Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,945 posts
  • 325 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by kyinwa
  • Topic is favorited by 188 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3125 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3126 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3127 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3129 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3128 (resized).jpeg
    70200477285__4506A207-1186-4D98-9B84-C6E9DFB6AD0C (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1648 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1651 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6936 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6938 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6932 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2794 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2795 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2793 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2792 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0938 (resized).jpeg (©  Of my)

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 59.
    #1951 1 year ago

I think trecemaneras did a pretty good job of describing how this system performs from a little different perspective. The timing or 'Sweet Spot' in terms of when you pull that trigger is a little narrower, but that ball is going on the same trajectory everytime with no randomness.

I would like to see more owners give their perspectives as it helps others to get a larger sense on how the system performs especially in the many different games that they have now been installed in.

I also want to take this time to let everyone know that I'm in the process of updating my Pinside Store. I'm building separate store pages for Stern/Data East games, Spooky games, and grouping JJP, Pbros, CGC, APB, Dutch, B/W together. When ordering you will now select kits by game manufacturer. I'm hoping this makes it easier for those who are ordering for the first time, and for those who are repeat customers as well. I considered by specific game as well, but I'd Blow up Pinside with hundreds of store pages, I'm sure I'd get slammed for that move!

My goal is to have these updates completed mid week next week. I'll also have the majority of everything back in stock as well with the exception of the Keyed Shaft/Clamps, those are still about two weeks away yet.

Thanks everyone for hanging in there as I know several have been waiting for stock to come back in. What's that ole saying, "I got caught with my pants down", but in this case I just didn't get the machines cranked up fast enough after the holiday.

I just know punkin's going to have some fun with that 'Pants Down' comment, I'm bracing for it

#1952 1 year ago

Just got a set of the Halos in Green. Perfect fit for my GZ.

IMG_0628.JPG (resized).jpegIMG_0628.JPG (resized).jpegIMG_0627.JPG (resized).jpegIMG_0627.JPG (resized).jpeg
    #1953 1 year ago
    Quoted from DiabloRush:

Just got a set of the Halos in Green. Perfect fit for my GZ. [quoted image][quoted image]

Hahahaha you sly dog of a tease you are with showing us the green.

#1954 1 year ago
    Quoted from DiabloRush:

Just got a set of the Halos in Green. Perfect fit for my GZ. [quoted image][quoted image]

Nice.

That is the combo I've been waiting for to make the plunge.

#1955 1 year ago

Green will be available when my store pages go active next week, as will all the other colors.

Grn Halo combo (resized).jpgGrn Halo combo (resized).jpg
    #1956 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Green will be available when my store pages go active next week, as will all the other colors.
    [quoted image]

Beautiful!!!! Thinking those are going to look amazing on TMNT and GB

#1957 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

[quoted image]

Are the halo's and solids different shades of green, or is it just the lighting in that pic?

#1959 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

My goal is to have these updates completed mid week next week. I'll also have the majority of everything back in stock as well with the exception of the Keyed Shaft/Clamps, those are still about two weeks away yet.t

If there is any way you could allow pre-orders I would appreciate it. I would like to just place my order and wait rather than checking this thread every day.

#1960 1 year ago

@ Duster72 I am in the process of updating my store pages which are a 'Work in Process' otherwise I would accomidate your request. I will have everything up and running Wed evening. Everyone will be able to place orders then and I will start shipping those orders end of the week.

Thanks!

#1961 1 year ago

Review Time

Game: GZ

Rubbers: Titan low bounce

Bottom line: These improve gameplay experience.

Definitely new timing to get drop and live catches down. I’m still figuring it out but getting better. My flipper power was already turned up a few notches before the precision flippers. These add a bit of extra power but not to the point I think I’ll break something.

I lined the flipper tips up with the alignment holes and haven’t felt the need to tweak them. I am hitting the maser target and left spinner much more often than before. Hell I even Shatzed the pop bumper once for the first time ever. I am getting to tank multi ball more often and also played Rampage mode twice since installing. I only played it once a long time ago.

My scores are typically around 200M and you under, but I do have a few games over 1 billion. I am content when my scores reach 300M. Since installing these I had a few games over 300M and another over 550M. Average scores are definitely higher. Now I just need a strategy to work from.

The improved accuracy is real. You will score better with these. Installation was easy and John provides very detailed instructions with pictures. Well done John!

#1962 1 year ago

Mattyk Thanks for posting. Having feedback like this on specific games is a benefit to others both as a comparison to your set-up and for those who might be considering an install on GZ as well. I Really appreciate your taking the time to post in here, another data point for others to draw upon.

I'm really glad you're liking the product. Let us know when you crack 2 Billion

#1963 1 year ago

1956PINHEAD Do you have links or digital copies of the install instructions? I didn't see any on your website. I'm selling a game and would like to give the new owner instructions on the system.

#1964 1 year ago

Just noticed I've got quite a bit of return bounce on the halos I put on Bond. I know there was discussion about this way back in the thread, but don't see anything keyed. What's the consensus on addressing? Just shorten the springs? Anything else worth trying?

