Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,955 posts
  • 326 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 hours ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 188 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2062 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3125 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3126 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3127 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3129 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3128 (resized).jpeg
    70200477285__4506A207-1186-4D98-9B84-C6E9DFB6AD0C (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1648 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1651 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6936 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6938 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6932 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2794 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2795 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2793 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2792 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,955 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 60.
    #1351 1 year ago
    Quoted from Vespula:

Nice. Glad to see this combo. It's what I plan to put on my GNR.

You still got that thing?

#1352 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

You still got that thing?

Lol. I bolted it to the floor. Plus I'd be pinless without it!
    Miss you.

#1353 1 year ago
    Quoted from Vespula:

Lol. I bolted it to the floor. Plus I'd be pinless without it!
    Miss you.

Thre'es a stack for sale here. It's love it or don't thing i guess. They are selling for 3 grand under retail with 100 games on em.

Hey John there's a Rob Zombie posted in the owners thread with Halo's on it this morning if you want to add it to a list. Looks really nice and i'll do mine in the next order.

Posted by Lopa

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#1354 1 year ago

Had anyone installed Halos on the Big Lebowski? Wondering how they look, and impact on gameplay (it is a pretty forgiving shooter)

#1355 1 year ago

1956PINHEAD - so, I was thinking, what’s next….. billet flipper buttons??

#1356 1 year ago

I hope to get a set of these for Xmas for my GZ. I can’t wait any longer

Any idea if these will work on PB Alien?

#1357 1 year ago

Lounge You know I've been thinking about a whole bunch of stuff like that, and anodize them as well. All good ideas for future products, I like it!

#1358 1 year ago

Mattyk Yes I've had several who have purchased and installed into Alien, they use the JJP/BW type bushings.

#1359 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Lounge You know I've been thinking about a whole bunch of stuff like that, and anodize them as well. All good ideas for future products, I like it!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

What if you turned that calculating mind onto the design of a Stern apron? Or the backboard?

#1360 1 year ago

Well…I’ve found a negative on Johns great flippers…. He has made it TOO EASY to play around with flipper angles!!

Ive had my glass off so many times tweaking these babys I may as well just leave it off permanently…ha!

On that note… does anyone else subscribe to my theory that once you dial things in and reinstall the glass something weird happens and shit changes? I am talking like gremlins or fairies or some supernatural forces NOT the product.

That upper flipper on Jurassic Park is either dialed in for the loop OR tower but NEVER both. It certainly can not be my below average shooting skills!!

Seriously tho… these are fantastic. If you are on the fence, just hop off and pick up a set.

#1361 1 year ago

Yeah that’s my RZ, I have a set on GZ as well, absolutely love them. Flippers feel great and they really have a more premium look over standard flippers.

So many parts in a pinball machine could be re-engineered to increase longevity and reduce inconsistencies. I would love to see the home brew capabilities with custom engineered and machined parts.

#1362 1 year ago

My TBL plays too weakly. Pitch, power, ... everything okay.
    Could PP flippers be an option?

#1363 1 year ago

pre-voting is open for Twipys with a Best Mod write in section. Halos ftw!

https://twipys.com/twipy-2022-pre-voting/

#1364 1 year ago
    Quoted from Zambonilli:

Came here to post this as well. Just casted my pre ballot vote. I put "precision pinball products cnc flippers". Maybe we should all decide on exactly what to put so one product doesn't get lost in a sea of votes with different names?

#1365 1 year ago

I installed them on my GZ last week and these are fantastic. Better than expected.

#1366 1 year ago

I voted as precision pinball flippers, hope that's clear enough for the twippy people

#1367 1 year ago

To those who have already cast their vote, and for those who will, I want to thank you for voting for my mod, I really appreciate that. I admit it woud be great to win that award with all your help.

Maybe for consistency use: 'Precision Pinball Products Flipper System'

Thank you,
    John

#1368 1 year ago

Done.

#1369 1 year ago

Voted. Good luck, John!

#1370 1 year ago

Voted as well. Awesome product and even a better dude!

#1371 1 year ago

It's taken me a little bit, but I think I'm really starting to get dialed in with the Precision Flips!

Bigger games coming soon I think!

#1372 1 year ago

awesome1 Wow, now that's what I call 'Nailing' your shots in succession. That's the benefit of this flipper system, once you've adjusted to them with all that factory wonky plastic gone the flipper response is always consistently the same, and it will stay that way over time. The only remaining component that wears is the flipper rubber, can't do much about that one though.

