Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,907 posts
  • 324 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 hours ago by Vespula
  • Topic is favorited by 191 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Jaws Disc 3 (resized).jpg
    Jaws Disc 1 (resized).jpg
    Jaws Bushing (resized).jpg
    Review_–_Precision_Pinball_Products_CNC_Flipper_System_All_modding!_Pinside.com_-_2024-03-28_05.09.46 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240326-160218 (resized).png
    Review_–_Precision_Pinball_Products_CNC_Flipper_System_All_modding!_Pinside.com_-_2024-03-27_07.44.00 (resized).jpg
    Prototype 2 (resized).jpg
    tron19 (resized).jpg
    Jaws Pro Gray solid (resized).jpg
    Jaws Pro White Solid (resized).jpg
    Jaws Pro Gray Halo (resized).jpg
    IMG_6241 (resized).png
    94AC63E2-621F-49F8-B44B-992AE12FB65E (resized).jpeg
    orbit7 (resized).jpg
    orbit6 (resized).jpg
    womens TPF Winner (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,907 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 59.
    #1551 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Good photos of R&M, thanks for posting them Var1AbL3.
    New keyed shaft and clamps are in production, I'm hoping to have them in stock and ready to start shipping end of next week. Keep watch on my pinside store as I will open up ordering options towards mid week.

Is this still on track? I am anxiously awaiting to buy......

#1552 1 year ago

Skatewake Yes, I plan to open up the order page to accept orders this Friday and start shipping first part of next week. Sorry this has taken longer than I had expected but needed to work through optimizing my tooling and production processes. I'm confident everyone will be pleased with the results.

#1553 1 year ago

Quick update for everyone. My new keyed shaft link arm clamp mod is now available and in stock for ordering, I will begin shipping tomorrow. For those who plan to purchase and install please post some photo's (after installation) in their respective game threads so others will be aware, I'd really appreciate it.

Again sorry this mod took me a little longer than I had anticipated to get released, but its defenitly worth it.

D Shaft Installed (resized).jpgD Shaft Installed (resized).jpgEOS Switch Brkt_Link Arm Blk Installed (resized).jpgEOS Switch Brkt_Link Arm Blk Installed (resized).jpgKeyed Shaft Clamp Combo (resized).jpgKeyed Shaft Clamp Combo (resized).jpg

#1554 1 year ago

John are you offering the keyed extended shafts for our upper playfields ie. GnR etc?

#1555 1 year ago

Enchantress I hadn't planned on doing that one but I could if there was a definite need for it. I'll put it out there for a vote, how many would like to see this option?

Thanks

#1556 1 year ago

One problem with keyed extended-shafts is the actual length of these varies all over the place, depending on the game. There's no standard. It would be a nightmare to stock shafts in these many different lengths. So far, I've installed extended length shafts in GnR and WOZ, and each was different in length, with the excess poking out the bottom of the flipper mech. Also, nearly all of these are for 2" flippers, and hence don't have the same high-torque that regular flippers see. Thus, the application-based need is quite a bit less for these as well.

I'd gently suggest that if someone needed a keyed shaft that it would be easier to just grind down an existing extended-length shaft at the correct length. It's not that hard with a bench grinder.

FYI.

#1557 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Quick update for everyone. My new keyed shaft link arm clamp mod is now available and in stock for ordering, I will begin shipping tomorrow. For those who plan to purchase and install please post some photo's (after installation) in their respective game threads so others will be aware, I'd really appreciate it.
    Again sorry this mod took me a little longer than I had anticipated to get released, but its defenitly worth it.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Do you plan on offering any full kits in the store that includes these?

Like 2/3 flipper sets that include the flippers, bushings, keyed shaft, and keyed clamp?

