(Topic ID: 80160)

Revenge From Mars (Your Advice Appreciated)

By wongojack

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 59 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Giulio
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RFMHole.jpg
rfm autofire.jpg
RFM-HVenabled.JPG
RFM-HVdisabled.JPG
RFM_Computer.jpg
photo.JPG
RFM protector.JPG
Fire.jpg
RFMMartian.png
WP_20140406_010.jpg
WP_20140406_009.jpg
WP_20140406_011.jpg
DropSwitchConnex.jpg
DropAssmb.jpg
RFMSaucerRepair.jpg
RFMPCBSide.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j_m_.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from wongojack:

Has anyone added this specific hole guard: http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/HG-19 ?
If so, how is it?

I used that one in conjunction with a cliffy protector. makes that stroke of luck hole virtually bullet-proof!

RFM protector.JPGRFM protector.JPG

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from wongojack:

One thing I've noticed that I can't explain is that sometimes after the ball is ejected from SofLuck, the eject sound effect plays about 10x. The popper doesn't fire after the ball is ejected - the sound effect just plays 10x in a row. Anyone ever hit that problem?

I can't say that I've ever experienced that issue. what software version are you on? and have you checked/cleaned the optos for the stroke of luck?

you might also want to check the memory dimm. I'm not saying that's where your problem lies, but it always easier to eliminate any potential problem area.

#44 10 years ago

yeah, I haven't upgraded past 1.5 myself on mine

the memory dimm is on the pc motherboard. the RFMs and SWEP1s came with a whopping 64MB of non-ecc memory, but you can still order new memory off of ebay (see the link below). I upgraded mine to 256MB (w/ two 128MB boards) so that the animations don't stutter (however, boot up time is now a bit longer since the system does a memory check on power up).

you can add a maximum of 512MB (two 256MB boards), but I didn't see any additional benefit over 256MB

ebay.com link: 128MB Third Party MEMORY 16X64 168 PIN PC100 8NS 3 3V NON ECC SDRAM RAM DIMM

be careful with hammering the rivet. the skip ramp is rather thin, and you don't want to accidentally dent it otherwise it won't lie flat against the playfield when it's in the [down] position. it might be easier to find someone locally with a rivet press to fix your problem. if you can't find anyone, you can send it to me and I'll do it for free (you'll just have to pay shipping both ways)

#50 10 years ago

replace the coil sleeve as well while you're at it. I did that will all of the coils the last time that I cleaned my game

#52 10 years ago

when you do take a look at it (if you already haven't), make sure that the coil is mounted straight.

rfm autofire.jpgrfm autofire.jpg

if the two studs on part no. 6 (coil centering bracket [regardless of what the instruction manual states]), aren't lined up straight, it can cause the plunger to bind and stick instead of retract correctly.

also, make sure that the coil, the sleeve and the centering bracket are as tight as they can be against the end of the auto-fire bracket (there shouldn't be any "play" between the auto-fire bracket, the coil and/or the centering bracket)

#54 10 years ago

I just recently finished doing the same on mine (with the exception of the pop bumpers (which I still need to rebuild).

my advice. take it slow and tackle them one at a time.

I'm also looking at designing a solution so that the centering brackets and the cups of the armatures don't get peened based on the current design.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 85.00
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j_m_.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/revenge-from-mars-your-advice-appreciated?tu=j_m_ and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.