Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,967 posts
  • 326 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 28 minutes ago by mIkea
  • Topic is favorited by 188 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2062 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3125 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3126 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3127 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3129 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3128 (resized).jpeg
    70200477285__4506A207-1186-4D98-9B84-C6E9DFB6AD0C (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1648 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1651 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6936 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6938 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6932 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2794 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2795 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2793 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2792 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,967 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 60.
    #1651 1 year ago

After reading some of these posts I wonder if removing the anodized surface would have fixed the problem with the bats not biting into the shaft? Just enough to get to bare aluminum. You know just where it mates with the knurled portion? I’ve already sent them back as I’m being taken care of by @1956PINHEAD. That may have softened it up enough for it to bite in. I never considered the hardening of the material anodizing does.

#1652 1 year ago

On my SW Premium, I have to use the removal tool to adjust the silver version (non anodized). On GZ, I don't need to use the tool (and they are tight, I've been playing quite a lot, they did not move at all during gameplay even after a few adjustments)

#1653 1 year ago
    Quoted from Vespula:

Key post please!

Done.
    Speaking of key posts, why is https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/review-precision-pinball-products-cnc-flipper-system/page/25#post-7227039
    marked as a key post? Did it have measurements at one time? The description mentions measurements but there aren’t any there.

#1654 1 year ago
    Quoted from Vespula:

Key post please!
    I thought there were pictures on this? No?

Pictures are an option, some added, some haven't. I don't have a simple setup to revise your own post, but if you posted something and want to add a pic just send it my way and I can do it manually when I get a sec.

#1655 1 year ago

If you’ve installed a mini in the JJP GNRLE upper playfield, which size did you use?

The 2” mini is shorter than the JJP original (first pic) and the 2-1/4” is longer (second pic - original flipper on top in each pic.)

As well, anyone replace the extended original plastic bushing with one of the metal Precisions? I assume that the tighter tolerance more than makes up for the shorter length, but am interested in any notes from actual usage.

7695B539-D09F-44B9-B9C3-783B9971DC32.jpeg7695B539-D09F-44B9-B9C3-783B9971DC32.jpeg64003879-3CA4-4957-A182-3CF79CE584FC.jpeg64003879-3CA4-4957-A182-3CF79CE584FC.jpeg

#1656 1 year ago

I installed the longer in my GnR, and I didn't bother with a metal bushing. Same for the mini upper flipper on WOZ.

#1657 1 year ago
    Quoted from DiabloRush:

I installed the longer in my GnR, and I didn't bother with a metal bushing. Same for the mini upper flipper on WOZ.

Just ran into same issue on my GnR with upper playfield, that bushing would need to be about 3 1/4". I hit up John to see if those might be in the works. The standard precision metal bushing wouldn't support that elongated shaft enough, correct!?

#1658 1 year ago

For GnR I have been recommending that you leave the factory plastic bushing in place for the extended shaft, not a whole lot of benefit in changing it. I also do not have any plans at this time to make a longer metal sleeved bushing for that longer shaft.

#1659 1 year ago

Hello All. I just wanted to let everyone know that my shop will be closed for ordering from now until Jan 1st 2023. A big thank you to all my customers for helping to make this product a success. I wish everyone a very happy holidays

#1660 1 year ago

Have a great chrissy John. Thank you for your products, i love them.

#1661 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Both Purple and Green for the HALO's will be coming into the line-up for 2023

Great news!

#1662 1 year ago

A local buddy of mine got me hooked on these flippers. We both have been going back and forth what would look good on Ghostbusters. Earlier this week he surprised me with a gift that I opened up and my jaw dropped. I was completely caught off guard. As soon as my wife saw them she said she wanted them on her machine, which is Stranger things. These are absolutely stunning in person I'm thinking I might due to translucent rubbers on them.

