Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,967 posts
  • 326 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by mIkea
  • Topic is favorited by 188 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2062 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3125 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3126 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3127 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3129 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3128 (resized).jpeg
    70200477285__4506A207-1186-4D98-9B84-C6E9DFB6AD0C (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1648 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1651 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6936 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6938 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6932 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2794 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2795 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2793 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2792 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,967 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 60.
    #951 1 year ago

Tron got a makeover yesterday. New ramps just released from from Jody at Ramp O Matic, Cliffy's installed on them and the scoop renewed, and of course precision flippers that finally got here two weeks ago.

Haven't had a chance to play many games yet, but they look wonderful and sound pretty cool.

tron16 (resized).jpgtron16 (resized).jpg

tron17 (resized).jpgtron17 (resized).jpg

#952 1 year ago

Anyone have any feedback on the increased power when installing these on older games that don't have flipper coil adjustments?

Considering installing a set on my shadow but concerned they might be too strong with the left ramp and targets so close to the flippers, or ball bouncing out of eject holes?

#953 1 year ago

I need to cut more off the Rush springs. Still have some flipper bounce that doesn't feel good. Played Led Zep on location last night and it made me miss the regular flippers because I still need to tweak or change those springs.

Decided not to install a set on Aerosmith because I really like the flipper decals I have installed that match the playfield art.

#954 1 year ago
    Quoted from PunkPin:

Anyone have any feedback on the increased power when installing these on older games that don't have flipper coil adjustments?
    Considering installing a set on my shadow but concerned they might be too strong with the left ramp and targets so close to the flippers, or ball bouncing out of eject holes?

Seem ok on Tron at first couple of plays.

#955 1 year ago

Another data point to add to the heap.

My friend's girlfriend is a very casual pinball player, only plays when me and him are playing golden tee. For the last year she's been playing a few hours every friday at my house, only broke 200M on Iron Maiden pro once in that time and she typically scores pretty low. A good game for her is usually 75-100M.

I told her about the flippers and expected her to say it felt no different but immediately she said she liked them better because of the added power. She then went on to score over 200M multiple times in the night and broke 100M several times as well. I could tell by her scores they were working because it was completely out of the norm for her to consistently get so many high scores in one night.

#956 1 year ago

When i do that i'm labelled a drug cheat

#957 1 year ago

Further tweak for JJP GnR owners with the precision flippers.

So with the addition of the Precision flippers I've done some further tweaking to which I really think makes the game play incredible now. Even better than my initial experience review

One trade off with GnR is that your constantly fighting with either Better Orbits while sacrificing the backhand to the left ramp or making the backhand easy but sacrificing flow and the shooting mechanics especially the orbits and right ramp difficulty. I think it's better to have a better shooting game than the ability to spam the patch mechanic. But now I think I've tweaked it to where you can have both smooth orbits and a makeable (not guaranteed) left flipper left ramp backhand.

From the factory, the game is coming slightly raised / just above / or even with the inlane flipper ball guides. Using the new flippers and simply eyeballing, I set each one to just a hair below the guide so that they appear a little flopped. Not terribly lowered but enough to really open up the orbits and make GnR a flow monster...I thought my Deadpool Premium had large orbit flow, this rivals and beats it now in both directions. To make up for the lower flipper on the left, I actually increased the flipper power on the left to 25-26 up +3 to +4 (your's may vary depending on playfield angle - recommend glass off testing) from default of 22. This setting doesn't allow you to spam the left ramp with backhands, which IMHO, breaks the game a little, but makes it a 50-60% makeable shot with greasy lightning orbits. The right flipper power was lowered to 24, down -1 from it's stock 25 setting. This setting, combined with the right lowered flipper angle makes the left ramp less of a risk from the right flipper and actually makes it easier than backhanding and MUCH smoother, say goodbye to the left ramp rattle entry, once you find the shot, you can hit it smoothly all night long either from a cradle or on the fly..I can't tell you how many times I've been able to get a loaded guitar neck during songs for Power chord locks....The benefit for all these corrections is a much smoother, flowy game that shoots amazing. The balls clear out and don't crowd the lower playfield. You can still make the backhand, but it's more satisfying to hit the left ramp from the right flipper with this new setup.

I included a photo to show my position

Enjoy

20221003_012710 (resized).jpg20221003_012710 (resized).jpg

Added 18 months ago:

Okay, sorry for the retread...After doing all the above, I found that it became VERY hard, really impossible to hit the "Under the flipper" shot. I forgot to test that one specifically when setting everything up initially. I tried everything, resetting to defaults on power, raising the playfield angle, realigning the flippers, trying low bounce Titan rubber...no matter what, I was always giving up one shot somewhere. So back to the drawing board...Since the bushings are really the heart of the system IMHO and the flippers are more cosmetic, I switched off to the original plastic bats. The Precision ones, are just a little finicky on the shape and ball hop with JJP (my Star Wars doesn't have any issue, just lowered power settings), so I thought maybe to meet in the middle.