#1965 1 year ago

Zambonilli I'll email you a set of instructions.

Ollulanus Yes, you shorten up the spring by cutting a couple coils off at a time until you get the desired results.

#1966 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ollulanus:Let me know how SW works out with the weaker coils; thought about putting them on mine but the flippers hit like a truck as is, wasn't sure I wanted to fool with a coil swap.

I replaced the original 4.8 ohm flipper coils (090-5032-00) with some 5.1 ohm coils(090-5030-00) witch I got from The Pinball Resource. I couldn't find anything with higher resistance but these did make a difference and seem to be working out well. I think it could benefit from a little more resistance but I am happier with how it flips now. It's worth noting that I replaced the Death Star target gate with a 3D printed gate that a friend of mine in the commercial 3D printing industry printed for me. I don't remember what he said it was, only that it was some special high dollar super impact resistant printing media they had left over. Being that the original part was a weak point, I can't speak to it's ability to really handle any increase in power.

#1967 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Zambonilli I'll email you a set of instructions.
    Ollulanus Yes, you shorten up the spring by cutting a couple coils off at a time until you get the desired results.

John, you better be in the process of updating the halos in the shop. You said restock Wednesday and I need my fix, go to check and the halos are gone entirely I'm an addict with withdrawals over here playing this Zep I got a month ago with basic-ass flippers! LOL

#1968 1 year ago

Ollulanus Yes, I'm updating my store pages for both the standard and HALO kits and will have them back up on my store later tonight. The days of playing your Zep with those Cheesy Plastic flippers will be over soon

#1969 1 year ago

I'm going try a set of the halos out on either R&M or GZ. I have 2 questions.

1) I believe the bushings for R&M will default to the shorter version based on my searching but I haven't seen anything that says it explicitly. Is that correct?
    2) Why aren't the keyed shafts necessary/recommended for Stern machines?

#1970 1 year ago
    Quoted from mjthompson:

1) I believe the bushings for R&M will default to the shorter version based on my searching but I haven't seen anything that says it explicitly. Is that correct?

1) Yes, specify they are for R&M and you'll get the shorter bushings. Have them on mine. On the off chance you have the spacer fix installed already, you could also request the regular ones so you don't have to change all that out I suppose.
    2) Stern shafts suck less. Trust me, you WANT them on RM - those clamps spooky and JJP use suck. Stern ones are generally fine, so no need to spend the extra $$, though you could use them if you want to.

#1971 1 year ago
    Quoted from mjthompson:

Also, the correct answer is putting them on both R&M and GZ. Trust me. But if you want to chose one to start, do R&M. All games I've put them on have benefited, but R&M NEEDS them....I can loop the ramps all day now.

#1972 1 year ago

I am definitely getting key's shafts when I get a set. I've replaced flippers on my JP and it is a pain in the ass to get it tight enough. I've even stripped screws trying to get it tight enough and had to go to HD and get some new ones. Then you can tighten it TOO much that the clamp bends, which I thought I did but I think I bent it back.

#1973 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ollulanus:

1) Yes, specify they are for R&M and you'll get the shorter bushings. Have them on mine. On the off chance you have the spacer fix installed already, you could also request the regular ones so you don't have to change all that out I suppose.
    2) Stern shafts suck less. Trust me, you WANT them on RM - those clamps spooky and JJP use suck. Stern ones are generally fine, so no need to spend the extra $$, though you could use them if you want to.

Thanks for the clarification. I'll probably do both at some point and maybe AFMrLE but I figured I should try 'em out first. Unless there's a bulk discount

#1974 1 year ago

Keyed shafts still show out of stock; really want to buy them with the halos at the same time. Any idea when they'll be back in stock?

#1975 1 year ago

jk2171 I should have them back in stock in about two weeks.

Thanks,
    John

#1976 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

jk2171 I should have them back in stock in about two weeks.
    Thanks,
    John

John sounds like this “little” project of yours has become your new day AND nighttime job whether you like it or not. Gotta keep ‘em happy and give ‘em what they want….. or at this point NEED! Cheers to you brother

#1977 1 year ago

Its pinball crack......

#1978 1 year ago

Hi John, I ordered a few more kits last night but need( one more stern bushing) to complete my Iron Maiden . I noticed the stern flipper bushing is still out of stock as a single item, yet they are in my kits. Any chance you can pull on from a kit and send one with my order(with added charge of course so I dont have to ship one bushing?
    Thanks again, I love this flipper system!

#1979 1 year ago

ghostbc I've made a note on your order and will take care of it. Glad you like the product

#1980 1 year ago

Just placed an order for the green halos for GZ. I look forward to trying em out. And I honestly like them just for asthetics even if they didn't change the gameplay lol.

If they make that much of a difference, I may order some for my JP after to replace my LED flippers on there.

#1981 1 year ago

1956PINHEAD I feel like I saw a post about special edition flippers for Bond. Is that on the horizon, or should I just go ahead and order from the available options? Either way, excited to try these out!

