Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,945 posts
  • 325 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 24 hours ago by kyinwa
  • Topic is favorited by 189 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3125 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3126 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3127 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3129 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3128 (resized).jpeg
    70200477285__4506A207-1186-4D98-9B84-C6E9DFB6AD0C (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1648 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1651 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6936 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6938 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6932 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2794 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2795 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2793 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2792 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0938 (resized).jpeg (©  Of my)

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 59.
    #1851 1 year ago

Little more Gold for MM. Now I need to decide what color for MB.

PXL_20230125_024618342 (resized).jpgPXL_20230125_024618342 (resized).jpg
    #1852 1 year ago
    Quoted from Nstone4425:

Little more Gold for MM. Now I need to decide what color for MB.
    [quoted image]

Purple when it's available.

#1853 1 year ago

I put some red Halo's on my DE Jurassic Park; I've been amazed at the difference and I love how they look! Decided to put some on my DE Star Wars as well and just installed them a couple days ago. The flippers are a little to strong on the Star Wars but I have some different coils coming Friday so I'll see how that works out. I may try yellow bands on the Star Wars. The one issue is that there appears to be a minor blemish in the right golden Halo. Since I'm constantly staring at the flippers while I play it really jumps out at me. That aside, these things are amazing, and I'm considering putting these on my Pharaoh after I upgrade the flipper mechs to WPC. They have my vote in the TWIPY awards!

JP 01 (resized).jpgJP 01 (resized).jpgJP 02 (resized).jpgJP 02 (resized).jpgSW 01 (resized).jpgSW 01 (resized).jpgSW 02 (resized).jpgSW 02 (resized).jpgSW 03 (resized).jpgSW 03 (resized).jpg
    #1854 1 year ago

Jackaltr Thanks for posting your comments and game photos. In looking at that right gold HALO on Star Wars it does appear to have some sort of weird looking burnish effect. I'm more than happy to swap that out for you and you can hang onto that one for a spare. Or you can make a key fob out of it to attach all your game lock box keys on

It's nice to see some Data East game photos popping up as well, more to add to the gallery!

I'll get a replacement sent out to you in the next couple days.
    Thanks,
    John

#1855 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jackaltr:

I put some red Halo's on my DE Jurassic Park; I've been amazed at the difference and I love how they look! Decided to put some on my DE Star Wars as well and just installed them a couple days ago. The flippers are a little to strong on the Star Wars but I have some different coils coming Friday so I'll see how that works out. I may try yellow bands on the Star Wars. The one issue is that there appears to be a minor blemish in the right golden Halo. Since I'm constantly staring at the flippers while I play it really jumps out at me. That aside, these things are amazing, and I'm considering putting these on my Pharaoh after I upgrade the flipper mechs to WPC. They have my vote in the TWIPY awards!
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Let me know how SW works out with the weaker coils; thought about putting them on mine but the flippers hit like a truck as is, wasn't sure I wanted to fool with a coil swap.

#1856 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Jackaltr Thanks for posting your comments and game photos. In looking at that right gold HALO on Star Wars it does appear to have some sort of weird looking burnish effect. I'm more than happy to swap that out for you and you can hang onto that one for a spare. Or you can make a key fob out of it to attach all your game lock box keys on
    It's nice to see some Data East game photos popping up as well, more to add to the gallery!
    I'll get a replacement sent out to you in the next couple days.
    Thanks,
    John

Awesome, thanks John!

#1858 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Available soon.
    [quoted image]

Now those ARE sexy!

#1859 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Available soon.
    [quoted image]

Got any pics of the green ones?

#1860 1 year ago

I'll have the Green next week, I'll post some photos

#1861 1 year ago

Finally got the Halos installed on TBL. The blue was a great choice and glad I went that way… installed the bushing, new cranks, keyed shaft and halo flippers. Such an incredible flipper system, take a bit to get used to them but wow do they look good.

75EC7842-B9E5-4FAF-97CF-185C189B53D5 (resized).jpeg75EC7842-B9E5-4FAF-97CF-185C189B53D5 (resized).jpeg
    #1862 1 year ago

Someone just shared this install video with me.

#1863 1 year ago

What do you think of these. You like them

Silver_Purple (resized).jpgSilver_Purple (resized).jpg
    #1864 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

[quoted image]

They're cool, but the color would be mostly covered up by rubber.

#1865 1 year ago

Those look slick. In Black, I bet they'd look ridiculously good.

#1866 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

[quoted image]

I like em'...been on the fence whether I want to do silver or purple for my Rick and Morty. Best of both worlds! With some glow in the dark rubbers on there? Sweet!

#1867 1 year ago

guitarded You mean something like this

Blk_Silver (resized).jpgBlk_Silver (resized).jpg
    #1868 1 year ago

This would have been great in blue on my Star Wars, R2-D2 flippers!

#1869 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

You mean something like this

Yeah. Those would look sick in my TNA!

