By RaoulJuke

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1 post
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RaoulJuke.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

I've recently picked up a RFM and ive had to do some running repairs to get her going. First was the monitor which has been corrected, a GI lamp issue which is now fixed & a few issues with getting fliippers and switches to react correctly. The final issue was a slightly weak right flipper. its about at 80%which is an issue as it lacks enough power to get up the centre jump shot.

IVe tried various times to reposition, clean and re-build the flipper to get it going at close to 100% and nothing worked, so i ordered a flipper rebuild kit, including a new EOS. I completed the kit re-build and it looks great, but when i went to test it -the right, rebuilt flipper was not responding at all.

I tested the right flipper button in diagnostics and it worked fine. no issue there.

I then checked the fuses and noticed that 104 was blown, which made sense as that protects the right flipper. i recently picked up some fuses for this machine as its the only one i have that uses these small ones. I asked the chap at the tech store specifically for the ones for this machine, a T4.0 & T5.0. I replaced the fuse with a T4.0 and turned it on. The fuse did not blow, but black smoke started to come up from the resistors in the centre, below the fuses. I turned the machine on and re-tested the 104 fuse and it appears to be fine. I notice that the old T.40 fuse does not look like the one i replaced it with. The old had a thin, straight flint inside where the one i installed has a spring style inside. The engravement on the new fuse says S4.0 / 250V. Is this possibly the wrong type of fuse?

I have not turned the machine on again, i have swapped over a good originaly, 4fuse from the neighbouring fuse holder, and put it into 104, and used the new 4 "spring" one in that holder. Have not re-turned it on yet as not sure what i need to check to make sure further damage is applied.

Anyone have any suggestions on what i should do next to test, and what the issue might be? I never unsoldred the coil so that has not been modified, the only thing i re-soldered was the EOS.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 85.00
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RaoulJuke.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/revenge-from-mars-right-flipper-blown-fuse-black-smoke?tu=RaoulJuke and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.