Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,967 posts
  • 326 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 hours ago by mIkea
  • Topic is favorited by 188 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2062 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3125 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3126 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3127 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3129 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3128 (resized).jpeg
    70200477285__4506A207-1186-4D98-9B84-C6E9DFB6AD0C (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1648 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1651 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6936 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6938 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6932 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2794 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2795 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2793 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2792 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,967 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 60.
    #2152 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Stall looks great John.

A Stall is either in a barn where you store a horse or private area with a door in a public restroom where you take a crap.... love the vernacular differences!

At trade shows up here, it's generally called a booth !

#2153 1 year ago
    Quoted from Vespula:

A Stall is either in a barn where you store a horse or private area with a door in a public restroom where you take a crap.... love the vernacular differences!
    At trade shows up here, it's generally called a booth !

A booth here is a small structure for privacy, phone booth restaruant booth.

Dictionary
    Definitions from Oxford Languages · Learn more
    stall
    noun
    a stand, booth, or compartment for the sale of goods in a market or large covered area.
    "fruit and vegetable stalls"
    an individual compartment for an animal in a stable or cowshed, enclosed on three sides.

The oxford dictionary is an English dictionary though.

#2154 1 year ago

So someone may stall corrected. I just couldn't resist.

#2155 1 year ago

Quick update as I running late to head back to the show this morning, very very long day yesterday. I had time to test drive all the new games with the exception of Tank force. All of the new games are good each in their own way, enjoyed playing them all. Scooby was fun and enjoyable, only issue I have with it is that the ball is hiden quite a bit, but I suppose one would gete used to that with more play. I also enjoyed God Father, nice looking game in person and it played good. Pulp, no brainer, just a very cool retro but modern game.

Last but not least Foo, hands down winner in my book. That game has it all in one package, shoots great, looks great, code is already great, not much else to say, Jack knocked it out of the park with Foo.

It's been great to meet some of you at the show as well, more later!
    John

#2156 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Quick update as I running late to head back to the show this morning, very very long day yesterday. I had time to test drive all the new games with the exception of Tank force. All of the new games are good each in their own way, enjoyed playing them all. Scooby was fun and enjoyable, only issue I have with it is that the ball is hiden quite a bit, but I suppose one would gete used to that with more play. I also enjoyed God Father, nice looking game in person and it played good. Pulp, no brainer, just a very cool retro but modern game.
    Last but not least Foo, hands down winner in my book. That game has it all in one package, shoots great, looks great, code is already great, not much else to say, Jack knocked it out of the park with Foo.
    It's been great to meet some of you at the show as well, more later!
    John

Great to meet you as well John. More again today….. excellent show.

Charles

#2157 1 year ago

John, curious how the discussions went with Gary. I suspect he admired/respected your flipper system a great deal…

#2158 1 year ago

Stern seems way to bom conscience to ever consider these installed from factory... They don't seem to do anything extra that would unnecessarily increase the bom cost .. That is the priority and don't you think the ppp system is too controversial/ polarizing to even put on an LE and not pro? Half would complain. It's too early.
    This will stay a mod.... Maybe other mftr would consider on their bom as a differentiator but same issue, half won't want to pay for something they don't want? Seems risky. Not sure the world is ready for these as standard, great mod, obviously... what do you think?

#2159 1 year ago

Factory decals on precision flipper solids. Bushings too. Unfortunately a pawl bolt let loose; back on the track soon.

HWPflippers (resized).jpgHWPflippers (resized).jpg
    #2160 1 year ago

So - here's a testimonial!

I told a friend about the precision flippers as he had never heard of them. My friend owns an AIQ and it just so happens that 1956PINHEAD has an AIQ at his booth with the precision flippers installed.

My friend blows up the game and scores more than he's ever scored at home (on a game that's been played straight for 10 hours). My friend immediately purchases a set for his game at home and plans on replacing all his flippers!

Game changer!

#2161 1 year ago

I'm boycotting twippy nx year, you should of won hands down.

#2162 1 year ago

John, you have many friends and supporters here. We know what your mod does for our games, and you're truly the MVP to us. Don't let this get you down. More and more will discover what a wonderful thing you've done for our hobby, and we'll all look back on this and say we were with you at the beginning of this journey. Thank you!

