Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by PhantomO
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

I need to update the ROM on my Pinball 2000 Revenge from Mars from 1.0 to 1.5. Planetary Pinball's updates say they require a computer running Windows 95 or 98, which I don't happen to have. Does anyone know if the update will work using a Windows XP computer? Also, can I upgrade directly to 1.5 or do I have to first upgrade all the interim versions? Thanks!

#2 11 years ago

Yes, you can use Windows xp or Windows 7. I have used both without issue. Your biggest challenge (and if you are computer savvy at all it isn't a big deal) is getting your com ports to work properly. Most newer machine don't have serial ports anymore, so you will need a NULL usb to serial adapter.

You should also be able to go right to the latest version.

#3 11 years ago

Yes, it will work in XP and above, provided you aren't using the 64-bit version of the Windows code. (If you don't know, you probably aren't.) You may have to change the properties on the executable to run in Win 95 compatibility mode, though.

There's no need to upgrade to interim versions. Do you have the null modem cable already? That sometimes trips people up.

(Edit: timing overlap w/ ralph. What he said.)

#4 11 years ago

Thanks. I can get the cable and will try to run this with my old Windows XP desktop.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.00
$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/revenge-from-mars-rom-update-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.