Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 967 posts
  • 159 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 48 minutes ago by PoMC
  • Topic is favorited by 89 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20221003_012710 (resized).jpg
    tron17 (resized).jpg
    tron16 (resized).jpg
    89CB4F4E-096C-4559-B4FE-9D892C57F6BC (resized).jpeg
    73308779-9518-40AF-AA10-F389676E3C3C (resized).jpeg
    E5EFD016-EE04-46A2-BE0A-DC41D090F0ED (resized).jpeg
    3A30D9EB-8D44-43B9-9A1B-0E9849EBB9C5 (resized).jpeg
    8CD097EF-FC76-4D61-A1F8-8AC938EFF25B (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2381 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2380 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2382 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2383 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2384 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2385 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2387 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2388 (resized).jpeg

There are 967 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 20.
    #901 13 days ago
    Quoted from blizz81:

I assume you could also gap from the bottom of the playfield - maybe stick a feeler gauge in between the bottom of the bushing and the flipper crank bar or whatever it is?

Yeah, as other's mentioned you can do it from top or bottom. For me it seems to work easier from the top as I can secure the tool while tightening the pinch bolt underneath.

I would recommend checking the gap when you are done in either scenario.

#902 13 days ago

Cool, thanks all - I was doing it by eye last night, figure I might as well go back in there with some precision re: a feeler gauge. Already have metal gauges on hand so feel better about doing it under the playfield so I don't inadvertently scrape it up.

#903 13 days ago
    Quoted from Anony:

Here's how I did it and it seemed to work well. That's a flipper spacer that most pinball shops sell.[quoted image]

and if you have a 3d printer you can make one lickity splickity.
    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4658783

#904 12 days ago

I think my GnR came with one in the goody bag..

#905 12 days ago

From Southern California to my place, not anywhere near California, in 48 hours?
    What kind of wizardry is this?
    Customer service, by the way, is way above and beyond.
    Thank you. They look even better in person.
    r/
    Mike

20220921_125102.jpg20220921_125307.jpglOiJqCjiEOcmc (2).gif
    #906 11 days ago

This will drive the purists nuts, but I have a 1976 Gottlieb Pioneer that I wanted to try these flippers/bushings in just to see what would happen. Would the world end? (I was kinda half-hoping...) Would my hair catch on fire? Would my halitosis clear up? Nothing was wrong with the game before, I was just hoping for a little more power from the flippers and a little more consistency. And that's exactly what I got. Installation was a piece of cake, and being able to adjust the flipper angle from the top side going forward will be a God-send.

After the installation and playing a few games, I could feel a subtle increase in flipper power. I've put orange dot flipper coils from Steve in maybe 5 EM machines, and I'm familiar with the change that can make. This isn't nearly that dramatic - just slightly stronger - I'd guess maybe 10 percent, due to the efficiency of the bushing/shaft interface I would presume. I did put a couple drops of light machine oil on the shafts as I inserted them in the bushings. Since you don't have any easy way to reduce the power to the flipper coils on an EM, I was worried that there would be too much of an increase in power with the new system, but that's not the case.

The shape of the flippers is slightly different than the original plastic ones - narrower out toward the end, and I didn't know if I'd like that, but once you get the rubbers on, I'm not really noticing it. I was worried that if the dimensions of the new bats was different enough from the originals up near the pivot point, that I'd get some ball bounce as it comes off of the wire guides on to the flipper bat. But that's not happening - same smooth roll from the wire guide to the flipper.

The sound is slightly different - same volume, but I'd say a touch more "metallic" - nothing objectionable....I'm not sure most people would notice.

But the biggest difference is in the consistency of shots. There is absolutely no slop at all in the system, and that's showing up in the repeatability of shots and accuracy. Compared to the equivalent original parts, these are expensive - but I don't regret putting them in for that shot consistency alone. It's subtle, but definitely there.

That's the first set I've dealt with, and I'm impressed with not only the product itself, but the packaging and instructions...seems like a lot of care went into it. I would categorize myself as a very average competitive player - it'll be interesting to see if the really good players in our league notice a difference next week. I'm guessing that they will.