#1982 1 year ago

dvmrunner Yes you are correct. I'm working on getting some anodize color samples in a Gray scale, hope to have those samples next week for my review. They are most likely about 4-5 weeks out at the soonest before they are available. I think it will be worth the wait if your looking to match the game theme color more closely.

#1983 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

dvmrunner Yes you are correct. I'm working on getting some anodize color samples in a Gray scale, hope to have those samples next week for my review. They are most likely about 4-5 weeks out at the soonest before they are available. I think it will be worth the wait if your looking to match the game theme color more closely.

Thank you! I'll keep an eye out for that and pre-order/order when available.

#1984 1 year ago

Keyed shafts are "key". Easy to tighten, work like a charm. Do NOT understand why ALL shafts aren't this way.

#1985 1 year ago
    Quoted from rmf-pinball:

Keyed shafts are "key". Easy to tighten, work like a charm. Do NOT understand why ALL shafts aren't this way.

It's pretty simple lol - you wouldn't be able to adjust the flipper angle.

#1986 1 year ago

How much is a extended set for ghostbusters.

#1987 1 year ago

big-c66 I'll just swap out the regular standard flipper's for the extended version for you. However, you'll be limited to Silver, Gold, Red, or Blue only for the extended versions. Just make sure to make a note on the order to swap them out.

#1988 1 year ago

These make getting to High Noon almost too easy.

#1989 1 year ago

Ordered a triple whammy halo gold set for GZ a few days ago, super excited to join the club! Can't wait to try these bad boys out. Great work John. Smashing it

#1990 1 year ago

Is there a chance you can create a TSPP kit? Need the three mains along with the short two bats for the upper playfield along with an extension to reach those mini flippers?

#1991 1 year ago

JimB Send me a PM with additional info on what color, type, etc. you would like and I'll get back to you.

John

#1992 1 year ago

Anyone put these on a Baywatch?

Are the Data East/Stern bushings compatible or is there notch needed like in some Data East games?

#1993 1 year ago

Mattyk I think the mounting flange needs to have a small notch filed into it if I recall from someone who had installed in a Data East game a few months back.

#1994 1 year ago

Seem to remember that post. If you search the thread you'll find it.

#1995 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Mattyk I think the mounting flange needs to have a small notch filed into it if I recall from someone who had installed in a Data East game a few months back.

I’ll check my game. I believe it was a hook that had the notch

#1996 1 year ago

Installed my halo's today in GZ. The only word of advice I'd give is the right flipper is easier to change with the playfield upright. I couldn't get a good angle/leverage with it just leaning over the edge but once I got it upright, it was much easier for me.

I only got like 5 minutes of balltime after so I can't really comment on em much yet, but I literally hit the right ramp shot 15 times in a row before I stopped trying lol. So perhaps "more precise".

My flipper power I had already lowered a bit with stock flippers but I definitely could tell the ball was moving a bit faster with these and the same setting. I could tell how fast the ball whipped around the backwall when hitting those right ramp shots that it was just moving noticeably faster.

Anyways, here are some pics I snapped.

IMG_0069 (resized).JPGIMG_0069 (resized).JPGIMG_0070 (resized).JPGIMG_0070 (resized).JPGIMG_0071 (resized).JPGIMG_0071 (resized).JPGIMG_0072 (resized).JPGIMG_0072 (resized).JPGIMG_0073 (resized).JPGIMG_0073 (resized).JPGIMG_0074 (resized).JPGIMG_0074 (resized).JPGIMG_0075 (resized).JPGIMG_0075 (resized).JPGIMG_0076 (resized).JPGIMG_0076 (resized).JPG
    #1997 1 year ago
    Quoted from purbeast:

Installed my halo's today in GZ. The only word of advice I'd give is the right flipper is easier to change with the playfield upright. I couldn't get a good angle/leverage with it just leaning over the edge but once I got it upright, it was much easier for me.
    I only got like 5 minutes of balltime after so I can't really comment on em much yet, but I literally hit the right ramp shot 15 times in a row before I stopped trying lol. So perhaps "more precise".
    My flipper power I had already lowered a bit with stock flippers but I definitely could tell the ball was moving a bit faster with these and the same setting. I could tell how fast the ball whipped around the backwall when hitting those right ramp shots that it was just moving noticeably faster.
    Anyways, here are some pics I snapped.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice! Did you get the keyed shafts, too?

#1998 1 year ago
    Quoted from mostater:

Nice! Did you get the keyed shafts, too?

I did not because they were out of stock.

Honestly though, I'm kind of glad I didn't because it saved me like $80 lol.

And hopefully I never have to tighten them again or anything.

#1999 1 year ago

mostater Keyed Shaft/Clamps aren't really necessary on Stern Games as long as you crank down the clamp screws really tight like they do at the factory. It's the other game manufacturers that use the B/W style clamps that benefit from installing them.

#2000 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

mostater Keyed Shaft/Clamps aren't really necessary on Stern Games as long as you crank down the clamp screws really tight like they do at the factory. It's the other game manufacturers that use the B/W style clamps that benefit from installing them.

Ah, I was wondering about that. Thanks!

There are 2,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 59.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/review-precision-pinball-products-cnc-flipper-system/page/40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.