Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,967 posts
  • 326 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 hours ago by mIkea
  • Topic is favorited by 188 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2062 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3125 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3126 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3127 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3129 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3128 (resized).jpeg
    70200477285__4506A207-1186-4D98-9B84-C6E9DFB6AD0C (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1648 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1651 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6936 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6938 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6932 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2794 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2795 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2793 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2792 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,967 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 60.
    #2001 1 year ago
    Quoted from purbeast:

I did not because they were out of stock.
    Honestly though, I'm kind of glad I didn't because it saved me like $80 lol.
    And hopefully I never have to tighten them again or anything.

Just came across this thread and saw keyed shafts were temporarily out of stock. I have 3 extra (never used) keyed shafts from my early January order for RAM and ACNC. Send me a pm if anyone's interested.

#2002 1 year ago

I've been flipping a set of Halos on my Mando Premium for about a month now and feel like I can give a fairly objective review of my experience so far. I'm pretty new to pinball as a hobby so take my review for what it is. Mando is my first in home pin. I did have quite a bit of location play experience but mostly with a pro. I only did the lower flippers and not the upper PF (yet).

First off. The fit and finish on these things is top notch. I've spent a fair amount of time around CNC machining and quality assurance processes and these things are gorgeous. They are lighter than I would have expected but I suppose that's part of the benefit.

I've tried the stock stern rubbers (probably @ 1500 plays on them), High gloss super bands and Pinball life prefect play in orange. So far, I tend to prefer the super bands. My experience here has to do with the ball coming out of the left scoop/foundry into a cradle and not getting away from me.

As far as play. My score has consistently gone up. This could be that I'm just getting better at the game. The shots do feel easier, specifically the left ramp/encounter ramp. I can consistently hit that ramp from either flipper. The orbits are still a real pain for me but I think that's skill related.

At the end of the day. I'm happy with my purchase. They look really cool and give me a sense of playing better. I'll definitely be adding these to my future machines. Anyone on the fence about trying these out should consider trying them out.

A piece of advice for anyone adding this to a modern stern. Get some extra #10-32 x 3/4" Black Socket Head Bolts.

PBL-ORANGE (resized).pngPBL-ORANGE (resized).pngSuper-bands-black (resized).pngSuper-bands-black (resized).png
    #2003 1 year ago

One of the best things about these is the benefit of being able to adjust flipper angle easily. Try drooping the flippers a little bit below where you have them now (1-2mm) and see how you go with the orbits then. Bet you get all the lower shots easier.

#2004 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

One of the best things about these is the benefit of being able to adjust flipper angle easily. Try drooping the flippers a little bit below where you have them now (1-2mm) and see how you go with the orbits then. Bet you get all the lower shots easier.

I'll give that a try, thanks for the advice. I can rail the orbits on a buddies Ironman all day but here I'm either hitting the side targets or bricking the insides of the orbits.

#2005 1 year ago
    Quoted from Gubbin:

I'll give that a try, thanks for the advice. I can rail the orbits on a buddies Ironman all day but here I'm either hitting the side targets or bricking the insides of the orbits.

I noticed it on Deadpool before i got the Precisions on there even.

Droop them a little the bottom of the playfield becomes an easier shot, lift them a little the top does.

#2006 1 year ago

Super excited my halos came today...then I discovered I'm an idiot, wasn't paying attention and ordered solids Oh well, in the meantime I can verify the purple is gorgeous. Threw them on my R&M for a pic in case anyone is interested. Still prefer the halos personally, and actually like blue slightly better on this game...but they DO look good...

PXL_20230215_222750904 (resized).jpgPXL_20230215_222750904 (resized).jpg
    #2007 1 year ago

I'm sure you could return them and swap. Or just buy another set and put them on something else.

#2008 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I'm sure you could return them and swap. Or just buy another set and put them on something else.

Yeah, already seeing about swapping the golds I ordered for Zep, but think I'm gonna keep the solid purples just to have a set of solids to try on games. Would be sharp if I ever get around to picking up the Alice Cooper I've been wanting too...

#2009 1 year ago

Not the worst mistake, I would like to compare the solids vs the halos at some point.

Quoted from Ollulanus:

Yeah, already seeing about swapping the golds I ordered for Zep, but think I'm gonna keep the solid purples just to have a set of solids to try on games. Would be sharp if I ever get around to picking up the Alice Cooper I've been wanting too...

#2010 1 year ago
    Quoted from OSUBuckeye98:

Not the worst mistake, I would like to compare the solids vs the halos at some point.