Maybe a set of these on Mando will help me hit those damned ramps!

edit: Didn't help with the halitosis...

#907 11 days ago

I just received my set of silver holographic pro flipper bats, and I am liking the looks.

Installed them on my EHOH. I thought about waiting for the red to be available, but decided on the silver to get the playfield reflections. I would recommend polishing them for the full effect.

Here are some before and after polishing pictures.

EE11FDC1-40D9-4B06-852A-56E8F0BAC10B (resized).jpeg1A70B813-04A7-456F-ADBB-AF76C47A0047 (resized).jpegB0ED8B07-3BB6-4060-8510-A425BD14A01C (resized).jpeg067AFEE6-A42E-46EC-9163-27C2069651E6 (resized).jpegD304FB49-7514-44E8-A8DD-D68E3059D1C3 (resized).jpeg
    #908 11 days ago
    Quoted from MattW123456:

I just received my set of silver holographic pro flipper bats, and I am liking the looks.
    Installed them on my EHOH. I thought about waiting for the red to be available, but decided on the silver to get the playfield reflections. I would recommend polishing them for the full effect.
    Here are some before and after polishing pictures.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Results are dramatic. Dremel or lapped with emery cloth?

#909 11 days ago
    Quoted from Lounge:

Results are dramatic. Dremel or lapped with emery cloth?

My plan was to use the Dremel (and I did for most of it), but it could not reach all the way inside with the polishing pad.

Ended up going ghetto. Folded a q-tip in half so the two ends were next to each other, and then tightened it in my drill.

Then I ran a microfiber cloth through it to clean it out.

#910 11 days ago
    Quoted from MattW123456:

My plan was to use the Dremel (and I did for most of it), but it could not reach all the way inside with the polishing pad.
    Ended up going ghetto. Folded a q-tip in half so the two ends were next to each other, and then tightened it in my drill.

That's not ghetto, that's ingenuity... Looks amazing

#911 10 days ago

MattW123456 those really do look great after your handywork. Really nice job. How long did it take you to Polish them up?

#912 10 days ago
    Quoted from MattW123456:

Forgive my ignorance, but what's ghetto ??

#913 10 days ago
    Quoted from Ashram56:

In this context ghetto is doing something in a way it was not intended. Like managing with what you have on hand rather than using the correct tools/parts.
    Imagine securing a coil stop with cable ties because the threads are stripped, that would be a ghetto solution. We used to call it jury rigging something, no idea where that phrase came from though.

#914 10 days ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

… How long did it take you to Polish them up?

Maybe 20 minutes? Maybe less. Some of the time was spent figuring out how to reach all the way into the hollow portion.

Like Anony said, ghetto means making due with what you have on hand instead of using the correct tool. Jury rigged or of poor quality.

#915 10 days ago
    Quoted from MattW123456:

Maybe 20 minutes? Maybe less. Some of the time was spent figuring out how to reach all the way into the hollow portion.
    Like Anony said, ghetto means making due with what you have on hand instead of using the correct tool. Jury rigged or of poor quality.

OK, did not know that expression, one learns every day.

Did you use some kind of polishing solution ?

Regards

#916 10 days ago
    Quoted from Ashram56:

Mmmm k - sorry, not buying it.

Look hard enough for a reason to be offended and you will find one.

#917 10 days ago
    Quoted from Lounge:

pasted_image (resized).png

#918 10 days ago
    Quoted from Lounge:

Errr... sorry ?? Not sure I understand your comment. If you think I was implying to be offended, well, look at my profile, and realize that not everyone is a native english speaker.

#919 10 days ago
    Quoted from Ashram56:

Errr... sorry ?? Not sure I understand your comment. If you think I was implying to be offended, well, look at my profile, and realize that not everyone is a native english speaker.

Seems to be what he's somehow extrapolated from an innocent comment.

#920 10 days ago
    Quoted from Ashram56:

OK, did not know that expression, one learns every day.
    Did you use some kind of polishing solution ?
    Regards

No problem. Even in the U.S. you will hear sayings in one part of the country you won’t hear in others.