#1558 1 year ago

purbeast The answer to that is YES I was planning to do that. I should have those ordering options set-up in my store within a couple days. Thanks for asking

#1559 1 year ago
    Quoted from DiabloRush:

One problem with keyed extended-shafts is the actual length of these varies all over the place, depending on the game. There's no standard. It would be a nightmare to stock shafts in these many different lengths. So far, I've installed extended length shafts in GnR and WOZ, and each was different in length, with the excess poking out the bottom of the flipper mech.

Probably not necessary since they are mostly smaller flippers as you stated, but if 1956PINHEAD decided to make them could run the flat keyed side down the full length of the extension giving a wide range of lengths to clamp to. Leaving only the top rounded like the current design

#1560 1 year ago

PunkPin Yes that is perhaps an option that would make the shaft universal. If enough of you want them (a dozen or more) then I will go ahead and make them.

Thanks.

#1561 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

PunkPin Yes that is perhaps an option that would make the shaft universal. If enough of you want them (a dozen or more) then I will go ahead and make them.
    Thanks.

I’d be in for 2 extended keyed shafts.

#1562 1 year ago

I have 3 Red original flippers I’m looking to sell if anyone’s interested. They have not been used since I swapped them out for halos while the game was being serviced, but there is a slight scratch on one flipper. This would be just the flippers themselves and no other components, so would be a good deal for someone who just wants some color options. Feel free to reach out if you’re interested! Thinking $40 for all three would be a fair deal.

260E1C3D-9CAC-4B8B-8A4E-B97BA10B5444 (resized).jpeg260E1C3D-9CAC-4B8B-8A4E-B97BA10B5444 (resized).jpeg6BE63897-0348-4567-BC89-AC1E0CBDC507 (resized).jpeg6BE63897-0348-4567-BC89-AC1E0CBDC507 (resized).jpegDDE56748-128A-4A9E-8B46-EAF6FF84BF23 (resized).jpegDDE56748-128A-4A9E-8B46-EAF6FF84BF23 (resized).jpegE7408766-536A-4ADA-A239-BB0E3BEB8934 (resized).jpegE7408766-536A-4ADA-A239-BB0E3BEB8934 (resized).jpeg

#1563 1 year ago

TWD black halos with clear rubber. One by one, each game is getting upgraded.

5B9F2CB8-56FA-4881-BA20-83CDBE18049E (resized).jpeg5B9F2CB8-56FA-4881-BA20-83CDBE18049E (resized).jpeg
    #1564 1 year ago

Lopa All I can say is Wow! What a great install choice for that game

#1565 1 year ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

I wanted to weigh in with installation notes on a Pinball Brothers Alien. I ordered a set to complete all 4 flippers including bushings.
    My early alien, January 2021, has always had problems with the flippers returning to the proper position. This is 100% due to the factory flipper bushings that are not smooth on top. This is a well documented issue. I wanted to try the precision pinball flippers and I needed to replace the bushings anyway.
    I ran into an issue almost immediately. Removing the flipper mech was easy. Loosen and remove the bat, disconnect the connector, remove the wood screws and pull the mech.
    I had a problem here though: the mech was very difficult to pull back though as the bushings hole was very tight. Having removed the mech it was clear the precision bushings were going to be too large for this hole.
    I measured the bushings with a cheap set of digital calipers and the difference was .5 mm. For almost every bushing hole I've worked with this normally wouldn't be a problem.
    I reached out to 1956PINHEAD for advice. He had seen this a couple times on various machines and his advice was to take a 1/4" dowel, wrap it in 220 grit sandpaper and slightly enlarge the hole.
    After doing so I was able to install the bushings and the flippers. [quoted image]
    I've only done the bottom 2 at this point as the uppers require removing the ramps.
    I've played a couple games and I am getting great results. My orbit shots are much more repeatable. I can backhand the left ramp with authority. In my case I may need to turn down flipper power.
    Finally I think the look of these flippers is just perfect for this game. [quoted image]
    A note about my consideration of these flippers. I see this kind of like using an alternate mouse like a trackball or trackpad. It may make other machines feel weird if it's your only machine and it gets the majority of play. In my opinion it's not different form switching between eras of machines and expecting to need a minute to get used to the flipper feel. Jumping from an early bally to a late stern is no different to me. I do play in a pinball league and local tournaments so I think the variation will help with adjusting to new machines on the fly
    If you like to mod your machines I think this is a fun and great looking option.