PXL_20221220_230752238 (resized).jpgPXL_20221220_230752238 (resized).jpgPXL_20221220_230906536 (resized).jpgPXL_20221220_230906536 (resized).jpg
    #1663 1 year ago
    Quoted from Nstone4425:

A local buddy of mine got me hooked on these flippers. We both have been going back and forth what would look good on Ghostbusters. Earlier this week he surprised me with a gift that I opened up and my jaw dropped. I was completely caught off guard. As soon as my wife saw them she said she wanted them on her machine, which is Stranger things. These are absolutely stunning in person I'm thinking I might due to translucent rubbers on them.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Wait…those are purple. Did ya paint em?

#1664 1 year ago
    Quoted from Nstone4425:

Do Glow in the dark rubbers if you have the UV light kit. They are awesome!!

#1665 1 year ago

I just installed these on my Rick and Morty and the game plays sharper & stronger with this flipper system (bat/bushing/arm). I decided to wait awhile to give them a try and after reading several really positive R&M reviews, decided to take the plunge Rick and Morty has some crazy upper flipper shots that benefit from the added precision. The flipper system is beautifully designed and crafted. I don't think I'll be converting my entire collection, but am very happy I decided to mod Rick and Morty with this very cool product. All the odd negatively earlier in this thread is unfortunate. Thanks John!

IMG_2147 (resized).jpegIMG_2147 (resized).jpeg

#1666 1 year ago

snaroff Really glad you decided to purchase a set and give them a try. I think the product speaks for itself and once installed it becomes very evident to the player just how much more responsive and precise this flipper system is over the plastic parts that come from the manufacturers. Thanks for the Kudos on the product.

#1667 1 year ago

Wait.

There are PURPLE now?

When did this happen?

#1668 1 year ago

Ha sorry everyone. I thought my buddy has this set done in purple by @1956Pinhead. He bought a silver set and had a local shop anodize them purple. Looking forward to the green and purple to come in the future.

#1669 1 year ago
    Quoted from snaroff:

I just installed these on my Rick and Morty and the game plays sharper & stronger with this flipper system (bat/bushing/arm). I decided to wait awhile to give them a try and after reading several really positive R&M reviews, decided to take the plunge Rick and Morty has some crazy upper flipper shots that benefit from the added precision. The flipper system is beautifully designed and crafted. I don't think I'll be converting my entire collection, but am very happy I decided to mod Rick and Morty with this very cool product. All the odd negatively earlier in this thread is unfortunate. Thanks John!
    [quoted image]

Peek a boo

Inkedba3d6497a4a66a3cd54cac449efd77ead6ad68a5 (resized).jpgInkedba3d6497a4a66a3cd54cac449efd77ead6ad68a5 (resized).jpg
    #1670 1 year ago

Just want to thank 1956PINHEAD for helping me out. It appears to be a problem on my end. He sent me another set to help me figure it out. I appreciate the support. This guy really stands behind his product and work. I’m up and running and really love these. I will systematically replace these on all my games. Thanks again.

59A445F6-61BD-4F01-9824-787B74DE90C4 (resized).jpeg59A445F6-61BD-4F01-9824-787B74DE90C4 (resized).jpegEE53E32D-937F-4DFD-8335-36AF0540001A (resized).jpegEE53E32D-937F-4DFD-8335-36AF0540001A (resized).jpeg
    #1671 1 year ago

So what was the issue then mate?

#1672 1 year ago

There was no evidence of galling on the receiver of the aluminum bat portion. So, it had to be slipping in the clamp. I didn't have any issues with my plastic bats or the new set, but there is no other explanation. I didn't do anything different they just work now.

#1673 1 year ago

Righto, i gotta put an allen key in mine and swing on em then.

Figured John had the right end of the stick.

#1674 1 year ago

Here are the yellow Titans. Better than the red bands by a whole bunch.

ts41 (resized).jpgts41 (resized).jpgts42 (resized).jpgts42 (resized).jpg
    #1675 1 year ago
    Quoted from fnosm:

Here are the yellow Titans. Better than the red bands by a whole bunch.