The exact polish I used is called White Diamond, but any metal polish compatible with aluminum would work. I’ve used it on quite a few pinball parts.

F653BCCD-5317-47CA-9320-CE339BABC886 (resized).jpeg
    #921 10 days ago

Parts - For Sale
    Used, good condition “PRECISION FLIPPERS - 3 EA with Bushings WPC Bally/Williams (lightly used). Color: Silver $110 shipped (US only)”
    2022-09-23
    Vienna, VA
    110 (Firm)
    Archived after: 0 days
    Viewed: 80 times

#922 10 days ago

I never thought about polishing the Halo's interior but am inspired by the pictures and have a new weekend project. (And I guess I have a good reason to find my dremel!)

#923 6 days ago

Black Knight 2000 with HaloGraphic Pros!

I definitely like the look of them and the ease of changing flipper angles from above was nice too. I played a few rounds on bk2k tonight after installing them and was having trouble hitting the ramp. After a quick upper flipper adjustment I could hit it alot more consistently.
    The differenceo in play/slop between the oe and the precision bushings was very noticeable. Virtually none now with the precisions installed. I can see where eliminating it is beneficial. Considering I almost got a top 4 score after my first few games, I can't complain!

20220926_195249.jpg20220926_192408.jpg20220926_192152.jpg
    #924 6 days ago

Some pics of my installs, upon first plays I noticed improved flipper feel and accuracy, not a huge difference.
    Not really noticed higher power in flippers yet but maybe, still got an issue with left on TNA slightly weak but will investigate later, also realized I need new rubbers on Star Trek, I think they are originals.
    The blues and orange colors in these 2 games are very similar by these images, games next to each other as a whole look different

IMG_1008 (resized).jpgIMG_1006 (resized).jpgIMG_1011 (resized).jpgIMG_1012 (resized).jpgIMG_1013 (resized).jpg
    #925 4 days ago

Installed a set with bushing on Led Zeppelin today and need to adjust the return springs because lots of bounce back when the flippers drop. Certainly much strong so had to drop coil power from 255 to 235. Need to increase it to maybe 245.

Tomorrow installing a blue set on Rush and the Halo's on Aerosmith.

#926 4 days ago

Same with Rush. I need to tweak the flipper springs to reduce the back bounce clatter.

The blue matches Rush very well color wise.

#927 4 days ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Same with Rush. I need to tweak the flipper springs to reduce the back bounce clatter.
    The blue matches Rush very well color wise.

Didn't have that issue on gz or rush,,,,

#928 4 days ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Didn't have that issue on gz or rush,,,,

Lesser extent on Rush than Led Zep. I did not install a set on Godzilla, but someone earlier said that the coil orientation is different on Godzilla and spring adjustments not needed.

Led Zep is a fluttery fuck without any tweaking.

2E01D6C0-4900-4459-ABD4-E3A5382B1AC4 (resized).jpegCD3704C4-0F88-4F49-A521-4C9CBB3A7A94 (resized).jpeg
    #929 3 days ago

So I've been testing these flippers for John for a while now and I really do love them. Overall I'd say I'm on Team HALOGRAPHIC as they not only look incredible but play really really well. He sent me a set of every color so I took some pictures to share. I'll do my best to take a picture of every color on every new game I get to borrow/stream from FlipnOut.

IMG_2377 (resized).jpegIMG_2378 (resized).jpeg
    #930 3 days ago

Here are all the options on DEADPOOL

IMG_2371 (resized).jpegIMG_2372 (resized).jpegIMG_2373 (resized).jpegIMG_2374 (resized).jpegIMG_2375 (resized).jpegIMG_2376 (resized).jpegIMG_2379 (resized).jpeg
    #931 3 days ago

Here are all the options on TMNT

IMG_2380 (resized).jpegIMG_2381 (resized).jpegIMG_2382 (resized).jpegIMG_2383 (resized).jpegIMG_2384 (resized).jpegIMG_2385 (resized).jpegIMG_2387 (resized).jpegIMG_2388 (resized).jpeg
    #932 3 days ago

Testing the halo graphic ones on my GZ pro last night for an hour or so. I’m liking them a lot. Doesn’t seem to have any different play than the normal precision flippers. I’m getting better and better at flipper tricks with them too.