Finally got around to installing the upper flippers and have a couple of tips.
    The upper right flipper was an easy swap as the wireform is held on with 4 screws and comes off easily giving plenty of room to work. I did save some time enlarging the bushing hole by using a dremel drum attachment. I kept the speed low as I didn't want to remove too much wood.

The upper left flipper had 2 issues. The playfield rail on the underside passes over this flipper. 2022-12-12 11.11.09 (resized).jpg2022-12-12 11.11.09 (resized).jpgGetting the mech off was doable but there wasn't enough room for the dremel. I loosened the top nut with the rubber foot and swung the rail to the side. Upon placing the mech I didn't have enough room to put in the shaft due to the ramp going over it. I got around this by putting the shaft in the hole without the mech in place 2022-12-12 11.15.19 (resized).jpg2022-12-12 11.15.19 (resized).jpg2022-12-12 11.16.00 (resized).jpg2022-12-12 11.16.00 (resized).jpg and then sliding the bushing on the shaft from underneath. 2022-12-12 11.18.37 (resized).jpg2022-12-12 11.18.37 (resized).jpg 2022-12-12 11.25.28 (resized).jpg2022-12-12 11.25.28 (resized).jpgThis worked great and the bat had enough clearance without having to remove the left ramp. You can see the allen wrench is flush with the side of the ramp

#1566 1 year ago

Just received my green bats and bushings. I will be swapping them out this weekend. Thank you. I will post pics when complete.

#1567 1 year ago

Want to do my Alien, but i must have fucked my order up as i'm one shaft short.

C'mon John, we need an aussie agent for these little orders.

#1568 1 year ago

punkin I hear ya, not easy getting this set-up. But I'll keep working on it most likely after the new year. Sorry mate.

#1569 1 year ago

All good John. Just nagging.

I know you are busy, but i know you respond to the squeaky wheel. Must be an engineer thing.

#1570 1 year ago

Installed a few sets today. Easy install, very happy with how they play. Stranger things tomorrow.

6C1FE73B-8AC7-4BDD-A487-A0A748705798 (resized).jpeg6C1FE73B-8AC7-4BDD-A487-A0A748705798 (resized).jpeg8A08F338-88E4-4BED-ACCB-CFD519799263 (resized).jpeg8A08F338-88E4-4BED-ACCB-CFD519799263 (resized).jpegB1DD126F-3093-49FC-8257-72D1E0C4F635 (resized).jpegB1DD126F-3093-49FC-8257-72D1E0C4F635 (resized).jpeg
    #1572 1 year ago

Here are a few more machines with these sweet flippers.
    I will add the slippers to the WOZ so I went for the solid bats on that one.
    I need to get a Gold, Blue and Green bat to play around with to see which looks best on the TS4, or maybe yellow flipper rubber would be the better option here.
    Wizard of Oz Toy Story 4 (CE)

IMG_4763 (resized).JPGIMG_4763 (resized).JPGIMG_4766 (resized).JPGIMG_4766 (resized).JPG
    #1573 1 year ago

Anyone with the flippers installed on GNR or other jjp machine. Are the clamps required as well. I know some manufacturers require them more than others. I realise they are an upgrade for every machine but the $AU conversion and postage kills me so if i don't need to spend the Extra $$$$ atm id rather not. Cheers

#1574 1 year ago
    Quoted from Shmilder:

Anyone with the flippers installed on GNR or other jjp machine. Are the clamps required as well. I know some manufacturers require them more than others. I realise they are an upgrade for every machine but the $AU conversion and postage kills me so if i don't need to spend the Extra $$$$ atm id rather not. Cheers

Clamps are not required. The standard posts that come with these flippers are just like the posts installed in your machine at the factory, same size and shape and work perfect with existing clamps.