They look a bit cockeyed. Might wanna check that. Nice color combination!

#1676 1 year ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

I was shocked when I had the playfield up that the artwork goes all the way under the apron of alien. It's just black

I’m pretty sure that’s a change PB made and the original games are bare wood under the apron. I’d have to check my file but that’s my memory. That’s why it’s just black, and no Easter eggs or anything.

#1677 1 year ago

I'm adding my first set of Precision Flip Flippers to a World Cup Soccer I am doing a playfield swap on. I installed them, and everything looks great, but the flippers feel like they are sitting up pretty high to me. I didn't see any images I could compare with in this thread, so I figured I'd ask. So does this look roughly about how high most of yours flippers are sitting? I am using the metal bushings, so I assume they are accurate, but if not I can add some washers or something underneath to bring it down a bit.

Thanks in advance!

PXL_20221227_031034952 (resized).jpgPXL_20221227_031034952 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20221227_031113996 (resized).jpgPXL_20221227_031113996 (resized).jpg

#1678 1 year ago

I just put red Halo's on Rush LE and Wow! Just Wow! I don't know if you will become a better player but I am sure you will play better(if ya know what I mean). Only played a few games so far but after getting use to the new sweet spots I have had better score's and longer games already. Great product!

#1679 1 year ago
    Quoted from rockwell:

I'm adding my first set of Precision Flip Flippers to a World Cup Soccer I am doing a playfield swap on. I installed them, and everything looks great, but the flippers feel like they are sitting up pretty high to me. I didn't see any images I could compare with in this thread, so I figured I'd ask. So does this look roughly about how high most of yours flippers are sitting? I am using the metal bushings, so I assume they are accurate, but if not I can add some washers or something underneath to bring it down a bit.
    Thanks in advance!
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

John posted this earlier in the thread, should help

3271e5300f7da38a121baae22bb76f491cdabff9 (resized).jpeg3271e5300f7da38a121baae22bb76f491cdabff9 (resized).jpeg
    #1680 1 year ago
    Quoted from ian866:

John posted this earlier in the thread, should help
    [quoted image]

Thanks for that, I will give mine a measure and see if I'm close.

#1681 1 year ago
    Quoted from rockwell:

I can add some washers or something underneath to bring it down a bit.

I haven’t had problems with any of my installs but this is the approach I would take.

#1682 1 year ago

rockwell If you are planing to stick with the stock factory flipper rubber you should be good to go. If you put other low bounce or thinner rubber on the flipper bats you might get some minor ball contact on the lower lip (at the tip just below the rubber) which is cosmetic only. Otherwise you'll be fine.

You could add a small washer on the bushing to lower it if you wanted, it won't hurt anything doing that.

#1683 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

rockwell If you are planing to stick with the stock factory flipper rubber you should be good to go. If you put other low bounce or thinner rubber on the flipper bats you might get some minor ball contact on the lower lip (at the tip just below the rubber) which is cosmetic only. Otherwise you'll be fine.
    You could add a small washer on the bushing to lower it if you wanted, it won't hurt anything doing that.

Thanks for the feedback. I do plan on keeping the stock thickness rubbers on there, so no worries. I may add a washer like you suggested. I figured since I am using the metal bushings that came with the flippers that the height should be as intended, but wanted to ask

#1684 1 year ago

Bond finally arrived - red on black halos looks and plays great. Mad props to @Pinhead1956 for getting them in the mail to me last minute before going on vacation! I may swap my red ones of Zilla with some black rubber to see what it looks like, but I think this probably looks best.

PXL_20221229_035926173 (resized).jpgPXL_20221229_035926173 (resized).jpgPXL_20221229_040237278 (resized).jpgPXL_20221229_040237278 (resized).jpg
    #1685 1 year ago
    88FF4834-529D-41B8-AC29-FC2DC62931F1 (resized).jpeg88FF4834-529D-41B8-AC29-FC2DC62931F1 (resized).jpegA41D4A67-3975-4DE4-8169-AE212E091512 (resized).jpegA41D4A67-3975-4DE4-8169-AE212E091512 (resized).jpeg
    #1686 1 year ago

Cool, I didn't realize Queen was shipping yet. What do you think so far?

