151111 (resized).jpg

also put a set on cactus canyon. middle ramp is achievable now lol sorry for bad pic

20230421_160633 (resized).jpg20230421_160633 (resized).jpg
    #2317 1 year ago

Just dropping by to say these are fantastic!

I met John at TPF, played his test AIQ, and decided to try a set for my Star Wars Premium. They look and feel amazing, and have definitely improved my accuracy on several shots.

Highly recommend the product, and the owner could not be a nicer guy!

PXL_20230416_203349373 (resized).jpgPXL_20230416_203349373 (resized).jpg
    #2318 1 year ago

So I have had my halo kit on my desk for about 3 weeks now and I’m finally gonna take the plunge and install in my MBR today. Anything I need to know about doing this? Any install videos out there from anyone?

#2319 1 year ago

GCS2000 Here is a video that will show the install on a GNR, pretty much the same for all the games that use the Bally Williams style flipper mech/clamps.

#2320 1 year ago

You guys like pictures? Here you go. For me these are a must have upgrade. Makes playing every game more fun for me.

IMG_3274 (resized).jpgIMG_3274 (resized).jpgIMG_3275 (resized).jpgIMG_3275 (resized).jpgIMG_3276 (resized).jpgIMG_3276 (resized).jpgIMG_3277 (resized).jpgIMG_3277 (resized).jpgIMG_3278 (resized).jpgIMG_3278 (resized).jpgIMG_3279 (resized).jpgIMG_3279 (resized).jpg
    #2321 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

GCS2000 Here is a video that will show the install on a GNR, pretty much the same for all the games that use the Bally Williams style flipper mech/clamps.

Thanks.

Sadly looks like I already messed up lol.

Taking the plastic bushing off something fell off of two of the screws no idea what it they were. Looked everywhere and cannot find anything in the cabinet.

Do I still need this?

Looking at the plastic bushing it has indentations for a spacer or washer or something but the new bushings do not they are flat and smooth.

Thoughts?

#2322 1 year ago
    Quoted from GCS2000:

Taking the plastic bushing off something fell off of two of the screws no idea what it they were. Looked everywhere and cannot find anything in the cabinet.

Damn, I did the same thing. Unfortunately you might need to run to the HW store. When replacing the bushings you HAVE to remove the whole mechanism so you can loosen the tiny bolts that hold the bushings on.

Take off a still intact flipper and look at the top of the bushings, they have three little machine screws and bolts. You have to remove the bolts from the top. I easily found replacements for the screws and bolts at the local HW store.

#2323 1 year ago
    Quoted from Var1AbL3:

Damn, I did the same thing. Unfortunately you might need to run to the HW store. When replacing the bushings you HAVE to remove the whole mechanism so you can loosen the tiny bolts that hold the bushings on.
    Take off a still intact flipper and look at the top of the bushings, they have three little machine screws and bolts. You have to remove the bolts from the top. I easily found replacements for the screws and bolts at the local HW store.

I have the bolts and nuts no issue there. The new bushing is installed bolts and nuts tightened just fine. I think what fell might have been some sort of plastic washer for the the plastic bushings.

The mech is back installed to the playfield. Now trying to figure out the new clamp arm install since I got the full Monty based on John’s recommendation

#2324 1 year ago

Can someone confirm this looks correct? I have not tightened things down yet. This the left flipper on MBR with new bushing and linkage kit

I think it’s right but since this is my first time I just want to double check.

I know I need to get vertical spacing adjusted before clamping down and not to overtighten either. And yes the spring is not attached yet.

TIA for your help
    IMG_6605 (resized).jpegIMG_6605 (resized).jpeg

And is it me or is this flipper sitting up really high from the playfield
    IMG_6606 (resized).jpegIMG_6606 (resized).jpeg

#2325 1 year ago

The MBR install looks great. When the flipper rotates, it will close the EOS switch, just like it should. And yes, these flippers have a bit of material removed from the bottom. That’s normal. The flipper rubber (the part that counts) is still in the same location. Everything looks good here.

#2326 1 year ago

Works well with a Proc so far. Only tested for a couple hours so far but noticeably less flipper fade.

Thumbs up

IMG_4092 (resized).jpegIMG_4092 (resized).jpeg
    #2327 1 year ago
    Quoted from DiabloRush:

The MBR install looks great. When the flipper rotates, it will close the EOS switch, just like it should. And yes, these flippers have a bit of material removed from the bottom. That’s normal. The flipper rubber (the part that counts) is still in the same location. Everything looks good here.