The benefit of the new clamp is you don't need to super-tighten them to keep the bats from moving. The new clamps work with keyed posts and once installed the posts can't rotate. So if you do end up with bats that don't stay put, it is because the bats need to be tightened more, not the clamps.

Also for JJP machines, if you are upgrading the bushings, the entire solenoid assembly needs to be removed in order to remove the old and install the new bushings.

Do yourself a favor and loosen the bushing lock nuts on the underside of the solenoid assembly before unscrewing the bushings. If you unscrew the bolts before loosening the lock nuts, you risk a breaking bolt. I know because it happened to me.

#1575 1 year ago

Question, Which 3 flipper Halo kit works for the Twilight Zone? For the Stern Godzilla?

Thanks,

#1576 1 year ago

Are you asking about colours or hardware?

#1577 1 year ago

Anyone have the metal/silver halo's installed on Godzilla? I'm curious how it looks. Seems like it could go good with the mecha theme.

#1578 1 year ago
    Quoted from purbeast:

Anyone have the metal/silver halo's installed on Godzilla? I'm curious how it looks. Seems like it could go good with the mecha theme.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/review-precision-pinball-products-cnc-flipper-system/page/27#post-7232269

#1579 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinPickle:

Installed a few sets today. Easy install, very happy with how they play. Stranger things tomorrow.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Gotg looks great!

#1580 1 year ago

purbeast love the gold on mine if you are looking for additional options

Quoted from purbeast:

342EF8D0-5E40-481F-BF79-BB99314FAF0B (resized).jpeg342EF8D0-5E40-481F-BF79-BB99314FAF0B (resized).jpegCC345E45-7380-4CFF-B1CA-DB97B5780F70 (resized).jpegCC345E45-7380-4CFF-B1CA-DB97B5780F70 (resized).jpeg
    #1581 1 year ago

broada OSUBuckeye98 thanks for the pics.

I have light blue rubbers and am thinking that the silver would probably look the best with it if I go with these flippers. I think it would contrast the best with silver. However the gold does look good too and the blue looks good with stock yellow flippers, which are kinda close to the gold color in a way.

#1582 1 year ago

I have light blue rubber on my GZ with green flippers. Looks fantastic in person.
    A26218A2-CED4-4EB9-B71B-292CF84BE856 (resized).jpegA26218A2-CED4-4EB9-B71B-292CF84BE856 (resized).jpeg

#1583 1 year ago
    Quoted from DiabloRush:

I have light blue rubber on my GZ with green flippers. Looks fantastic in person.
    [quoted image]

That light blue and green is really sharp, wouldn't have guessed that! I'm a big fan of my red w/ GITD, but partial because I put some UV in the trough and it makes the GITD and fluorescent plastic protectors POP in person.

PXL_20221014_020753954 (resized).jpgPXL_20221014_020753954 (resized).jpg
    #1584 1 year ago
    Quoted from purbeast:

3D6C6F78-F9B6-43FC-B69D-1305D0E0ABDE (resized).jpeg3D6C6F78-F9B6-43FC-B69D-1305D0E0ABDE (resized).jpeg
    #1585 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ollulanus:

I'm a big fan of my red w/ GITD, but partial because I put some UV in the trough and it makes the GITD and fluorescent plastic protectors POP in person.
    [quoted image]

Love that. Really looks good even in photos. I could see that combo go on my GNR. Where did you get the UV mod?

#1586 1 year ago

You guys are great posting all of your game photos with all these different color combinations. Makes me want to try these colors combo's on my machines.

Hope your posting these photos in the individual game threads as well. I haven't had much time of late to visit some of those forum threads, so that would be very much appreciated.

I'm also offically announcing tonight that PURPLE is being added to the line up of color choices for 2023. They'll be offered in both the solid top and HALO versions.

#1587 1 year ago
    Quoted from Vespula:

Love that. Really looks good even in photos. I could see that combo go on my GNR. Where did you get the UV mod?