#933 3 days ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Testing the halo graphic ones on my GZ pro last night for an hour or so. I’m liking them a lot. Doesn’t seem to have any different play than the normal precision flippers. I’m getting better and better at flipper tricks with them too.

Interested your thoughts on these more as you play. I just switched mine back out for normal flippers but with the bushings. I’m really liking this combo. Less slop and definitely feel snappier but the catches flippers seem less bouncy compared to the aluminum ones.

I’m not a really good player so might have just taken me longer to adjust. I still like the system but trying to find the sweet spot.

#934 3 days ago

I’d like to make the case that Precision Flip should be considered for a TWIPY “Mod of the year” award.

For all the innovation in pinball, very few mods have demonstrably improved the playing experience itself. Precision Flip does this, magnificently. Flipper design has been essentially unchanged since the Williams mechs introduced with System 11. Functional and reliable, this design was chosen chiefly for cost. One tradeoff - something we didn’t really appreciate until Precision Flip - was the sloppy tolerances in OEM flippers that lead to imprecise play. Prior attempts to improve this design have failed, due to either poor manufacturing or engineering design. Until now.

John has succeeded where prior efforts at producing metal flipper bats have failed. Previous attempts were heavy, and the bat/shaft joint was weak and slipped. John solved both these problems with skill and innovation. His exceptional experience in CNC machining and alloy-specification produced a light and strong aluminum part, an accomplishment he magnified with his Halographic designs. His conical-splined interface - for which a patent is pending - has proven the ideal solution to a vexing problem. Finally, John has proven to be exceptional at both customer service and accepting constructive suggestions. Based on feedback here, he modified his bushing design (at considerable expense, I might add) to include oillite bushings. While the original design was perfectly functional, this extra step was requested by customers and put to rest any lingering concerns about metal/metal wear.

I honestly can’t think of a third-party mod that improves the play experience as much as Precision Flip. It’s reliable, reasonably priced (especially compared to 3D printed cosmetic mods that cost hundreds), and offers a selection of colors and designs to fit any table. By any standard, John’s offering is exceptional and deserving of recognition. When the time comes to nominate and vote for the TWIPYs this year, I hope you’ll join me in bringing John this much-deserved accolade.

#935 3 days ago

We started to test play with these flippers at the arcade here are some of the non-biased reviews.

Iron Maiden Pro: Metal Bushings, regular lighting flippers

Personally I think just having the bushings in these machine alone makes a big difference. There is a difference in flipper strength when using a regular flipper or lightning flipper with these metal bushings, personally these should be standard on all machines on a go forward basis. We will be looking at replacing all of our machines in future with these metal bushings they are great.

Godzilla Pro: Metal Bushings, 1/8 precision flippers

Best of both worlds here, there is increased flipper strength, and the game plays just as hard as it was before with the normal lightning flippers but now you can really make or miss all your shots. Personally I believe that the flippers are mainly cosmetic here, and you could get away with just using a regular lightning flipper, but overall very satisfied with both products together so far, the look of these flipper is great as well and the ease of positioning and switch out is an added bonus. The accuracy I found was the same but I am a pretty accurate player already so these did nothing to really improve it.

Whirlwind: Regular Bushing, normal precision flipper (Red)

Installed on the upper flipper, getting a little better power for the upper ramp with just using the flipper but I think it is overall negligible. I think in order to have the real benefits of increased power on flipper you would be better off going with the bushing and a regular flipper or precision flipper. Was hoping for dramatic increase without having to change the original bushings but so far I don't see a major improvement there.