Great thanks. Right one was way easier since I had an idea of how to do it. Moment of truth coming up

Will turn the flipper power down first though

#2328 1 year ago

Thanks @ DiabloRush for assisting GSC2000. I've been at the flipper factory (AKA: Machine Shop) all day working on the next run of flipper kits and cutting some prototypes for Haggis. I machined some flippers that mirror the one's they use on Fathom. I'm sending those out to them next week for them to play test and get some feedback. Photo attached.

@GSC2000 if you need any assistance feel free to PM me or give me a call.

Fathom Prototype (resized).jpgFathom Prototype (resized).jpgFathom top_bottom (resized).jpgFathom top_bottom (resized).jpg
    #2329 1 year ago

Pdxmonkey I think you're the first to install on that game. Please give us a little more feeback after you've played a few days.

#2330 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Thanks @ DiabloRush for assisting GSC2000. I've been at the flipper factory (AKA: Machine Shop) all day working on the next run of flipper kits and cutting some prototypes for Haggis. I machined some flippers that mirror the one's they use on Fathom. I'm sending those out to them next week for them to play test and get some feedback. Photo attached.
    @GSC2000 if you need any assistance feel free to PM me or give me a call.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

That's ace news John!

Could be your first factory gig.

i mentioned the flippers to the boys last Pinfest newcastle and Damian and Marty played Tron with Precision solids on it i think... Maybe it had halos back then, but i'm thinking they were solids.

#2331 1 year ago

Duster72 What a great line up of games! Glad you are liking the flippers

#2332 1 year ago

punkin Thanks, Yup it would be great if they decided to incorporate into that game. BTW, I played that game at TPF and I thought it was one of the best playing games there. I was totally impressed with how it looked and played, they really did a great job on it. I'd like to add it to my home line up at some point soon.

#2333 1 year ago

1956PINHEAD all good John it was me just being overly cautious but everything worked out just fine. Put in a few games and they feel pretty good. Still working to dial things in and find the proper combo of power and position of the flippers.

I do have one question. I have read here several times or so I thought not to over tighten things so I made them snug but didn’t crank on them. When I read through the instructions again it said to make them very tight like the factory etc

So I am confused am I to crank down and things as tight as I can or just good and snug?

FYI I am using halos with the new clamps on an MBR.

IMG_6608 (resized).jpegIMG_6608 (resized).jpeg
    #2334 1 year ago

GCS2000 Snug is OK since you have the keyed shaft set-up. If you do have any flipper movement then just tighten the flipper retaining screws a tad more, but if nothing is moving your good to go. Enjoy!

#2335 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

GCS2000 Snug is OK since you have the keyed shaft set-up. If you do have any flipper movement then just tighten the flipper retaining screws a tad more, but if nothing is moving your good to go. Enjoy!

Yep so far so good. Will give them some more plays and then pop the hood and check the snugness.

I am sure this has been asked before so I apologize for not finding it in the search. Is there any functional reason for using halos over the full normal flipper style or is it mainly cosmetic?

I have halos and I am still not 100% certain I like the look. Probably because I am so used to the old full flipper look

#2336 1 year ago

Halos are lighter. I had to dial them down significantly on R&M. I reduced power by 20% to start and the right flipper promptly fired the ball into the Anatomy Park sign and snapped the bracket.

#2337 1 year ago

GCS2000 As gambit3113 stated the HALO's are a few grams lighter but the primary differences are the way the ball reacts off the flipper during dead bounce and live catch etc. I wouldn't say one is better than the other, it just really comes down to your style of play. They both transfer the same amount of energy to the ball but the solid's do that with a little more effeciency because they do not flex. Since you'll be dialing down the flipper coil power with either version you'll be able to set the game up to play the way you like while also enjoying the benefits of significantly less flipper fade over extended periods of play.

Lastly, the great thing about this system is that you can easily change the flipper's, something that was a PITA with the OEM set-up. So if you wanted to try the solid top version you can swap them out in about 5 minutes or less, and do it all from above the playfield. I have a lot of customers who have both types, it's split about 50-50 in terms of what they like as it also depends on the machine as well. Hope this helps you

#2338 1 year ago

Installed these last week on our very first home pin to boot!

Noticed a difference right away with accuracy and power. We are not very good pin players so it definitely help with practicing our shots.