Yup. I had solids on a Rush I traded a while back, liked them, felt like the halos had better control when I put them on Zilla. Different pin though, not exactly scientific. Played a few games with the solids on R&M, felt pretty good. It's a strange game for ball control though - learning curve on it is just sitting still and letting the damn ball calm down, live/dead catches hurt with that bumper there if you don't get them perfect. Gonna leave them on for a bit and see what I think.

#2011 1 year ago

The halos are working out great on my GNR. Had to turn down the flipper power by about 6 ticks.

Install really wasn’t that bad considering you have to remove the flipper bracket from the playfield in order to access the lock nuts on the bushing.

Tip: the screws on the bushing can be hard to access. Much easier if you just take off the coil stop, coil and linkage first. Plus you can clean/replace sleeve and coil stop while your at it.

Also, as someone else said, hold the screw in place with your screwdriver and loosen the nut with a nut driver. Don’t loosen via the screw. You could break the head off.

I’m using Titan low bounce rubbers

#2012 1 year ago

1956PinHead, did I read somewhere that you were going to be at TPF this year? Assuming having a selling booth?

#2013 1 year ago

Skatewake Yes, that is correct, I'll be there Fri, Sat, and Sunday. I'll have a game set up for play and will be selling at the show. I'll also be holding a raffle each day for someone to win a free 2 Flipper kit. Hope to see you and others there, I'm looking forward to it

#2014 1 year ago

For those who have been waiting for the Keyed Shaft/Clamps to come back in stock they are available now along with Stern bushings if ordering individually.

#2015 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Skatewake Yes, that is correct, I'll be there Fri, Sat, and Sunday. I'll have a game set up nd say hi as well buy for play and will be selling at the show. I'll also be holding a raffle each day for someone to win a free 2 Flipper kit. Hope to see you and others there, I'm looking forward to it

I will be there and I will come by and say hey.

#2016 1 year ago

Threw the gold solids on Zep before sending back for halos for photos in case anyone wants to see what they look like. Pretty sharp!
    PXL_20230217_031037300 (resized).jpgPXL_20230217_031037300 (resized).jpg

Have blue halos on there while I wait for the golds, not bad either (and play f'ing fantastic)
    16767388649444709279226680426525 (resized).jpg16767388649444709279226680426525 (resized).jpg

Spare silver on the upper flipper, wouldn't be my first choice but it's what I have on hand and maybe others taste varies:
    16767389499064707826669014821735 (resized).jpg16767389499064707826669014821735 (resized).jpg

#2017 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Skatewake Yes, that is correct, I'll be there Fri, Sat, and Sunday. I'll have a game set up for play and will be selling at the show. I'll also be holding a raffle each day for someone to win a free 2 Flipper kit. Hope to see you and others there, I'm looking forward to it

I was tossing the plastic bats from Zeppelin today and had a thought - everyone should send you their old plastic bats they've replaced. Take a bunch to TPF and fill a trash can with them at your booth as a joke

#2018 1 year ago

Anyone upgrading to halos and want to sell their solids? I have 2 sterns that I'd love to put them on
    Thanks! Jeff

#2019 1 year ago

I must be an outsider here, I really like the look of the solids, but not the halos.

#2020 1 year ago
    Quoted from jonesjb:

I must be an outsider here, I really like the look of the solids, but not the halos.

Yea, I have great confidence in the Solids, but these Halos provided a bit of worry. Perhaps a great option to combat the weakness from Jersey Jack, but the wall thickness on these full length flippers look thinner than I anticipated. If the integrity of these structures are on point then Rock-On. The Slo Mo Guys experimented with the flipping of a pinball; interested to visualize the performance of the halo structure in slo-mo too.

Precision Pinball Halo Walls (resized).jpgPrecision Pinball Halo Walls (resized).jpg
    #2021 1 year ago
    Quoted from jonesjb:

I agree

#2022 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ollulanus:

Threw the gold solids on Zep before sending back for halos for photos in case anyone wants to see what they look like. Pretty sharp!
    [quoted image]
    Have blue halos on there while I wait for the golds, not bad either (and play f'ing fantastic)
    [quoted image]
    Spare silver on the upper flipper, wouldn't be my first choice but it's what I have on hand and maybe others taste varies:
    [quoted image]

Those gold solids look awesome on LZ! I'm sure the gold halos will look great, too, but I probably wouldn't change unless I thought the difference in play was appreciably different.