So now I anm using the following setup:

Playfield (bubble touching second line)
    Precision bushings
    JJP factory flippers
    Titan Competition Flipper rubber
    System settings Power: Left , Right , Upper Right

I played with the glass off every shot and especially focusing on tweaking the orbits, the backhand up the left ramp, the under the flipper from left flipper, under the flipper from right with 2 balls cradled, post passing, the right flipper shot to the left ramp, and the upper loop orbit off the upper right flipper

Findings:

No flipper hop at all with plastic flippers and metal Precision bushings
    Consistant shots to all focus areas listed above
    Playable without the feeling of being too easy...feels factory but with no fade and better precision from the Pinmonk fans and the Precision bushings

Overall I thing I have put GnR through the ringer in testings and maybe it's just my machine, but I couldn't get EVERY shot successfully dialed in with both the flipper and the bushing combo. Like I said, this issue, including the flipper hop doesn't exist at al for me on my Stern setup on Star Wars. Maybe it's just a JJP thing. The flipper bat on the precision is a little more pointed than the JJP one and GnR is VERY VERY tempermental when it comes to dialing in everything. Which I think falls on Eric Mineur's shoulders. It's a good game, but at the end of the day, this is no Elwin shooter, and the shots can only be as good as designed.

Sorry for the rehash and somewhat of a retreat for the full system recommendation on GnR, but I wanted to be honest with the community about my further experience.

Added 18 months ago:

Settings power (using Pinmonk fans as well)

These may vary slightly on your machine, individual testing is recommended

L 22
    R 18-19
    UR 10-11

#958 1 year ago

Anyone do dredd or whitewater? Post pics!

#959 1 year ago

Slo-mo video showing the flipper bounce on Led Zeppelin. Have Rush fixed now by basically cutting the stock springs in half. Going to use two smaller, red springs that I have for Led Zep.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/bzs2vm5M6yC1pbxn8

#960 1 year ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Slo-mo video showing the flipper bounce on Led Zeppelin. Have Rush fixed now by basically cutting the stock springs in half. Going to use two smaller, red springs that I have for Led Zep.

OMG that bounce is horrible. Is anyone else having this problem? I’m looking at doing DP or GZ

#961 1 year ago

Mattyk This seems to be a very isolated case dependent on the flipper mech mounting position. So far I have not seen any reports of this being reported on DP or GZ.

#962 1 year ago

Tron doesn't have any bounce that i've noticed.

#963 1 year ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Was there any bounce with the stock flippers and bushing?

#964 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Mattyk This seems to be a very isolated case dependent on the flipper mech mounting position. So far I have not seen any reports of this being reported on DP or GZ.

Good to know thanks!

#965 1 year ago

No bounce on rush or gz either

#966 1 year ago
    Quoted from abjr:

Was there any bounce with the stock flippers and bushing?

No and I played a Led Zep Pro on location Saturday night, no bounce. My Rush Pro also had a bit of bounce that was resolved with enough shortening of the stock return springs of all three flippers.

#967 1 year ago

@iceman44, be a bit more subtle when on a down-vote crusade against someone. Downvoting a video with evidence of an issue is a clear red flag of abuse of the downvote button. Think a little more and just pile a downvote on top of other downvotes if you want to do that. Don't make it obvious what you're doing.

#968 1 year ago

My solution to the factory flipper shaft link arm clamps. No more having to torque the snott out of those clamping screws. When available these will make it super simple to install the flipper shafts and eliminate the possibility of the shafts turning in the clamp. These will only work with my system since flipper position is set above the playfield. Testing is underway now, hope to have them available as an option in the near future. They will be sold with the flipper shafts of course.

20221003_163806_resized (resized).jpg20221003_163806_resized (resized).jpg
    #969 1 year ago

I like it a lot.

Glad I'm in the front of all this, sorry I'm on the wrong side of the world.

Developing so quick.

#970 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

My solution to the factory flipper shaft link arm clamps. No more having to torque the snott out of those clamping screws. When available these will make it super simple to install the flipper shafts and eliminate the possibility of the shafts turning in the clamp. These will only work with my system since flipper position is set above the playfield. Testing is underway now, hope to have them available as an option in the near future. They will be sold with the flipper shafts of course.
    [quoted image]

Any way you could make a ‘legacy’ clamp for those supporters of the original round flipper shaft version?

I guess the other option is to machine the shafts I have.