I think Blue / Silver would really look good in the Star Wars machines, too.

#1870 1 year ago

Personally, for me, I plan to stick with aluminum color only. These are expensive enough I plan for this to be an item I remove from a game before I sell it. So by sticking to one color I can keep them and re-use them endlessly

#1871 1 year ago
    Quoted from ASAC_Schrader:

Personally, for me, I plan to stick with aluminum color only. These are expensive enough I plan for this to be an item I remove from a game before I sell it. So by sticking to one color I can keep them and re-use them endlessly

I think they could be a selling point when selling a game.. add a little to the price, save some labor an buy a new set

#1872 1 year ago
    Quoted from PunkPin:

I think they could be a selling point when selling a game.. add a little to the price, save some labor an buy a new set

eh, good luck. I find most people don't value mods on games and they wash in the selling price.
    For me I remove just about everything I added that is not game specific before selling.

#1873 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

[quoted image]

Put some rubbers on both sets, or better still, put them in a game and show us John.

Can't tell from that.

#1874 1 year ago

Hey, did you know your product doesn't show in the ad's at the bottom of it's own thread?

Always have to find a back door to your shop.

#1875 1 year ago
    Quoted from ASAC_Schrader:

Expensive?

Cut it out, it's 1.1789473684211% of a new Stern premium.

Add $100 to your price and do the people you are selling/swapping with a solid (sic).

#1876 1 year ago

punkin Geez, I was having a halfway decent day then you went and spoiled it!!!, Actually good to know, not sure what the hecks going on there, need to add it to my list of To-Do's!

#1877 1 year ago

Don't shoot the messenger.

kevinmcgarry-mcgarries.gifkevinmcgarry-mcgarries.gif

#1878 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Expensive?
    Cut it out, it's 1.1789473684211% of a new Stern premium.
    Add $100 to your price and do the people you are selling/swapping with a solid (sic).

By that rationale if I told you it would cost $500 for a new bathroom doorknob, you can’t say it’s expensive because it only equals 0.14% of the cost of your $350,000 house.

#1879 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mattyk:

By that rationale if I told you it would cost $500 for a new bathroom doorknob, you can’t say it’s expensive because it only equals 0.14% of the cost of your $350,000 house.

If you showed me a door knob that would improve the door opening experience by the same margin as the precision Flippers improve the pinball experience i'd plainly agree with you wholefuckinghardedly.

#1880 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

If you showed me a door knob that would improve the door opening experience by the same margin as the precision Flippers improve the pinball experience i'd plainly agree with you wholefuckinghardedly.

Exactly. For what this flipper mod does in terms of enhancing gameplay (mine are in the mail so this is based on other’s reviews) I agree that it’s not expensive for the benefit it provides. Doesn’t matter what the pinball machine actually costs whether you are putting these on a $2000 Data East or a $9,000 premium. The benefit is worth the $150 or so

#1881 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mattyk:

Exactly. For what this flipper mod does in terms of enhancing gameplay (mine are in the mail so this is based on other’s reviews) I agree that it’s not expensive for the benefit it provides. Doesn’t matter what the pinball machine actually costs whether you are putting these on a $2000 Data East or a $9,000 premium. The benefit is worth the $150 or so

Thanks for confirming my point.

#1882 1 year ago

If you want the longer flippers for Ghostbusters do you order the 2 flipper kit and add two additional longer? So you get 4 total?

#1883 1 year ago

JimB If you want to order a two flipper kit for Ghost Busters I'll just swap out the longer flipper bats for the standards at no additonal cost for you this time. Also you might be interested in opting for Purple, although not shown yet as an ordering option I did have a few of them anodized purple along with the standard flipper bats.

So just order a colored set, then send me a note along with the order to swap out the color you ordered for purple. I'd like to see a set of the extended flippers installed in Ghost Busters in purple, so please post some photos after the intall.

Thanks!

#1884 1 year ago

Guess what colour i need?

DSCF1925[1] (resized).jpgDSCF1925[1] (resized).jpg

#1885 1 year ago

Pink!

Quoted from punkin:

Guess what colour i need?
    [quoted image]

#1886 1 year ago

I’m going to get a set and try them out, I’m pretty sure from the overwhelming positive reviews they are going to be great. This to me is well worth the $ considering the flippers are pretty much the heart of pinball. And when you consider this is priced lower then so many other mods that actually do “nothing” for gameplay.

#1887 1 year ago
    Quoted from guitarded:

Yeah. Those would look sick in my TNA!
    I think Blue / Silver would really look good in the Star Wars machines, too.

TNA in standard silver looks pretty slick...

0128231850b_HDR (resized).jpg0128231850b_HDR (resized).jpg
    #1888 1 year ago

Goodun.

Seriously John, could you paint or powdercoat these things? Assuming etch primer etc, would it stand up to the contact if you masked off the bottom rail do you think?