#1373 1 year ago
    Quoted from awesome1:

It's taken me a little bit, but I think I'm really starting to get dialed in with the Precision Flips!

ridiculous

#1374 1 year ago
    Quoted from matt68061:

Well…I’ve found a negative on Johns great flippers…. He has made it TOO EASY to play around with flipper angles!!
    Ive had my glass off so many times tweaking these babys I may as well just leave it off permanently…ha!
    On that note… does anyone else subscribe to my theory that once you dial things in and reinstall the glass something weird happens and shit changes? I am talking like gremlins or fairies or some supernatural forces NOT the product.
    That upper flipper on Jurassic Park is either dialed in for the loop OR tower but NEVER both. It certainly can not be my below average shooting skills!!
    Seriously tho… these are fantastic. If you are on the fence, just hop off and pick up a set.

So, the either/or shot dial you note - that I've kinda seen that with my R&M, and I wonder if it may actually be an unintended drawback of increased consistency/benefit of plastic inconsistency. In my case, I use to be able to backhand the R ramp, flublecrank post, and Danesi loop pretty easily with minor adjustments. Little inconsistent, but those shots are pretty safe to fail and try again, so it wasn't an issue. Now I find wherever I set my angle 1-2 shots are even more consistent, and 1-2 others are damn near impossible.

My guess is that extra play sometimes lets you make slop work in your favor, and a really tight shot on a really consistent flipper actually can become harder.

#1375 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ollulanus:

So, the either/or shot dial you note - that I've kinda seen that with my R&M, and I wonder if it may actually be an unintended drawback of increased consistency/benefit of plastic inconsistency. In my case, I use to be able to backhand the R ramp, flublecrank post, and Danesi loop pretty easily with minor adjustments. Little inconsistent, but those shots are pretty safe to fail and try again, so it wasn't an issue. Now I find wherever I set my angle 1-2 shots are even more consistent, and 1-2 others are damn near impossible.
    My guess is that extra play sometimes lets you make slop work in your favor, and a really tight shot on a really consistent flipper actually can become harder.

Put another way - I think there's occasionally a tight shot setup where these flippers just require me to SUCK LESS if I want to make it, and accentuate said suck until I do

#1376 1 year ago
    Quoted from awesome1:

3 missed shots. Fail.

#1377 1 year ago

My modded Rush Pro with Precision Flipper kit installed is for sale or trade.

Machine - For Trade
    HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “For sale or trade, easy pickup at my house. Harpers Ferry, WV 25425 Excellent condition Rush Pro, HUO. Precision Flipper kit installed (bushings too, full kit with blue flippers)...”
    2022-11-17
    Harpers Ferry, WV
    Trade
    Archived after: 42 days
    Viewed: 507 times

#1378 1 year ago

Man you really do like to live dangerous.

Robin told you he won't put up with you fucking with the avatar.....

I actually thought it was ForceFlow for a second.

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG

#1379 1 year ago
    Quoted from Zambonilli:

done

#1380 1 year ago

I have installed 4 of these on my Alien and really dig them. Dialing in this pin for me was a bear, i was having timing issues on stock pin angle and the constant lifting of the playfield for adjustments was a bit much. This "adjust from the top" feature was the solution i needed to get my flip angles right for my gameplay. Made adjustments super easy. Really i dont know why the big manufacturers dont lisence this from you and make it standard on all pins.. no brainer. Royalties in perpetuity!! Love them...

ALIEN (resized).jpgALIEN (resized).jpg
    #1381 1 year ago

Put my vote in. While you're doing yours, add some info to the database to help others get them setup right. Images are working there now too if you have a pic handy.

Http://whiskysimple.com/preflips

Also - the resigned tips seem golden on my Rick and Morty so far. Looks to be problem solved.

#1382 1 year ago

I also put my TWIPY vote in.

#1383 1 year ago

I'd love to know how soon I'll be able to order a kit including the new clamps that are under development! I'm not in a hurry since it's only been 1,000 plays or so since I rebuilt the flippers on my Whirlwind, but I definitely don't want to do that process again... clamps that can't slip on the posts plus adjusting the flipper angle from above the playfield sounds like heaven in comparison! If the halos play as nicely as the majority consensus seems to suggest they do, that will be a welcome bonus

#1384 1 year ago

trecemaneras I hope to have the new link arm clamps available mid December. I'm still testing as I continue to refine my machining processes. I'll continue to keep everyone posted over the next couple of weeks.

Thanks!

#1385 1 year ago
    IMG_1164 (resized).jpegIMG_1164 (resized).jpeg
    #1386 1 year ago

Awesome. GNR with Pinstadiums and precision flips... The only way to fly! You're livin large.

#1387 1 year ago

Update for everyone who requested the Mini Flipper bats in colored versions, they are now all in stock in both solid topped and HALO versions.

Update on the new Link Arm Clamp;
    I finished dailing in my manufacturing processes and machined the final prototypes yesterday. I'm installing into my Godzilla for play testing this weekend. I'll most likely start production on them next week.

I've also procured the EOS switch brackets for those who are looking to switch over and upgrade to this new style clamp. That means if you order this mod for games that use the B/Williams type clamps it will come with the EOS switch bracket so you won't have to purchase them on your own. I've attached a photo (courtesy DiabloRush) showing the factory stock clamp and the new style clamp with the EOS Brkt.