#2023 1 year ago

I think it's seeing a fragment of the artwork underneath. It doesn't look factory as the artwork doesn't seem intentionally designed with the flipper hole in consideration (because it isn't). It's like too much unnecessarily complexity, when simplicity works better (since the focus should be on the ball).

I love the solid precision flippers, and support including precisions in every pin (whichever design suits their owner's tastes). I'm just sharing the 'why' behind my preference.

#2024 1 year ago

RockfordReplay I know those HALO's look a bit fragile, but I can assure you they are tough and won't give you any problems. Play with confidence

#2025 1 year ago
    Quoted from mostater:

Those gold solids look awesome on LZ! I'm sure the gold halos will look great, too, but I probably wouldn't change unless I thought the difference in play was appreciably different.

Yeah, I like the way the halos play better personally. Didn't care for the look until I tried them, but really dig seeing the art and reflections inside.

#2026 1 year ago

I think I’m getting close to the edge I always mod games .Some games $500 will do .Others get into the $2k range .I have a 4 pin collection that could easily be 5 if I didn’t mod any of them ,but It’s what I like to do .People say you don’t get your $ back in a sale but I beg to differ .When buying a pin ,I’ll start with the going stock rate as a base and add the mods up and am happy to offer close to that total on a “in demand “ themed pin as I save time on doing it myself and in selling ,I do the same and just wait for someone like myself to purchase .This is why I refuse to buy any topper or a game with one .The last thing I need is to be adding that price tag to the mix Xs 4 although now that they’re coming coded with extra gameplay ,I do have some interest (dammit) .I’m going to find a game with Precision Flippers installed so I can try them out .I think a friend has a couple sets .The easy adjustment on these has me very interested as I would like to change flipper angles up here and there just to feel different gameplay if that makes sense .So take a modern Stern premium .10k delivered then the basics 1) HD glass 2) shaker motor 3)physical knocker 4) lighted speakers 5) upgraded sound 5) precision flippers ?.Now I’m at 11.3k and have not even added any playfield mods yet .Please tell me why I’m in this hobby again? haha

#2027 1 year ago
    Quoted from mostater:

Solid vs Halo? It was an easy decision for me: RAM had artwork under the flippers so the halos enhanced the pf IMO. I even removed mod flippers for the halos. I went with solid for my ACNC thinking they looked better given no artwork beneath and the solid silver (but blue would've looked grand) fit the overall appearance. Performance on both sets have been superb.

Honestly, given the expense, I don't anticipate upgrading my other games as the stock flips work well enough.

#2028 1 year ago

Kkoss24 Your in this hobby because like all of us you enjoy it, and if you weren't spending money on the games you'd be spending it on something else anyway

#2029 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

RockfordReplay I know those HALO's look a bit fragile, but I can assure you they are tough and won't give you any problems. Play with confidence

Thank you very much, sir. These flippers are works of art and I'm thankful your kits are available.

#2030 1 year ago

@1956Pinhead, is there a chrome verson of your halo product? Thinking for my Tron.

#2031 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Kkoss24 Your in this hobby because like all of us you enjoy it, and if you weren't spending money on the games you'd be spending it on something else anyway

Couldn’t be happier .My family was out of town the weekend so I went to the legal cannabis store and played pinball very ,very loud for a very , very long time early this morning haha .Hence the Chatty Cathy

#2032 1 year ago
    Quoted from dts:

1956PINHEAD, is there a chrome verson of your halo product? Thinking for my Tron.

I remember somewhere on here someone polished a set of raw halo’s - they looked cool but they don’t come polished.

#2033 1 year ago
    Quoted from dts:

1956PINHEAD, is there a chrome verson of your halo product? Thinking for my Tron.

tron19 (resized).jpgtron19 (resized).jpg

#2034 1 year ago
    Quoted from Lounge:

I remember somewhere on here someone polished a set of raw halo’s - they looked cool but they don’t come polished.

Post 907 talked about using a stainless steel polisher. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/review-precision-pinball-products-cnc-flipper-system/page/19#post-7152200

#2035 1 year ago

I do not have any chrome versions, but as mentioned some have just used a dremel tool with a small buffer/polisher wheel with some polishing compound to get them super polished like mirrors.

#2036 1 year ago

Gold halos on my LOTR.

469CE8E2-0E4B-4AA1-8359-89B299D50846 (resized).jpeg469CE8E2-0E4B-4AA1-8359-89B299D50846 (resized).jpeg
    #2037 1 year ago

Michael_D Good choice, looking good! Please post some comments after playing a while and dailing them in.