Overall Impression:

The flipper and bushing combo is great, it can be super expensive to retrofit all of your games (in my case 74) but for the overall look, playability and reliability of the components looks to be a worthwhile investment. I am personally debating about just replacing all of the bushings and keeping all of the flippers as this seems mostly cosmetic, as it seems to give you the benefit of performance without having to invest in the new flippers. But for those who want the look and performance I would recommend both products we have had zero issue with these flippers at the arcade so far and we get probably more plays in a week then a collector will have all year on their games. With the added convenience of being able to adjust the flippers or to switch them out like we do I give it a thumbs up!!!

Suggestion:

For the 1/8 flippers would be nice to have a lightning decal or engraving in them and in the 1/4 flippers a S plus the lightning decal or engraving, it just automatically intimidates the player which I like, half the battle in setting a machine for competition is to give the player a different look and mess up with their psychology. Every good player will adapt in time no matter the setup and glad that these flippers don't impact the game negatively like some have said that is dramatically improves their game. I didn't find that in fact my games were worse at first due to getting used to the feel of them.

#936 3 days ago
    Quoted from DiabloRush:

I’d like to make the case that Precision Flip should be considered for a TWIPY “Mod of the year” award.
    For all the innovation in pinball, very few mods have demonstrably improved the playing experience itself. Precision Flip does this, magnificently. Flipper design has been essentially unchanged since the Williams mechs introduced with System 11. Functional and reliable, this design was chosen chiefly for cost. One tradeoff - something we didn’t really appreciate until Precision Flip - was the sloppy tolerances in OEM flippers that lead to imprecise play. Prior attempts to improve this design have failed, due to either poor manufacturing or engineering design. Until now.
    John has succeeded where prior efforts at producing metal flipper bats have failed. Previous attempts were heavy, and the bat/shaft joint was weak and slipped. John solved both these problems with skill and innovation. His exceptional experience in CNC machining and alloy-specification produced a light and strong aluminum part, an accomplishment he magnified with his Halographic designs. His conical-splined interface - for which a patent is pending - has proven the ideal solution to a vexing problem. Finally, John has proven to be exceptional at both customer service and accepting constructive suggestions. Based on feedback here, he modified his bushing design (at considerable expense, I might add) to include oillite bushings. While the original design was perfectly functional, this extra step was requested by customers and put to rest any lingering concerns about metal/metal wear.
    I honestly can’t think of a third-party mod that improves the play experience as much as Precision Flip. It’s reliable, reasonably priced (especially compared to 3D printed cosmetic mods that cost hundreds), and offers a selection of colors and designs to fit any table. By any standard, John’s offering is exceptional and deserving of recognition. When the time comes to nominate and vote for the TWIPYs this year, I hope you’ll join me in bringing John this much-deserved accolade.

Based on the accolades and seemingly great sales, I assumed it had this locked up long ago. Mods that work on multiple games are superior to ones that work on just one. And this one apparently works on pretty much all of them.

#937 3 days ago
    Quoted from DiabloRush:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/review-precision-pinball-products-cnc-flipper-system/page/17#post-7134118
    I agree!

#938 3 days ago

Has the creator given any thoughts to patenting this stuff? If this really is a new way to do flippers and flipper-related stuff that makes them stronger and more precise, it's something that all manufacturers should at least consider (with BOM being the reason not to go this route). If this system or elements could be patented and ended up as an industry standard, guy could be in line for an early retirement (if not already retired).

Note: I'm not versed in the details of execution or of patenting so maybe some all of this is a nonstarter. And if it's not a nonstarter, I wouldn't be surprised if some folks have strong anti-patent feelings. But from the anecdotal evidence I've been reading in this thread (along with the fancy number mumbo jumbo readings I've skimmed), it seems like there's a significant thing happening here that would pretty much improve one of the most important and fundamental aspects of pinball. So it seems worthy of a discussion.

#939 3 days ago
    Quoted from joelbob:

Here are all the options on TMNT
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hey Joel… thanks for the variety of pics… really helpful!

I’m eager for John to add a few more colors and make the holographics as a full set …in all colors … rather than an upgrade option only.

That is not meant as a complaint at all….as these are a brand new offering and changes take time.