#1889 1 year ago

punkin I'll look into white for you, I might be able to pull that off. I'll let you know.

#1890 1 year ago
    Quoted from PunkPin:

I got $100 back on my end of the trade AND got the guy to do the 3 hour drive when I left a set of solids on my rush. Probably could have got me to leave them just for doing the driving and not having to fuss with putting the regs back on. Putting a few of these in makes you REALLY hate adjusting flipper position the old fashioned way

#1891 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

guitarded You mean something like this
    [quoted image]

That's slick. I'd be really interested to see how those look rubbered up (gigity).

#1892 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

punkin I'll look into white for you, I might be able to pull that off. I'll let you know.

Look into a product called gunkote from KG industries. I use it a lot in my restoration shop to simulate a black oxide finish on fasteners. It's a one part bake on coating that won't chip, flake, peel, is excessively durable, and has a less than 10 micron particle size. It's extremely abrasion and impact resistant. You wouldn't even need to mask off the the tapered mating surface. You can coat a nut and bolt and they'll screw together without even cleaning the threads or marring the surface finish when tightening. They have a ton of colors, can mix custom colors, make it matte or glossy, or even add pearlessence to the finish. This would be a perfect application for it. I plan on using it to coat some white bats for my EM restoration project. Powder coat is so thick it can be problematic and I've moved away from it completely.

#1893 1 year ago

Got my Halos today! Nice job with the packaging and highly detailed instructions! Gonna install these tonight on GZ

A2B55B0E-971C-4709-AEB4-9FDA5965B64B (resized).jpegA2B55B0E-971C-4709-AEB4-9FDA5965B64B (resized).jpeg
    #1894 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mattyk:

Got my Halos today! Nice job with the packaging and highly detailed instructions! Gonna install these tonight on GZ
    [quoted image]

Only 2 flippers though?

#1895 1 year ago
    Quoted from purbeast:

Only 2 flippers though?

Yeah I wasn’t sure how I’d like them and figured if I did, I could always buy the third when I placed an order for another game.

I played about 20 games with them. I use Titan low bounce rubbers. I didn’t notice a ton of extra power (my flippers are already turned up a bit), but I could tell they were a bit more powerful. I like that

Timing is different for live and dead catching but I think I can get used to it. So far so good.

F41BA339-86DB-40DA-B7D1-908A494029C9 (resized).jpegF41BA339-86DB-40DA-B7D1-908A494029C9 (resized).jpeg
    #1896 1 year ago

Hey Guys, Valentines day is approaching. Perhaps your significant other might Like a pair of these ear rings if she's into pinball? Price would be $40.00 a pair plus $8.00 for shipping, $48.00 total. They are an exact replica (approx 30% of the size) of my solid top flipper bat, 1" long, and machined from aluminum.

They are limited to 10 Pairs, and in silver color only.

If anyone is interested PM me to lock in your place in line and provide your Paypal account name so I can send you an Invoice for payment.

Once they are gone I'll post back in here so everyone will know they have been spoken for. They will ship out Feb 8th.

Thanks!

Ear ring_Purple_HALO (resized).jpgEar ring_Purple_HALO (resized).jpgear rings (resized).jpgear rings (resized).jpg

#1897 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Hey Guys, Valentines day is approaching. Perhaps your significant other might Like a pair of these ear rings if she's into pinball? Price would be $40.00 a pair plus $8.00 for shipping, $48.00 total. They are an exact replica (approx 30% of the size) of my solid top flipper bat, 1" long, and machined from aluminum.
    They are limited to 10 Pairs, and in silver color only.
    If anyone is interested PM me to lock in your place in line and provide your Paypal account name so I can send you an Invoice for payment.
    Once they are gone I'll post back in here so everyone will know they have been spoken for. They will ship out Feb 8th.
    Thanks!
    [quoted image][quoted image]

What colors do they come in?

Just kidding.
    Neat idea

#1898 1 year ago

I'm tempted to get a pair for my 13yo who plays the crap out of our whirlwind and jumps at every chance to play on location. For my girlfriend though? Never would I ever

#1899 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mattyk:

Yeah I wasn’t sure how I’d like them and figured if I did, I could always buy the third when I placed an order for another game.
    I played about 20 games with them. I use Titan low bounce rubbers. I didn’t notice a ton of extra power (my flippers are already turned up a bit), but I could tell they were a bit more powerful. I like that
    Timing is different for live and dead catching but I think I can get used to it. So far so good.
    [quoted image]

Try regular rubber. I had Titan Low bounce, then went to standard rubber and I am not regretting it. Control was much better for dead catching, IMO. chuckwurt gave the recommendation, so I can't take full credit for it, but I will not go back to anything else when using the Precision flippers, including the Halos.

#1900 1 year ago

Hi!
    When will you have more product in stock?
    I need more!

There are 2,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 59.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/review-precision-pinball-products-cnc-flipper-system/page/38?hl=ray-dude and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.