#2038 1 year ago

Got my purple Halos on my Sth tonight. I'm looking forward to playing some games this weekend!

IMG_20230221_191718 (resized).jpgIMG_20230221_191718 (resized).jpgIMG_20230221_191902 (resized).jpgIMG_20230221_191902 (resized).jpgIMG_20230221_192821 (resized).jpgIMG_20230221_192821 (resized).jpg
    #2039 1 year ago
    Quoted from killborn:

Got my purple Halos on my Sth tonight. I'm looking forward to playing some games this weekend!

Those look fantastic! A perfect match. Gorgeous!

#2040 1 year ago

Well, tried the Halos out on my Mando Premium and must say I love them so far. I could backhand shots I always struggled with and they had enough power to make it up the right side vertical 180 and horseshoe. Got the silver and right now I have red rubber on them. The rubber is taking more getting used to than the flippers. Trying to figure out how to catch on the fly as the rubber is bit harder and more bouncy than my previous. May swap out the rubber for something else just to dial it in. We will see.

But overall, really nice upgrade. Well done. Going to try them on my JP next as I have always struggled with some of those shots.

#2041 1 year ago

Got my silver halos, bushings, and keyed shafts installed in my Demolition Man. Easy process. Only complaint is that one of the bushings seemed to have a bur inside the brass collar as I had to rotate the shaft (tried all 3 shafts I ordered and all had the same issue) about 500 times to get it to finally rotate smoothly. Look and play great so far.

20230221_170508 (resized).jpg20230221_170508 (resized).jpg20230221_231105 (resized).jpg20230221_231105 (resized).jpg
    #2042 1 year ago

Added some blues to my Rush. I have both standard and Halo on my machines. I like both but prefer Halos for the stated reasons - best of both worlds, both have increased accuracy/repeatability, a little more snappy feel, more power, but the Halos are a little closer to standard feel. But you really can’t go wrong, except deciding not to buy.

0E501ED1-72B3-4429-8DDF-4CC7E5548AF3 (resized).jpeg0E501ED1-72B3-4429-8DDF-4CC7E5548AF3 (resized).jpeg3E0E08BB-41E8-417F-9D2D-AB4C14EAF385 (resized).jpeg3E0E08BB-41E8-417F-9D2D-AB4C14EAF385 (resized).jpeg

#2043 1 year ago

Is there a reseller in EU for these products yet?

#2044 1 year ago

Wish there was one here.

#2045 1 year ago
    Quoted from Andy777:

Added some blues to my Rush. I have both standard and Halo on my machines. I like both but prefer Halos for the stated reasons - best of both worlds, both have increased accuracy/repeatability, a little more snappy feel, more power, but the Halos are a little closer to standard feel. But you really can’t go wrong, except deciding not to buy.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Love the complementary color combination.

#2046 1 year ago

Here is a purple/purple on Rush that I didn’t expect to like but it’s really growing on me.

019B90D7-05DE-4956-8936-9574BAF7ED6E (resized).jpeg019B90D7-05DE-4956-8936-9574BAF7ED6E (resized).jpeg
    #2047 1 year ago

The purple on Rush looks fantastic! Thanks for posting this.

#2048 1 year ago
    Quoted from OSUBuckeye98:

Here is a purple/purple on Rush that I didn’t expect to like but it’s really growing on me.
    [quoted image]

Looks good, but I bet it'd look even sharper with light blue titans to match the owl. Those new purple ones look really sharp, of all the colors I think it pops the best, though obviously it doesn't really work with a lot of games.

#2049 1 year ago

Nepi23 I'm working on getting a focal point set up for stocking and selling my products in the EU. Thanks, John

#2050 1 year ago

Finally got my Halos installed with the keyed shafts and metal bushings. Ive tried all the variations on my GnR...original precisions, plastic flippers with metal bushings, plastic bushings with metal original precisions....I can now confirm, this final SETUP is the best setup and GnR shoots like a dream now. No hops, smooth control, just enough play, no hard weird rebounding, able to hit all the shots, under the flipper, backhand ramp and all the orbits...I'm using power settings 24, Left, 26 Right and 14 upper right for the GnR folks out there...I've got a steeper game so that's the reason for the slight bump, otherwise, I probably would leave the power at default.

A+
    20230223_214521 (resized).jpg20230223_214521 (resized).jpg20230223_214503 (resized).jpg20230223_214503 (resized).jpg20230223_214530 (resized).jpg20230223_214530 (resized).jpg

There are 2,967 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 60.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/review-precision-pinball-products-cnc-flipper-system/page/41 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.