#2163 1 year ago

RIGGED!!!
    .. which mod took it??

#2164 1 year ago

Stumblors Tokyo Neon sign for Godzilla. It is extremely nice.

That said… Johns flippers are fantastic. I now have them on all my games.

No reason to hang your head John! Your product is phenomenal. It will be the FIRST thing I do to
    Any game that enters my basement!

#2165 1 year ago

Seeing that you have seen and played Scooby now what kit would you recommend for the game as I am planning to get a CE edition.

Also how hard is your kit to install. FYI I have never changed flippers on any game before.

TIA

#2166 1 year ago
    Quoted from Vespula:

RIGGED!!!
    .. which mod took it??

Neon Tokyo sign won. It's an amazing mod, so it's not like it didn't deserve the win. It also had more general buzz (and a huge waiting list). That's the main problem with the Twipys that I don't know how they solve. People are voting on stuff they have no personal experience with (like "best location" - VERY FEW have visited all the locations to compare and judge a BEST). So sometimes the best or most innovative just doesn't have the exposure to get the votes and the win. There were a few examples of this phenomenon tonight.

#2167 1 year ago

I will tell you that during the Twipy's, I was sitting next to both John and Stumblor and they were both cheering each other to win. There is a friendship now between the two of them and they have great respect for each other. I wish both could have won because they're amazing mods. But you're right, it's very hard to vote for something you've never experienced or seen in person. I finally got to try the precision flippers here at TPF and I was blown away. I'd been eyeing them for a long time, but actually using them at TPF sealed the deal for me. Both Stumblor and John deserve kudos for what they created this last year. Unfortunately, only 1 can win.

#2168 1 year ago

The thing is you need to personally experience the precision flippers to be able to vote it the best. With a mod like the Tokyo sign people will vote because they like the way it looks and know exactly what they are getting from the videos. Doesn’t matter that they haven’t received it yet or are even ordering one. Too bad

#2169 1 year ago

Prices the same at the show today? or sold out for what you brought.

#2170 1 year ago

Hi everyone, thanks to all who had voted for me and for supporting my product, it means a lot to me. It would have been great to win the award, but the way I see it this morning I'm already a winner having such great customers who are behind me and believe and support my product. Having spent a couple days interacting with Dave here at the show and getting to know him I can say he's a real first class stand up guy, I'm glad he won the award and is deserving of it for sure. He actually hand carried one of his Neon Tokyo Mods over for me at my request, it's going into my GZ machine when I get back.

I'll admit I'm running on empty, very long days but all so worth it in the ability to have face to face exchanges with so many great pinball enthusiasts. Many high profile and very respected people in the industry stopped by yesterday and left with some Precision flippers, I'll post some photos of them later this evening when I get time to do that.

Prices will be the same at the show today, I did sell out of several items but will ship the products at no charge when I return back next week.

John

dave_me (resized).jpgdave_me (resized).jpg
    #2171 1 year ago

They should have a category for Functional Mods.

Comparing Precision Flippers to signage / dolls is kind of silly, imo.

#2172 1 year ago

It was nice meeting John yesterday at TPF. I bought three halos, bushings and arms. Came home yesterday and installed. Install was not bad. The shafts were a bit tight to get into the clamp but was able to eventually Able to do so.

My problem is flipper movement during play.
    I’ve tightened down both flipper screw and the clamp bolt. They pretty dam tight. I fear I’ll tear the threads if I go further.

I thought I read where I can by clamp specifically for JJP’s GnR but cannot find it for sale on website etc. I’ve looked at that website 10times and can’t find the clamp. Maybe I’m just old.

I did not flip the clamp etc like has happened to some. I wished I was aware of the clamp yesterday as I would have purchased at the festival. I was under impression that nothing else was needed.

I’ll try further research before going back and installing the stock flippers. Maybe I’ll just leave the bushings in and use the stock flippers.

If anyone can help, I’d sure appreciate it!!!

Oh and TPF was awesome.

#2173 1 year ago

The stock linkages on JJP GnR are crap. They deform, and you can't get them tight enough to prevent slipping. They're a once-tighten-and-done type of thing. Even your stock flippers will slip now, too. You need John's keyed flipper shafts and linkages. I'm sure John will chime in and provide details on how to order. If those are out of stock, you can order new linkages from Marco. Marco's ar a better quality steel and will tighten down just fine.