It is definitely a fantastic product and in my opinion they should just FedEx his Twippy down now.

#940 3 days ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

We started to test play with these flippers at the arcade here are some of the non-biased reviews.
    Iron Maiden Pro: Metal Bushings, regular lighting flippers
    Personally I think just having the bushings in these machine alone makes a big difference. There is a difference in flipper strength when using a regular flipper or lightning flipper with these metal bushings, personally these should be standard on all machines on a go forward basis. We will be looking at replacing all of our machines in future with these metal bushings they are great.
    Godzilla Pro: Metal Bushings, 1/8 precision flippers
    Best of both worlds here, there is increased flipper strength, and the game plays just as hard as it was before with the normal lightning flippers but now you can really make or miss all your shots. Personally I believe that the flippers are mainly cosmetic here, and you could get away with just using a regular lightning flipper, but overall very satisfied with both products together so far, the look of these flipper is great as well and the ease of positioning and switch out is an added bonus. The accuracy I found was the same but I am a pretty accurate player already so these did nothing to really improve it.
    Whirlwind: Regular Bushing, normal precision flipper (Red)
    Installed on the upper flipper, getting a little better power for the upper ramp with just using the flipper but I think it is overall negligible. I think in order to have the real benefits of increased power on flipper you would be better off going with the bushing and a regular flipper or precision flipper. Was hoping for dramatic increase without having to change the original bushings but so far I don't see a major improvement there.
    Overall Impression:
    The flipper and bushing combo is great, it can be super expensive to retrofit all of your games (in my case 74) but for the overall look, playability and reliability of the components looks to be a worthwhile investment. I am personally debating about just replacing all of the bushings and keeping all of the flippers as this seems mostly cosmetic, as it seems to give you the benefit of performance without having to invest in the new flippers. But for those who want the look and performance I would recommend both products we have had zero issue with these flippers at the arcade so far and we get probably more plays in a week then a collector will have all year on their games. With the added convenience of being able to adjust the flippers or to switch them out like we do I give it a thumbs up!!!
    Suggestion:
    For the 1/8 flippers would be nice to have a lightning decal or engraving in them and in the 1/4 flippers a S plus the lightning decal or engraving, it just automatically intimidates the player which I like, half the battle in setting a machine for competition is to give the player a different look and mess up with their psychology. Every good player will adapt in time no matter the setup and glad that these flippers don't impact the game negatively like some have said that is dramatically improves their game. I didn't find that in fact my games were worse at first due to getting used to the feel of them.

Very helpful thanks! Very intrigued by the metal bushing only route. May have to try that eventually.

#941 3 days ago

Hi all, just came back from the machine shop and got caught up on reading some of the recent postings. First thanks to DiabloRush for his assistance in my journey in further developing my products, he's been a good beta tester and sounding board for ideas I've run by him. I've nick named him 'My Wingman'.

I'd be honored if those who have purchased this flipper system pushes for the mod of the year for TWIPY, that would really mean a lot to me. When I started down this development path a little over a year ago I was hoping it would prove to be a worthy mod and excepted by the community. I can't thank all of you enough, my valued customers who have helped spread the word and make this mod a success.

As to product Patent, the answer is 100% yes. Early on I applied for two patents both of which are in process. I've been through the process before a few times on other devices I've designed for aerospace applications. I've got them fast tracking but it does take a little time for the process to complete.

I really do appreciate all the feedback I've received as well along the way. Some suggestions have already made there way into the product, and or how I package and sell the kits. BTW, the HALO's are now part of a kit, but I just sold out of the first run of HALO's yesterday. So if planning to order it will be a couple weeks before I have them back in stock, and I'll also have Gold and Red HALO's available then as well.

I like the idea of engraving Lightning on the bats, I'm also looking into laser etching as well. Just takes a little time to dial all these things into production and then insert/cut-in that part of the process on a given production run of parts.

I think mixing and matching bushings and flipper bats (even plastic bats) is what makes this system so versatile. The only draw back to the plastic bats is there is no ease of adjustment, so you loose that functionality of the system. I believe the HALO's are the best of all worlds, they play snappy but supple if that makes sense.