#971 1 year ago

Lounge I thought about that when I was developing this new design, unfortunately there really isn't any simple solution to that. My recommendation would be NOT to swap them out if everything is working just fine, the only reason to consider installing the new clamps is if someone has stripped out the factory clamps and or just can't seem to get them tight enough. Or in the alternative to just wait and install the new style clamps when servicing their flipper mech's should one choose to do so at that time.

I did spend some time trying to come up with a solution using the existing standard round shaft but just couldn't pull that off in a way that didn't impact something else. That's always the challenge when introducing something new to an existing product line. My objective in designing this new style clamp was to offer folks yet another option for this system. While its not necessary it is something I wanted to make available in response to feedback I've received, and will help to simplify the installtion for those who are maybe not as knowledgeable or mechanically inclined.

My prior customers are very important to me and as such I will likely offer a discount to those who have purchased my flipper system if they wanted to (at some time in the future) purchase and install these new clamps. I'll be posting updates and will keep everyone informed as to when I might have these available in the future.

Thanks,
    John

#972 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

[quoted image]

I like your keyed solution. How do you plan to handle the various return spring and EOS lever configurations from different manufacturers?

#973 1 year ago

Jvspin The initial offering will be tailored to Stern configuration games. When swaping out the clamp you will simply re-use both the return spring and EOS levers that came with the game.

#974 1 year ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

No and I played a Led Zep Pro on location Saturday night, no bounce. My Rush Pro also had a bit of bounce that was resolved with enough shortening of the stock return springs of all three flippers.

you left out what I consider to be important information. where a friend of yours owned you on LZ that night even though he doesn’t own the game…

Er i mean bounce back - amiright???!!!

#975 1 year ago
    Quoted from Completist:

you left out what I consider to be important information. where a friend of yours owned you on LZ that night even though he doesn’t own the game…
    Er i mean bounce back - amiright???!!!

Haha yeah yeah destroyed me on every game. I could not get anything going!

Led Zep and Rush with the Precision flipper kits installed will be at my booth for free play. Stop by and play some games to see what you think.

I replaced the springs on Zep with shorter springs, but still lots of bounce compared to the stock upper right flipper.

#976 1 year ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

I replaced the springs on Zep with shorter springs, but still lots of bounce compared to the stock upper right flipper.

I've had good luck installing a stiffer spring to really cure the flipper rebound (bounceback). Harbor Freight sells a nice set of springs that includes several in various strengths that will work. FYI.

#977 1 year ago
    Quoted from DiabloRush:

I've had good luck installing a stiffer spring to really cure the flipper rebound (bounceback). Harbor Freight sells a nice set of springs that includes several in various strengths that will work. FYI.

Thanks, I'll grab a pair of tighter springs at the show. If not, I'll just cut down the springs manually until they are tight enough like I did with Rush.

#978 1 year ago
    Quoted from DiabloRush:

Is this the kit you are referring to? Experiencing some rebound on Stranger Things with HALOs, though not has bad as PoMC. Thanks.

https://www.harborfreight.com/200-piece-assorted-spring-set-67562.html

#979 1 year ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

iceman44, be a bit more subtle when on a down-vote crusade against someone. Downvoting a video with evidence of an issue is a clear red flag of abuse of the downvote button. Think a little more and just pile a downvote on top of other downvotes if you want to do that. Don't make it obvious what you're doing.

Aren’t you mistaking yourself with that practice? I think so. I find myself disagreeing with you. That’s all

Let’s tally up the totals for you Pot?

#980 1 year ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Haha yeah yeah destroyed me on every game. I could not get anything going!
    Led Zep and Rush with the Precision flipper kits installed will be at my booth for free play. Stop by and play some games to see what you think.

I don’t agree with the shorter springs or the video

Great job Diablo, really enjoying the difference on my GNRCE

#981 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

[quoted image]

I like your thinking! really plays off the advantage of the flipper bat to minimize the problem at the linkage. Well done. But can we also do away with the hex head bolt? That's the most annoying part of the Spike flippers... because Node 8 and the trough both make it very difficult to get the head on position for the bolt. Maybe take your concept to where the bolt can be held by the shape of your block as well.

#982 1 year ago
    Quoted from Hammer97e:

Is this the kit you are referring to? Experiencing some rebound on Stranger Things with HALOs, though not has bad as PoMC. Thanks.
    https://www.harborfreight.com/200-piece-assorted-spring-set-67562.html

Yes, that's the kit. There's several length springs in there, choose your length (shorter is stronger).

#983 1 year ago

Installed on Godzilla. So far biggest challenge has been trying to find the right power combination because with too much power the ball won't hug the orbits and leads to SDTM drains on returns from the upper orbit and building. Any feedback others have had success with?

I'm already down about 15 clicks and still experimenting.

