Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by weasel671
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

I bought a Revenge From Mars yesterday. It played fine for a couple games, then would randomly freeze up then it would not boot back up until it sat awhile. Today I have nothing. The red light on the CPU is on and so is the monitor but the screen is just grey. Won't boot up or load anything just sits there. No playfield lights or anything. I reseated all connectors and ram, changed the CR2032 battery and reseated the prizm board. Right now I have a $3700 paperweight. Please help!

Ryan

#2 2 years ago

Check the fuses ?

Get a list of what fuses go where and make sure the right ones are in and not blown of course.

3 months later
#3 2 years ago
Quoted from weasel671:

I bought a Revenge From Mars yesterday. It played fine for a couple games, then would randomly freeze up then it would not boot back up until it sat awhile. Today I have nothing. The red light on the CPU is on and so is the monitor but the screen is just grey. Won't boot up or load anything just sits there. No playfield lights or anything. I reseated all connectors and ram, changed the CR2032 battery and reseated the prizm board. Right now I have a $3700 paperweight. Please help!
Ryan

Hopefully you’re already repaired your revenge from Mars. If you haven’t it sounds very similar to what I went through with mine. I was able to repair mine by replacing the capacitors on the motherboard. After that she started right up and has been working great ever since.

1 week later
#4 2 years ago
Quoted from Lostseven:

Hopefully you’re already repaired your revenge from Mars. If you haven’t it sounds very similar to what I went through with mine. I was able to repair mine by replacing the capacitors on the motherboard. After that she started right up and has been working great ever since.

I did send my computer to Rob Anthony in Denver. Says my motherboard is fried. $568 for the board plus $79 labor plus return shipping. I bought a computer off a guy on Ebay that replaced the capacitors and batteries and updated with the latest update for $500. Told Rob just to send my computer back. I'm gonna keep it for parts. Thanks for you inquiry and help though.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 85.00
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/revenge-from-mars-won-t-boot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.