Improvised - spliced off the coin door so it's always on, with a comet matrix disconnect, wired in a couple uv flashers at the trough light holes and a small strip in the trough.

#1588 1 year ago
    Quoted from DiabloRush:

[quoted image]

Damn that does look great!

Wonder what green halos would look like with light blue.

#1589 1 year ago
    Quoted from purbeast:

Damn that does look great!
    Wonder what green halos would look like with light blue.

Join us in pestering John to get Halos in Green (as well as the new Purple, yeah!). John? You gonna run green and purple for your next Halo batch?

#1591 1 year ago

Yeah after seeing the green in GZ with light blue rubbers, that is the direction I'd definitely go personally but I like the halos over the solid ones.

#1592 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

DiabloRush I'll give the green some consideration

And purple right? Lol

#1593 1 year ago

I was skeptical about these… but I pulled the trigger on one 3 flipper halo set (bats, shafts, and bushings) for my JP pro during the Black Friday sale. I said “I’ll just buy only one set, these can’t be that much of a game changer”.

Well, after hitting TWO smart missile shots in a row (hardest shot in the game) I said “No way, what are the odds!”.

The accuracy with these is off the charts… I will be buying 4 more sets during the next sale.

Mod of the decade, or maybe the century, for pinball.

I also need to commission John to make me a set of Precision golf clubs next.
    F7B3BB01-9717-466A-BC6E-47F52F94148F (resized).jpegF7B3BB01-9717-466A-BC6E-47F52F94148F (resized).jpegE6ED03C8-A9F1-47BD-9DB6-887059A5A6DB (resized).jpegE6ED03C8-A9F1-47BD-9DB6-887059A5A6DB (resized).jpegB69D321C-20BB-4C6B-A76C-CF48CFA04922 (resized).jpegB69D321C-20BB-4C6B-A76C-CF48CFA04922 (resized).jpeg

#1594 1 year ago

Pinzzz I'm glad you are happy with your purchase. You have now joined a growing community of pinball enthusiasts who have unlocked their games potential to 'Respond' to the players inputs as it should. Players now get to experience how a pinball machine should play when it leaves the factory. Aren't you glad you got rid of all that wonky plastic!

As a golfer myself I wish I could come up with a set of clubs that would improve my game, but my body doesn't move like it used to so not sure it would help me

Thanks for the Kudos on my product, and if you feel so inclined please vote for my product for Mod of the Year for TWIPY awards

#1595 1 year ago
    Quoted from dr_nybble:

Sort of like improved golf technology making some courses too easy.

Oversized drivers (alloy drivers) obsoleted persimmon and small head drivers.

#1596 1 year ago

had these in for 3 weeks on location. everyone here seems to like them. Had to tone down my flipper strength bc it was ultra aggressive. only complaint I have is the tips of the flippers are chipping.

20221214_114003 (resized).jpg20221214_114003 (resized).jpg20221214_114038 (resized).jpg20221214_114038 (resized).jpg20221214_114048 (resized).jpg20221214_114048 (resized).jpg
    #1597 1 year ago

GoldenOreos Thanks for posting this info, good stuff. Also, I've modified my machining program to eliminate that small area of extra material below the rubber at the tip and will be phasing this into produciton going forward. That will allow for the use of alternate flipper rubbers to avoid the ball marking on that lower tip.

#1598 1 year ago

Ok what am I doing wrong?

20CA2FD8-203D-4718-A036-4944A800CFB0 (resized).jpeg20CA2FD8-203D-4718-A036-4944A800CFB0 (resized).jpeg
    #1599 1 year ago

It’s the bat that’s moving not shaft. I used a cheater wrench on the bat screw and it won’t get tight enough.

#1600 1 year ago

And I don’t need the puller to remove the bat

There are 2,907 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 59.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/review-precision-pinball-products-cnc-flipper-system/page/32?hl=pinpickle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.