No issues with springs on my game.

In hand the flipper bats are incredibly light vs what you might expect and of course the bushings tolerances are very tight as advertised. Even just the bushings alone would be good upgrades for people I think if they prove durable. We're going to see how the bats+bushings play in location play - Thx John.

I did a refresh of plunger, sleeves and coil stops at the same time so flipper hardware is now the best it can be. Let's see what players think!

#984 1 year ago

I think I’m 10 under stock on all flippers and that seems good. I have flipper fans too.

#985 1 year ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

Installed on Godzilla. So far biggest challenge has been trying to find the right power combination because with too much power the ball won't hug the orbits and leads to SDTM drains on returns from the upper orbit and building. Any feedback others have had success with?
    I'm already down about 15 clicks and still experimenting.
    No issues with springs on my game.
    In hand the flipper bats are incredibly light vs what you might expect and of course the bushings tolerances are very tight as advertised. Even just the bushings alone would be good upgrades for people I think if they prove durable. We're going to see how the bats+bushings play in location play - Thx John.
    I did a refresh of plunger, sleeves and coil stops at the same time so flipper hardware is now the best it can be. Let's see what players think!

On Godzilla I'm down 5 on lower flippers strength setting and down 10 on upper. I also run flipper fans and playfield is at 7.0°.
    Not sure if any impact - but this setup is the "Original" Precision Flip flipper and bushing design with a little magnalube on the shafts.
    I think I'm closing in on 300 games played on them and 8.2B is my best so far.

#986 1 year ago

Testing underway and so far so good. The install was super easy just as I suspected it would be. Set the vertical float in the flipper shaft and bushing and cinched down the screw until snug, then 1/4 turn more. I chose to use the factory hardware, testing on Batman at the moment, will move them over to another machine after a few days of play. DiabloRush will also be testing soon, his prototypes are in route to him now.

More to follow soon.

D Shaft Installed (resized).jpgD Shaft Installed (resized).jpgD Shafts Installed Pair (resized).jpgD Shafts Installed Pair (resized).jpgBatman 66_A (resized).jpgBatman 66_A (resized).jpg

#987 1 year ago

So good.

Night and day difference on my GNRCE.

Also have flipper fans

#988 1 year ago

I installed a set of these on my Twilight Zone today, and they look great!

Shots are way smoother, but the power on these are significantly stronger with the new bushings installed. I will likely need to install weaker coils as I feel like I'm going to break something.

20221006_150111 (resized).jpg20221006_150111 (resized).jpg

#989 1 year ago

Hi All, Because you requested them, they are now in stock in limited quanities. Black, Red, and Gold.

Get'em while they last!

HALO COLORS (resized).jpgHALO COLORS (resized).jpg
    #990 1 year ago

Those look fantastic!

#991 1 year ago

John these are multi fit for JJP, Stern, CGC etc….obviously with the use of your entire setup correct!?

#992 1 year ago

I want blue....And red, black and gold.

#993 1 year ago

Did my homework …… It’s all in the varying bushing size grasshopper!! Placing order now.

#994 1 year ago

Picked up another Red and Silver Halo set

#995 1 year ago

Yes, the flipper bats will interchange for any game, the only unique part is the bushing which is game manufacturer specific.

I'm also sorry to inform that the HALOGRAPHIC-PRO in Black is already sold out. Those who have ordered you're good to go. I hope to have more black available in about three weeks. I'm really sorry about that, they were snapped up pretty quickly. Again will have more in about 3 weeks time.

Thanks again to my valued customers for making this mod a success

#996 1 year ago

You've made it a success mate, we are just taking advantage of it.

#997 1 year ago

Flippers held up fine at the York show yesterday and today. New owner of LED Zeppelin that has a pair installed. Don’t think he cared though.

Rush had one broken spring that was a quick fix.

#998 1 year ago

How many sets of black Halos did you sell out in approx. a couple of hrs?

#999 1 year ago

I spy in the latest HEP video...

Untitled (resized).pngUntitled (resized).png

#1000 1 year ago

Enchantress 20 sets (40 flipper's) of HALO's in Black is what I had anodized in this batch. I tried to anticipate the color demand for all the colors I had sent to anodize, I guess I under estimated the black. Gold has always been the most popular, followed by Red, Green, then Blue. It moves around, it's a little hard to predict at times.

Photo shows a typical lot (or batch) run when I send the flipper bats out for anodize, 600+ at one time is typically what I do. Another batch are going out in about a week so I'll up the numbers on the black

Thanks,
    John
    Flipper Bats Anodized batch (resized).jpgFlipper Bats Anodized batch (resized).jpg

There are 2,967 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 60.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/review-precision-pinball-products-cnc-flipper-system/page/20 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.