John was super helpful and responsive as well to questions

IMG_6298 (resized).jpegIMG_6298 (resized).jpeg
    #2339 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

GCS2000 As gambit3113 stated the HALO's are a few grams lighter but the primary differences are the way the ball reacts off the flipper during dead bounce and live catch etc. I wouldn't say one is better than the other, it just really comes down to your style of play. They both transfer the same amount of energy to the ball but the solid's do that with a little more effeciency because they do not flex. Since you'll be dialing down the flipper coil power with either version you'll be able to set the game up to play the way you like while also enjoying the benefits of significantly less flipper fade over extended periods of play.
    Lastly, the great thing about this system is that you can easily change the flipper's, something that was a PITA with the OEM set-up. So if you wanted to try the solid top version you can swap them out in about 5 minutes or less, and do it all from above the playfield. I have a lot of customers who have both types, it's split about 50-50 in terms of what they like as it also depends on the machine as well. Hope this helps you

Appreciate the explanation and it makes sense. I’ll probably get some solids to play with as well

Thanks

BTW anyone have recommendations for flipper settings for MBR?

#2340 1 year ago
    Quoted from Duster72:

You guys like pictures? Here you go. For me these are a must have upgrade. Makes playing every game more fun for me.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Just curious what coils did you go with on the WCS since you cannot adjust flipper strength on this game?

#2341 1 year ago
    Quoted from GCS2000:

Just curious what coils did you go with on the WCS since you cannot adjust flipper strength on this game?

Good question. I had bought a variety of coils to experiment with, but I haven't changed them yet - I just got this game put back together last week. After a few plays I actually thought I would leave them as-is, but I have been having some airballs, so I will probably go one step down.

#2342 1 year ago

Long shot, but has anyone installed Halos in Bond 60th yet? Would love to see photos

#2343 1 year ago

Has anyone installed these on early solid-state games? I'm late to the party and have only read about half of this thread so sorry if it's been mentioned already. I think the Halos would look pretty sweet in my firepower. (I'm thinking either the silver, red, or black). The flipper mechs are converted to WPC style, so I'm assuming I would order the HALOGRAPHIC-PRO KITS FOR JJP, CGC, DUTCH, PBROS, APB, B/W. Anything else I need to know or consider?

#2344 1 year ago

Foxxstone_80 Yes, these have been installed into some of those games. Since you have converted the flipper mech to WPC style yes, you would order the kit as you've noted. Please note that you might also have to reduce the coil power/strength from what you currently have installed as this flipper system will impart more energy to the ball. Some have already done this coil swap and might be able to chim in with what they used. You could always play test then adjust or go from there if you need to reduce coil power.

Thank you.

#2345 1 year ago

Red/Gold turned out pretty well on Foo Fighters IMO. 1956PINHEAD will you have an keyed extended flipper shaft available for the upper flipper?

IMG_3317 (resized).jpgIMG_3317 (resized).jpg
    #2346 1 year ago

Duster72 Good looking game photo, nice choice on colors. I'm not sure about making the extended shafts in the keyed version because the torque load on the mini's is about 50% less than on the standard flipper. If you want to send me a PM with some verification of shaft length (and photos) that would be good as I haven't yet received my Foo Premium to do any design work yet.

Thank you!

#2347 1 year ago
    Quoted from Duster72:

Red/Gold turned out pretty well on Foo Fighters IMO. 1956PINHEAD will you have an keyed extended flipper shaft available for the upper flipper?
    [quoted image]

Thanks for posting that. It's the exact combination I've been considering for my LE arriving tomorrow. Looks great! Which flipper rubbers are these?

#2348 1 year ago

Got some samples back this morning of what I'm calling Foo LE Green. It's a little more saturated/deeper green than my standard green. What do you think?

I really do like the Gold with the Red bands though, that's a really good combination!

FOO GRN_01 (resized).jpgFOO GRN_01 (resized).jpgFOO GRN_02 (resized).jpgFOO GRN_02 (resized).jpg

#2349 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Got some samples back this morning of what I'm calling Foo LE Green. It's a little more saturated/deeper green than my standard green. What do you think?

This is almost the EXACT same shade as the powder coat on my Scooby-Doo CE. What I'd like is to get a Precision Flipper that I could put the flipper art on. Like on Scooby there are toppers/stickers on the flippers with the eyes on them, and on UM there is a sticker with the Science Patrol logo. Have you considered making a version of the flippers with a plastic topper to put the sticker onto? Or maybe you could sell a 3-D printed cover that snaps onto them for various games (like a pickle one for Rick and Morty, or a drumstick for all the band machines).

#2350 1 year ago
    Quoted from Duster72:

[quoted image]

That's the exact color combo I'm going for when my Foo arrives! Great minds think alike.

There are 2,964 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 60.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/review-precision-pinball-products-cnc-flipper-system/page/47 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.