Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,967 posts
  • 326 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 hours ago by mIkea
  • Topic is favorited by 188 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2062 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3125 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3126 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3127 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3129 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3128 (resized).jpeg
    70200477285__4506A207-1186-4D98-9B84-C6E9DFB6AD0C (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1648 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1651 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6936 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6938 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6932 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2794 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2795 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2793 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2792 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,967 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 60.
    #2101 1 year ago
    Quoted from Duster72:

Ask me how I know

Been there, done that.

#2102 1 year ago

Color samples for the limited edition bond gunmetal John's going to be running soon. Really looks slick w/ black rubber IMO on Bond. I also really dig the way this color looks with brighter rubber colors, though obviously not on Bond. I could see this as a no-brainer choice for anything military theme like tomcat, too.

PXL_20230307_031749252 (resized).jpgPXL_20230307_031749252 (resized).jpgPXL_20230307_032242546 (resized).jpgPXL_20230307_032242546 (resized).jpgPXL_20230307_032522612 (resized).jpgPXL_20230307_032522612 (resized).jpgPXL_20230307_032858200 (resized).jpgPXL_20230307_032858200 (resized).jpg
    #2103 1 year ago

Key post #2099 duster72 ! PinMonk

Problem:. flipper bat pulls out by hand from the top and won't stay in position

#2104 1 year ago

The gunmetal Halos look killer. Great choice!

#2105 1 year ago

Just getting caught up on the recent posts here. I was in contact with atg1469 via PM yesterday and explained to him that two others had a similar issue. In both those other cases it turned out that the clearance hole in the EOS bracket opposite the screw side was to small, and the screw was contacting the inside of the EOS bracket and not allowing the clamp to pinch down on the shaft. I also think that perhaps on those two other instances that the EOS bracket itself may not have been bent/formed completely, thusly causing the hole to appear to be undersized relative to the screw diameter. I purchase the EOS brackets from a supplier, so I guess I'll have to start taking a little closure look at the holes and how they are formed for one's that might appear to have issues.

From what Duster72 was stating it appears the clamp was inverted?, am I hearing that correctly? Since the clamp is universal in terms of it's symmetry what makes them unique to fitment is the placement of the EOS bracket, only then do they become left or right specific. I'm curious about this and will take a look further. Thanks for posting !

#2106 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

From what Duster72 was stating it appears the clamp was inverted?, am I hearing that correctly? Since the clamp is universal in terms of it's symmetry what makes them unique to fitment is the placement of the EOS bracket, only then do they become left or right specific. I'm curious about this and will take a look further. Thanks for posting !

If you get in a hurry or aren't paying attention you may not notice that only one side is threaded. Or, you might just accidentally get it flipped over. The screw tightens and it seems ok until you realize you can pull the flipper straight up and out. If there was a mark of some kind on the clamp to indicate the threaded side that might make it easier to avoid that mistake. People like me will be idiots, so we need all the help we can get.

#2107 1 year ago

Duster72 Thanks for the additional info, that helps for sure. I will take a look at making a note in the installation instructions that are provided with those clamps and make an update. I can totally see how that can happen during the install even though I do pre-assemble the clamp and EOS brackets prior to shipping for games other than Stern. As I've stated many times I really appreciate and value customer feedback as it helps improve the product

John

#2108 1 year ago

Just installed a set of blue halos on my America’s Most Haunted. Im very pleased with them. AMH uses the B/W kit for anyone looking to make the switch.

90997AA7-66CF-4F6E-BE49-EC8BF706A461 (resized).jpeg90997AA7-66CF-4F6E-BE49-EC8BF706A461 (resized).jpegFA6DD785-639A-4FD2-9343-CD6B674A6D4C (resized).jpegFA6DD785-639A-4FD2-9343-CD6B674A6D4C (resized).jpeg
    1 week later
    #2109 1 year ago

Showing my resto some love! John must be in the black doing a little profit sharing with my latest kit! I realize some are old school with our directions but John save yourself some time/money and just post a QR code which takes us to your website for install directions.