20221118_154523_resized (resized).jpg20221118_154523_resized (resized).jpg20221118_154631_resized (resized).jpg20221118_154631_resized (resized).jpgStock clamp Vs new clamp W EOS Brkt (resized).jpgStock clamp Vs new clamp W EOS Brkt (resized).jpg
    #1388 1 year ago

At the risk of being labelled a "hater", I'm going to ask why you didn't do the new taper on the mini-flippers like you did on the regular size ones?

Aren't you likely to have the same "scuffing" issue with these?

#1389 1 year ago

mbeardsley Not likley because they don't see the same type of ball interaction/reaction as their larger counterparts.

Thanks for commenting.

#1390 1 year ago
    Quoted from Vespula:

Awesome. GNR with Pinstadiums and precision flips... The only way to fly! You're livin large.

Pinstadiums eh?

#1391 1 year ago

Just for clarity, what assembly types should we expect this clamp design to replace? Modern stern, bally Williams, others? Spooky I presume since they use BW? What about those oddball classic stern ones?

#1392 1 year ago

Ollulanus The new style clamps will work on all modern Stern games and all others that use the Bally Williams style clamps. Not sure about those oddball classics, but I'd be happy to send out a set to anyone who has one of those games for them to install to determine if they will in fact work in those games.

#1393 1 year ago

I’m probably in the minority here but I’d love to see a less costly flipper bat without the adjustable shaft. And while the machined bushings are a nice upgrade they are not necessary.

If one could get into these at a lower price range I suspect they would toss them in more games. The current pricing is over $50 a flipper. I’d imagine a bat with a press fit shaft would be significantly cheaper…

For the record my experience with these is full set non halos in a Star Trek pro ending up being way too powerful. Blinding ball speed and way too many air balls. Ended up putting just the bats in my Judge Dredd and they gave new life to the game. Left the bushings in ST with stock bats and really the only difference noticed is cleaner flipper play. Like live catch, cradle, backhand stuff. This makes sense because I had a shattered bushing in another game and while it flipped well the slop made cradles and ball passes indicate something was clearly wrong.

Bottom line love the product and it’s priced fairly for what it is. A true asset to the community! I just think some real economy options would go a long way…

#1394 1 year ago

LORDDREK I appreciate your comments and feedback, some good points to ponder

#1395 1 year ago

I’d also be in with just a flipper bat at a much lower cost. While I appreciate your efforts I’d be in more for looks than anything else. I’d love to put a set of these in my Congo but I fear with the already crazy amount of air balls it would be even worse with this setup. I believe if you produced a straight up flipper with shaft attached at a much lower cost you’d open up a whole new path for your business. Lots of untapped potential with the lower end pin guys.

#1396 1 year ago

Squeakman Thanks for your comments and thoughts too, I'm glad to have the community voice their opinions as it will help to continue shaping this product line as time goes on.

On another note, those who do have the older games (or even new games) can always opt for just the basic set-up of flipper's with the shafts, and just use the existing factory plastic bushings. That will reduce the power/energy in the flipper, but that will also negate the benefits of the increased shot repeatability/accuracy that the replacement bushings add to the system. The games should play closer to the factory set-up but retain the benefits of the independent flipper and shaft which allows for ease of interchangability/adjustability of the flipper bats from above the playfield, one of the primary factors in my bringing this system to the market. The basic two flipper kit (without bushings) brings the set price in @ $70.00 ($30.00 per flipper/shaft).

Thanks, John

#1397 1 year ago

This is a premium product and it should stay that way. There are plenty of lower cost flippers on the market. IMO the pinball hobby has been in need of quality machines products for as long as it’s been around.

#1398 1 year ago
    Quoted from Lopa:

This is a premium product and it should stay that way. There are plenty of lower cost flippers on the market. IMO the pinball hobby has been in need of quality machines products for as long as it’s been around.

A standard or halo bat on a press fit shaft would still be a premium product. The adjustable shaft is a convenience not some revolutionary game changing design.

The last option nose dived due to poor production. Money was refunded and they disappeared into the sunset.

Quality and affordability can share the same boat. There is enough seating for all…

#1399 1 year ago
    Quoted from LORDDREK:

A standard or halo bat on a press fit shaft would still be a premium product. The adjustable shaft is a convenience not some revolutionary game changing design.
    The last option nose dived due to poor production. Money was refunded and they disappeared into the sunset.
    Quality and affordability can share the same boat. There is enough seating for all…

One thing owning boats or airplanes will teach you.

Everything is a compromise in this world.

I'll compromise $20 before I'll compromise quality.

#1400 1 year ago

I get it.

“In a world of compromise some don’t.”

I was a fanboi once too…

There are 2,955 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 60.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/review-precision-pinball-products-cnc-flipper-system/page/28 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.