In case anyone is wondering I'm smack in the middle of my third production run now. A portion of this run is headed to Chicago next month for the expo, so if anyone is planning to attend who hasn't yet seen, held, or played them they'll have that opportunity to do so.

Lastly, I do have another nice addition coming soon. It's taken me a little longer than I've wanted but I'll soon have available a new link arm and pinch block assembly for Stern games. This new mod will make it super easy to tighten the shaft to the link arm without fear of stripping the screw, or not getting the screws tight enough. I'll have more on that and some photos posted next week.

#942 3 days ago

Dang John! You just can’t stop can you?!

#943 3 days ago

Love a set of blue halo 1/8 length for Tron, however I doubt they will be made as it is not a super popular size.

#944 3 days ago

Just installed in Metallica this pm and my PSA for this product, “Holy Shit” what a difference. By coincidence it was either all the positive feedback that I’ve read on this thread (positive thoughts) or it was actually these flipper/bushing combos that got me my all time high score. You actually feel the difference in your flipper finger/hand. Looking forward to the Halo experience in the rest of my pins. Cheers to you John for your brilliant contributions to our hobby.

8CD097EF-FC76-4D61-A1F8-8AC938EFF25B (resized).jpeg
    #945 2 days ago

Enchantress So very glad you like them, and congrats on the new high score! You already had the skills, these flippers just gave you the opportunity to use those skills to the best of your ability

#946 1 day ago

Cut this amount off the flipper springs from Rush to eliminate the bounce back.

3A30D9EB-8D44-43B9-9A1B-0E9849EBB9C5 (resized).jpeg
    #947 1 day ago

Strange situation but I finally got these installed on my GnR, had to use some old B/W crank screws in order to get the clamps to properly grip the flipper post. However, yesterday while playing a multiball I noticed my right flipper loss it’s position (falling all the way down) but as soon as I pressed the flipper button again it went back to normal and did not do it again! I have no idea how this could happen and not repeat?! Everything seems fine installation wise so I’m pretty confounded about what could have happened?!

#948 1 day ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

Love a set of blue halo 1/8 length for Tron, however I doubt they will be made as it is not a super popular size.

Not sure I understand, are you using non regular size in your Tron?

#949 1 day ago
    Quoted from atg1469:

Strange situation but I finally got these installed on my GnR, had to use some old B/W crank screws in order to get the clamps to properly grip the flipper post. However, yesterday while playing a multiball I noticed my right flipper loss it’s position (falling all the way down) but as soon as I pressed the flipper button again it went back to normal and did not do it again! I have no idea how this could happen and not repeat?! Everything seems fine installation wise so I’m pretty confounded about what could have happened?!

That clamp must be REALLY TIGHT in order to prevent slippage. John mentioned in a recent post he was working on a solution to that. Until then, TIGHTEN it down as hard as you can, and then adjust bat position after the post is solid.

#950 1 day ago

I was having some trouble with my JP T. rex shot from the right flipper as well as the AIQ Capt Marvel shot from the left. I tried all kinds of fixes with leveling, flipper adjustment, and cleaning, but nothing seem to really work. I installed precision flippers on both games and the shots improved 100% on JP and 90% on AIQ. (Ok subjective I know, but no doubt much improved)

I had a small pinball party last night with a very experienced group- owners and players. They were very impressed with the precision and more importantly the feel. “Hey the CAPT Marvel shot is working!”.

I’m not sure if I will replace all of my flippers (25 games), but will see as I test them out more.

The key for anyone is to try these out for yourself (you know evidence based science/medicine etc.). Like many I was skeptical but I had to do something for two of my favorite machines and I was pleasantly surprised.

73308779-9518-40AF-AA10-F389676E3C3C (resized).jpeg89CB4F4E-096C-4559-B4FE-9D892C57F6BC (resized).jpegE5EFD016-EE04-46A2-BE0A-DC41D090F0ED (resized).jpeg
    There are 967 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!