#2174 1 year ago
    Quoted from ConstantDrain:

If anyone can help, I’d sure appreciate it!!!

Did you clean the flipper shaft with alcohol? Sometimes that is all it takes.

If you did that, then take a strip of 150-220 grit sandpaper and lightly rough up the contact patch where the clamp grabs it. Should fix your problem.

Tip: Before disassembling, mark the shaft of the flipper with some blue tape. This will give you a ref for where the clamp is.

#2175 1 year ago

View of the literal line at the booth
    3301D1D7-7008-4E2F-895C-D57EED0B2C43 (resized).jpeg3301D1D7-7008-4E2F-895C-D57EED0B2C43 (resized).jpeg

#2176 1 year ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

View of the literal line at the booth
    [quoted image]

There it is! I see it!! The clamp!!!
    God&$&!!? It!!!!!

Oh well. I’ll order and wait. Thanks fellas.

#2177 1 year ago

Am I missing something?? I go to website and look for clamp. It’s not there. I can find the clamp on a pinside add and it says out of stock.

#2178 1 year ago

ConstantDrain Sorry we didn't get into a discussion about the clamps during the show. They are back up on my website, I just checked it and for some reason they were not being displayed, I'm pretty sure I fixed it. Give it a try, just make sure to order the correct left or right clamp for your game set-up as I do not recall which game you purchased your set for.

Thank you so much for purchasing my flipper system. Feel free to give me a call if you need further assistance.

John

#2179 1 year ago

flynnibus Thanks for posting the photo, man it all seems like a blurr now! I'll post up some more photos and perspectives on the show later this evening.

#2180 1 year ago

I wasn't able to get anyone that I knew locally to pick me up a set from the show, so I placed an order instead.

Would have enjoyed talking some manufacturing steps with you had I been there. Looking forward to some inside look into the process. I'm no engineer but CNC machining is my background and when I saw the aluminum billets in one of the photos, I had a number of ideas on your bed setup.

With a 2-step process you could be machining 6 at a time. I am curious if you us any kind of software to eliminate dead passes such as Vericut?

#2181 1 year ago

Thanks for the post 1956pinhead.
    It’s there now. I bought the the retrofit clamps. I know you had a ton of people but I was the one around 11am Saturday. Have JJP GnR. You said these flippers are game changer.
    Did y’all have the clamps there? Dang I can’t believe I didn’t inquire bout the clamps.
    Oh well. I play to much.

#2182 1 year ago

I got a chance to talk to John at TPF and try out the Precision flippers. I was certainly impressed.

They felt solid and controllable (and didn't feel "weird" like I sort of expected them to). In a way that is hard to describe it sort of made the whole machine feel more solid - though that could have easily been in my head.

I certainly hope that he can get one (or more) manufacturers to include them (at least on their Premium/CE games), as my only complaint is that it sort of feels like cheating to play with these. And (as I discussed with John) I wouldn't want to get used to playing with these and then have to play in competitions with regular flippers.

But, John's got an awesome product here and I appreciate the hard work that has gone into these. And John, it was great to meet you.

#2183 1 year ago

Congrats to the winner of the Raffle for a free 3 Flipper Kit of his choice. I'll be contacting you shortly!

raffle pick (resized).jpgraffle pick (resized).jpgraffle winner (resized).jpgraffle winner (resized).jpg
    #2184 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbeardsley:

I got a chance to talk to John at TPF and try out the Precision flippers. I was certainly impressed.
    They felt solid and controllable (and didn't feel "weird" like I sort of expected them to). In a way that is hard to describe it sort of made the whole machine feel more solid - though that could have easily been in my head.
    I certainly hope that he can get one (or more) manufacturers to include them (at least on their Premium/CE games), as my only complaint is that it sort of feels like cheating to play with these. And (as I discussed with John) I wouldn't want to get used to playing with these and then have to play in competitions with regular flippers.
    But, John's got an awesome product here and I appreciate the hard work that has gone into these. And John, it was great to meet you.