IMG_20230315_194635 (resized).jpgIMG_20230315_194635 (resized).jpgIMG_20230315_194703 (resized).jpgIMG_20230315_194703 (resized).jpgIMG_20230315_194759 (resized).jpgIMG_20230315_194759 (resized).jpg
    #2110 1 year ago

Enchantress I do plan to have links on my website for the install instructions soon, most likely after I return from the TPF show. Glad you liked the pen, hope you liked the color

Your Resto project is looking good!!!!

#2111 1 year ago

I think the original prec flipper looks better on an older game like CC. Sure shoots better too

20230316_154327 (resized).jpg20230316_154327 (resized).jpg

#2112 1 year ago

I always have a little giggle when i see people asking what colour bats to use in a particular machine, because i've never had trouble seeing the options in my head.

But i have to make an order for some little things, and i have a Cirquis Voltaire coming that is at the restoreres for a playfield swap.

Can anyone advise who has done coloured bats for their machine what they went with?
    Or does anyone with good colouir sense want to have a stab at a bat/rubber combo?

The lack of art round the flippers is throwing me off. Looks pretty bad really.

image-2 (2) (resized).jpgimage-2 (2) (resized).jpg

#2113 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I always have a little giggle when i see people asking what colour bats to use in a particular machine, because i've never had trouble seeing the options in my head.
    But i have to make an order for some little things, and i have a Cirquis Voltaire coming that is at the restoreres for a playfield swap.
    Can anyone advise who has done coloured bats for their machine what they went with?
    Or does anyone with good colouir sense want to have a stab at a bat/rubber combo?
    The lack of art round the flippers is throwing me off. Looks pretty bad really.
    [quoted image]

I'll suggest green bats with yellow or black rubber

#2114 1 year ago

That’s tough, Purple bats with blue rings?

#2115 1 year ago

Man, I wish I had never sold my CV, miss that game and that ring master Clown!

My vote would be Purple/Silver two tone on that game, would really pop! Put some light blue rubber, or even green or blue.

#2116 1 year ago

So with all the new game releases in the past couple weeks who's opting for a new game, and which one, or two?

I'm in on a Pulp Fiction LE for sure, pretty sure it will be a long wait before it arrives. At least I'll get to play all these new games at TPF in a few days

#2117 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

So with all the new game releases in the past couple weeks who's opting for a new game, and which one, or two?
    I'm in on a Pulp Fiction LE for sure, pretty sure it will be a long wait before it arrives. At least I'll get to play all these new games at TPF in a few days

FFLE, cant wait, hoping in Late April.

#2118 1 year ago

Blue Bats. White Rubbers. I'd go with those on CV.

#2119 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

If you are an SS guy, how could you not?

The best looking machine to be released since Mermaid.

I could imagine it next to Sunset Riders with Mermaid next to it.

#2120 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

I went a bit ott - I'm in on scooby, FF and PF..! Gotta get into the spirit of the season right!

#2121 1 year ago

I’m waiting on my FFLE, hopefully 2 weeks. I thought a long long time about ordering pulp fiction, but I’m holding out hope CGC will say something about another run of MMr.

#2122 1 year ago

Agree, The FF looks good too. After playing it at TPF I might jump in for a Premium model. I'm hoping I can get enough play on Scooby and other machines too, I suspect the lines will be long to play all those new games, will most likely only get to play them before or after the doors open/close to the public as I'll be camped out most of the time in my booth.

#2123 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Godfather CE for me, but I'm Italian and love pinball so that was an easy choice. I almost pulled the trigger on a Scooby, may end up adding that later down the road.

#2124 1 year ago

any idea when the silver HALOs will be back in stock?

#2125 1 year ago

And the keyed clamps?

#2126 1 year ago

Hey guys, Silver HALO's back in stock now, get'em while there hot!

Keyed shafts/Clamps back in stock 2nd week of April.

BTW, I've already had several reach out to me requesting that I reserve (or pre-package) flipper kits for pick up at the TPF show. I do not need you to order the kit, just send me a PM and let me know what you want, and I'll pre-package an hold it for pick up and payment at the show.

I'm getting all jacked up for the show, so many new games to check out, please looking forward to meeting everyone and just playing some Pinball and hanging out

Thanks everyone!