#1687 1 year ago

Cool machine , good build quality , some minor issues but the support of pinball brothers and pedretti gaming is top . Awaiting for new code soon

#1688 1 year ago

Hey all, just checking in during my vacation to let everyone know that thanks to you it looks like my flipper system has made it into one of the candidates for the TWIPY Mod of the Year awards.

It goes without saying that all of you who have purchased this mod has helped to make it a success, and for that I'm greatful. So the next step is to cast your vote to seal the deal as they say, I'd really appreciate it.

I'm looking forward to the coming year and also have plans to attend the 2023 Texas Pinball Festival, it would be great to perhaps meet some of you in person there. As mentioned Purple and Green HALO's will be coming mid to late January, and I should also have everything else back in stock by then as well. It's been a busy year and I hope more in the Pinball community will come to embrace this product as you all have.

Again, thank you so much. Wishing all of you a Happy and safe New Year!
    John

TWIPY_Mod of the year (resized).jpegTWIPY_Mod of the year (resized).jpeg

#1689 1 year ago

I voted you. I have your flippers and bearing on all my machines. Your system is going places, hope you’re working on a patent.

#1690 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Hey all, just checking in during my vacation to let everyone know that thanks to you it looks like my flipper system has made it into one of the candidates for the TWIPY Mod of the Year awards.
    It goes without saying that all of you who have purchased this mod has helped to make it a success, and for that I'm greatful. So the next step is to cast your vote to seal the deal as they say, I'd really appreciate it.
    I'm looking forward to the coming year and also have plans to attend the 2023 Texas Pinball Festival, it would be great to perhaps meet some of you in person there. As mentioned Purple and Green HALO's will be coming mid to late January, and I should also have everything else back in stock by then as well. It's been a busy year and I hope more in the Pinball community will come to embrace this product as you all have.
    John
    [quoted image]

Those are all cool mods, but there's only one on the list that can improve more than a single game!

#1691 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

John
    [quoted image]

As expected. I don't see any competition honestly. Everything is a mod that applies to just one pinball machine title and yours covers all pinball machines.

If you don't win it's because your product is just not widely known enough yet, or it could be the mail-in ballots.

#1692 1 year ago
    Quoted from Vespula:

As expected. I don't see any competition honestly. Everything is a mod that applies to just one pinball machine title and yours covers all pinball machines.
    If you don't win it's because your product is just not widely known enough yet, or it could be the mail-in ballots.

or it could be the mail-in ballots...... Wait...Ha

#1693 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

John
    [quoted image]

Maybe you could road trip up to Golden State in May

#1694 1 year ago

how to vote on twippy awards? link?

#1695 1 year ago
    Quoted from monkfe:

how to vote on twippy awards? link?

Go to your search engine of choice. Type in twippy voting

#1696 1 year ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Go to your search engine of choice. Type in twippy voting

found it...not very straightforward...do you have to register? I see pre-voting...but says ballot closed?

#1697 1 year ago

I believe the Twippy awards allow you to vote for up to 3 mods. The mod recieving the most votes is the winner. I'm voting for ONLY the Precision Flip system and nothing else. This is far-and-away the most potent way to vote in this type of system. FYI.

#1698 1 year ago

Looking forward to the shop opening back up, and being able to order a kit for my incoming Rick and Morty.

#1699 1 year ago

Truly at this point they shouldn't be considered mods, they should be standard issue on all pins. What an F'n difference they really make.

#1700 1 year ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

Maybe you could road trip up to Golden State in May

Yes, please come to Golden State. I need to see these in person. Look great.

There are 2,967 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 60.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/review-precision-pinball-products-cnc-flipper-system/page/34 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.