They don't play that bloody differently. I have them on some machines and not others. I prefer them, but there is much more to tuning a game that will change the way it plays without overthinking these.

Moving a post, changing a rubber size on a post, bending a guide on exit or adjusting switches on slings will all have a greater impact on the way a machine plays than the flipper style.

#2185 1 year ago

Really?
    You must be pretty dang good. I’m not. I admit. I can take the shots going off the post, rail etc. but when I want it on the ramp and it goes elsewhere then I want to increase my chance to do so.

I’ll be totally transparent. This may not help my play one bit. But
    They look cool.
    People rave bout em
    They not that expensive
    And I like adding value to my machine. Or just the hobby of it.

So I guess I’m just a fan.

#2186 1 year ago

ConstantDrain Glad you got them ordered up. I was trying to convey to as many as I could during open dialog on the system that the clamps are hit and miss on the games that use that B/W style clamp, but I have to admit in all the interaction I may have not been able to communicate this to all.

Thanks again for you purchase and I'll make sure we get this worked out so you can start enjoying your new flippers.

#2187 1 year ago

John, I hope you enjoyed the show and your stay in Texas. I’ll see you next year and hope to purchase something for Pulp Fiction !
    Cheers brother!!!

#2188 1 year ago

John is the man! It was really awesome finally meeting him in person and I’m glad so many people had a chance to check them out this weekend. Can’t wait to see what he released next.

#2189 1 year ago

Markharris2000 Gary wasn't here, if he had been I would have enjoyed engaging with him to have a little dialog about my system. But there was another indivdual from Stern who did take interest. He walked away with a three flipper Halo kit, I'd like to be a fly on the wall the first time he test drives them on his FF's.

Jack's a very cool guy, he said he'd report back after he's played them, looking forward to that.

Danger TPF (resized).jpgDanger TPF (resized).jpgJack TPF (resized).jpgJack TPF (resized).jpg
    #2190 1 year ago

@GSC2000 Scooby was fun, very different in a good way. Lots of people lined up all weekend playing it. I would just install the two flipper kit for the mains, color would be a personal choice.

Installation would be a little more involved than Stern games due to the bushings having locknuts on the backside of the flipper mech mounting plate, but still a straight forward change. My installation instructions are pretty detailed, but I'm just a phone call away if you need my assistance.

John

#2191 1 year ago

1956PINHEAD

After playing Scooby this weekend do you feel your kit would be a good upgrade? And how difficult is your kit to install as I have not rebuilt a set flippers so I have never taken any apart.

Thanks

#2192 1 year ago
    Quoted from GCS2000:

1956PINHEAD
    After playing Scooby this weekend do you feel your kit would be a good upgrade? And how difficult is your kit to install as I have not rebuilt a set flippers so I have never taken any apart.
    Thanks

I only played a total of three games on Scooby, lines were long to play so my plays were not sequental, but rather over the three days. That said the flippers seemed good as the machines had lots of play time on them without any rest in between games. Since the layout is rather flat I don't think the game needs any boost in flipper energy, it would be more of a visual change I think. I think once they get out and more feedback comes along that may be a good read on any performance rational for the change.

I'm happy to email you my installation instructions if you'd like to PM me with your email address. That way you can read through them along with the photos and then let me know if you have any questions about working on the flipper mech's. I'm happy to help you !

#2193 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

I only played a total of three games on Scooby, lines were long to play so my plays were not sequental, but rather over the three days. That said the flippers seemed good as the machines had lots of play time on them without any rest in between games. Since the layout is rather flat I don't think the game needs any boost in flipper energy, it would be more of a visual change I think. I think once they get out and more feedback comes along that may be a good read on any performance rational for the change.
    I'm happy to email you my installation instructions if you'd like to PM me with your email address. That way you can read through them along with the photos and then let me know if you have any questions about working on the flipper mech's. I'm happy to help you !

Makes sense. I would imagine I would see more significant performance differences 9
    on my 4+ year old MB remake and my JJPOTC

I will message you my email address. Thank you.

#2194 1 year ago

Zach and Joel stopped by to say hello during the weekend, it was really great to meet these guys in person. Zach and I chatted a bit about my product, I'm sending him a set when I return so he and Greg can give them a try. Looking forward to getting some feedback from both of them.