#2127 1 year ago

Rick and Morty got Green Halos last weekend.

TNA gets Purple and Blue (Mini) this weekend.

Highly endorse these without any hesitation at all. Everything about your flippers benefits from the Precision Flipper swap.

Well done, John. Best Mod ever.

IMG_20230308_173636774 (resized).jpgIMG_20230308_173636774 (resized).jpgIMG_20230308_173645170 (resized).jpgIMG_20230308_173645170 (resized).jpg
    #2128 1 year ago

guitarded Like those purple on TNA, looking great! Thanks for the kudos on my flipper system, I really appricate that

#2129 1 year ago

Green Halos on Rick and Morty.

DSCN3998 (resized).JPGDSCN3998 (resized).JPGIMG_20230310_223001061 (resized).jpgIMG_20230310_223001061 (resized).jpg
    #2130 1 year ago

Do we know the size of the third flipper on Foo Fighters? Any plans for special colors or anything for that title?

#2131 1 year ago

Duster72 It looks like that flipper on the upper playfield is a 2-1/4" length, I will confirm at TPF next week. I do plan to have a special color for that title, again I'll be checking it out at TPF and then pick something that works well with the artwork.

Thanks!

#2132 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

I'm getting all jacked up for the show, so many new games to check out, please looking forward to meeting everyone and just playing some Pinball and hanging out

John, I hope you absolutely kill it at the show, and I don't have any doubt you will.

It's been neat to watch (in somewhat real time) this product line evolve and refine, and even "neater" that you're a genuinely good guy with a solid appreciation of your customers.

So... when are you getting into the playfield business?

#2133 1 year ago

Blackjacker Thanks for the good vibes for the show. Ya, I'm looking forward to meeting some pinball players who may not visit Pinside and or haven't seen the product yet.

I'm so grateful to all my customers and for all the feedback I've gotten that's help to bring the product to where it's at today. It's been a fast ride to this point, I'm hoping to catch my breath a bit and enjoy the show. I really am looking forward to just hanging with everyone and playing some pinball, and engaging with people at my booth.

Funny you should bring up playfields. That's an area that's been floating around in my head for a few years now ever since all the issues with playfield dimples, clear coats, and all sorts of issues started happening. I also have 25+ years in working with advanced composites and have wanted to make a honeycomb laminated composite playfield to see how that would workout. No more dimples, no clear coat issues, and all the artwork would be protected and last forever. The other nice thing about a composite playfield would be the noise reduction, it could be designed with acoustic dampening properties too. Maybe one day, you never know

#2134 1 year ago

Talk to Haggis, they are doing it and are easy to get along with.

#2135 1 year ago

Purple halos on WCS94 (unfortunately scratched the right flipper putting the super band on) and Green halos on AFM. I wish I could find some teal bands for that WCS.

24969AB2-77A5-4E89-A7B2-A9259EA7279C (resized).jpeg24969AB2-77A5-4E89-A7B2-A9259EA7279C (resized).jpeg343F2959-5267-4A98-B7B7-4889DBBBC448 (resized).jpeg343F2959-5267-4A98-B7B7-4889DBBBC448 (resized).jpegAF1BF0A9-527B-42D7-918A-AF8C9D41708D (resized).jpegAF1BF0A9-527B-42D7-918A-AF8C9D41708D (resized).jpegCFE8A252-A7CD-4529-AF8F-185997E6A428 (resized).jpegCFE8A252-A7CD-4529-AF8F-185997E6A428 (resized).jpeg
    #2136 1 year ago
    Quoted from Kevlar51:

Purple halos on WCS94 (unfortunately scratched the right flipper putting the super band on) and Green halos on AFM. I wish I could find some teal bands for that WCS.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hope you didn't use a tool as slipping could go very badly!

I've gotten pretty good at putting on the Super Bands... start with the rubber on the tip of the flipper and use both thumbs to push the band back and down onto the larger end of the flipper. After a few tries you will get the hang of it, but they are much more difficult than regular flipper rubbers!

