Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by clg
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

So I purchased my first NIB pinball machine and yes it was a KISS LE #51. I figured I'd post my thoughts on it as several threads on the game had me somewhat convinced this was a borderline clunker and a poorly made Stern pin due to the ball drains, the spinning disc under gene's head that fired the balls right down the middle all the time, the brutal outlanes....(these can be adjusted to make it less brutal and yes it often drains down the right side but it's an easy adjustment to change the drain on the right side.

Unboxed it tonight and set it up....played about a two dozen games so far. Sorry no pics....

First off the artwork on the pin and playfield itself is as advertised, outstanding in many ways as you have seen from images it's mostly hand drawn, colorful and very well done.

As for gameplay in the threads I have read many players were criticizing the playfield and some of the shots including the STAR area under Paul Stanley.....while it's not an easy shot it's certainly not impossible as some threads had me believing it was wasted space on the playfield. It's not it's actually a difficult shot but its something you can easily hit every game several times a game for the LoveGun Multiball and the Love Gun Multiball is very cool....I think I had all 6 on the playfield at once....crazy!

The machine itself is the fastest playing pinball machine I have ever played I was really blown away. Kinda reminds me of how fast T2 use to play. Definitely keeps you on your toes at all times.

As for the spinning disc I must say in the dozen or so games I played the ball only fired back one time right down the middle.....every other time and there were many the ball had some serious English on it as it spun from underneath Gene's head.

Overall I love the pin....I think it's already an excellent playing pinball machine. IMHO one of the best I've ever played and I've played a good 90% of modern era pins and as we get improved code updates this game will only get better. When the first review of the PRO model started rolling out I almost cancelled my order because of the negativity on the pinball machine as I thought it would be a dog. I'm glad I stuck it out...this machine is really damn good!

I have never played a Metallica or AC/DC but if your on the fence about a KISS pinball machine I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you won't be disappointed....it's excellent!

#2 8 years ago

Great review.I have Kiss LE number 52 sitting here to be opened tomorrow.I am really looking forward to it.Dave

#3 8 years ago

I have KISS pro and have very little complaining to do. Yes the code is a work in progress, but isn't that what faith is for? It's Stern after all, and they do a great job of making things right.

#4 8 years ago

Thanks for the review , picked up our LE today. Playable at Lyons Classic Pinball. I am loving it so far. Very fast.

#5 8 years ago

Thanks a lot for the review! How do you guys know what # you're getting? Is it random or were you told your number at the time of purchase?

#6 8 years ago

Thanks, I have #17, and I agree with you. It's great!

#7 8 years ago

It typically always starts this way. I've yet to see an LE owner start a thread and just come out and say "I hate this game and regret the purchase". As if these threads are owners justifying their purchase to themselves.

Either way, I'm glad you're enjoying your new pin.

#8 8 years ago

Thanks for the review Chicoman i have #8 heading downunder still another 3 weeks away can not wait

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

It typically always starts this way. I've yet to see an LE owner start a thread and just come out and say "I hate this game and regret the purchase". As if these threads are owners justifying their purchase to themselves.

I did with Xmen so dont ever say never.

#10 8 years ago

To answer thundergod76 question. From what I understood you can pay stern 250 bucks and pick a number. Lower numbers maybe higher than that the guy from Australia getting number 8 can probably answer that question. I preordered from JJ at game exchange and he got his first shipment of 8 games in he called everyone and you got to pick from the 8 numbers that stern sent him.He called in the order that people had ordered the games from him. I was number 5 in placing my order I guess because the 8 numbers he got in that first shipment were 46-47-49-51-52-53-60-561 and yes the last one was 561. Proving that stern just randomly picks up a number and attaches it to a cabinet as I doubt they have already built 561 out of 600 machines in the first few shipments going out. So basically someone got number 561 and it was probably in the first 100 games or so built not counting the German ones that they made 60 of.

#11 8 years ago

For owners. What shot do you find most rewarding?

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

For owners. What shot do you find most rewarding?

Star child shot. It is difficult, but rewarding. 2nd choice would be Left orbit, this is the single most difficult shot of any pinball I have ever played. It must be perfect or your into the pops.

#13 8 years ago

Played it at Replay this weekend. The game is a LOT of fun, but I can't stand the Gene callouts. Now I understand how people who love the gameplay of WOZ but hate the theme feel...

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Played it at Replay this weekend. The game is a LOT of fun, but I can't stand the Gene callouts. Now I understand how people who love the gameplay of WOZ but hate the theme feel...

What's wrong with the callouts? (I've never heard them...just curious).

#15 8 years ago

It's just Gene doing that growlly-throated voice like he does in the concerts. It's just a bit annoying forty years on, IMHO.

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

It's just Gene doing that growlly-throated voice like he does in the concerts. It's just a bit annoying forty years on, IMHO.

Turn speech/voices down in the menu?

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Turn speech/voices down in the menu?

Well, yes...at home. I was playing it at Replay and didn't really have access to keys (or the right to make decisions like that).

#18 8 years ago

gonna have to get milhouse or cleland to do some voice mods

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Not trying to justify the purchase but there was alot of negative or when the pro model came out. Criticism certainly wasn't warranted. The pinball machine is absolutely amazing.

Best ahot is the Love Gun Multiball....and the other guy is right...up thru the bumpers is tough without hitting it.

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

Not trying to justify the purchase but there was alot of negative or when the pro model came out. Criticism certainly wasn't warranted. The pinball machine is absolutely amazing.

I agree, early negativity is not warranted. But an exhuberant new owner is not exactly impartial.

#21 8 years ago

Only time will tell with any new pin!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.95
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/review-from-another-kiss-le-owner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.