Hey Joel, this might be your chance to get back at Zach a bit depending on what he thinks about them

Steve stopped in to pay me a visit as well. He jumped on my AIQ and after about 4 minutes he walked away with a three flipper set that he plans to install and put more time on. It was great meeting Steve, super nice guy, one of my all time pinball hero's!

Then there was this artist guy, what else can I say about Franchi, the master of pinball artistry. He left with a flipper set too.

And lastly one of my memorable moments from the show. Friday before the show opened Marybeth was walking the floor and stopped by to play my AIQ. Who is Marybeth you ask, an 82 year old pinball enthusiast who just enjoys playing pinball like all the rest of us. Really puts it all into perspective doesn't it!

Time to call it a wrap for me for a few days, I Have a long drive home and need to get some rest after what was an amazing experience. I'll be back for sure next year. A big thank you to all my new customers who purchased my flipper system at this show and have now joined the PPP family
    Zach TPF (resized).jpgZach TPF (resized).jpg

Steve TPF (resized).jpgSteve TPF (resized).jpgFranchi (resized).jpgFranchi (resized).jpgmarybeth TPF (resized).jpgmarybeth TPF (resized).jpgJoel TPF (resized).jpgJoel TPF (resized).jpg
    #2195 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Zach and Joel stopped by to say hello during the weekend, it was really great to meet these guys in person. Zach and I chatted a bit about my product, I'm sending him a set when I return so he and Greg can give them a try. Looking forward to getting some feedback from both of them.
    Hey Joel, this might be your chance to get back at Zach a bit depending on what he thinks about them
    Steve stopped in to pay me a visit as well. He jumped on my AIQ and after about 4 minutes he walked away with a three flipper set that he plans to install and put more time on. It was great meeting Steve, super nice guy, one of my all time pinball hero's!
    Then there was this artist guy, what else can I say about Franchi, the master of pinball artistry. He left with a flipper set too.
    And lastly one of my memorable moments from the show. Friday before the show opened Marybeth was walking the floor and stopped by to play my AIQ. Who is Marybeth you ask, an 82 year old pinball enthusiast who just enjoys playing pinball like all the rest of us. Really puts it all into perspective doesn't it!
    Time to call it a wrap for me for a few days, I Have a long drive home and need to get some rest after what was an amazing experience. I'll be back for sure next year. A big thank you to all my new customers who purchased my flipper system at this show and have now joined the PPP family
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

It was great meeting you this weekend! I'm excited to install mine after I get some much needed rest. I'm exhausted! LOL Just like with Dave, if you need anything next year for TPF, just let me know....even if it's just the best places to eat. I always enjoy sharing the secrets of whatever city I'm living in.

Also...it seems you guys picked the wrong piece of paper in the drawing. My name isn't Patrick!

See you next year!

#2196 1 year ago
    Quoted from Damonator:

So - here's a testimonial!
    I told a friend about the precision flippers as he had never heard of them. My friend owns an AIQ and it just so happens that 1956PINHEAD has an AIQ at his booth with the precision flippers installed.
    My friend blows up the game and scores more than he's ever scored at home (on a game that's been played straight for 10 hours). My friend immediately purchases a set for his game at home and plans on replacing all his flippers!
    Game changer!

Just to be transparent - the AIQ had the fans on the flip coils also that they had displayed on the table

#2197 1 year ago

Does Precision offer a flip coil cooling system as well?

#2198 1 year ago
    Quoted from GCS2000:

Does Precision offer a flip coil cooling system as well?

It's a coming soon item. He had them at TPF for people to look at and was beta testing them in the AIQ. They look really nice! I can't wait for them to be announced because I'll be ordering them the second they're available.

#2199 1 year ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I tried microwaveing just the flipper rubber by itself once, was not a good idea

microwave them for like 4 or 5 seconds. That was always my trick. Worked great. no water needed.

#2200 1 year ago
    Quoted from greenmonk:

It's a coming soon item. He had them at TPF for people to look at and was beta testing them in the AIQ. They look really nice! I can't wait for them to be announced because I'll be ordering them the second they're available.

CNC made Stainless Steel flipper fan mounts?

There are 2,967 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 60.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/review-precision-pinball-products-cnc-flipper-system/page/44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.