#2137 1 year ago
    Quoted from awesome1:

I've gotten pretty good at putting on the Super Bands... start with the rubber on the tip of the flipper and use both thumbs to push the band back and down onto the larger end of the flipper. After a few tries you will get the hang of it, but they are much more difficult than regular flipper rubbers!

I microwave a cup of water for 3 minutes, drop the rubber in for 10 or 20 seconds, goes on like a normal silicon one.

#2138 1 year ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I microwave a cup of water for 3 minutes, drop the rubber in for 10 or 20 seconds, goes on like a normal silicon one.

I tried microwaveing just the flipper rubber by itself once, was not a good idea

#2139 1 year ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Yeah, I have heated them in the past as well, but now I can slap them on there fairly easily and quickly with no heating.

#2140 1 year ago

Arrived at TPF today for set-up day. All the new games rolled in tucked away in their boxes, I watched about 60 NIB games get put together in about an hour. Had to play a few of course, got my hands on Pulp ficiton, Aliens, Foo fighters, and Queen.

I'll take more photos tomorrow and post them Saturday morning, going to be a long day tomorrow, the doors close at 1:00 am Sat!

Cheers!

foo (resized).jpgfoo (resized).jpg
    #2141 1 year ago

LightCrazyCapeghostfrog-max-1mb.gifLightCrazyCapeghostfrog-max-1mb.gif

We want to know!

How did pulp play?

And why didn't you take potato cam footage?

#2142 1 year ago

punkin I only played one game on PF, but in that one game it felt good. Lighting, sound, theme, call outs, and I think best of all the Topper and retro styling just makes it. Here's an indicator, there were eight Scoobies lined up just to the left of the Pulp's, only four of them being played, there were 4 Pulp's there and a line 8 people deep behind each machine. The Scoobie's looked good, and I plan to play one tomorrow, but clearly the buzz today was clearly Pulp.

I didn't think of taking any quick potato cam footage, might try to do that tomorrow if I can get back over there before it gets crowded.

#2143 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

punkin I only played one game on PF, but in that one game it felt good. Lighting, sound, theme, call outs, and I think best of all the Topper and retro styling just makes it. Here's an indicator, there were eight Scoobies lined up just to the left of the Pulp's, only four of them being played, there were 4 Pulp's there and a line 8 people deep behind each machine. The Scoobie's looked good, and I plan to play one tomorrow, but clearly the buzz today was clearly Pulp.
    I didn't think of taking any quick potato cam footage, might try to do that tomorrow if I can get back over there before it gets crowded.

Foo?

#2144 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Thanks buddy, it's aligning with what i thought.
    All the people saying where's the LCD and the ramps.

But 1000 sold in a day?

People recognise playable art when they see it, and modern pop out Sterns with ramps to fuck and smeared comic art do not have the same cupping feeling.

It's a machine that will make you look cool just playing it, and people see that.

#2145 1 year ago
    Quoted from awesome1:

Yeah I used a hook tool (and yes, a slip in the wrong direction could go very badly). I'll try the hot water trick next time.

#2146 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

People recognise playable art when they see it, and modern pop out Sterns with ramps to fuck and smeared comic art do not have the same cupping feeling.

I clearly don't speak punkin as I have no idea what this means.

#2147 1 year ago

Morning, Off to the show to finish setting up and get my hands on Foo, GF, Scooby, Queen, and Tank Force, I think I saw it here yesterday but not sure. I'll report back later, and add a few more photos.

#2148 1 year ago

Couple more photos during final set-up today. I'm going to try and get around before the doors open and get more game and show display photos. The JJP display is over the top, as is Stern with Marco. Lots of people already hanging out waiting for the doors to open, I have a feeling it's going to be a busy day/evening, which is fantastic!

JJP Booth (resized).jpgJJP Booth (resized).jpgMe PPP Booth (resized).jpgMe PPP Booth (resized).jpgZach_me (resized).jpgZach_me (resized).jpg
    #2149 1 year ago

Stall looks great John.

#2150 1 year ago
    Marco_Stern (resized).jpgMarco_Stern (resized).jpgqueen (resized).jpgqueen (resized).jpg
    There are 2,967 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 60.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/review-precision-pinball-products-cnc-flipper-system/page/43?hl=diablorush and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.